Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai (38470 Views)

Islamization Agenda: APC Deceived CAN With Muslim/muslim Ticket - El-rufai / Buhari Arrives Kaduna On A 2-Day Working Visit (Pictures) / Nigerians Reacts As Oby Arrives Kaduna On Train To Begin Campaign (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Samunique(m): 2:10am On Jun 11, 2022
I watched with bemusement while El Rufai was promoting Muslim Muslim ticket tactically on channels tv on the basis of capability rather than religion.

While this may sound intelligently but rather manipulative, considering the nature of the personality that is talking. We all know El Rufai is a serpent!!!

My question is, what has Muslim Muslim ticket achieved so far in Kaduna, security wise, socially, economically etc ?

If El Rufai talks about capability, he should be able to tell us what his Muslim Muslim ticket capability has benefited the Kaduna people so far, most especially security wise, so that we can take him serious .

We are talking about national politics not state, would El Rufai have said same thing, if it's Christian Christian ticket that's being projected?

Would he be talking about capability over religousity ?

Nairalanders over to you!

El-Rufai on Muslim-Muslim ticket: Fixation of Nigerians on religion is pathetic

Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna, says the “fixation” of Nigerians on the religion of political office holders is “pathetic and sad”.

El-Rufai spoke on Friday in an interview with Channels Television.

With the election of presidential candidates of political parties, there have been concerns about the religion of the candidates and their intended running mates.

Since the two major political parties — All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) — have Muslim presidential candidates, many people, including the Christian Association of Nigeria have asked that their running mates should be Christians.

Asked to react to the speculation of a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket in the APC, the Kaduna governor said the business of governance has nothing to do with religion.

He added that religion will not solve the problems of Nigeria, adding it is the competency of the elected leaders that will solve the problems.

“I don’t look at people from the lens of Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christian, some of my closest friends are Christians,” he said.

“It was Pastor Tunde Bakare, a pentecostal pastor, who took me to CPC, not President Muhammadu Buhari. I’m very close to Pastor Bakare. I’m very close to many Christians.

“I don’t think the business of governance has to do with religion. I think we should look for the best person for the job. The person who will get the job done.

“I’m the wrong person to ask that question because in my state I picked a very competent and qualified woman as my running mate in the 2019 elections.

“But just because she happens to be a Muslim, people were calling it Muslim-Muslim ticket and they said we are going to lose. We didn’t. We won overwhelmingly.

“This fixation of Nigerians with religion instead of competence, capacity and capability is quite sad and pathetic and I urge you as the media to take religion out of governance and let’s look for capacity, competence and delivery.

“I don’t think we should be looking at religion. We want to develop this country. When I get into a plane I don’t ask about the religion of the pilot. When I go to the hospital, I don’t ask about the religion of the doctor. I just want to get well and get to my destination even on an aircraft.

“Nigeria is at crossroads. We face very serious dangers in security, economic meltdown, and global issues affecting us. All that people are concerned with as far as who will be president and vice-president, is religion.

“It is not our religion that will solve our problems. It is people who are competent, capable that will address Nigeria’s problems, unite the country and put it on a progressive path.”

https://www.thecable.ng/el-rufai-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-fixation-of-nigerians-on-religion-is-pathetic/amp

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:20am On Jun 11, 2022
El Rufai is a well known Islamic fanatic and a proud jihadist.

643 Likes 48 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by ghettokid1(m): 2:22am On Jun 11, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

298 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Samunique(m): 2:27am On Jun 11, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I now understand that, coming up for the first time in Kaduna with Muslim Muslim ticket was a ploy to test the waters for their agenda for 2023 election.

These people are master planners !

Look at the rate at which the Christians are being massacred under the watchful eye of El Rufai Mr capacity.

Now I strongly believe that there's an Islamic agenda going on in Nigeria !!

580 Likes 57 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:51am On Jun 11, 2022
Samunique:
I now understand that, coming up for the first time in Kaduna with Muslim Muslim ticket was a ploy to test the waters for their agenda for 2023 election.

These are people master planners !

Look at the rate at which the Christians are being massacred under the watchful eye of El Rufai Mr capacity.

Now I strongly believe that there's an Islamic agenda going on in Nigeria !!

