Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN (13745 Views)

DCLM Says Pastor Kumuyi's Comment On Muslim Muslim Ticket Is Not Political / Tinubu Condemns Rumour On Muslim-Muslim Ticket / I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by vicdom(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2022
…warns against politicising Kukah’s birthday

The Christian Association of Nigeria has described as untrue, claims that it had changed its position regarding the Muslim-Muslim ticket of the All Progressives Congress after allegedly meeting its presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The organisation also warned against polithcising the presence of Tinubu at the 70th birthday celebration of the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Rev. Matthew Kukah, in Abuja.

The President of CAN, Daniel Okoh, made this known in a statement by his Special Assistant (Media and Strategic Communication), Luminous Jannamike, titled, “Muslim-Muslim Ticket: CAN maintains its position.”

According to him, the event was public and the friends of the celebrant and other good-spirited Nigerians donated to the building of the Kukah Centre, which was designed to be a veritable platform to propagate and promote the ideals of democracy and responsible leadership through research and intellectualism.

The statement read, “The attention of the leadership of CAN has been drawn to a media report titled, ‘How Tinubu met, resolved Muslim-Muslim ticket with CAN’, which claimed that the apex Christian body had changed its position regarding the same-faith ticket.

“To say the least, the story is ridiculous, malicious, untrue and should be disregarded in its entirety by all reasonable members of the society. For the records, CAN took a position against the same-faith ticket imbroglio under the leadership of Rev. Samson Ayokunle, its immediate past National President, and as a matter of fact, His Eminence, Archbishop Daniel Okoh, stands on that same position.

“CAN may not agree with every decision taken by politicians and political parties, but it respects their right to reach conclusions on issues that affect their electoral fortunes so long as they accord with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) and the Electoral Act (2022).

“For the umpteenth time, CAN reiterates that it is non-partisan, but remains willing to partner with all leaders and other relevant stakeholders towards achieving unity, peace and progress in our nation.

“Consequently, the umbrella Christian organisation cannot be antagonistic to any well-meaning political party or group as the nation warms up for a fresh round of elections in 2023 as claimed in the said report.

“In the same vein, it strongly condemns the attempt to make a mountain out of molehill with Tinubu’s presence at the 70th birthday celebration of Rev. Kukah in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

“The event was public and the friends of the celebrant and other good-spirited Nigerians donated to the building of The Kukah Centre, which is designed to be a veritable platform to propagate and promote the ideals of democracy and responsible leadership through research and intellectualism.

“The donations, which went directly to The Kukah Centre, have nothing to do with CAN. It is therefore mischievous to insinuate it was a sort of bribe money for Christian leaders to make a U-turn on its stance against same-faith ticket.

“As a faith-based organisation, CAN maintains that its conscience cannot be bought and its prophetic voice cannot be silenced with money.

“Finally, we call on political parties and their candidates to put the nation first in their considerations and prepare to serve the people with earnest and humility.”

https://punchng.com/our-position-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-stands-says-can/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1662400408

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by ZombieTAMER: 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
Terrorists are desperate

they can do anything

316 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Yoruba1stson: 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
Yhen yhen yhen, cry all you want, Tinubu is the next president

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by bewla(m): 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
Let go

How did we get here in the first place

Please permit me to say we let our self to be use in so much that , they no our weakness and explort it to them advantage

The politician no how to use us against each other so that it will be easier to deal with us as they like

Once I was in a face me I punch you
The landlord will do any thing not for us to have meetings for if we do what decision we come up with will be beyond his agenda

So he will do many things to break our rank
Napoleon and so many world be great leaders master this
To defeat any union you have to first break them rank

Am not of the opinion that religion is not important but they have use this tool long and now they are using new strategy ethnicity to further there work

Will be here fighting each other while they be there drinking with each other

Have seen it many a time

Who is holy
Muslim in the morning baba lawo by night

Christen in day idoil worshippers at dawn

Who will believe Pogba will go to a witch doctor with all is posting of him in white cloth in mecca

Don't point finger ask your self do you really believe in what you are fighting for

Or you just want to use that because you fear for noting

Trow bumb in the market ask it to kill only Christian

I refuse to be full

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by lhordspy: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
After speaking to one random igbo man i met today. Am very impressed, i think we still have few igbos who are very intelligent and mannered. He spoke very well and convincing, i almost wanted kissing his hand. It's so rare finding a sane and upright thinking igbo these days. Just when i have concluded the sane ones have all gone in extinction or oblivion.

