Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? (7551 Views)

Pregnancy Before Marriage: Share Your Views / Pregnancy Before Marriage: Why Are Most Men Particular About It? / Sex & Pregnancy Before Marriage Will Cause U To Marry Another Person Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
Some may say NO! because it's Sex before Marriage, others may say YES because it may be a Proof of Fertility! I cant really speak for all! I want us to discuss on the Positives and Negatives! Cheerz! smiley
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by afrobaby(f): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
Let's hear views first, before we share ours
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by pendo89(f): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
My views

[b]Op, first pregnancy is the best thing that can happen to any woman.

There's a time for everything and anything good done at the wrong time makes the good thing seem bad espe if we are not ready to handle it.

Pregnancy should not be used as a measure of fertility because there are some women who get pregnant but cannot carry it to full term.
They keep miscarrying because their wombs are weak for one reason or another.(one being numerous abortions)

Pregnancy can be used as blackmail especially if a lady is not secure in the relationship so better avoid it before you get trapped(man) or dumped (the lady)

My stand is this,try and avoid it if you can till you get married esp if you have no means or ways of handling.

And incase it happens then love it and cherish it. Its still a baby that can make a difference one da[/b]y.

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Phate07(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2011

Am totally against the idea of having children outside wedlock.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
This is MY view an anyone who does not like it can Die.
You don't get married because of children if you want children why get married? You can adopt or even pay some ho to carry your seed. You get married because you love the woman and you would love to spend the rest of your live with her.
NEXT!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Goldieluks: 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

You don't get married because of children if you want children why get married? You can adopt or even pay some ho to carry your seed. You get married because you love the woman and you would love to spend the rest of your live with her.
NEXT!!!!!!

Gbam!!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Phate07(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

NEXT!!!!!!

Dude, my advice to you is to change your phylosophy on life.

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Phate07(m): 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2011
Goldieluks:

Gbam!!

Sup Sweets? Hope you have been enjoying the sunshine.

Can we make some babies? wink
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by pendo89(f): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
@Mynd

^^ If the thread titled went something like 'WHY DO WE GET MARRIED' or 'DO CHILDREN MATTER IN MARRIAGE' or WOULD YOU MARRY HER IF YOU DISCOVERED SHES INFERTILE'

then your response would have fit.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by lindabon: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

on point!!

anyways, pregnancy before marriage is not a big deal from my own point of view. having a child depends more on if someone is capable of taking care of the child. most married couple with 10kids and no financial means to take care of the children cannot be better than a single man or a single woman who have all the means and loving environment to support a child. only in backwards societies will it still be a crime to be pregnant b4 marriage   undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nayah(f): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
I prefer having children before marriage but life is not always in control, so I'm not going to blame those who wouldn't do the same
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Goldieluks: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
Phate07:

Sup Sweets? Hope you have been enjoying the sunshine.

Can we make some babies? wink

Yes why not? will you send your spermatozoa to my mail then?
i will send my address to your yim,sweets!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Phate07(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2011

How many babies can we have? 3?
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Goldieluks: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
erm erm 6.
what do you think,i have a name for them already.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
Phate07:

Dude, my advice to you is to change your phylosophy on life.

I love the current one and it is working fine so go sky-dive of a high rise without a parachute
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by jnrprof(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2011
I'm totally averse to pre-marital sex so most definately pregnancy before marriage is a huge no-no in my books. There really isn't any guarantee taht a lady would get married to the guy she gets pregnant for!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
I would prefer the children have both parents albeit the parents are married or shacking. If the parents are the type that will divorce in a hot second then it doesn't mean nothing to have your children upon marriage however I prefer if you chooses to have children before marriage.

Plan the pregnancy and make sure that you are able to provide for your child if the other parent doesn't step in or step up.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by madoba: 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
Pregnancy before marriage, is a big NO NO for moi! I am just old fashioned like that when it comes to certain things.

A fertility test can tell if a person will bear children or not I do not need to be packing a big belle to prove anything to anyone.

I can't say what the pros & cons are. I just know it's not something I want for myself or any daugther I give birth to.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by pinkrex(m): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2011
Are you asking, To imp-regnant someone deliberately or by fate
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by kufreabasi(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
pendo89:

My views

[b]Op, first pregnancy is the best thing that can happen to any woman.

There's a time for everything and anything good done at the wrong time makes the good thing seem bad espe if we are not ready to handle it.

