Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) (103396 Views)

Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State Since 1956 / Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by BeanmanX(m): 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

The Queen had visited Nigeria sometime in 1956, signed some papers with a man named Louis Odumegwu .O, took (borrowed) a three full plane load of money belonging to a Bank called ACB, money was over 500billion pounds at that time, masterminded a war afterwards, during that war, destroyed all documents containing the deal (money borrowed) with the said man, about a year after eliminating the said man. Mr Louis was eliminated by the Queen.

Britain worked against the creation of a country as Biafra. Britain was 70% built with money and resources borrowed from the said nation (Biafra). People must understand, the Queen had committed a lot of atrocities in the past, Biafra which should be the richest in the world today, is currently being kept under the carpet. But In no time, this country would be declared, these money would be returned. These are facts you won’t see anywhere near the google or Wikipedia. The mainstream is controlled by the agendists.
Which kind of mumu lie be this?,,,,and some gullible and foolish people will believe this trash,,,,,were u there when Louis Ojukwu loaned the money out and do you know what is 500 billion pounds?.....

I'm even surprised because 51 Foolish people liked ur post,,,,Omo people are really dumb.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Enkidu70: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

The Queen had visited Nigeria sometime in 1956, signed some papers with a man named Louis Odumegwu .O, took (borrowed) a three full plane load of money belonging to a Bank called ACB, money was over 500billion pounds at that time, masterminded a war afterwards, during that war, destroyed all documents containing the deal (money borrowed) with the said man, about a year after eliminating the said man. Mr Louis was eliminated by the Queen.

Britain worked against the creation of a country as Biafra. Britain was 70% built with money and resources borrowed from the said nation (Biafra). People must understand, the Queen had committed a lot of atrocities in the past, Biafra which should be the richest in the world today, is currently being kept under the carpet. But In no time, this country would be declared, these money would be returned. These are facts you won’t see anywhere near the google or Wikipedia. The mainstream is controlled by the agendists.

You're a full blown lunatic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by nedekid: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
BurialGround:
I can't believe that the Queen went to Ijebu Ode and return with her head intact.
Lolz

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Sensiblerealist: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
Na jinni carry the story com give am and na the same jinni give Mr Louis Odumegwu the 500 billion pounds.
Person go just dey one corner hear BS com reproduce am with Jara without internalizing and re-analyzing it.
I Laff in Arabic.
Ordinary 1956 here ooo na inn Britain com borrow money from Odumegwu. Noor be only 500 billion, na 500 quadrillion

SaiOba:
With due respect bro.. how then did you get to know this?
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Enkidu70: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
BeanmanX:
Which kind of mumu lie I this?,,,,and some gullible and foolish people will believe this trash,,,,,were u there when Louis Ojukwu loaned the money out and do you know what is 500 billion pounds?.....

I'm even surprised because 51 Foolish people liked ur post,,,,Omo people are really dumb.

At least sixty imbéciles already believe that madman, from the amount of likes he got now

4 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by nedekid: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

Britain worked against the creation of a country as Biafra. Britain was 70% built with money and resources borrowed from the said nation (Biafra). People must understand, the Queen had committed a lot of atrocities in the past, Biafra which should be the richest in the world today, is currently being kept under the carpet. But In no time, this country would be declared, these money would be returned. These are facts you won’t see anywhere near the google or Wikipedia. The mainstreameam is controlled by the agendists.
This your tale got me scratching my head.
Is this story for real or a fragments of your imagination?

2 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Jerry2rule:
Please make we look at this tori oh, e be like say Louis Odumegwu .O, wan enjoy Queen Elizabeth toto and you know the kind of the deal na scam. Queen na smart woman she sabi the game, naso the man do give away for her be that. grin

You mean Luis ojukwu is a fool?

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by GreatrAnalyst: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

There's a difference between slave trade and colonialism, these are 2 distant eras. The queen never enslaved any Africans, before everybody becomes an online activist, try to get proper knowledge.

Perhaps Mary Slessor too shouldn't have stopped the killing of twins in Nigeria because African societies were "perfect" undecided

Colonialism was what ushered Africa into the present stage of enlightenment and development. What would we achieve without Christianity and education?

Just like the Uju woman insulting people up and down on Twitter, most of you love to deceive yourselves.