Next time i meet him, i will take his picture and send it to the museum. Because i dont think the igbos who are sane and well cultured are upto 9 in this world presently.

I have always have a very negative view of Gen. ojukwu. But i was convinced that day, i now see that story from a different angle. Story for another day tho.

But my thinking now is, Yes i agree now that it should be turn of the south-East. But why cant the igbo have present a man like GEN. OJUKWU instead of this fraudulent, lieing, scammer, thief, pandora, looter in the person of PETER OBI. A man who tell lies with unimaginable and unrealistic facts so easily, that you begin to wonder why is he not in prison presently.

By 2031, after 8years when Tinubu will be leaving the presidency. Please i beg my igbo brothers, please present a trustworthy person, a known tribe unifier and religious unifier Candidate. We all will show our support. Not this chronic Liar, Peter obi.

My two cents tho. Thank you.

162 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by bewla(m): 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
ZombieTAMER:
Terrorists are desperate

they can do anything
ok. I remember throw bomb in the market and asking it to kill christen only

What a joke told to religious bigots do you no Nigerian is not only for

Muslim and Christen only we have idols warshipers to
Who keep them interest

Stop this nonsense and ask what every mofo have for us as citizens

I stand with Tinubu from my region have seen is work and I believe in his legacy

8 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by kingsways: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2022
This matter is not resolvable

Only removable of Shettima from the ticket can solve it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by mrvitalis(m): 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
See this 30k paid agent ..when your employers know there is trouble on ground

Reason they keep spreading lies

We told your types " you know nothing " even your oga know u know nothing reason they pay you 30k

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Obojuju: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
Let the truth be told about this country Nigeria, religious balancing is one of the first factors in determining competence for a Nigerian presidential aspirant. That’s is what it is in Nigeria at this time. He who fails in this is totally incompetent to be a Nigerian president in 2023.
God forbid that Tinubu and Shettima triumph at the 2023 presidential election and proceed to complete two terms. Power will thereafter be liable to rotate to Northern Nigeria, which will probably produce a Muslim. At the end of two terms of that person, following the two terms of Tinubu-Shettima and counting back to the two terms of Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s presidency would have been occupied by a Muslim for pretty much a quarter of a century or for 27 out of 32 years going back to the administration of Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. Children born at the beginning of this period may end up with the impression that Nigeria is indeed an Emirate in which only Muslims are entitled to aspire to the highest office.

Unfortunately, Christians don’t get the message being passed by this action. If it succeeds, in the next 8 years, political parties will only field Muslim candidates. They will tell you that if they present a Christian candidate, that they won’t win. That the North will not vote him, and they need northern votes to win. They will automatically sideline Christians in the politics of Nigeria. Then gradually, our laws begin to change towards a Muslim nation. The Hijab ruling is a clear example. Christians better stand your ground in this election or be eliminated. Once they vex, they attack churches and kill worshipers and its normal. They stone Christians in the name of blasphemy and its normal.

They negotiate with terrorists to release only Muslim girls and keep the Christian. Don’t use because of ethnicity and destroy your faith ethnicity is only in the world, you believe is beyond this world. Those attacked in Owo church, were not attacked because they are Yoruba, they were attacked because they are Christians. Those attacked in southern Kaduna are not attacked because they are Hausa’s, but because they are Christians.

Get your PVC and vote wisely in the 2023 presidential election. A word is enough for the wise!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Honjoshy4u: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
Humanity and God has forbidden the Devilish Muslim-muslim ticket.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tinubu lies bursted again

Why is Tinubu so desperate and shameless?

