Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women (475 Views)

On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women / Don’t Use Nairaland To Showcase Your Misogyny and Bitterness / Men Please Stop The Women Over 30 Sexism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women by Ashley86400: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2022
Hello everyone. .
I have been noticing this for some years now that. . . Nairaland has become a breeding ground for men with hateful comments about women.
The misogynism is alarming. .
And it's surprising that moderators on nairaland allow this.

These men leave rude, sexist comments that beg to question if they have mothers, sisters, cousins or aunts.
The constant objectification of women and reducing women to crude insults regarding their sexuality and sexual parts is beyond demeaning.
The comments under the below thread are examples of how bad it has gotten when posts are made in regards to a woman's sexual life and decisions.

https://www.nairaland.com/7316039/how-guy-touch-because-he

Like is your masculinity so fragile that you feel you can only level it up by bringing women down constantly?

One nairalander on the thread even went as far to state that women are so cheap they allow him to f**ger them with his long nails.
Like is that necessary to bring up?
If you want to have s*Bleep, have s*Bleep and move on. You don’t have to tear the other person down because of it.
Why did you even have sex with them in the first place if it was only to bad talk them about it later??
Do people even still kiss and tell in this day and age?

I would like to let these chauvinists to know that what a woman does with herself, her body and her private parts is her business and this goes for men too. What we do with our private parts are our businesses.

If a person decides to have sex for free or for money or food or whatever, it is his or her business and the rest of us should respect that.

Disturbing comments and hate speeches like this shouldn't be overlooked as they come from very disturbed minds.

All this should make us beg the question - Are these the men we want to relate with our daughters and sisters in our society? ?

Moderators pls help me move this to the front page.

3 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women by afficionado7: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
You touched on the reason for this display: fragile masculinity. Real men don't go around trying to demean women to make themselves feel better. Nor do they have s@x and try to broadcast it to the world. I doubt that these posturing idiots have any s#x at all. In any case, mods need to do better at deamplifying these morons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women by Botking: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2022
Don't take anything that goes on here serious
But on the lighter note, women we have today are so so so so so so so so so so so so so f--king cheap, my goodness, what is wrong, I think mother has failed the society, because they failed in their duty to train their girls well, honestly

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women by Fahvvy: 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
Oh pleeeaseee undecided....
What exactly was misogynistic about those comments??

Misogyny literally means hate for women, how does saying that a woman who can be bedded for just 500naira suya is cheap.... How is that misogyny??

What our fathers had to work for, for years before they could see..
Our fathers had to work on their crush's father's farm...
They had to have a very large barn of yams...
They had to proof that they were capable and responsible to the father of the girl...

They had to be all these, just to be able to get in between a woman's legs, but today, for just 500naira suya or best still "hungry man" sized indomie and egg you can get ALLLLLL the things our fathers toiled for, for years ...

Madam OP, isn't that cheap!!!!!!!

You ladies don't like it when you're faced with an uncomfortable truth undecided...

Fact is simple, a lot of ladies in the 21st century are cheap!!!

If you can't deal with that, then advice your gender to learn to keep their legs closed!!
Re: On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women by advanceDNA: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Lol.....

Not again...
Re: On The Issue Of Sexism, Misogyny And Belittling Women by Ashley86400: 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2023
Fahvvy:
Oh pleeeaseee undecided....
What exactly was misogynistic about those comments??

Misogyny literally means hate for women, how does saying that a woman who can be bedded for just 500naira suya is cheap.... How is that misogyny??

What our fathers had to work for, for years before they could see..
Our fathers had to work on their crush's father's farm...
They had to have a very large barn of yams...
They had to proof that they were capable and responsible to the father of the girl...

They had to be all these, just to be able to get in between a woman's legs, but today, for just 500naira suya or best still "hungry man" sized indomie and egg you can get ALLLLLL the things our fathers toiled for, for years ...

Madam OP, isn't that cheap!!!!!!!

You ladies don't like it when you're faced with an uncomfortable truth undecided...

Fact is simple, a lot of ladies in the 21st century are cheap!!!

If you can't deal with that, then advice your gender to learn to keep their legs closed!!

Maybe your opinion is based on the women around you or those you grew up with.
But where I grew up and with the people I've related with, they don't do that.

And even if they do or not, we should mind our business.

(1) (Reply)

"If Groovy Had Moved To Me After Beauty Left, I Would Never Have Accepted Chomzy / Guys How Did You Feel When You Saw Your First White Beard ? / Come In And Get Free 2 Thousand Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.