Remember Turkiye! So that it will be impossible to get a job if a person does not bear a Muslim name. This time around if they succeed there will be no Christian in govtment, decision and policy making.

308 Likes 35 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by APCnaPDP: 4:08am On Jun 11, 2022
There could be a Muslim muslim ticket, all you guys need to do is to vote a Muslim/christian ticket in Atiku.

APC have no respect for Nigeria’s diversity to even think of Muslim/Muslim ticket, it is an insult to other people. Say no to APC

242 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by APCnaPDP: 4:14am On Jun 11, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Remember Turkiye! So that it will be impossible to get a job if a person does not bear a Muslim name. This time around if they succeed there will be no Christian in govtment, decision and policy making.

You are very correct, the best way to stop it is to vote Atiku who will pick one of your own from the south as his VP. Don’t be deceived, APC are shady.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Kingspin(m): 4:15am On Jun 11, 2022
APC has failed their sense.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Kdon2: 4:20am On Jun 11, 2022
Samunique:
I watched with bemusement while El Rufai was promoting Muslim Muslim ticket tactically on channels tv on the basis of capability rather than religion.

While this may sound intelligently but rather manipulative, considering the nature of the personality that is talking. We all know El Rufai is a serpent!!!

My question is, what has Muslim Muslim ticket achieved so far in Kaduna, security wise, socially, economically etc ?

If El Rufai talks about capability, he should be able to tell us what his Muslim Muslim ticket capability has benefited the Kaduna people so far, most especially security wise, so that we can take him serious .

We are talking about national politics not state, would El Rufai has said same thing, if it's Christian Christian ticket that's being projected?

Nairalanders over to you !

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

Would the bastard say this if it were the other way round. I come in peace!

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by saucespecies: 4:36am On Jun 11, 2022
When it favors them, they talk of capability. And when it does not, they start beating the religious drums.

Naija politicians are the same.

219 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Mindlog: 5:11am On Jun 11, 2022
Advocating for what he cannot accept, if the table is turned.

175 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Jostoman: 5:30am On Jun 11, 2022
We are watching

5 Likes

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by IkeIgboNile(m): 5:57am On Jun 11, 2022
Muslim Muslim presidency will be the death of religious tolerance in Nigeria. Christians will be foolish to let them rule this country.

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by joyandfaith: 6:40am On Jun 11, 2022
Samunique:

We are talking about national politics not state, would El Rufai has said same thing, if it's Christian Christian ticket that's being projected?

Nairalanders over to you !

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

We shouldn’t even consider tribe. Fashola can be Tinubu running mate. We should forget religion and tribe. Rubbish!!!!!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Bobloco: 7:00am On Jun 11, 2022
Ask the same El Rufai whether he will support a capable and competent Christian/Christian ticket for the Kaduna State governorship election and watch how he will turn around and play the religion card

We know them

205 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Onyeigbo10000: 7:01am On Jun 11, 2022
PETER OBI IS NOT AN IGBO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

It is infinitely wrong to look at PETER OBI as an IGBO presidential candidate. I will tell u why.

When u drive ur car to a mechanic workshop, u do not worry about d tribe of the mechanic especially so, if u are assured of his competence. When u go to a hospital for an important surgery, u do not worry that the team of medical experts are not drawn from ur tribe, u want to live and whoever will give ur health the needed boost is welcome.

Hunger has no tribe. And, hunger has no religion.

Poverty has no tribe. And, poverty has no religion.

Acute sickness has no tribe. And, acute sickness has no religion.

Today, Nigerians are hungry, poor and sick. The majority of Nigerians are below d poverty line. Many have no access to good medicare. These issues cut across all tribes and cultures.

How do we solve the problem? How do we arrest the steady descent into hunger, poverty and sickness? Do we vote for the person who will likely win or do we vote to change the narrative? If u vote for the person who will likely win, but whom u know will not deliver, that makes u PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE because u are joining hands with our oppressors.

We must vote to change the narrative.

Just as u don't ask if the mechanic is from ur village or if the doctor is of ur tribe, we would not look at PETER OBI as an Igbo; we look at him as the mechanic who will put our economy in perfect shape, we look at him as the doctor who will rescue our economy from imminent and fatal collapse.