He's never tired of telling lies even at old age of 86 yrs old

181 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Penguin2: 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tinubu BATstards in the mud for the one millionth time.

Fools were rejoicing that CAN accepted Muslim Muslim ticket.

But the truth is that CAN only speaks for Christians but has no direct control on what Christians will choose to do.

So even if Tinubu likes, let him settle CAN leadership with 4 bullion vans, it won’t affect the direction that Christians will take as regards 2023 elections.

Tinubu said Christians are not important; we will meet him at the polls.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by AntonVince: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
Did anyone even take the drivel released by the Agbado cum cassava-munching center seriously in the first place?
You could see how they criminally attributed their fabricated story to just “Leadership” without mentioning CAN.

Discerning Nigerians knew there’d be a rebuttal.
grin
The desperate octogenarian thief will be served a just dissert next year.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Obojuju: 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2022
Yoruba1stson:

This 86 years old man and criminal called Tinubu will never smell Aso rock as President of Nigeria. Know this today and know peace!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Racoon(m): 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
And as usual the Tinubu miscreants were hallucinating
The must have had the meeting with their agbadorian and cassava munching own brand of CAN.

7 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by AdamuKD: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2022
grin
Lies everywhere. Why is this old cargo so desperate? Haba mana
Useless urchins and their old druggie on the floor. Tueh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by NothingDoMe: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
lhordspy:

By 2031, after 8years when Tinubu will be leaving the presidency. Please i beg my igbo brothers, please present a trustworthy person, a known tribe unifier and religious unifier Candidate. We all will show our support. Not this chronic Liar, Peter obi.

I like how you ask for support codedly. You should have also brought Osinbajo instead of my great grandfather mate to come and contest election. cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by AdamuKD: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
lhordspy:
After speaking to one random igbo man i met today. Am very impressed, i think we still have few igbos who are very intelligent and mannered. He spoke very well and convincing, i almost wanted kissing his hand. It's so rare finding a sane and upright thinking igbo these days. Just when i have concluded the sane ones have all gone in extinction or oblivion.

Next time i meet him, i will take his picture and send it to the museum. Because i dont think the igbos who are sane and well cultured are upto 9 in this world presently.

I have always have a very negative view of Gen. ojukwu. But i was convinced that day, i now see that story from a different angle. Story for another day tho.

But my thinking now is, Yes i agree now that it should be turn of the south-East. But why cant the igbo have present a man like GEN. OJUKWU instead of this fraudulent, lieing, scammer, thief, pandora, looter in the person of PETER OBI. A man who tell lies with unimaginable and unrealistic facts so easily, that you begin to wonder why is he not in prison presently.

grin
Delusional zombie. Tilinbu can never become Nigeria president. We the northerners will teach every region next year that we are the decider of Nigeria politicking. When we endorse you, automatically u are the winner. Because of equity and fairness. An Igbo man is supposed to mount that sit next year. Shegu, sai mun ji masu

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by seunmsg(m): 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
“CAN may not agree with every decision taken by politicians and political parties, but it respects their right to reach conclusions on issues that affect their electoral fortunes so long as they accord with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) and the Electoral Act (2022).

“For the umpteenth time, CAN reiterates that it is non-partisan, but remains willing to partner with all leaders and other relevant stakeholders towards achieving unity, peace and progress in our nation.

“Consequently, the umbrella Christian organisation cannot be antagonistic to any well-meaning political party or group as the nation warms up for a fresh round of elections in 2023 as claimed in the said report.

The change in tone is not lost on me. This is a lot different from the usual combative tone of CAN under Ayokunle. This statement goes to show that indeed, a meeting took place between CAN leadership and the Tinubu campaign. It’s just a matter of time, we shall get there soon.

