Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) (103404 Views)

Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State Since 1956 / Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Ikennaford: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

There's a difference between slave trade and colonialism, these are 2 distant eras. The queen never enslaved any Africans, before everybody becomes an online activist, try to get proper knowledge.

Perhaps Mary Slessor too shouldn't have stopped the killing of twins in Nigeria because African societies were "perfect" undecided

Colonialism was what ushered Africa into the present stage of enlightenment and development. What would we achieve without Christianity and education?

Just like the Uju woman insulting people up and down on Twitter, most of you love to deceive yourselves.
You are intelligent bro,I love you no homo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
Cantonese:

With due respect, SHATAAAAAPPPPPP.

Stop displaying such level of ignorance in public space please.

Its only when you have nothing tangible to respond that's when you resort to insult. Shame
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by maestro299: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

Thanks for the comment. At least it's good to light a candle so those who want to see can see.
Don't waste your time. People that are destined to be stupid will always end up that way, despite your good intentions. It seems it's become fashionable to act and think like a victim. That way, you don't need to take any responsibility for yourself. Just blame somebody else, somewhere that doesn't even know you exist and get your dopamine and serotonin hits with 'likes' and 'comments' on social media, while your real life world becomes a mess as you get more and more detached from how the world really works.

2 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

The Queen had visited Nigeria sometime in 1956, signed some papers with a man named Louis Odumegwu .O, took (borrowed) a three full plane load of money belonging to a Bank called ACB, money was over 500billion pounds at that time, masterminded a war afterwards, during that war, destroyed all documents containing the deal (money borrowed) with the said man, about a year after eliminating the said man. Mr Louis was eliminated by the Queen.

Britain worked against the creation of a country as Biafra. Britain was 70% built with money and resources borrowed from the said nation (Biafra). People must understand, the Queen had committed a lot of atrocities in the past, Biafra which should be the richest in the world today, is currently being kept under the carpet. But In no time, this country would be declared, these money would be returned. These are facts you won’t see anywhere near the google or Wikipedia. The mainstream is controlled by the agendists.
igbos are the only set of people that lie with there strength and soul. They love to lie it's a thing of joy to them. See how somebody calm down write full story of lies just because a harmless thread was opened to celebrate a Yoruba man. watch how this lies will be spread from generation to generation like the others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
kay29000:

Slave trade was abolished before they gave birth to this man... How could he have benefited from slave trade?

Don't mind the dumb people!

2 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by caracas: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kdon2:

If you go school, then the school you went to should be leveled out with bulldozers. Na social gathering school you go.
I don’t blame you at all… The social media space has given everyone the opportunity to relate to who ordinarily they are not fit to untie their sandals….
Olodos every where….
Me n you no dey for argument, cos on this topic I will lecture you like my 3 year old niece
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2022
BigIyanga:

Go and read your uncolonized history. It’s hard for you and ur ilk to unlearn white-washed history. Mary Slessor didnt stop killing of twin in Nigeria.. Other tribes like Yorubas had been celebrating twin before Mary Propaganda Slessor and co came.

Tell your people to send you go school small a. You are embarrassing yourself and your people! Haba!
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Lightorder: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
Biodun556:
Yorubas to the World
great
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
anonimi:

Like Madam Tinubu, after whom that Iragbiji man Amoda named himself.
What a coincidence for the modern betrayer of his tribe, who sold out the number 4 HoR Speaker slot to Fulani Tambuwal instead of allowing Mulikat Akande.
On top of stealing, Thiefnuibu is also a betrayer. What a waste.

Ibos are betrayers and will always be. once they see money they can sell their father even their children join.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Heffalump(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
zaki2:

You people should quit bringing up this story here biko. This will end up attracting insult to ndi Igbo. Besides, there is no evidence that such happened. Ojukwu would have fought for it to the end. This story is false.

It's just a mockery. The story is false!
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by goslowgoslow(m): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
Zetty177x:

Pulled down? Then where's the one she stayed in?.........the picture is definitely not included above....na only canopy I de see
That is the one she stayed in. The pull down was before the "final one" that you are seeing.

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
ceejayluv:

That guy clearly doesn't know shit about the transatlantic slave trade. Not even the timeline for abolishment. Blame our history-less school curriculum.
ElSudani:

Odutola sold slaves? LWKMD

No he didn't, he was an industrialist.

kingthreat:

True but you have no proof that that house was built from slave trade.
madridguy:
History Clerk in government Treasury, 1921; Native Authority, Ijebu-Ode, 1921; member, Legislative Council, 1945-59; member, defunct Western House of Assembly, 1945-59; member. Federal House of Representatives, 1952-54; Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1960-64; director of the Central Bank and the Nigerian Industrial Development Bank. president of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, chairman of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Na late Chief Odutola record be that. No be everybody be slave merchant.

