Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? (21135 Views)

White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS / Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. / Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by nolongTing: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
The possibility of yet another U.S. war became more real last week, when the Obama administration sharply confronted both China and Iran. The first aggressive act was performed by Obama’s Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, who “warned” China that it must support serious economic sanctions against Iran (an act of war).

Clinton said: “China will be under a lot of pressure to recognize the destabilizing effect that a nuclear-armed Iran would have, from which they receive a significant percentage of their oil supply.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17330
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Rgp92: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2011
I hope not, it will be the end of the human race cry cry
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by nolongTing: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
whoopsy daisy! I was suppose to put this in the FOREIGN AFFAIRS SECTION  grin grin grin
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
There is an economic war going already and my guess is that china is winning ahead of Us.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by ektbear: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2011
how does going to war help stem an "economic decline?"

Anyway, US economy is still growing (2-3% a year, iirc.) Just not as quickly as China's (10% or so per year).
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by ektbear: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
nolongTing:

whoopsy daisy! I was suppose to put this in the FOREIGN AFFAIRS SECTION  grin grin grin

that section is dead. nobody'd see it if you posted there
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by ranlaen: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
nah,US is just blowing steam because its not only china that has iran support its also russia.

But anyhow USA cannot even afford the wars it has at the moment talk less of a new one.

their lose of triple A rating means burrowing to fight is also out of the question.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2011
China's economy depends on America a little , Little because the world is made in China so Americans aren't the only customers but they are very very good customers!!

The USA can not afford war right now, Though I doubt they won't go to war when the party of NO gets there. it doesn't seem likely that Obama will win next election!

We have another party of NO now, Teabag republicans: The party of Never!
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by nolongTing: 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

There is an economic war going already and my guess is that china is winning ahead of Us.

thats why I can see war on the horizon - will the USA willingly accept second place to China?
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by nolongTing: 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

how does going to war help stem an "economic decline?"

If you look into Keynesian economics and the multiplier effect it will explain how.

ekt_bear:

Anyway, US economy is still growing (2-3% a year, iirc.) Just not as quickly as China's (10% or so per year).

how comes steve jobs has more cash then? lol!
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by nolongTing: 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
9jaganja:

China's economy depends on America a little , Little because the world is made in China so Americans aren't the only customers but they are very very good customers!!

The USA can not afford war right now, Though I doubt they won't go to war when the party of NO gets there. it doesn't seem likely that Obama will win next election!

We have another party of NO now, Teabag republicans: The party of Never!

That interesting, if the US depends on the Chinese economy a LITTLE but China holds US bonds worth over US$1 trillion who will GAIN the most if they go to war?
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 09, 2011
nolongTing:

That interesting, if the US depends on the Chinese economy a LITTLE but China holds US bonds worth over US$1 trillion who will GAIN the most if they go to war?

I believe if they go to war, the US will need propaganda to win such war owing to the fact that China can decide to inject the 1trillion dollars into the dollar market devaluing it by more than 80%, That will be detrimental to Americans trying to purchase oil, Americans' purchasing power will drop and they won't be able to buy oil from many countries except drill theirs which won't be enough,

China also has something to lose, NATO nations will not buy from China either and will also wage an economic war though most of Nato nations also owe something to China, The best option for China is to avoid such war because their economic activities depends on Western Europe and America a lot, In an economic war, they both stand to lose a lot but I think China can survive well without the USA, Though US can survive, it depends on that said bond China holds,

First, the USA will need to nullify the bond illegitimately, then they can think of War! But then again, Russia is there and is China's biggest Ally, The truth is, the war will be too deep to dig the countries involve out of it, Seriously such war will be harsh on humanity,
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 09, 2011
The U.S. has the technological advantage
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Beaf: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2011
History has shown how such wars are fought. The US and USSR warred other through all sorts of proxy battles in places like Cuba, Afghanistan etc; you arm your allies to grapple and scrap, that way you avoid the nuclear button in an unwinnable war.
This time the battlefields will be countries with rich oil and mineral reserves.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by tushutt(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2011
H-Star89:

The U.S. has the technological advantage

and im sure china lacks that abi angry
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by elcij(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2011
Beaf:

History has shown how such wars are fought. The US and USSR warred other through all sorts of proxy battles in places like Cuba, Afghanistan etc; you arm your allies to grapple and scrap, that way you avoid the nuclear button in an unwinnable war.
This time the battlefields will be countries with rich oil and mineral reserves.

such as Nigeria.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by bossinie: 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
9jaganja:

China's economy depends on America a little ,  Little because the world is made in China so Americans aren't the only customers but they are very very good customers!!

