Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar (29007 Views)

BON Hotel Manager, Tunde Solomon, Dies Of Heart Over Ibadan Explosion / Man Faints After Donating Blood For Free, Pays N7k To Get It Back - Twitter User / Man Faints At Car Park After Taking Tramadol For The 1st Time In Onitsha (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2022
Kasssandra:
The man was not hungry.

He was probably suffering from a cancer of some sort that affected his liver.

Key part of the article...

So, he was

1.Having yellow eyes...jaundice

2.Having pale eyes ....anemia

3.Weak and frail....malaise, fatigued, weak...from the jaundice or anemia

4.Refused money:...loss of appetite.

Conclusion: the gent probably had severe cancer of some sort...probably liver cancer, or liver failure. An autopsy would show the actual cause...but he did not die primarily because hunger.

Again, it is possible he went to hospital, was probably told that there was nothing they could do...assuming it was a liver cancer with metastasis....(I even know someone who on being diagnosed with cancer with metastasis promptly refused treatment, and died not long after.)...and was dumped by his family member or friends.

That is why we need to increase our tax to gdp ratio to 40-50% from the 8.1% so that we can pay for a good social welfare system...plus we need the religious and private NGO;s to invest in hospice and welfare care.

What about corruption. Do u know that with the way this country is constituted, even if Nigeria earns the world's entire revenue, nothing will change! It will still remain world puvaty capital with highest maternal and infant mortality rate.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Appdriod: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2022
backtalkG:
fool

I choose life.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Sleekfingers: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/05/man-faints-dies-of-hunger-in-calabar/

I know most people wont bother reading the post, before commenting, as if reading dey kill
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by M23M(f): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:
Hunger Has Finally Lead Person To Death

God Almighty Will Not Allow Hunger To Lead You To Death, In Jesus Name, Pray

Proudly Brought To You By

This is not the first hunger has killed. It has killed so many.

1 Like

Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

What about corruption. Do u know that with the way this country is constituted, even if Nigeria earns the world's entire revenue, nothing will change! It will still remain world puvaty capital with highest maternal and infant mortality rate.

Goes without saying.

But even with the corruption, Nigeria is not earning enough money to put us through a week. If we ended corruption today....the issue of our not earning enough will remain.

Also, I don't like mentioning corruption. People tend to use the issue to bash their favorite scapegoat politician, while ignoring the crimes of their favorite.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by caye(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
Kasssandra:

That is why we need to increase our tax to gdp ratio to 40-50% from the 8.1% so that we can pay for a good social welfare system.

So, can you prove that the increased taxation wọnt be stolen by "Politicians of Integrity"?

Case study: Mohammadu Buhari regime, his Fulani cronies and the NHIS.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
caye:

So, can you prove that the increased taxation wọnt be stolen by "Politicians of Integrity"?

Case study: Mohammadu Buhari regime, his Fulani cronies and the NHIS.

And GEJ, Obasanjo, Atiku, millitary rulers, your governors, etc etc.....

But even then, we pay more tax, we take more of an interest in what our leaders do.After all, they are using our money now.

Nigerians, because we think everything is free, we don't pay attention. Or we turn a blind eye when we get chop money....or we pay attention to Abuja and forget about our state and LG people.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by saintneo(m): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2022
Kasssandra:

[s] That is why we need to increase our tax to gdp ratio to 40-50% from the 8.1% so that we can pay for a good social welfare system...plus we need the religious and private NGO;s to invest in hospice and welfare care. [/s]

I detest the last part of your write up. First, our tax is on PAYE basis, some people are taxed at the highest band of 24%. Second, some of our already paid tax end up in personal pockets. Third, most of the services we are meant to enjoy from our paid taxes are never delivered - police, military and other paramilitary tend to deliver punishments instead of protection. Increasing tax is not yet the solution we should deploy, instead an effective and judicious use of tax payers money is the solution we need today.

