Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola (17233 Views)

President Buhari Lands In Kaduna Airport, Uses Helicopter To Abuja (Video) / Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola / Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by dont8(m): 5:31am On Jul 19, 2015

Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola

Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said the surveillance helicopter purchased by his administration would soon be given the necessary assistance it requires by the Federal Government.

According to a statement made available to our correspondent by the media aide, to the governor, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, on Saturday, the governor said this when the Police Community Relations Committee paid him a courtesy visit.

The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in Osun State, Mr. Gboyega Famodun, had on June 22, accused the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan of frustrating the plan of the governor to put the chopper into use to assist security agencies in surveillance.

Famodun said the FG-controlled Nigerian Communications Commission refused to provide the special code for the helicopter to be linked with ground equipment provided by the state government for surveillance.

But Aregbesola said, “With the recent government at the centre, the helicopter we purchased for aerial surveillance will be in full operation with the issuance of the sort code needed for its operation.”

Aregbesola also called on the police committee to treat the issue of cultism with seriousness, noting that cultism must not be allowed to grow in the state.

He said, “I want all hands to be on the deck to make our state a no-go area for people with criminal intent. Despite our ranking as one of the least state with crime in the country, much still needs be done to get rid of the little criminals still hanging around the state.

“We are among one of the states with the purchase of high numbers of equipment, we have armoured personnel carrier that can convey 20 armed policemen with surveillance camera and other security gadgets mounted on it.
ADVERTISEMENT

“We are conscious of the fact that without security, their can’t be a state, that’s why our administration is handling security with utmost importance.”

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Abubakar Marafa, lauded Aregbesola for providing operational vehicles and other equipment for the police in the state.

The CP, who was represented by Mr. Tunde Showole, said with the numbers of vehicle and other equipment provided by the state government, the police does not have any excuse regarding operation vehicles.

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-surveillance-helicopter-to-launch-soon-aregbesola/

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by viceldo(m): 5:37am On Jul 19, 2015
good one there for osun

1 Like

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by bidexmat(m): 5:44am On Jul 19, 2015
U never pay workers finish o! How many robbers Helicopter don chase for ths country! I pray say di Helicopter no go drop one day because fuel finish!

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by SouthernBreeze(m): 5:44am On Jul 19, 2015
When your people are swimming in poverty. Like if you know this is a misplaced priority.

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by dont8(m): 5:48am On Jul 19, 2015
viceldo:
good one there for osun
Are you sure this is good news for Osun people?

You can imagine what he's going to use the bail-out fund meant for workers for all in the name of security.

I think this is a misplaced priority going by what Osun workers has been going through for a while now, it's shocking for me because I have utmost respect for Ogbeni and I don't think he should follow this route.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by shikshark: 5:50am On Jul 19, 2015
well if there is increase in crime in that state, its caused by his actions because if a hungry man gets angry he used what he have to get what he wants.
survellance my axe.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by bidexmat(m): 5:52am On Jul 19, 2015
U never pay workers finish o! How many robbers Helicopter don chase for this country! I pray say di Helicopter no go drop one day because fuel finish!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by dont8(m): 5:55am On Jul 19, 2015
SouthernBreeze:
When your people are swimming in poverty. Like if you know this is a misplaced priority.
Misplaced priority and I'm really ashamed.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2015
i prefer stomach infrastructure to this one abeg, coming from the land the tallest drum.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by kamair237(m): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2015
They want buy chopper/copta but they no want pay wokas....

Deris God ohhh!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 19, 2015
The money you will use in servicing the helicopter and cater for its logistics will be too expensive considering the broke nature of the state and dwindling economic fortune of the nation Mr Aregbe pls sell that heli and use the money for something worthwhile even though it is stomach infrastructure it is far better than a white elephant project as this. Moreover it is hunger that breeds most of the vices in the society. U hv the guts to publicly make this statement because the FG has bailed the state from debt issues, Egbon how long will the FG continue to bail you. Sometimes I wonder if our leaders are knowingly making decisions to impoverish her people or they just simply dumb.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Frankiss44(m): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2015
Ogbeni go and pay salary jare... Abi you wan owe the pilot of the helicopter 10 months salary?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by ShowYourCertificate: 7:07am On Jul 19, 2015
This man is a pure dullard. He should be impeached!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by DaBullIT(m): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2015
Well done
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
cool
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by emamos: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Wetin robber want steal from d people you don't pay their salary.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Adultnextdoor(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
B
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by omoschool: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by thefakestan: 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
Have u paid? You are a funny dude!

Rascal Man, Osun workers should follow u bumper to bumper make we no hear stories that touch.

ThefakeStan

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by asuaiclive(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Forzap: 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
ehh enn,Aregbese oni gbese don start again ooo…mehn osun ppl don enter one chanceundecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by kelsidengkucio(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
Bla bla bla too long didn't even read. Only need news on payment of poor civil servant from that state.

1 Like

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by scozy(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
seriously...... is dat wot d people of osun need right now
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
APC Governors and foolishness

ur ppl are dying of hunger and dept

ur busy embarking on a fruitless project

mumu man

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
this guy is definitely chocking on 'itunu awe' goat meat.
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by stano2(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
Look at this Visionless, Clueless and Foolish Mkpi of a Governor, what happened to the impeachment process i heard of or House of Assembly don collect 'shut up' money

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
bidexmat:
U never pay workers finish o! How many robbers Helicopter don chase for this country! I pray say di Helicopter no go drop one day because fuel finish!
gbam!
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by emamos: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
kamair237:
They want buy chopper/copta but they no want pay wokas....

Deris God ohhh!!!
already purchased.....read before you comment

2 Likes

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by rozayx5(m): 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
cheesy

this zoo wasting all the resources angry angry

note the following monikers absent
dekdek
egift
beremx
ngeneukwenu
other APC dogs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Youngzedd(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
Of what use is this to the state currently

Helicopter = Money
Maintenance = Money

When there's a lot of things to do with money.

Misplaced priority.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by Neduzze5(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
This guy should have been impeached like decades ago!!

Aregbesola is a very big foool!!! angry
Re: Osun Surveillance Helicopter To Launch Soon — Aregbesola by ileogbenfidel(m): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
My friend pay ur workers salary and forget about helicopter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alleged Impersonation: PDP Wants Lere Olayinka Arrested / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today / A Member Of PDP Presidential Campaign Council, Hamza Haruna Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.