You are enlightened and I appreciate it.
Truth is a bitter pill.
They often speak against the colonial Masters as if those ones didn't leave them better than they met them.
Colonial Masters too had plans and their excesses, but they are not the problem of Nigeria.
Since how many years now that they still blame them for woes, corruption, tribalism, backwardness and so on prevailing in the country.
It is true that one is not a failure until one blames others for his problems.
What is wrong with Nigerians?
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by nedekid: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Enkidu70:

You're a full blown lunatic
My thoughts too..

4 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Obamaofusa: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

lol
How did you know it if it is not written anywhere.You be Metuzhella?
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
That was then but no try am now o,i wan u enough o

Bitter people. Make una dey take sweet things maybe una condition go improve small. grin
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Justiceleague1: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
Go there @ the risk of your head grin
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
GreatrAnalyst:

You are enlightened and I appreciate it.
Truth is a bitter pill.
They often speak against the colonial Masters as if those ones didn't leave them better than they met them.
Colonial Masters too had plans and their excesses, but they are not the problem of Nigeria.
Since how many years now that they still blame them for woes, corruption, tribalism, backwardness and so on prevailing in the country.
It is true that one is not a failure until one blames others for his problems.
What is wrong with Nigerians?

Thanks for the comment. At least we need to keep schooling these folks.

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by caracas: 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

There's a difference between slave trade and colonialism, these are 2 distant eras. The queen never enslaved any Africans, before everybody becomes an online activist, try to get proper [/b]knowledge.

Perhaps Mary Slessor too shouldn't have stopped the killing of twins in Nigeria because African societies were "perfect" undecided

[b]Colonialism was what ushered Africa into the present stage of enlightenment and development. What would we achieve without Christianity and education?

Just like the Uju woman insulting people up and down on Twitter, most of you love to deceive yourselves.
Oga you yourself should get proper knowledge of what you type before typing….
There’s also a big difference between colonialism and missionary works… Africans benefited from the missionaries not colonialism.
Christianity and education were introduced to Africans by the missionaries not the colonial masters
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
Goke7:

Both of them are dead so what's the use

Your headache. grin
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by shogsman(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
gambojimeta:

51 fellow Igbos liked his post. The collective IQ of the IPOBIANS is astonishing (in a bad way) grin
For the first time ever I agree with you, they're not the sharpest tool in the box

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by BeanmanX(m): 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
Enkidu70:

At least sixty imbéciles already believe that madman, from the amount of likes he got now
The lie shocked me terribly,,,,I wonder what people gain from posting lies and unverified news....the guy was even talking as if he was there when Louis Ojukwu loaned that huge amount of money out...

The Louis might be rich back then but there's no way he will be worth up to 500 billion pounds,,,,not even 1 billion pounds

I no dey like lie abeg... grin grin
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Igbek76: 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

Always want ro be like yorubas....always jealous the yorubas...the igbos should bow and accept the yorubas as master.

5 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
Foodie1:
This yellowba people and hate be like 5 and 6.

The kind hatred wey dey your mind even hypo no go fit wash am. It shows in the way you spelt Yoruba. Hatred will consume you eventually and prevent you from making real progress. That's what is wrong with you people right now. Continue

3 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by meetme01: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

There's a difference between slave trade and colonialism, these are 2 distant eras. The queen never enslaved any Africans, before everybody becomes an online activist, try to get proper knowledge.

Colonialism was what ushered Africa into the present stage of enlightenment and development. What would we achieve without Christianity and education?

How old are you? All what you said was either read or heard. You were not part of the generation of colonialism or slavery.

Even in the 80's, history never discussed the British Empire to the latter but Usman Dan Fodio and the likes because that's what you need to know. Today, history is no where to be found in the curriculum.

What led to colonialism if not slavery.. vice versa.?

I never and will never justify anyone castigating the British Empire because Whites generally will give news and information that you need to know nothing less,nothing more.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Agbebakun22: 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Liked around which world? Abeg o. My boss is a Brit. I work remotely for a firm in London. Make una no pour sand for my garri. I love my boss and colleagues. grin
who dey deceive u say ur brit oga like u, brits are not liked anywhere in the world. They destroyed the world
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by caracas: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
shogsman:

For the first time ever I agree with you, they're not the sharpest tool in the box
Yet they are said to be the most intelligent black race on earth….
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by pocohantas(f): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Na why I dey respect you. You think for yourself and have your own character. Unlike some who believe in following every goddamned trend.