The USA can not afford war right now,  Though I doubt they won't go to war when the party of NO gets there. it doesn't seem likely that Obama will win next election!

We have another party of NO now,  Teabag republicans: The party of Never!
It is highly detrimental for a debtor to go war against his creditor,let alone initiate that war.The US economy is fueled largely by credits from China,where do you think the US will borrow the just approved credit limit extension?Where do you think the man-power which drives most of the US major manufacturing companies come from? Well your guess is as good as mine,i believe this topic should just be commented on for humor sake,nothing more, inconceivable at this time!
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by bisiaet: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2011
Why would US attack China? No reason for such act.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by manny4life(m): 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
They won't go to war, Well I doubt, my dear country U.S. will go to war for anything. Their wars are no longer justified. Keep in mind that U.S. has more weaponry and technological advantage over China though China has more economic standing than U.S. In addition, other than the nuclear weapons Russia has, what else have they, NOTHING. According to the START Treaty resigned last year that reduced nuclear warhead to 2,500 by both nations U.S. and Russia, technology wise, U.S. has better advantage over them. Russia is yet to spend tens of billions to overhaul its entire military fleet while U.S. has indebted herself to advancing than other nations in the military fleet program. The defense department accounts about $500billion + a year, about 1/7th that of China and Russia, do the math. Don't forget as well that U.S. has allies (obviously Europe and Asia, Japan and South Korea are bitter enemies to China and North Korea respectively, strong allies of the U.S.) and with NATO, anything is possible. I stand to be corrected on what I've written.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by hajifaty: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2011
It will be hard for US to attack China becos China also have one of the best military and China is a nuclear power. China has the technology to hit every american cities with nuclear weapon. China is totally different from powerless states like libya,iraq and afgan.
As US is a member of NATO and China is a member of SCO which include nuclear power Russia  and their Motto is You attack One, You attack All.
The war could be the end of human race but Africa continent could be the last continent.
US dear not attack Iran take less of China. China has the  technology to hit all the US satelites from the ground. therefore the US technology will be useless in the war with china.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by manny4life(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^

Leave everything you read on news paper, Think about it

Japan goes to war with China (two bitter enemies, and Japan is 10x more nuclear advanced than China)

South Korea  vs North Korea (South commands more militarily advantage than the North)

Israel vs Iran

U.S. vs Russia

NATO nations against SCO,

Really, there's been hype that China is a threat but in reality it's all for hype sake. DoD isn't silly

If they go to war, it will crush China's economy and U.S. will be right were they started from. U.S. is China's largest trading partner, imagine how much losses they will have. They can only have so much before the bubble hits with 1billion + people. If they go to war, China will have a great economic impact, and you saying you attack one you attack all, do u think other nuclear powers in Europe will watch and sit back while Russia and China attack?
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by hajifaty: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2011
manny4life:

^^^^

Leave everything you read on news paper, Think about it

Japan goes to war with China (two bitter enemies, and Japan is more nuclear advanced than China)

South Korea  vs North Korea (South commands more militarily advantage than the North)

Israel vs Iran

U.S. vs Russia

NATO nations against SCO,

Really, there's been hype that China is a threat but in reality it's all for hype sake. DoD isn't silly

If they go to war, it will crush China's economy and U.S. will be right were they started from. U.S. is China's largest trading partner, imagine how much losses they will have. They can only have so much before the bubble hits with 1billion + people.

this is not about hype or not. Your leaders in DC know all these. I don't ready nor listen to junk news as you guys in the US do. If I am not sure of any other things but I am 100% sure of both having the capacity of hitting each other satelites from the ground. Once US satelites are down then the war technologies are useless.
NATO and US can only go to war against powerless states.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by manny4life(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2011
hajifaty:

this is not about hype or not. Your leaders in DC know all these. I don't ready nor listen to junk news as you guys in the US do. If I am not sure of any other things but I am 100% sure of both having the capacity of  hitting  each other satelites from the ground. Once US satelites are down then the war technologies are useless.
NATO and US can only go to war against powerless states.

Dude, I am no war strategist, I guess U.S. has a clue on what their doing. Their $500 billion budget of defense sure is going somewhere compared to 1/10th of that of China, but what I still maintain is in as long as China is involved, Japan  (their bitter enemy, more advanced and more tech than them who has been seeking every opportunity to attack) WILL NOT let them free.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by islamrules(m): 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2011
this is not about hype or not. Your leaders in DC know all these. I don't ready nor listen to junk news as you guys in the US do. If I am not sure of any other things but I am 100% sure of both having the capacity of  hitting  each other satelites from the ground.
Once US satelites are down then the war technologies are useless

Do you think American technology is a toy like china. America Military technology is more powerful than what you read on newspaper, blow up America satellite ? At this age of self-defence multi-stage satellites. Are you from 13th century ?

