Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies (16380 Views)

Bola Tinubu: Some Igbo are afraid of paying taxes.... / APC Primary: How Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun Will Cut Tinubu’s SW Votes / Pastor Osinbanjo(cut Him Some Slack Biko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by TemmyT002(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
BATified2023:
u re an Obidient

I no blame you.
You no get decorum and respect.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by atinga1: 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
I dey my sister. Trust you are good.

It does? That was not my intent though. I actually mean it, we should address the major issues.

But I saw the video. People made it seem he couldn't hold the flag but he held it up for over a minute. And even when others joined him to hold up the flag, it wasn't because his hands were shaking.

OH really? I never knew.
Sorry, seems you saw the video with another eye. Please, watch the video again.
The moment he was given the flag, it started falling off from his grip. Buhari who is his age mate had to step in with the other man to help.
Please, let's condemn what is bad. Aso Rock is not an old people's home, neither is it a place for drug Lords and thugs like MC oluomo.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Successfulben: 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
Come you dey ment abi you want collect? You must be insane for posting this rubbish. What are you trying to achieve and who are you trying to impress? Common getat
Obinoscopy:
Disclaimer: I don't support Tinubu's Presidential Bid.

I have noticed the numerous attacks on Tinubu. While some are valid, there are many that are just false and biased.

First is his health. They say his "hand dey shake" and that he pees his pants. They say he can't walk unless he is being held by the hand. But that's not true. I've seen numerous recent videos of him walking by himself and his hands were steady. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody is 100% healthy. So I think its wrong for anyone to brand him unhealthy. He appears healthy to me. Is he healthy enough to be able to juggle the stress of Nigerian presidency, I don't know (maybe he isn't) . But going by the Nigerian constitution, he's fit.

Second is his academic qualifications. I've heard him talk and he seems very academically sound. Even though his primary and secondary schooling appears to be an unsolved mystery, the fact remains that he is academically sound. Also his postgraduate degree seem to be verifiable. Attacking Tinubu's primary school is like attacking a Professor's primary school. So, let's all drop this primary school attacks. He is an almamater of a prestigious university and he is academically sound.

Which leads me to the attacks on the things he said in public. I think Tinubu is a deep thinker and speaks almost in parables/proverbs. So sometimes, it would seem what he is saying is unintelligible. But the reverse is the case. When he was talking about Corn and Agbado, he was simply referring to Agricultural Self Sustainability. When he talked about tongues from the Bible, he was referring to the Babylonian Tower where God made everyone speak in different tongues which is now responsible for human cultural/language diversity (Genesis 11:1 - 9).

So let's cut this man some slack on irrelevant things and attack him on issue based concerns. We should attack him on his policies, on his financial dealings, on his gubernatorial achievements/failures, etc

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Okoroawusa: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
emerged01:

Go and watch the video without a hatred in your heart. The president and the chairman of the party held the flag with him which is the custom of the any party after that he waved the flag by himself.
Who send you work? Who asked you to release these pictures?
Leave these people to wallow in their ignorance....
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Hanndye: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
All na yawa
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by LegalWolf: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
3ple9iner:
You are right. some argument people raise concerning him has made me realize that they're not bothered if he his competent or not.

Majority of them are not. Just pure hatred and nothing more.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by sonofthunder: 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
Beremx:
Obinoscopy how are you doing? Long time no post.

75 percent of your post reeks of sarcasm though.
A man who cannot hold a mere flag is not fit to rule a large entity like Nigeria. He should keep enjoying the loot of Lagos and leave Nigeria for those who are physically sound.

Btw, I wonder why Seun would change Tinubu Urchins to Tinubu supporters. For what reason?

Are you an Urchin?

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by tolue42(m): 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Elvis778:

Yet you are not his supporter? grin grin who u wan decieve?
What happened in 5he tower of Babel has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with speaking in tongues, the Baba goof big time

Ahhh, I dey shame for una , mostly Christian's among you, you don't even understand the Bible... Most Nigerians are illiterates anyway..
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Segzy19: 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
Finally, a voice of reason!

Well, children of hate will still abuse you...

Only if people can be objective in their criticism....
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by tolue42(m): 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
Disclaimer: I don't support Tinubu's Presidential Bid.

I have noticed the numerous attacks on Tinubu. While some are valid, there are many that are just false and biased.

First is his health. They say his "hand dey shake" and that he pees his pants. They say he can't walk unless he is being held by the hand. But that's not true. I've seen numerous recent videos of him walking by himself and his hands were steady. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody is 100% healthy. So I think its wrong for anyone to brand him unhealthy. He appears healthy to me. Is he healthy enough to be able to juggle the stress of Nigerian presidency, I don't know (maybe he isn't) . But going by the Nigerian constitution, he's fit.