OneEyedSnake:

You must be an OSU

Someone that was born in 1902 and whose business's profile has been listed for you to read and you still went on to call him a slave trader?

kay29000:

Slave trade was abolished before they gave birth to this man... How could he have benefited from slave trade?
Segzy19:
Nonsense! Odutola never benefittes fr slave trade. He was never a slave merchant. Stop your bigotry and hate.... You read his story up there yet you skill decided to spread lies to the ones who liked your comments... You got the likes on lies, and you are now happy
kay29000:

this comment below describes the average i:gbo envy of Yorubas..

Dapson73:

You must be an ipob sympathiser.

Always jealous of Yoruba superiority undecided

michaelandre:
This was supposed to be a peaceful thread that celebrates the ijebu billionaires/people. But immediately it was open the children of hate, bitterness and envy infested it as usual to bring it down. They hate to see or hear anything good about Yorubas! They don't shock me anymore
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by yunus22: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
SmartyPants:

Why would you do this to yourself?

Why?? grin
I mailed you sir

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by ajl: 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
So, how many slaves did the forefather of Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola kidnapped or sold to the British for him to be so close the evil royal family? This family is probably one of the local collaborators in the trans-atlantic slave trade. We lost a lot of yorubas to the slave trade. I heard of a king who was practically waiting for traders on the weekly market day to pounce on innocent people using specific route to get to the market. Greed is number one problem of my yoruba people.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Dongyi123: 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
The house is still there today and be photographed again and again but the queen is not there.

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by bamac(m): 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
This house at Lagos Garage, Ijebu Ode.
Lagos garage keh! Iro o.

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
anonimi:

So why are so many Yorubas slaving away voluntarily in Britain instead of making Lagos and other Yoruba cities as good as London and other British cities?
Yorubas slaving voluntarily, unlike the ones we raided, captured and sold to Arabs and whites for pittance?

Yorubas are working in Britain because Ironsi, Azikwe and Ojukwu were so jealous and envious of Yoruba people like Odutola they decided to abolish regionalism and centralize the wealth of all the regions which led to the destruction of wealth distribution among southern Nigerians which is also one of the reasons your fellow I:gbos are dealing drugs and doing armed robbery and cultism outside Nigeria..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Ganjafama(m): 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
Biodun556:
Yorubas to the World
You are one of the problem of Nigeria. Bigotry is becoming obsolete. Upgrade your reasoning
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2022
Justiceleague1:
Go there @ the risk of your head grin

Na there ibos still dey run go to do business and make their lives Sha!
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2022
seanwilliam:
i Had to screenshot your post for future reference, God bless you

MonsieurX posts is wrong... screenshot it at your peril.. that post is full of ignorance.. Africans have always celebrated twins and even have indigenous names for twins long before the e:uropeans set foot on Africa..

A part of Nigeria ( Calabar and Akwa Ibom ) couldn't successfully separate twins at birth and most of them died but history writes it that they twins were been killed when the truth is that most twins born in Calabar and Akwa-ibom were dying at child birth.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kdon2: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
caracas:

I don’t blame you at all… The social media space has given everyone the opportunity to relate to who ordinarily they are not fit to untie their sandals….
Olodos every where….
Me n you no dey for argument, cos on this topic I will lecture you like my 3 year old niece

That's why you reason with your anus!
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by ezebunafo(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

The Queen had visited Nigeria sometime in 1956, signed some papers with a man named Louis Odumegwu .O, took (borrowed) a three full plane load of money belonging to a Bank called ACB, money was over 500billion pounds at that time, masterminded a war afterwards, during that war, destroyed all documents containing the deal (money borrowed) with the said man, about a year after eliminating the said man. Mr Louis was eliminated by the Queen.

Britain worked against the creation of a country as Biafra. Britain was 70% built with money and resources borrowed from the said nation (Biafra). People must understand, the Queen had committed a lot of atrocities in the past, Biafra which should be the richest in the world today, is currently being kept under the carpet. But In no time, this country would be declared, these money would be returned. These are facts you won’t see anywhere near the google or Wikipedia. The mainstream is controlled by the agendists.
so you went to annynonous page on Facebook and copied then pastes here on nairaland,welldone
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by gentiles(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

You are right. it was igbos that developed Great Britain

5 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Enceladus(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
bergs2:
These are the few that benefited from slave trade. Mind you! Africans sold Africans.

Same way Europeans conducted the holocaust on the jews abi? grin grin

Teacher don't teach me nonsense! These are the ones Dr Woodson is referring to in his book called the Miseducation of the negro!

The Europeans told you Africa sold themselves and you ran with it? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
pocohantas:

I can’t see the need for the hullabaloo. Africans were not entirely innocent in this supposed slave trade. We were actively selling ourselves.

I am indifferent to her death and her general existence. The reason some of us can survive Buhari is because these same colonial masters gave us a chance in modern times. If they give us small dosage of this market we want to buy, we would remember racism.

LienwaltAbel:

Wetin this one dey talk? grin. Name one moment throughout history that a bigger empire or nation simply went somewhere to teach the people instead of kill, rape and colonise. It happened in Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia.

