Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa (7329 Views)

Ondo APC, PDP, SDP Chieftains Defect To Labour Party / 700,000 NE NNPP Members Defect To PDP, Urge Kwankwaso To Join / 20,000 APC, NNPP Members Dump Parties, Defect To PDP In Katsina (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by adekolaelect(m): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
Which kin rough play north are playing in APC? Of all od dem de decamp entee PDP, na who and who go cum remain for APC?
ABI DEM WAN TURN APC TO WESTERN PARTY?
Wake up !!! You are still sleeping

Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

Sai buhari that couldn't dislodge dankwambo in gombe and pdp in taraba? Turaki has lost relevance..lamido won't go anywhere
Of course those are states with very high Christian population. Are you saying Sai Buhari did not help states tilt to APC in 2015? Are you sayin El-Rufai, Lolo, Bagudu, Tambuwal, Badaru won their states purely on their own merit?
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Penguin2: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

Very true.but datti is a lightweight.his bros Hakeem is even better or even Muhammed abacha or someone from taraba or adamawa

Every political heavyweight you know today was once a political lightweight.

Peter Obi was lightweight until Atiku chose him as running mate in 2019.

In fact, he was still lightweight until the emergence of the Obidient movement.

You cannot tell me that Datti’s Emir and people in Kaduna will not have some sentiments for him especially when they consider that he’s likely going to be the next Vice President of Nigeria.

Peter Obi is not interested in winning the core north. Just a fraction of their votes. If Datti succeeds in bringing that fraction, his job is done.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Svoboda(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2022
Personally, ive sampled opinions of about half a dozen noetherners. My inference is that they arent as enthusiastic as you'd expect them to be about atiku. On the contrary, Tinubu seems to have earned their sympathy. Overall, an average northern muslim sees atiku as elitist at best and out of touch with the northern base. You wonder why there isn't that atiku craze or frenzy pervading the north like it happened with buhari in 2015.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Svoboda(m): 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
Penguin2:

You cannot tell me that Datti’s Emir and people in Kaduna will not have some sentiments for him especially when they consider that he’s likely going to be the next Vice President of Nigeria.

Peter Obi is not interested in winning the core north. Just a fraction of their votes. If Datti succeeds in bringing that fraction, his job is done.

Datti is still lightweight. Twin problems make it worse for him, namely running on the platform that has no northern root or not part of the talakawa successor parties like the prp. Secondly, the average northerner views a southeasterner with suspicion, esp with the biafran nationalism. So no matter how hard he pushea his argument, it is quite difficult to sway iron cast sentiments.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Of course those are states with very high Christian population. Are you saying Sai Buhari did not help states tilt to APC in 2015? Are you sayin El-Rufai, Lolo, Bagudu, Tambuwal, Badaru won their states purely on their own merit?

Gombe do not have more christian population than Adamawa,Kaduna,kwara,plateau or benue.
Even though el rufai,badaru,tambuwal,lolo,bagudu were aided by buhari but still had a lot of political strength of their own
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2022
Svoboda:
Personally, ive sampled opinions of about half a dozen noetherners. My inference is that they arent as enthusiastic as you'd expect them to be about atiku. On the contrary, Tinubu seems to have earned their sympathy. Overall, an average northern muslim sees atiku as elitist at best and out of touch with the northern base. You wonder why there isn't that atiku craze or frenzy pervading the north like it happened with buhari in 2015.

Orr.thats why kwankwaso will help dilute votes giving tinubu a slight win
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Penguin2:

Oga,datti has been in politics since 2003 yet still a lightweight. The only position he won was via buhari influence.he can't do anything without buhari
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Svoboda(m): 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

Orr.thats why kwankwaso will help dilute votes giving tinubu a slight win

Thats what it is pointing to. Add to that the fact that the other three major contenders bar Tinubu, are all from the pdp, which effectively makes the opposition split, while not discountenancing kwankwasos veiled affinity for tinubu.

I still think 2023 is Tinubus to lose.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
Svoboda:

Thats what it is pointing to. Add to that the fact that the other three major contenders bar Tinubu, are all from the pdp, which effectively makes the opposition split, while not discountenancing kwankwasos veiled affinity for tinubu.