Pregnancy should not be used as a measure of fertility because there are some women who get pregnant but cannot carry it to full term.
They keep miscarrying because their wombs are weak for one reason or another.(one being numerous abortions)

Pregnancy can be used as blackmail especially if a lady is not secure in the relationship so better avoid it before you get trapped(man) or dumped (the lady)

My stand is this,try and avoid it if you can till you get married esp if you have no means or ways of handling.

And incase it happens then love it and cherish it. Its still a baby that can make a difference one da[/b]y.

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by quantai(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
sex before marriage is the worst thing that could happen to couple.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by omaojo1: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2011
Marriage is still honourable in all, and the bed undefiled oh. Hebrews 13:4

This generatn only makes me wonder if there is still something called the fear of God.

Trust and obey God and leave the rest to him.

Didn't we see how he crowned Elizabeth's childlessness with a man sent from God?

John the baptist was filled with the spirit from the womb-one of a kind.

The reason why many marriges don't obtain favour from God.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by r231(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2011
quantai:

says who undecided undecided
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by 9jafetish(f): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2011
if you ca afford having children you can sure afford having a wedding.

so it's marriage before kids
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by claremont(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
sexkillz:

Some may NO! because it's Sex before Marriage, others may say YES because it may be a Proof of Fertility! I cant really speak for all! I want us to discuss on the Positives and Negatives! Cheerz! smiley
[b]Pregnancy before marriage can be looked at from the cultural, religious, and social points of view. The fact remains that pregnancy is the ultimate supreme test of fertility for both sexes, and anyone who suggests anything to the contrary is just playing to the gallery. The ladies who are passionately against pregnancy before marriage do so either based on irrational religious grounds, or because they prefer keeping the skeletons of their profound womb damage (due to innumerable abortions) well hidden away until they have jumped over the marriage broom. Our African society also frowns at pregnancy before marriage, and views ladies who may have unwittingly become pregnant before marriage as s-luts.

I am a 100% advocate of pregnancy before marriage especially among Nigerian couples (na we know ourself wink). It is the ultimate test of fertility of both partners, and infertility issues can be well addressed before they cross the marriage broom; doing so leaves us with one less issue for the couple to worry about after they become married. Infertility is a major reason for the break-up of many marriages today, it therefore correlates logically, that if more and more people choose to get pregnant before marriage, that will help in no small measure to reduce the rate at which marriages break-up as far as infertility is concerned.[/b]
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by tankwa: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
An advise for those of you who are not yet married especially guys.

If any lady tells you that she would not like to get pregnant before wedding, please run.
I said run away because she knows her problem.
If she does not have fertility problem why mandating it that she will not be pregnant bf wedding.They know their problems bc many guys have done that thing with them without the use of condom and they did not get pregnant.
Again run if she comes with that mandate
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 6:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
madoba:

Pregnancy before marriage, is a big NO NO for moi! I am just old fashioned like that when it comes to certain things.

A fertility test can tell if a person will bear children or not I do not need to be packing a big belle to prove anything to anyone.

I can't say what the pros & cons are. I just know it's not something I want for myself or any daugther I give birth to.

I agree with you. You can tell who is BEHIND in technology and doesn't have adequate access to them which is nothing wrong with that however people need to get with TODAY and stop living in the past.

There are all type of ways to find out if someone is fertile or not. Menstruation is one of them and if you do not understand how it works then you are as clueless as those who are window lickers. (Not speaking of you specifically)

One more I want to add, just because a woman is pregnant doesn't mean the husband is the father. Think about it people. Use common sense. It is healthy.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
9jafetish:

if you ca afford having children you can sure afford having a wedding.

so it's marriage before kids

I agree with you 1000% however SOME people are not marriage material.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by rukkysmile: 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
@Phate07 and Goldieluks, am enjoyin ur conversation pls u guys shud continue, i mean about ur baby stuff, lol
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Goldieluks: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
Marriage before pregnancy is ideally good,but sometimes things may not go as planned,
a woman may get pregnant before the d-day,and you don't expect her to abort the pregnancy,do you?

What am i even dragging matters for,when a lot of us here are aware that so many marriages in Nigeria,
you see the woman half way pregnant,walking to the aisle,not as if its 100% right,but it is obviously inevitable.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Ultrame(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
quantai:

Where do you live? Mars?
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by 9jafetish(f): 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
sexkillz:

Some may NO! because it's Sex before Marriage, others may say YES because it may be a Proof of Fertility! I cant really speak for all! I want us to discuss on the Positives and Negatives! Cheerz! smiley

sexkillz did you get your girlfriend pregnant ? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo:when You Finally Meet That Lady That Told You She Doesn't Date Broke Guys / Do Girls Love Unprotected Sex More Than Guys? / No Heaven For You If You Understand This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.