If u are not happy that no serious effort is being made to make our educational system functional and effective in the new era, then vote PETER OBI.
If u are not happy that we are borrowing to service debts and to fuel consumption then vote PETER OBI.
If u are not happy that most youths are unemployed and unemployable then vote for PETER OBI.
If u are not happy about the epileptic nature of electricity then vote for PETER OBI.

The question u must answer is: would u allow ur beautiful car to remain unusable because d mechanic is Igbo? Or, would u rather die than allow an Igbo expert to take care of our health?
Do u hate yourself that much, to allow poverty to destroy ur children when there is a genuine and legitimate way out through PETER OBI?

All youths must act now.

This is d last month for getting the PVC. We, the youths demonstrated in Lekki. What happened? They sent soldiers to kill us. The time has come for us to get involved in a way that they cannot kill us. Get ur PVC and get ready to flush these parasites in our nation away. We cannot miss this golden opportunity.

Let the youths arise!
Nigerians must reclaim their land.

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by GoodofNaija: 7:02am On Jun 11, 2022
Look who's talking about capability embarassed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Samunique(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2022
joyandfaith:

We shouldn’t even consider tribe. Fashola can be Tinubu running mate. We should forget religion and tribe. Rubbish!!!!!
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Tomek09(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2022
The hypocrisy of Northern and Yoruba Muslims stink.

What you won't accept is exactly what you are pushing down the throat of others because all that matters to you fools is winning election without due consideration to peace, stability and security of Nigerians after election with a bloody Muslim-Muslim ticket.

APC shot itself in the leg by fielding Tinubu knowing full well that this issue would come up.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by wildernessVoice: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2022
What Nelson Mandela said to Nigerians in 2007

“You know I am not very happy with Nigeria. I have made that very clear on many occasions. Yes, Nigeria stood by us more than any nation, but you let yourselves down, and Africa and the black race very badly. Your leaders have no respect for their people. They believe that their personal interests are the interests of the people. They take people’s resources and turn it into personal wealth. There is a level of poverty in Nigeria that should be unacceptable. I cannot understand why Nigerians are not more angry than they are.
“What do young Nigerians think about your leaders and their country and Africa? Do you teach them history...?

“What about the corruption and the crimes? Your elections are like wars. Now we hear that you cannot be president in Nigeria unless you are Muslim or Christian. Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen.

“Let me tell you what I think you need to do. You should encourage leaders to emerge who will not confuse public office with sources of making personal wealth. Corrupt people do not make good leaders. Then you have to spend a lot of your resources for education.

“Educate children of the poor, so that they can get out of poverty. Poverty does not breed confidence. Only confident people can bring changes. Poor, uneducated people can also bring change, but it will be hijacked by the educated and the wealthy...give young Nigerians good education. Teach them the value of hard work and sacrifice, and discourage them from crimes which are destroying your image as a good people.”

(Excerpts taken from a 2007 interview with Mandela conducted by Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed).

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2022
Those who are against this will NEVER even vote APC, they're just being manipulative because that ticket will be a catastrophe for their Party

628 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by Jlow2: 8:55am On Jun 11, 2022
People that had only one lawyer and doctor as at 1960 re now telling us there is no capable christains

9 Likes

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by ChoCho54(f): 9:01am On Jun 11, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Those who are against this will NEVER even vote APC, they're just being manipulative because that ticket will be a catastrophe for their Party
My brother, I sense that you are surreptitiously set to collect your pound of flesh from your yoruba christian brothers.
Muric have been urging you on and you have now found a moment to strike.

Have you considered how this could futher divide Nigerians?

Your own is as long as Tinubu is president. But do you at all want Tinubus reign to be peaceful or you prefer his reign to be full of sleepless nights and chaos everywhere?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by SupremeSpecimen: 9:06am On Jun 11, 2022
But only when it favors them

Otherwise Waec scores in the single digits is good enough for university

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2022
Rest my sister, this is Politics and what could guarantee victory is first considered.

You don't have to bring MURIC into this because I'm a Muslim.

If you think a pound of flesh is to be taken, then leave Christians of Yoruba origin out of it, speak for your SE people.

Will you even vote Christian-Christian ticket that has Yoruba as President before?

Don't use reverse psychology on us, only Muslim-Muslim ticket will guarantee victory for APC.

