Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me (38090 Views)

Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu / 2023: Miracle Is At The Root Of Our Faith, Peter Obi Replies Atiku / Peter Obi Replies Tinubu Over 'Derogatory' Remark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by dre11(m): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
You Send Your Wife To Represent You In Churches That Celebrate Me, Peter Obi Replies Okowa

By Seun Adeuyi

Peter Obi, Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has chided Ifeanyi Okowa, vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who accused him of whipping up sentiments through the church.

Obi, who is fast gaining popularity, especially on social media, has made several visits to churches, where he was warmly received.

In an interview with Daily Trust and select media outlets on Wednesday, Okowa had said the church should not be dragged into politics.

Reacting, the former Anambra state governor, in a statement issued on Thursday by his campaign media office, Obi-Datti, said Okowa’s accusation was baseless and an attempt to label him (Obi) as belonging to the country’s “primaeval politics, religion, tribe, and geography”.

The statement reads: “Obi was tagged a mere social media blitz, hanging in the air without structure; second, he was labelled an Igbo and IPOB irredentist, and, now Okowa, grieved by Obi’s popularity among the lay faithful now, says he is fanning religious sentiments.

“The truth is that Obi is a driver of a movement whose membership and support cut across all facets of our national life and any attempts to pigeonhole him into any sector will fail. Obi has visited churches even before he became the present run for the presidency. In July 2021, he was at St Mary’s Catholic Church, Karu, Abuja, to attend the 25th anniversary of a priest and the church erupted when he was introduced

“At various weddings in Abuja, Lagos, and, all over the country where he visited, Nigerians celebrated him for what he stood for and what he did when he held public office in Anambra State.

“One of such functions was Dr Okowa’s child’s wedding at the National Ecumenical Conference Centre, Abuja, this year. Celebration of Obi at any public gathering has been there long before he began to aspire for the presidency.

“Recently in Kaduna State, Obi attended a wedding ceremony in a Mosque and his admirers thronged around him in a bid to touch him. Moreover, the Obi-Datti Media Office is privy to the fact that in most of the top public church appearances of Obi, including a recent Dunamis Church outing in Abuja, the Delta state governor was always invited. He either stayed away or sends his wife to represent him and because Obi does not like a rep where the people want him, he strives to show presence despite his tight schedule.

“We don’t expect Governor Okowa to join in this fantasy talk of attack dogs but to use every available avenue he has to market himself and his candidate instead of dwelling in gainsaying anything that concerns Peter Obi of the Labour Party.

“Truth which is glaring and known to even Okowa is that the Labour Party candidate is leading a movement that cannot be stopped or distracted by any side talk because it was prompted by long-standing oppression of the people who are about to be liberated with Obi’s message of hope.

“Taking back the country and rebuilding it is a task that is almost certain as there is no going back. The oppressors have forced the oppressed to pull the trigger and there is going back.”

https://dailytrust.com/you-send-your-wife-to-represent-you-in-churches-where-i-get-hailed-peter-obi-replies-okowa

237 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by rayvelez(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
The attack on Peter Obi is just too much he is star boy indeed keep em comig we ready for una...

693 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by hisgrace090: 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
The heat continues.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by doggedfighter(f): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
Even Okowa is talking.

Housefly counting itself amongst choir members. undecided

A brain resetting reply here !

The urchin below me writing useless epistle should cry some more.

394 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by femisplash: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
Is Obi trying to tell us he's now become a celebrity because some Churches he was invited to were clapping for him?. I can't believe this man is reeling out the names of different churches and occasions he has attended as though it would swell up his CV as a career boost. This is evident of the fact that Obi is plagued with first degree low grade mind that has spread around his gullible followers.
Tinubu for over a decade, has attracted men of timber and caliber as well as average individuals of different class levels to his annual birthday colloquium, yet he remained humble, helping raise leaders across the country. Obi had never experienced such an highpoint in his life neither has he attracted anything close to such in his personal capacity, hence glory in frivolities of Church attendance and social functions.

247 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by divide9ja: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
No mind am, when druggie goes to mosque nobody has a problem.

