Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,005 members, 7,849,060 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:02 PM

Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos (17262 Views)

Lagos Bans Okada Operations In 4 More Local Governments / Commuters Groan As Lagos Govt Enforces Ban On ‘Okada’ Operations / Abiola Ajimobi Loses Four Of Four Announced Local Governments In Oyo South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by adebayo111: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
clothingonline:
Go back to your village engage in agric or business
And if you like okada do it inside street in lagos not on high way
If u like high way go to your state
The police go as far as arresting okada on closed street
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
Christane:
the banning of okada .will definitely av little or no effect in the curtail of crime ...instead it will bring in more crime ...cus many people who depend on okada as a means of survival as being rendered unemployed due to d ban ...as more hold up will be on major road cus masses will now resort to buses and cab as the only means of survival ...lateness to work will surely increase cus most people resort to okada as a fast mean of transportation due to d okada ability to maneuver through hold up on d high way ...okada will be surely missed on d streets.
People will adapt and move on.

By the way, many of those okada riders have handiwork or side business. If they don't, it's their fault, especially if they've been doing the riding for several years. They should have seen this coming and created alternative source of income.

As for transportation and late coming, Lagos state is really trying in developing inner roads. And if alternative means of transportation is not sufficient, the people can mount pressure on LASG. They are very responsive to the people's pleas compared to other states.

That said, I think the ban of the okada has more to do with the meagre revenue remitted to the state's purse by the NURTW. they felt it's too small compared to the disadvantages of having okada on the road - insecurity, avoidable accidents, chaotic scenery, etc. An okada rider told me this.
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Whatshallido: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
Focusmind:
Isolo/ Ejigbo!! You sure say this one go work Fight go dey o. If you see the volume of okadas moving out from Ejigbo to Cele or through mushin road every day, you go fear.

For me, I like wetin LASG dey do. I know say many people would be negatively affected. One man with three kids close to my church is an okada rider in Ire Akari Isolo, feeding his family from that work.

Comrade thank you correct fight go dey ooo.
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Minjim: 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Nonsense!
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Christane: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
safesurfer:

People will adapt and move on.

By the way, many of those okada riders have handiwork or side business. If they don't, it's their fault, especially if they've been doing the riding for several years. They should have seen this coming and created alternative source of income.

As for transportation and late coming, Lagos state is really trying in developing inner roads. And if alternative means of transportation is not sufficient, the people can mount pressure on LASG. They are very responsive to the people's pleas compared to other states.

That said, I think the ban of the okada has more to do with the meagre revenue remitted to the state's purse by the NURTW. they felt it's too small compared to the disadvantages of having okada on the road - insecurity, avoidable accidents, chaotic scenery, etc. An okada rider told me this.
I really appreciate wat u said but u can't say for sure if dey av any side hustle. cus some okada riders I know take dis okada riding business as they only source of income so d ban will not only affect dem ..but also their families...

1 Like

Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Nonexisting1: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
See the hypocrite ediot preaching to me about hate and ethnicity.

Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Ashabi07: 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
If this ban of okada was to send all Aboki back to their village don’t forget we are all one Nigeria’s … The real boko Haram that surrender was it not last year they were empower by our same government people that are suppose to be sentence to jail were empower by our Government,, if the ban of okada was because of the rate of accident don’t forget the rate trailer has been killing people even motor accident … millions of Lagoscian are jobless…. The poverty rate of Lagos will increase if this ban is not suspended and remember most of this okada rider are Lagos breed most of them don’t even knw any nearby state to start from.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
If you aren't comfortable with this news,go back to your village. No be by force to live in Lagos !
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Boyewu: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2022
So in Europe commercial bike transportation dey... Please mention the country name.
megamank:
Who we be to talk? After all e nor affect them... Na only poor people children de ride or enter bike... God de na poor man prayer...

Continue, continue.... Even for Europe self bike still de and them create their lane give them.. We nor de ever copy the good thing when favour poor man enforce but na only the one when go put people papa and children for hunger .... Very fast una go implement
am..
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by easzypeaszy(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
By time dey will enter Agege
Kasala go burst

1 Like

Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
Christane:
I really appreciate wat u said but u can't say for sure if dey av any side hustle. cus some okada riders I know take dis okada riding business as they only source of income so d ban will not only affect dem ..but also their families...

Very true though. I feel for them in these trying times.
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by nathyx(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
Nigeria civilization choke.
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by 2Radii: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
opalu:
Government need to be more proactive than this. So that they dont increase the crime rate by kicking them out without a fall back plan.
And if u re to recommend a fall back plan what would it be??
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by 2Radii: 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
Grace045:
Banning without doing necessary things
necessary tins like??

Oshiomole banned same okada wen he was the governor and heaven did not fall
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by 2Radii: 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
Softmirror:
WHAT DOES THE GREEN COLOUR OF THE NIGERIAN FLAG STAND FOR?
agriculture
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Oshodi join ooooo
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Eberex(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hmm no wonder I didn't see a single okada this morning..
I almost thought today was sallah
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Firstcitizen: 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
opalu:
Government need to be more proactive than this. So that they dont increase the crime rate by kicking them out without a fall back plan.

Yes they should be proactive by providing free HGV trucks to ferry these miscreants back to base in the North cheesy
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by sooperrescue(m): 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2022
Passengers beware,
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by ComeToJesus: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2022
The guy said there are alternatives put in place. This APC government is a lie lie government. They lie effortlessly.

Not a single thing done to cushion the effects of the ban.
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Munamoqel: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
PresidObi:
A robust transportation system is required all across Nigeria. With the glowing possibility of Peter Obi creating millions of jobs across Nigeria, those youths doing okada riding will be useful in other sectors of the economy as employees in companies.
nonsense ! Where is the BRT he created for small anambra or the Blue rail line ! Most bike import firm are owned by inewi people .zombident!
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Jossibest(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
Is this the type of leadership you promise lagoshans?
Hope you have put something in place for them to do to replace the motorcycle you stop?
Or you want them to die of hunger or there landlord to throw away there property?

1 Like

Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Alajiki(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
PresidObi:
A robust transportation system is required all across Nigeria. With the glowing possibility of Peter Obi creating millions of jobs across Nigeria, those youths doing okada riding will be useful in other sectors of the economy as employees in companies.

Obi ko, Obioma ni.

Let him go and replicate what's happening in Lagos in Anambra first.
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by arsenal33: 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
SolomonGrundy:
Why?
he will bring okada back grin grin grin
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Lexicon123: 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Question: is it the LCDAs mentioned that are affected by the ban or the whole LGA? If not, what's importance of mentioning the LCDA?
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by princessAbidemi: 3:47am On Sep 02, 2022
�sad
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by nedekid: 8:01am On Sep 02, 2022
Nice one. It should be extended to more areas.
Re: Ban On Okada Operations In 4 Additional Local Governments Begins Today In Lagos by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
nedekid:
Nice one. It should be extended to more areas.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola / Enugu-onitsha Road Narrative Will Change In A Week’s Time- FG / Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.