Second is his academic qualifications. I've heard him talk and he seems very academically sound. Even though his primary and secondary schooling appears to be an unsolved mystery, the fact remains that he is academically sound. Also his postgraduate degree seem to be verifiable. Attacking Tinubu's primary school is like attacking a Professor's primary school. So, let's all drop this primary school attacks. He is an almamater of a prestigious university and he is academically sound.

Which leads me to the attacks on the things he said in public. I think Tinubu is a deep thinker and speaks almost in parables/proverbs. So sometimes, it would seem what he is saying is unintelligible. But the reverse is the case. When he was talking about Corn and Agbado, he was simply referring to Agricultural Self Sustainability. When he talked about tongues from the Bible, he was referring to the Babylonian Tower where God made everyone speak in different tongues which is now responsible for human cultural/language diversity (Genesis 11:1 - 9).

So let's cut this man some slack on irrelevant things and attack him on issue based concerns. We should attack him on his policies, on his financial dealings, on his gubernatorial achievements/failures, etc

I really appreciate your write up, about 65% of Nigerian are literate , while the remaining percent falls to the other side.. it's painful!. They brought out some words out of context and they started displaying their "mumurity" to the whole world... Too bad oooo
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Abbeytoy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
But I saw the video too, he held the flag for over a minute before Buhari and others held it together with him. People made it seem he couldn't even hold the flag, but he held it by himself for over a minute before other joined him. Perhaps they joined him to let everyone know that Tinubu won't govern alone but will have a retinue of APC party faithful that will govern with him. That it will be not just a Tinubu government but an APC government as well.

On the number of youths he would recruit into the army, perhaps it was a slip. I'm sure he will clarify when asked by the media in an interview.

It's more of like cutting cake with group of people
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by plaindealer: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
You assumed that Igbos and ObiDots are sane and intelligent when in fact they are not known for such traits.

They are generally ignorant, unintelligent and uneducated.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Hanndye: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
He ruled Lagos without fed allocations from Obasanjo, yet at election times he runs crawling to him. Maybe there is some things he knows that his suppoters don't. Remember, Lagos is the smallest state but the one with the highest IGR.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Elvis778(m): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2022
tolue42:

Ahhh, I dey shame for una , mostly Christian's among you, you don't even understand the Bible... Most Nigerians are illiterates anyway..
So Mr writer of the Bible, Educate me please and prove you are not the illiterate here by providing a Bible verse that links the confusion in Babel to the GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by amaridigital(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
Beremx:

A man who cannot hold a mere flag is not fit to rule a large entity like Nigeria. He should keep enjoying the loot of Lagos and leave Nigeria for those who are physically sound.

Btw, I wonder why Seun would change Tinubu Urchins to Tinubu supporters. For what reason?

He also changed obi Idiots to obi supporters so Nairaland will not to be accused of fueling ethnic or tribal bias.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by KazikageSama: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
Ofcourse, the person that said "recruit 50million youths into the Army" get sense. Only say the sense nha nonsense. grin
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by KazikageSama: 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Elvis778:

Yet you are not his supporter? grin grin who u wan decieve?
What happened in 5he tower of Babel has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with speaking in tongues, the Baba goof big time

Lol. He wan disguise. grin
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Steveabbeyly: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Is it that this Zombidient are dullards, they did not go to school or they are not thought figurative expression. There was a time I was playing with words, using different words to express myself and this dullard lady among them said what I said was not in the dictionary. l just laughed her to scorn. Later I lectured her on many ways one can play with words in English language.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Steveabbeyly: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
Here's an idea, how about Tinubu the presidential aspirant speak to us clearly instead of people bringing different interpretations to whatever he means?

If you are thought elementary English Language you should be able to know certain things. When people talk using figurative expression. Were you not thought English in secondary school?
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by plaindealer: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Elvis778:

So Mr writer of the Bible, Educate me please and prove you are not the illiterate here by providing a Bible verse that links the confusion in Babel to the GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES

Must they explain to you what the man said in plain English?

You people wear ignorance and lack of intellectual capacity to comprehend on your chest like a badge of honor.

How embarrassing can you people be?

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Hanndye: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
And - all the youths need in life is agbodo and cassava means leave the national wealth to the already rich. Eat agbado till you died
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
What he meant is that the reason why we all speak different language was due to what happened on the Babylonian Tower in Genesis. I'm sure you know the story.
Tinubu's interpreter. grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Steveabbeyly: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
There's a popular saying, I am responsible for what I say and not how you understand it.

Bola Tinubu spoke about speaking in tongues and not speaking in a different language which are two different things in biblical context.

1) You cannot say exactly what he's referring to except you're Bola Tinubu. Which means he needs to speak clearly.

2) The Christians that heard what he said understood exactly what he meant.

3) Tinubu is a Muslim maybe he should concentrate on the Koran and leave the Bible or whatever it contains alone, wouldn't you agree?