I can’t see the need for the hullabaloo. Africans were not entirely innocent in this supposed slave trade. We were actively selling ourselves.

I am indifferent to her death and her general existence. The reason some of us can survive Buhari is because these same colonial masters gave us a chance in modern times. If they give us small dosage of this market we want to buy, we would remember racism.

4 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

And thst is why you people should stop unity begging and support the independence of the Igbo nation as an independent country

What sort of crazy person wants to be in one country with those he considers hateful?

Hatred has robbed most of you of sound reasoning these days but it ll take you no where! Sorry
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by gambojimeta: 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
shogsman:

Hahahaha, atleast we can agree on somethings grin
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Prechy08(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
OP you see how you read the mans portfolio with records. You even mentioned the school he attended, and source of wealth. You see as e sweet abi.

Someone that exit as far back as 1902.

I rest my case..
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Brightest04(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
Biodun556:
When Queen Elizabeth came to Nigeria In 1960 before the independence, we reveal to you where she passed the night.

When we talk of Nigeria history, the Ijebu people will always be noted as one of the wealthiest Billionaire tribes and there is in another dimension as they’ve been rich right from the pre-colonial era.

One of the Notable billionaire of the old who flexed their dough hard includes Ijebu born businessman and philanthropist, Timothy Adeola Odutola. Before we go into the evergreen edifice this man built, we would love to run a short profile of him.
Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola (1902- 95) Is a prominent businessman and Philanthropist from #Ijebu-Ode.

He attended St Saviours Primary School Italope and Ijebu-Ode Grammar School. He started work in the Colonial Service and later went into business selling damask and fish.

He became a Produce buyer opening large storage units and transportation lines. By 1960 he had created a conglomerate including three factories, a retail franchise, a cattle ranch, a 5,000-acre rubber and palm oil plantation, a sawmill, and export business.

Chief Odutola became so rich that he had a personal relationship with the father of Queen Elizabeth, George VI.

In 1956 during her Official visit to Nigeria, the Queen of England; Queen Elizabeth II was scheduled to visit only Ibadan, Enugu and Kaduna as the regional capitals.

Queen Elizabeth requested her visit be rerouted to include Ijebu-Ode to enable her to visit Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola, the Ogbeni Oja, her father’s friend who usually wined and dined with the royals at Buckingham Palace.

She passed a night at Ijebu-Ode and what a privileged visit indeed. Behold the Adeola Odutola Lodge, Ijebu-Ode (built, 1939).

https://www.anaedoonline.ng/2020/02/29/see-castle-where-queen-elizabeth-spent-a-night-in-nigeria-photos/

Big lie, the Queen never visited Ijebu Ode when she came to Nigeria in 1960. I read history and never came across such white lie you're telling people.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
caracas:

Oga you yourself should get proper knowledge of what you type before typing….
There’s also a big difference between colonialism and missionary works… Africans benefited from the missionaries not colonialism.
Christianity and education were introduced to Africans by the missionaries not the colonial masters

If you go school, then the school you went to should be leveled out with bulldozers. Na social gathering school you go.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by ComeToJesus: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2022
Corridon:
Why's the house supposedly built in the 50s in coloured pictures but the one with the queen is in black and white? Propaganda is the word here.

Is the no longer in existence? Can't it be photographed with a modern colour device?

That house belong to that era as evidenced by the Georgian/Victorian era features.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
This was supposed to be a peaceful thread that celebrates the ijebu billionaires/people. But immediately it was open the children of hate, bitterness and envy infested it as usual to bring it down. They hate to see or hear anything good about Yorubas! They don't shock me anymore

5 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
Brightest04:
Big lie, the Queen never visited Ijebu Ode when she came to Nigeria in 1960. I read history and never came across such white lie you're telling people.

You read zero history. Go and ask your lecturers. Or at best ask google

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

President Buhari Suspends EndSARS Protests Nationwide / Patience Jonathan Humiliated At PH Airport / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.