1 Like

Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
saintneo:

[s] That is why we need to increase our tax to gdp ratio to 40-50% from the 8.1% so that we can pay for a good social welfare system...plus we need the religious and private NGO;s to invest in hospice and welfare care. [/s]

I detest the last part of your write up. First, our tax is on PAYE basis, some people are taxed at the highest band of 24%. Second, some of our already paid tax end up in personal pockets. Third, most of the services we are meant to enjoy from our paid taxes are never delivered - police, military and other paramilitary tend to deliver punishments instead of protection. Increasing tax is not yet the solution we should deploy, instead an effective and judicious use of tax payers money is the solution we need today.
Increasing taxation is not the solution

Rather intentional massive productivity and industrialization is the answer.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by caye(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
saintneo:

ka ị ga-agọzi
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by olamike02: 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2022
When I saw the picture I thought that was the dead man. RIP man. Your people failed you.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by tyinfinity: 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
When peter obi turn the economy to economy of importing drugs and groceries then the economy collapse.the spirit of average Nigerians will judge obi peter
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2022
saintneo:

That's for the 30 percent who pay. For the 70% who don't pay a thing on the other hand. (For sauce for the figures see here)

You can detest all you want, but it is true that we have a low tax to gdp ratio, and a situation where 30% of the economically active populaiton pay taxes...and earnings from oil that cannot sustain a population of 50 million, talk less of 200 million. Before we even mention the corruption and the leeches.

I am not talking about you by the way...so no need to take offence. You pay yer tax, so do I. But most of us don't.

And don't use the poverty argument on me please...because at the end, it shows you are accepting bad service. If people cannot pay tax because they are poor, good. I kind of accept that...but then, it means in a way that you should also accept that governments past and present are doing their best with limited money.

It took me some time to accept all I have said here, and if I was honest, I wish the facts that I have outlined were not true. But they are, and it is sad.

And back to the government....we have bad government because they think that revenue from oil can make us look like Dubai. It cannot. Let's be honest.

P.S : Sorry if you are angry. But I am tired of hearing people grumble about how bad Nigeria is, then when offered solutions, start crying poverty. Like now, we don't have a power and petroleum sector because POVERTY means we have to sell them cheap...meaning no profit to maintain things.

PS. 2 A lot of you guys praise Ghana and SA. Well, they have tax to gdp ratios higher than ours. And have a high price for power and petrol. Thus things run well. And the corruption there is just like Nigerian own.
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
That's critical
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Wwwq: 12:47am On Sep 06, 2022
Elshaddai
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Shedrill(m): 5:21am On Sep 06, 2022
Kasssandra:
The man was not hungry.

So, he was

Conclusion: the gent probably had severe cancer of some sort...probably liver cancer, or liver failure. An autopsy would show the actual cause...but he did not die primarily because hunger.

Again, it is possible he went to hospital, was probably told that there was nothing they could do...assuming it was a liver cancer with metastasis....(I even know someone who on being diagnosed with cancer with metastasis promptly refused treatment, and died not long after.)...and was dumped by his family member or friends.

That is why we need to increase our tax to gdp ratio to 40-50% from the 8.1% so that we can pay for a good social welfare system...plus we need the religious and private NGO;s to invest in hospice and welfare care.

Analyst abeg tell us when arsenal go carry tropy
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 06, 2022
Shedrill:

Analyst abeg tell us when arsenal go carry tropy

Maybe in our lifetimes
Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by iampeterben(m): 5:33am On Sep 06, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/05/man-faints-dies-of-hunger-in-calabar/
If you ask me I will say the news didn't add up at all! That man didn't die the day he was dropped, some people observed this man from day one and never did anything. Those people should know his death is on their hands. May God grant him eternal rest.

1 Like

Re: Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar by loliapoopy2013(f): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2022
Kasssandra:
The man was not hungry.

So, he was

Chronic liver problem would have led to edema on his feet and protruding stomach.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Waist Pains Early In The Morning After Getting Up From Bed. / Health Benefits Of Palm Wine / Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.