Don't you know that speaking in tongue means speaking in different languages. And you call yourself a Christian?
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Realist12: 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Steviealohan:
Did he and his APC goons cut GEJ some slack when he was busy calling a seating president all sort of unprinted names, you guys never see anything yet,wait till campaign commence then u will see what is called dragging, the dragging will make him to shed hot tears in public.
tho Obi can't win the election but if he wins know that you'd drag him as well coz it will be a recycling. I fear the Nigerian population is what is holding us back and not our leaders . Because we want the impossible whereas Rome wasn't built in a day .
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Onyipk: 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
What he meant is that the reason why we all speak different language was due to what happened on the Babylonian Tower in Genesis. I'm sure you know the story.

Please that was the story of the Tower of Babel. That story to any true Christian is not synonymous and can never be equated to the Speaking of Tongues .
While one is a mark of confusion, the other signifies the arrival of the Holy Spirit on earth.
Speaking in tongues is not and would never be an inheritance.

You can defend who you choose to defend but let Tinubu stop quoting what is not from the bible. Nobody likes it.

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Elvis778(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2022
plaindealer:

Must they explain to you what the man said in plain English?

You people wear ignorance and lack of intellectual capacity to comprehend on your chest like a badge of honor.

How embarrassing can you people be?
Lol, Baba, I am not here to do word play with u or exchange subtle insults with anyone, this is what you lots do when you have nothing meaningful to say, too many words zero meaning, you can't confuse me with words, I asked you a simple question, provide a Bible passage linking the confusion in Babel to THE GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES....failure to do that and you retain the title of an ignorant illiterate, if you like jump to another account to reply me, Ur business.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by 2Radii: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Beremx:

You should ask him why he would also change Flat!nos to Easterners, and Aböki to Northerners..

Ori to n ta e yen.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by pedel: 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
That’s how they raise the hand of a flag bearer.
This picture doesn’t indicate he couldn’t hold the flag by himself.
By the way, I know you already made up your mind against him no matter how much evidence you have contradicting your stand.
When you know the truth but you hold on to what you know is not true, you are damaging your brain.
It is called cognitive dissonance.
MasterJayJay:
Dude, you should do better than this. The video of him being aided to hold Nigerian flag nko?

Deep thinker by saying he will employ 50 million youths into the army?
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Steveabbeyly: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
Prinzzy5:
For the case of 'Tinubu is a deep thinker'
Question is, is he the only deep thinker' alive? Don't we have geniuses that speak to us and we understand.
In fact, understanding your crowd and speaking to their level of awareness in itself shows intelligence or the lack of it.
If you have to explain what you mean about a statement you made almost everytime? That one is a problem alone
Because the damages misinterpretation and misconceptions can cause ehn, can go beyond repair
We don't need that now.

But from and for the record(s), Tinubu's recent speeches - the ones he made without reading from a paper o - lacks bearing. Let's not deceive ourselves

So if you can't understand what Tinubu said, then how can you understand when you read Soyinka's book or Omotsey's articles?
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by tolue42(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
Elvis778:

I beg you in the name of God, first watch the video before you respond to me, don't take word out of context... This is what Tinubu said below:

"Though tongues and tribes may differ, but in brotherhood we stand"

He continued "it is a pledge that Nigeria, I am ready to serve"

"It is about service to this country"

"We inherited speaking in tongues from the Bible, but our diversity is a promise for Prosperity"

Inherit speaking in tongues, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, TIV etc from the Bible. Where did God change our tongues? Is it not at Babel in the Bible??

But the issues with you guys is, you believe he's talking about the normal speaking in tongues of holy Spirit...... Open your minds please.

The whole world speaks thesame language before, God change our tongues at Babel ( so we have divers languages.

TONGUES MEANS LANGUAGES!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Benwallt(m): 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
The bottom line is that the man doesn't even care. He goes about line lion shinning and roaring as if he has no problem. He has left wailers to wail ceaselessly. He doesn't join issue with anybody. If anybody is sweating over him he is cooling off in the best sitting room with breathtaking architectural design and great upholstery with his darling Remi the senator whispering into his ear. God forbid I can't kill myself because of any politician, never, not in this life. Whoever gets there, I shall live
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by plaindealer: 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Elvis778:

Lol, Baba, I am not here to do word play with u or exchange subtle insults with anyone, this is what you lots do when you have nothing meaningful to say, too many words zero meaning, you can't confuse me with words, I asked you a simple question, provide a Bible passage linking the confusion in Babel to THE GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES....failure to do that and you retain the title of an ignorant illiterate, if you like jump to another account to reply me, Ur business.

Sadly for you, you have zero business calling other people illiterate when in fact you are illiterate since you are still asking us to explain to you what another man said in plain English.

Some of you really need to head back to elementary school for basic education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obaseki Presented With Certificate Of Return By INEC Photos / How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed / PDP Caucus Directs Members to Support any APC Candidates of their Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.