Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,442 members, 7,853,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria (585 Views)

Pure Suffering Here And Going Straight To Hell / Elderly Men Are More Romantic Than The So Called Young Men / My So Called Girlfriend Cannot Do What Other Girls Are Doing(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2022
I have noticed that the meaning of love in this part of the world is all about suffering.

If you really love someone, you must suffer with the person, even if the suffering leads to your death.

If you correct someone harshly, that means you truely love the person.

If you really love someone, you must be ready to take the person excessive behavior, even if the person behavior will negatively affect your well being.

It seems most Nigerians have been programmed to see true love as only suffering with someone till you die.
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2022
If a woman exchange her own organ or well being for a man that did misused his, it is true love.

This brought me to the case of idris.

so this man spent all his whole young life drinking alcohol and womanizing, only for his wife to donate her own kidney for him.

Nigerians are busy shouting true love, btw, what do you expect her to do in a tight corner, leave her husband? sometimes it has nothing to do with true love but pity and fear of living without a spouse on top of responsibility.

I hate all these nonsense pity games,,

some of you women should try to tell your husband out there to stop taking too much alcohol, you don't want to be the ones donating kidney in the future.

living with one kidney also comes with its own issue, the risk of developing mild high blood pressure, fluid retention, and proteinuria are high.

nonsense true love, everything about love in this part of this world is tragedy, suffering and sacrificing one's life for the other who misused his own life.

1 Like

Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by marlow1962(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2022
Guy
Someone that is scarce/show no love during the time of hard times, but only to resurface and all loving during the time of plenty, is that one true love?

I don’t expect anybody to suffer wit me, same way I don’t expect you to love me when am made, but if you’re with me during the ups and down till when everything becomes okay( now that’s true love)
But if you stay/love during these hard times, surely you’re genuine at heart and there’s a reward for you on earth and in heaven( except the person doesn’t value good ppl, of which most ppl don’t)

I can nva show love to those who didn’t show me love when I was down, I will be a fool for doing that.
Love is supposed to be genuine, but ppl nowadays have made it look like something you must buy by having a certain tin( money)
I see ppl say “go and make money before finding love” if you are among those ppl you’re a fool.
So what you mean a broke dude doesn’t deserve love (that’s fuvkin stupid mentality of you)

As a guy, if you didn’t get loved when you’re down, only to start looking for love when you have money( you’re a fool) it shows that your don’t want them to love you for who you are but what you can offer.
Many evil ppl pretend to love a rich guy all cus of the financial benefits.

I will say it again “love is something genuine “ and can’t be bought, the day you start looking for love cus you already have money( then you bleeped)

And as for suffering all in the name of love, I don’t have anything else to say as different people with different lifestyles.
But me, I remember when I was down I no longer have the friends that was there during the time of plenty, no soo called OTF, blood, bro, big dawg. All ran away( even the soo called female frnds, gf) But thank God for not being a man, he comes through for real niggas, now how do you expect me to show love to ppl that didn’t gv a Bleep about me when I was down?

Na person wer suffer they chop, even bible say no food for a lazy man.
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by blinking001(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
I have noticed that the meaning of love in this part of the world is all about suffering.

If you really love someone, you must suffer with the person, even if the suffering leads to your death.

If you really love someone, you must be ready to take the person excessive behavior, even if the person behavior will negatively affect your well being.

It seems most Nigerians have been programmed to see true love as only suffering with someone till you die.

At the bolded, i wonder where you guys learn such rubbish.
There is nothing like love, true love does not exist atleast between men and women that aren't blood relatives. Stop taking your fantasies too seriously because they'll lead you no where.
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by marlow1962(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2022
Guy
Someone that is scarce/show no love during hard times, but only to resurface and all loving during the time of plenty, is that one true love?

I don’t expect anybody to suffer wit me, same way I don’t expect you to love me when am made, but if you’re with me during the ups and down till when everything becomes okay( now that’s true love)
But if you stay/love during these hard times, surely you’re genuine at heart and there’s a reward for you on earth and in heaven( except the person doesn’t value good ppl, of which most ppl don’t)

I can nva show love to those who didn’t show me love when I was down, I will be a fool for doing that.
Love is supposed to be genuine, but ppl nowadays have made it look like something you must buy by having a certain tin( money)
I see ppl say “go and make money before finding love” if you are among those ppl you’re a fool.
So what you mean a broke dude doesn’t deserve love (that’s fuvkin stupid mentality of you)

As a guy, if you didn’t get loved when you’re down, only to start looking for love when you have money( you’re a fool) it shows that your don’t want them to love you for who you are but what you can offer.

I will say it again “love is something genuine “ and can’t be bought, the day you start looking for love cus you already have money( then you bleeped)

And as for suffering all in the name of love, I don’t have anything else to say as different people with different lifestyles.
But me, I remember when I was down I no longer have the friends that was there during the time of plenty, no soo called OTF, blood, bro, big dawg. All ran away( even the soo called female frnds, gf) But thank God for not being a man, he comes through for real niggas, now how do you expect me to show love to ppl that didn’t gv a Bleep about me when I was down?

Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by BrotherCork: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Bro u can't find love on Nairaland or u dint find love?
anyways do u no u can now find love between 10k & 25k sir...olosho now hav diffarent rate....even 12k love sir,.but depending if she lightskin, dakskin or halfcast(TRUE STORY) smiley
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Mikester: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2022
The love described in soap operas, Telemundo, zee world or the likes are nothing but fantasy. Unfortunately, a lot of people fail to separate fantasy from reality only to be disappointed in the future and love itself is always never enough to keep relationships. Understanding and compatibility are the pillars of every lasting relationship. But society lives in denial. You can't really change this.

A good resume' increases your chances of employment. If you feel you need to rework your C.V. to a professional level for any career you desire, at a lower price within 24 hours, reach me via whatsapp/telegram via 09011485695 or via mail at michaelsglow@yahooo.com. No payment until delivery.

You never know, you might just get the job which has you need.

This is my assistance to the society and to some people here.

Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by kayperry: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

most importantly have you seen where people say r/ship between the likes of;

Tu baba and Annie

Captain and omotola

Banky w and adesua. ..... Is not true love

Do you actually except ur love ones to take correction and understand you don't like what they just did by shining your 32 teeth undecided

Does it sound or look like God was shining teeth when he reprimanded Adam & Eve for eating the forbidden fruit.

Teacher don't teach us nonsense, there is so much atrocities in the world to day for a sensible person to be asking people to tolerate bad behaviour.

True love is for better for worst.. Idris abdulkareem wife just gave her husband her kidney that is true love... as normal as it sounds among the new generation, it's for better we keep fvcking for worst she moves on to the next bidder.

How do you even intend to test for true love without an atom of discomfort undecided how do you know ur true friend if it's all rosy
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Robertgreene1(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2022
Interesting....
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
BrotherCork:

Bro u can't find love on Nairaland or u dint find love?
anyways do u no u can now find love between 10k & 25k sir...olosho now hav diffarent rate....even 12k love sir,.but depending if she lightskin, dakskin or halfcast(TRUE STORY) smiley

Lol
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
marlow1962:
Guy
Someone that is scarce/show no love during the time of hard times, but only to resurface and all loving during the time of plenty, is that one true love?

I still don't understand the essence of this type of love, must people always suffer with you to proof their loyalty.

I think loyalty and suffering together nothing to do with each other.

Nobody knows the future, now expecting someone to suffer with you expecting future rewards is lame, what is the chance that you will be successful.

I am going to be realistic, most people change when they are successful.
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Vinnie2000(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
OP, In the early 2000's, True love still existed in Nigeria.

But the coming of Camera phones, Blackberry, Iphones+ Davido 'Assurance' songs KILLED and BURIED it.
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
kayperry:

most importantly have you seen where people say r/ship between the likes of;

Tu baba and Annie

Captain and omotola

Banky w and adesua. ..... Is not true love

Do you actually except ur love ones to take correction and understand you don't like what they just did by shining your 32 teeth undecided

Does it sound or look like God was shining teeth when he reprimanded Adam & Eve for eating the forbidden fruit.

Teacher don't teach us nonsense, there is so much atrocities in the world to day for a sensible person to be asking people to tolerate bad behaviour.

True love is for better for worst.. Idris abdulkareem wife just gave her husband her kidney that is true love... as normal as it sounds among the new generation, it's for better we keep fvcking for worst she moves on to the next bidder.

How do you even intend to test for true love without an atom of discomfort undecided how do you know ur true friend if it's all rosy

Just because people live together for long in a marriage does not mean their is love in that marriage.

People fall out of love and still live together because of what they are benefiting or because of children.

Also true love has nothing to do with correction, people correct others for various reasons. It has nothing to do with true love.

You can't test true love by discomfort because in reality discomfort brings contempt, no matter how you see it.

Btw, there is nothing like true love,stop living in fantasy.

People "love" you because you have something you are offering, e.g sex, beauty, money,security, fertility " once they achieve what they want, they get tired.

Nobody will "love you if you are not offering something, even your parents
Re: Why Is So Called True Love All About Suffering Here In Nigeria by kayperry: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Just because people live together for long in a marriage does not mean their is love in that marriage.

People fall out of love and still live together because of what they are benefiting or because of children.

Also true love has nothing to do with correction, people correct others for various reasons. It has nothing to do with true love.

You can't test true love by discomfort because in reality discomfort brings contempt, no matter how you see it.

Btw, there is nothing like true love,stop living in fantasy.

People "love" you because you have something you are offering, e.g sex, beauty, money,security, fertility " once they achieve what they want, they get tired.

Nobody will "love you if you are not offering something, even your parents

Yes couple fall out of love and sometimes couples grow in love till death

when you love someone either a spouse, friend or your child, its mission impossible to watch dem fail becos you love them you will alway want to correct them, personally shining ur teeth or smiling to pass on correction works

Recently, america parent are appealing to their law maker to enact laws that will permit them discipline there kids they are tired of their ways.

Most people love you because of what they get from you buh trust me bro i have so many people esp. ladies in my life that have gone length for me, i can't even recall what i did to warrant such.

There is no money people they shout buh money dey where he dey, i would say same for Luv, Bro love dey where he dey pray you get luck

(1) (Reply)

. / Can Anyone Help Me / I Need Your Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.