Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women (544 Views)

Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. / On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women / Don’t Use Nairaland To Showcase Your Misogyny and Bitterness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by Ashley86400: 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2022
Hello everyone. .
I have been noticing this for some years now that. . . Nairaland has become a breeding ground for men with hateful comments about women.
The misogynism is alarming. .
And it's surprising that moderators on nairaland allow this.

These men leave rude, sexist comments that beg to question if they have mothers, sisters, cousins or aunts.
The constant objectification of women and reducing women to crude insults regarding their sexuality and sexual parts is beyond demeaning.
The comments under the below thread are examples of how bad it has gotten when posts are made in regards to a woman's sexual life and decisions.

https://www.nairaland.com/7316039/how-guy-touch-because-he

Like is your masculinity so fragile that you feel you can only level it up by bringing women down constantly?

One nairalander on the thread even went as far to state that women are so cheap they allow him to f**ger them with his long nails.
Like is that necessary to bring up?
Do people even still kiss and tell in this day and age?

I would like to let these chauvinists to know that what a woman does with herself, her body and her private parts is her business and this goes for men too. What we do with our private parts are our business.

If a person decides to have sex for free or for money or food or whatever, it is his or her business and the rest of us should respect that.

Disturbing comments and hate speeches like this shouldn't be overlooked as they come from very disturbed minds.

All this should make us beg the question - Are these the men we want to relate with our daughters and sisters in our society? ?

Moderators pls help me move this to the front page.

2 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by DanieleLorenzo: 2:57pm On Sep 06, 2022
Nice take. But what of the Misandrists in Nairaland?
Abi you dey suffer from selective amnesia?

A popular user here usually encourages couples who deliver a baby boy to throw him in a waste bin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by virginprincess(f): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
Op,many of them are broke,bitter,frustrated and hopeless that is why they are always pouring their anger on women like we are the cause of their problems.

2 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by Celyndavis(f): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
Family issues causes some people to act the way they do

They end up doing the things they hated

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by marlow1962(m): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2022
Flamengomail:

Shut the fuvk up!!!!

Bast.ard
Hoor, hahaha my guy pls be calming down
Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by virginprincess(f): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2022
Flamengomail:
Shut the fuvk up!!!!

Bast.ard
It is you and your generation that are Bast.ards.

2 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ashley86400:
Hello everyone. .
I have been noticing this for some years now that. . . Nairaland has become a breeding ground for men with hateful comments about women.
The misogynism is alarming. .
And it's surprising that moderators on nairaland allow this.

These men leave rude, sexist comments that beg to question if they have mothers, sisters, cousins or aunts.
The constant objectification of women and reducing women to crude insults regarding their sexuality and sexual parts is beyond demeaning.
The comments under the below thread are examples of how bad it has gotten when posts are made in regards to a woman's sexual life and decisions.

https://www.nairaland.com/7316039/how-guy-touch-because-he

Like is your masculinity so fragile that you feel you can only level it up by bringing women down constantly?

One nairalander on the thread even went as far to state that women are so cheap they allow him to f**ger them with his long nails.
Like is that necessary to bring up?
Do people even still kiss and tell in this day and age?

I would like to let these chauvinists to know that what a woman does with herself, her body and her private parts is her business and this goes for men too. What we do with our private parts are our business.

If a person decides to have sex for free or for money or food or whatever, it is his or her business and the rest of us should respect that.

Disturbing comments and hate speeches like this shouldn't be overlooked as they come from very disturbed minds.

All this should make us beg the question - Are these the men we want to relate with our daughters and sisters in our society? ?

Moderators pls help me move this to the front page.
mumu,so you are so blind not to see their hate comments about men abi.boiled rag

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by Fahvvy: 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
The guys above me, please be civil about this and not throw insults around, please....

Madam OP...
You talked about men objectifying women, don't women do the same thing to men too??

When a girl sees a man, what is the first thing she sees? A WALLET!!! OR AN ATM!!!! Isn't that objectification??

Or is it okay for one gender to do it and not okay for the other?? Or maybe you missed the memo undecided....

Listen my dear....
You can't act a certain way and not expect people to treat you as such...

If you act or dress like a wh.o.re, then don't complain when men treat you as such!!

How can you (figuratively) allow yourself to end up in the bed with a man after just eating 500 naira suya, how?!!

And then you expect the man to take you seriously?? Haha!! I laugh in Spanish...

If you want to be treated with respect and with value, if you don't want stu.pi.d men to say trash about you, then start acting appropriately!!!!

But for as long as most women keep acting like che.ap w.hor.es, then they should expect to be treated and talked about as such undecided....

Twaaaah!!!!
How pathetic, that bedding a girl in the 21st century is as cheap as 500naira suya undecided....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women by siofra(f): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:
Nice take. But what of the Misandrists in Nairaland?
Abi you dey suffer from selective amnesia?

A popular user here usually encourages couples who deliver a baby boy to throw him in a waste bin.

You're lying undecided

(1) (Reply)

Man Ties Nigerian Wife To Pole After Catching Her With Lover / What Will Be Your Response If The Girlfriend Says She's Pregnant? / Lagos Xmas Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.