NATO and US can only go to war  against powerless states.

Actually war wont pay both side. But China is going to suffer most because, it is like cat fighting a Lion, although they are both Cats.

The only country that can fight America is Britain/Germany/Russia. China is still a hyped kid.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
tushutt:

and im sure china lacks that abi angry

China nor its allies have F22A fighter jets. They have numbers, thats it! U.S. forces strongest and most effective military in the history of man.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by islamrules(m): 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
Forget about sentiment.

Economically:
China is poor, having 1trillion bonds in US economy doesnt mean. Go to china and see poverty at its peak and compare with US.

US is blessed with natural resources, if they decide not to import oil again. They already have oil reserve. Alaska is an untapped oil deposit.

In world ratings, it is US businesses that are leading in profit and cash. See Apple, google and others, there have never been any in china. When we are talking about Economic problem, we should think properly.

In military, china's military is the largest in terms of human resources, because china is over-populated. And war these days is not by population, it is by Technology. When it comes to defense and weaponry china is just a toddler. The only country that can deal a deadly blow on US is Russia.

By the way, China and US cant go to war. China is in dilemma of loosing. If they do not curb Iran excess, US will be forced to Wire Iran and China wont have access to Iran oil during a long war, and US will automatically have access to this oil. 2. If China support a trade ban on Iran, it means china is ban from doing business with Iran.

China and US are like tongue and teeth, they have to be friends even if they dont like each other.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by juman(m): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
No. No. There can be no war against China or Iran.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by juman(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2011
el_cij:

such as Nigeria.

You make me laugh a lot. Just forget it. Nigeria cannot be figthing war on another country's behalf. We are disjointed people. The country will just break up the second day of the war. grin grin grin
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by Blackteeth(m): 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2011
America can not attack china like it did to iraq and libya except for national survival. China is currently ranked second in the world in military might above Russia, Britain, Germany and France. The cost of a U.S invasion of China will take a heavy toll on America which they don't wish for. China can hit U.S cities unlike libya and Iraq.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by BetaThings: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2011
They will not go to war
@Hajifaty.
China does not have the ability to hit USA everywhere
Japan has nuclear power, but focussed on electricity now
They are not likely to fight China - bitter enemies, but China is close and has ready nuclear weapons
USA is still more advanced than China militarily
China still needs years to catch up
Russia needs somebody to help it strike US off its perch, but it cannot do it alone, and there are no willing takers
An economic war will bruise China very badly - they have 1.3b to take care of
Western Europe will side with US to stop the ascendancy of China
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by manny4life(m): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^

You're right, exactly what I'm trying to explain to him, China is no match for U.S., reports have it that they will take another 10years or more to catch up to U.S. in terms of economy i.e. if they run faster, militarily, it's not happening soon. The last thing China needs to something that will distablize it's growing economy. With issue of China, according to reports, while China is focused on Nuclear, Japan still remains that Nuclear power in Asia though they focused on electricity doesn't mean they aren't focused on Nuclear technology military fleet. China makes so much noise and tell the whole world about its achievement on the other side, Japan I don't think it does.

Blackteeth:

America can not attack china like it did to iraq and libya except for national survival. [b]China is currently ranked second in the world in military might above Russia, Britain, Germany and France. [/b]The cost of a U.S invasion of China will take a heavy toll on America which they don't wish for. China can hit U.S cities unlike libya and Iraq.

That is a big LIE on the bold portion. China is the second largest economy NOT military POWER. Get your facts straight.
Re: Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? by islamrules(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2011
They will not go to war
@Hajifaty.
China does not have the ability to hit USA everywhere
Japan has nuclear power, but focussed on electricity now
They are not likely to fight China - bitter enemies, but China is close and has ready nuclear weapons
USA is still more advanced than China militarily
China still needs years to catch up
Russia needs somebody to help it strike US off its perch, but it cannot do it alone, and there are no willing takers
An economic war will bruise China very badly - they have 1.3b to take care of
Western Europe will side with US to stop the ascendancy of China

You understand, they cannot go to war. But, America may/will hit Iran. And there is nothing China can do.
America has edge over China. China is developing, they dont have modern war experience. America has developed, they are always at war.
China is only rated high because of its economic boom, and this economy boom is just a time bomb because nobody like China because of her piracy and fake product, cant even take up a country like France. Europe is powerful! Hope China wont fight America with fake nuclear missiles lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angolans Play Dead To Protest Bad Road (Photos) / Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country / 7.6 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Japan As Country Braces For 16Ft Tsunami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.