And do you know that Tuberculosis, Cholera, Typhoid, Meningitis, Yellow Fever, Measles, Smallpox and other small diseases were incurable a long time ago and always ended in death? Hell, even malaria that you clear in three days was incurable at a time. Infections could end people too. Make una dey read na.
Lifestone:

Thanks to her kingdom that fought the whole world to put and end to our parents selling themselves as slaves. UK ship blockage on Atlantic fastracked end to slave trade on the continent. They did well

drezzyx:
People working for him would be the slaves he purchased.
Working for free and making more money for himself.

Olorunjueda:

Yeah, that's what most people don't understand. Today I still believe that we caused everything.

Before they came, there were inter tribal wars probably because of land. Africans were fighting each other and keeping captives as slaves.

When the English settlers came, they started selling the captives in exchange for things like mirrors and guns.

Can you imagine, it got to a stage, the Africans dumped gold trade and started kidnapping people and selling them as slaves. Leaders were bribed and they started selling slaves.

I even read that there was a time slave trade was the major commodity for European trade. They destroyed our religion and converted many to christianity. What baffles me is that most of the English settlers were Christians.

The Europeans have done more harm than good. What they did to us is even better, read about the Native Americans, these people were living in America before Christopher Colomubus came.
Europeans owe the world an apology.
Lannister360:

You don't know this people
They are very smart and calculative
Ghana: Ashanti empire, Nigeria: Oyo empire, Benin Republic: kingdom of Dahomey

These where some of the kingdoms that participated in the slave trade.
What the whites did was that, if they come to you and you refuse to sell slaves to them, they will go to the next kingdom and buy slaves and exchange it with guns.

As a result, those other kingdoms become more powerful than the ones that refuse to sell slaves

So in other to stay strong(having guns) you have to sell slaves otherwise your neighboring kingdoms will be stronger than you and may one day invade.

That was the technique they used.

bergs2:

I was never even referring to the house.
I am only stating the obvious:
More than 90% of our early billionaires were the direct beneficiaries including our own Odumegwu Ojukwu

Is it the same whyte people that shooting black americans in 2022 out of hatred that will trade with Africans ( black people ) between 1600s and 1800s do you know how foolish that sounds...

you, Lannister360 and MonsieurX are filled with ignorance...

In that era, the moment a whyte person sees an African the first thought that will come to the whyte ( e:uropeans ) person's mind is to kill that African not to talk of Empires and Kingdoms filled with Africans they would have burnt such Empires and Kingdoms to the ground and killed every single African but they didn't have the population to do such so they resorted to " they sold slaves " mantra...

In South Africa, the e:uropeans specifically created what you call a machine gun today just to kill the indigenous South Africans..

I am 100% sure you and MonsieurX don't even know that the machine gun was created just to kill Africans quicker..
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Judolisco(m): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
Truthdeypain:

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu KBE was the first Billionaire in Nigeria. This figure seems unrealistic though. But Ojukwu wanted to further expand his business Empire across the Niger for which he was seen as a threat due to his overbearing influence, wealth and refusal to submit to their infamous interests. Thus the British interest did all to scuttle his visions and plans. As at his death Sir Ojukwu was was worth $40Billion dollars. As a Biafran we don't peddle uncouth and unsubstantiated facts. IGBO is BIAFRA and BIAFRA is TRUTH.

I cannot substantiate the figure made (They are obviously false) and whether that event infact happened. All i know is that the Brits like everybody else has always been afraid of the IGBO man as we worship no man born by a woman. And because of our UNSLAVISH spirit they always favoured Hausas and Yorubas with ease. (They love their subjects respectful and submissive)
the 40 billion as of his death is still a lie oga stop lying.... It's not good, it will only get you into trouble from 500 billion to 40 billion... How much was borrowed exactly?
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by princewarri1985: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Who is the fool that posted this lies??
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by CAPteencee(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
bergs2:
These are the few that benefited from slave trade. Mind you! Africans sold Africans.

God bless you
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by caracas: 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kdon2:

That's why you reason with your anus!
You should go for thanksgiving tomorrow if you’re a Christian, for the privilege of having to converse with someone like me…..
Otondos everywhere
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Jacketaltrade: 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2022
AdamuKD:
Nonsense queen of genocide, ask Palestinians, Indians, South Africans and Igbo people. Rot in hell
lol it's so funny how pple turn to human activist on top what they have no knowledge of.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kdon2:

Story! Yet the whole world leader are paying tribute to the queen. Even Nigeria flag would be at half mast from tomorrow! Check your mentality man! That's why una no fit grow!

Are you a world leader?
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by tabaralph: 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
Dollarseeker:
That was when she came to Nigeria to plead for a loan from Ojukwu's dad who was the richest man in Nigeria then.
Also learnt she used ojukwu father car through out her staying in Nigeria then a royal limo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

President Buhari Suspends EndSARS Protests Nationwide / Patience Jonathan Humiliated At PH Airport / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.