248 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obi should rest, this is not his time �

11 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Obojuju: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria. It a divine providence to liberate Nigerian people finally. All these senseless and useless attacks are just a mere last fight by the bunch of of these old corrupt politician who are now scared Peter Obi is taking over to sanitize Nigeria come 2023. PDP, APC and Tinubu were preparing to confront Atiku, they never saw Obi coming, they never prepared for Peter Obi, like the Peter Cornerstone Prophecy, the Peter Obi tsunami is sweeping across the whole black world for which Nigeria is very symbolic with. Peter Obi is a moving force, oppose it and it crushes you. Everything Tinubu supporters in particular are preparing are knee jerk reaction. They never saw Peter Obi coming, they are just making up impromptu attacks. How can you present a man who forfeited drug money to the tune of over $480,000 as far back as the 1990s to your white colleague at work in UK as the man to lead your country, a man whose ancestry is as opaque as death itself? Just because the man has enslaved Lagos and hypnotized his supporters, some people still have not been able to understand APC has wrecked the soul of Nigeria and needs to be chased out power in 2023.

287 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by femisplash: 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
divide9ja:
No mind am, when druggie goes to mosque nobody has a problem.

As clearly as you can see, Tinubu went for prayers, no imam called him over to the mic to address the Muslim audience neither was he handed a Nigerian flag to lift up while kneeling down on a podium.
I have been searching for just one sensible zombidient but haven't found one.

240 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by MasterJayJay: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
Don't mind the hypocritical Okowa.

They are scared of Peter Obi's movement.

@Op, your headline is misleading. It was the campaign media that replied, not Peter Obi. Peter Obi doesn't have time to join issues with Okowa in such religious blackmail.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
cheesy

PO causing sleepless nights for Political Bandits & their urchins.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by slawomir: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by noble71(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
shocked
The way they are attacking Peter Obi from all angles you will think Peter is the president of Nigeria who failed on his campaign promises. They don't know that the time for a new Nigeria is now, Peter Obi is the face.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by dyera(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
Okowa is your typical evil politician, he has chosen to betray the south and christians in Nigeria for his political ambition.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by NairaLux(f): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
Gbasgbos everywhere grin

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by affable4(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
This campaign of assassination of character is getting out of hand.

No ideology, no blueprint, just ethnicity, religion, population claims and moneybags.

No visible plans. In fact, support who you may, Nigeria is gone.

They are still coming in to settle thier cohorts with the national cake.

I have never seen any country with such clueless leaders with an 'A' in nepotism.

20 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Muhylonaire007: 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
True that....
Why are you replying a ma.d man?
Leave them jare, did your presence in those churches block the way for them?

Rise on jare my incoming president.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Dcaliphate(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
cool
Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Anyiamaka: 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Okowa should use this energy to face and fight Wike

Atiku that cannot unite PDP wants to unite Nigeria

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by donprinyo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
We like the heat. It gives us hope. Keep on fanning it

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Mindlog: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obi is their problem! cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by mycar: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2022
Does Obi campaign in the churches? The answer is no, so, why is it a problem that he visits churches, if he stays at home and do not attend to functions, the same people will talk, this talk of him upholding his faith no follow and should be stopped immediately.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2022
o ti fu wun uppercut bizza bizza!

Oko-iyawo don collect one!

Obi 1-0 Okowa
cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by duro4chang(m): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2022
Both of them are christians anyway.
Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by adioolayi(m): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Make we no lie ..

Okowa is envious of Peter Obi's massive support...

and, he is already very jittery of losing SE and SS to LP...hence all these noise.

grin cheesy grin cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by PandoraObi: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Peter Obidient is a miserable desperate slowpoke, Zombidients come here and defend your lord and saviour

196 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by sofiscatedmoron: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
angry
Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by bigdammyj: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Noted.
Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Niwdog(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
What kind of headline is these
The op head and that of the moderator needs to change
Not everyone goes through the body of a news now, most people commenting are doing so after reading the headline

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by gasparpisciotta: 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
When Obi came to RCCG camp, I was amongst people that clapped for him but alas we were catching cruise.

None of the people in our circle see him as the next President.

I only hope Peter Obi will not suffer from heart attack after the election

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by Patriottt: 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hot Hot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akpabio Withdraws Court Case Challenging Election Defeat / Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice / Police Authorities Order Female Officers Married To Civilians To Vacate Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.