150 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Kagd10: 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
The Senate President will be a Christian hence I don't understand all the noise. Meanwhile, you're the one politicising Religion.
Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by paramakina202: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
Yoruba1stson:

Tinubu presidential ambitions is d.o.a

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Antyislam: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
We Yoruba Christian's will never vote Tinubu , we are not fools, even muric told Yoruba Muslims Not to vote Yoruba Christian's

8 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by vinceyinnovation: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
APC has their own CAN and BISHOPS
We have Original CAN and FAKE CAN
We have Religious CAN and POLITICAL CAN

Choose your CAN

5 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Maxymilliano(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
Stress not thy self CAN, Tinubu is going nowhere

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by iwaeda: 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2022
vicdom:
…warns against politicising Kukah’s birthday

https://punchng.com/our-position-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-stands-says-can/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1662400408

I know Tinubu group was lying grin grin grin grin

Enyin ti eti luleee tipetipe grin grin

1 Like

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by MikeofAfrica: 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2022
lhordspy:

The problem with people like you is that tribal bigotry has taken away your sense of reasoning. CAN just made a public statement that followers of Tinubu are telling liars regarding her position on Muslim- Muslim ticket.
You saw nothing wrong in that but accuses Peter Obi of telling lies. Both Tinubu and Obi have made unverified statements in the past weeks. This is understandable due to the stress they are passing through.
You saw nothing wrong in Tinubu claiming that Nigeria language diversity is a fallout of speaking in tongues in the Bible. If Obi had made such statement , you would have accuse him of lieing with the holy Book.
You want Tinubu to become the next president becos he is from your tribe. However, I am sure that if you have a company, you will never employ an old man with frigile health like Tinubu to manage it.
This shows that people like you are the reason why Nigeria is a disgrace in the community of nations.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by NothingDoMe: 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2022
seunmsg:

The change in tone is not lost on me. This is a lot different from the usual combative tone of CAN under Ayokunle. This statement goes to show that indeed, a meeting took place between CAN leadership and the Tinubu campaign. It’s just a matter of time, we shall get there soon.
As a faith-based organisation, CAN maintains that its conscience cannot be bought and its prophetic voice cannot be silenced with money.

Nope. We still say a big resounding No to Muslim Muslim ticket.

15 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by ZombieTAMER: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2022
bewla:
ok. I remember throw bomb in the market and asking it to kill christen only
What a joke told to religious bigots do you no Nigerian is not only for
Muslim and Christen only we have idols warshipers to
Who keep them interest
Stop this nonsense and ask what every mofo have for us as citizens
I stand with Tinubu from my region have seen is work and I believe in his legacy

You stand for Tinubu because you believe after a motherner like Buhari, it only makes sense for leadership to come South wards..

But you won't say the same about Christianity.. when you support a Muslim to hand over to another Muslim...

Not only a Muslim.. but with a Muslim vice to match..

Get out.!!!

9 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by ZombieTAMER: 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2022
Antyislam:
We Yoruba Christian's will never vote Tinubu , we are not fools, even muric told Yoruba Muslims Not to vote Yoruba Christian's

They usually take Yoruba Christians as fools

9 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by slivertongue: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
APC has done hers, we will do ours. No need hitting up the polity.
Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by Sincinnati: 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tinibu and his demons is the perfect example of father and children of all lies.

Very senseless set of miscreants, they tell lies and hate people for a living.

TinIdiots are brainless for even having the thoughts of Amoda Ogunlere, a convicted drug kingpin, money launderer, Lagos treasury looter, schizophrenia patient being the president of Nigeria.

What a ludicrous set of animals.

3 Likes

Re: Our Position On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Stands - CAN by bewla(m): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
ZombieTAMER:

You stand for Tinubu because you believe after a motherner like Buhari, it only makes sense for leadership to come South wards..

But you won't say the same about Christianity.. when you support a Muslim to hand over to another Muslim...

Not only a Muslim.. but with a Muslim vice to match..

Get out.!!!
You think Nigeria is made up of only Muslim and Christen

Sango dey here
Olumba they here.

Ifa , guru maharaji

Idoil worshippers them they

Antist

And different religions they

No let am put you against me

We are talking about our nation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Denies Involvement In Kano Mosque Bombing Plot / Babachir Lawal's Clearance Will Send The Wrong Message To Trump - The Cable / COVID-19: Bala Mohammed Recovers, Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.