Tinubu has a Pastor wife.

Good morning and happy weekend
ChoCho54:
My brother, I sense that you are surreptitiously set to collect your pound of flesh from your yoruba christian brothers.
Muric have been urging you on and you have now found a moment to strike.

Have you considered how this could futher divide Nigerians?

Your own is as long as Tinubu is president. But do you at all want Tinubus reign to be peaceful or you prefer his reign to be full of sleepless nights and chaos everywhere?

607 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by ChoCho54(f): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2022
Babachir Lawal and FFK spoke on same issues and they didn't mince words about their positions. This there position is the position of the majority.

If Tinubu allows the evil 12 governors that gave him the flag goad him into a Muslim Muslim ticket, even his yoruba people will reject him.

Well, tinubu will only be president of iragbiji republic.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:17am On Jun 11, 2022
Thank you for your advice. We'll however consider the rule that says "Never take advise from your enemy"

We're Only going to consider what will give APC victory at the polls
ChoCho54:
Babachir Lawal and FFK spoke on same issues and they didn't mince words about their positions. This there position is the position of the majority.

If Tinubu allows the evil 12 governors that gave him the flag goad him into a Muslim Muslim ticket, even his yoruba people will reject him.

Well, tinubu will only be president of iragbiji republic.

606 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by ChoCho54(f): 9:20am On Jun 11, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Rest my sister, this is Politics and what could guarantee victory is first considered.

You don't have to bring MURIC into this because I'm a Muslim.

If you think a pound of flesh is to be taken, then leave Christians of Yoruba origin out of it, speak for your SE people.

Will you even vote Christian-Christian ticket that has Yoruba as President before?

Don't use reverse psychology on us, only Muslim-Muslim ticket will guarantee victory for APC.
Good morning and happy weekend
Toor..

So there's no northern christian of repute that can be running mate to Tinubu?

What are the northern Muslims scared of? Will the VP christanize Nigeria?

Is the north no longer the most powerful politically and their masses the most malleable? They vote who their leaders say. Why are they afraid of a northern christian?

Things like these make me hate this country when I think about them.

Who religion even help? Has anyone gone to heaven and back to tell us they saw God?
Yet, this God phenomenon is the reason why we can't have quality leadership and enjoy the basic things of life as people living on planet earth.

A Muslim Muslim ticket will help me retire Tinubu early to iragbiji old people's home.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by ChoCho54(f): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Thank you for your advice. We'll however consider the rule that says "Never take advise from your enemy"

We're Only going to consider what will give APC victory at the polls
I'm not an enemy. Opposition is not enemity.

Btw, a wise man keeps his friends close and his enemies, even closer.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by oilykid(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2022
Any christian fool that supports this nonsense weather an Apc supporter or none Apc supporter is a fool. These people are beginning to set a bad precedent in this country cause Nigerian Christians are too reserved and quiet.. Nigerian Christian population is bigger than Muslim population in this country but Muslims will always make nonsense and try to subdue everyone.

Buhari started this nonsense by appointing mostly Muslims in sensitive positions and Nigerians kept quiet. Now, they want to take it to the national level, they will soon start giving only Muslims appointment in the faderal level only while the mumu Christians keep playing liberal and educated. That's how they will relegate christians in this country.

Muslims won't take half of the nonsense they give to Christians in this country.

If El rufai is talking about competency then tinubu should pick educated southerner who is competent and let's see if El rufai will still vote for them in the name of competency.

I'm not a tinubu supporter and I wasn't going to vote for him in the first place but what I'm saying is that this people should putting this narrative that Nigeria is a Muslim country while the foolish christians will continue keeping quiet over it .

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai by KingKO22: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2022
Now the Ndi Cannibal are more concern about APC ticket flagbearer

What difference does it make ?

If APC chose Christian as VP would the SE vote for him ? No
If they choose Muslim you won't vote for their either
Why showing concern overnight ?

Hypocrit pigs are pathetic if they think their wailing will make us to fall for their propaganda.

If Muslim Muslim ticket will give APC block vote grin. Then so be it

12 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akpabio Wept As He Mocked PDP At A Rally In Akwa Ibom / Aisha Buhari: $16million For Mosquito Nets Shocks President's Wife / Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.