Gbam.the only thing stopping him is northern apc betrayal
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Penguin2: 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Svoboda:

Datti is still lightweight. Twin problems make it worse for him, namely running on the platform that has no northern root or not part of the talakawa successor parties like the prp. Secondly, the average northerner views a southeasterner with suspicion, esp with the biafran nationalism. So no matter how hard he pushea his argument, it is quite difficult to sway iron cast sentiments.

I understand your points.

But that’s why the main bulk of Obi’s votes is not being expected from that region.

The trio of Atiku, Kwankwaso and Tinubu will cancel themselves out there while Obi concentrates on regions more amenable to his candidacy.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Svoboda:

I think atiku will take sokoto,kebbi narrowly
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Penguin2: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

Oga,datti has been in politics since 2003 yet still a lightweight. The only position he won was via buhari influence.he can't do anything without buhari
I’m not arguing how long he’s been in politics.

That it took someone 8 years to become a heavyweight doesn’t mean that the person who couldn’t become a heavyweight within same period or more, can no longer become a heavyweight.

Don’t underestimate the influence he can bring.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Svoboda(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

Gbam.the only thing stopping him is northern apc betrayal

Yes. If he can find his way around that which i am confident he can because of some points you made in your main text, he will win. President Buharis assurance to stand by apc candidates shouldnt also be taken lightly.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
Svoboda:

Yes. If he can find his way around that which i am confident he can because of some points you made in your main text, he will win. President Buharis assurance to stand by apc candidates shouldnt also be taken lightly.

I dont trust badaru and el rufai.atiku is good in backstabbing and last minute moves
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Svoboda(m): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

I dont trust badaru and el rufai.atiku is good in backstabbing and last minute moves

Well thats something. Asiwaju has to preempt such tendencies with the benefit of hindsight.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
Svoboda:

Well thats something. Asiwaju has to preempt such tendencies with the benefit of hindsight.

Which state are you from
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Svoboda(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

Which state are you from
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by garfield1: 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2022
Svoboda:

Anambra

You must be with obi.I served in ozubulu
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Svoboda(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

You must be with obi.I served in ozubulu

Really?
Anambra is a lovely place.

As for Obi, I'm being realistic about his chances but ive always being pro apc.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by olumi4real(m): 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Realist12:
Why I'm voting Tinubu, unlike those who don't even know or remember what lagos was like during pre 99. As a kid I saw people hacked to death in front of my house in surulere. Not just once . Infact ask any surulere boy about banning of carnival. Y'all don't know about Lagos. Tinubu used RRS and a lot of other administrative initiatives to counter all these vices that comes with over population. He still increased the IGR and set a legacy and blueprints for the state futures growth like Eko Atlantic, lekki FTZ, LAMATA which is in charge of BRT , BRT lane, light rail , bus terminals , lagride etc he also paid WAEC fees for students not to drop out of schools and a lot of other social benefits I remember working with roll back malaria as a secondary school student. Now why would I pick Obi because he's just a wave of the moment when I can't point to any intellectual initiative he brought to the Anambra states but just did the normal things like every other governors and he's hyped about it . Point is we need someone who is willing and capable of carrying out reformative ideas in Nigeria.

Let him bring the ideals to ur family and not Nigeria okay. You better wake up and stop supporting criminal that turn Lagos treasury to family treasury.
Re: 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
garfield1:

Gombe do not have more christian population than Adamawa,Kaduna,kwara,plateau or benue.
Even though el rufai,badaru,tambuwal,lolo,bagudu were aided by buhari but still had a lot of political strength of their own
El-rufai had political strength yet he didn't run for gov in 2007 or 2011 but had to wait till 2015. Lolo was only a commissioner under talba in his first term and nothing more. How many people even knew him in Niger state?
These two you mentioned were nobody in the politics of their States before 2015. Take that straight?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Killed In A Fresh Tiv/fulani Crisis In Nasarawa / US Embassy In Nigeria Begins $119m Annex Project / Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.