Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

An Inept Leadership - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Inept Leadership (3071 Views)

MEND Calls President Jonathan “A Clueless, Inept And Bare- Faced Liar,” / “pres. Jonathan’s Regime Is The Most Corrupt, The Most Inept .. / Mr Gej, Your Security Team Is Inept. Nigeria Today Is Like Nigeria In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Inept Leadership by EkoIle1: 12:09am On Aug 12, 2011
@ OP

With all due respect, its very hard to take you seriously, you sound very worse than GEJ himself if with no meaningful achievement as a deputy governor, as a sitting governor and as the president of Nigeria, you still supported and voted for him. Your decision was not sane and rational, you basically saddled us with another useless and incompetent leader, you set us back for another 4 years.

What do you really want us to do with your crying write up? Wipe your tears and regrets away.

You owe Nigerians a serious apology, especially how you paraded up and down NL rubbing GEJ in our faces and also with your GEJ winning strategy and analysis.

You didn't listen to the voice of reason then so spare us and live with your regrets all by yourself
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 12:30am On Aug 12, 2011
. . .and the post-election campaigning continues. One gets the distinct sense that those whose preferred candidate lost the presidential elections are wont to look for opportunities to say: "We told you so" to those who supported the winner. How childish.

Despite the lamentations: things are not as bad as they are claimed to be.
Re: An Inept Leadership by okadaman2: 12:56am On Aug 12, 2011
. . . And are the "winners" gracious and magnanimous in "victory" ??

Hardly do we get a thread mentioning Buhari without some online GEJ goon logging in to refer to the man as a terrorist or almajiri father. Even after the election. We still have some of the so called GEJ southern Christian warriors calling Buhari a boko haramist and jihadist. Some even still have it as their NL signature everytime they comment.

Yet they want to lecture us about after-election childishness?

Yeye dey follow mumu.

Una nor go kill pesin with laugh grin
Re: An Inept Leadership by EkoIle1: 12:57am On Aug 12, 2011
aletheia:

. . .and the post-election campaigning continues. One gets the distinct sense that those whose preferred candidate lost the presidential elections are wont to look for opportunities to say: "We told you so" to those who supported the winner. How childish.

What's really childish is the fact you think other peoples views are childish and your opinio carries weight. when the fact is your delusional asertions about the state of things is the other way around.

I always give people ample opportunity to prove their point, tell us what the incompetent man has done to better the lives of Nigerians, tell us this man did not look the other way while nigerians are getting ombed everyday, tell us what this man has done to create employment for unemployed nigerians, tell us what this mans economic policies are.

Help us with these facts or shut your childish and irrelevant mouth.
Re: An Inept Leadership by CyberG: 3:08am On Aug 12, 2011
Long write-up with some good points. However, YOU and MANY Nigerians got us into this mess everyone is gonna spend time and bandwidth discussing. It does not take even a DEAD MAN to know that GEJ is all BS - He has ZERO record of achievement. You lived in Philly, is that the kind of record any leader presents to get voted to lead? How come you think this GEJ fresh air would be different? Imagine all the waste of time, energy and resources to put your own house (imagine a skyscraper) on fire and afterwards, you need 10X all those resources to put out the fire? Well, that is what has happened here only this is an entire country, burning and there's no putting this fire out very easily. That country is simply on a journey to NOWHERE!

Well, since Nigerians love their FRESH AIR, let them all enjoy it and in 2015, defend his failure and give him another chance!
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2011
@okada_man & Eko Ile:

My reply to both of you still remains:
aletheia:

Both your vituperative responses to my simple post illustrates just how childish you both remain. I guess I hit a little too close to home. You will do well to follow the example of haka nai.
Re: An Inept Leadership by okadaman2: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2011
aletheia:

@okada_man & Eko Ile:

My reply to both of you still remains:
Both your vituperative responses to my simple post illustrates just how childish you both remain. I guess I hit a little too close to home. You will do well to follow the example of haka nai.

Alethia The Pope. You are very embarrassing.

You jumped on this thread calling people childish. Using your criteria, I replied you in kind and gave you examples of your own childish behavior. Now you are complaining about vituperative posts.  shocked

Check the new congregation of folks like you on the latest Buhari thread in the link below, I guess they didn't get your holy, Papal, "election is over" memo. While GEJ is still president and definitely deserves the criticism, your fellow goons are jumping up and down blaming Buhari for stuffs he has no control over, calling him Boko haramist and jihadist.

Your foolish hypocritical eyes nor go see that one.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-733965.0.html

Una yeye nor get counterfeit.   embarassed
Re: An Inept Leadership by BigMeat2: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2011
It has been very obvious since 2010 when GEJ was acting president before becoming president, that he doesn't have the vision and intellect on how to move the country forward an inch.

He is a puppet being controlled by the real powers in PDP - OBJ and others.

It is rather unfortunate that business will be as usual until the next round of election.

In the meantime, as others have said, let us enjoy the ride and breathe in the so-called fresh air.
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
@okada_man:
Both you and the "fellow goons [that] are jumping up and down blaming Buhari for stuffs he has no control over" are a bunch of silly pretentious children and pusillanimous dimwits. You are a bunch of nitwits and nattering ninnys of negativism, a gaggle of clueless dummkopfs with pretensions of grandeur who take yourselves entirely too serious, whereas your pseudo-intellectual pretensions are laid bare when one examines your so-called criticisms for one finds that they are mostly a farrago of vague intimations and jaundiced sentiments.

I dare you to show me where I called Buhari a jihadist or boko haramist. Typical obfuscating and emotional tactic of one with little of sense and substance to say.
Re: An Inept Leadership by Johndoe100(m): 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

What's really childish is the fact you think other peoples views are childish and your opinio carries weight. when the fact is your delusional asertions about the state of things is the other way around.

I always give people ample opportunity to prove their point, tell us what the incompetent man has done to better the lives of Nigerians, tell us this man did not look the other way while nigerians are getting ombed everyday, tell us what this man has done to create employment for unemployed nigerians, tell us what this mans economic policies are.

I have told you to keep your mouth firmly glued to Fashola's anus. The steady diet of shit you need makes you halucinatory when you move your mouth.
Stay away from anything to do with GEJ.
Eko Ile:

I have told you to keep your mouth firmly glued to Fashola's anus. The steady diet of shit you need makes you halucinatory when you move your mouth.
Stay away from anything to do with GEJ.
Re: An Inept Leadership by okadaman2: 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2011
aletheia:

@okada_man:
Both you and the "fellow goons [that] are jumping up and down blaming Buhari for stuffs he has no control over" are a bunch of silly pretentious children and pusillanimous dimwits. You are a bunch of nitwits and nattering ninnys of negativism, a gaggle of clueless dummkopfs with pretensions of grandeur who take yourselves entirely too serious, whereas your pseudo-intellectual pretensions are laid bare when one examines your so-called criticisms for one finds that they are mostly a farrago of vague intimations and jaundiced sentiments.

I dare you to show me where I called Buhari a jihadist or boko haramist. Typical obfuscating and emotional tactic of one with little of sense and substance to say.

See this one wan kill himself   shocked

So you fit abuse too? I be think sey you dey claim Pope before? Talk about emotional  undecided

I'm glad I forced you to unmask yourself.  grin

You don't have to specifically use those words to describe Buhari, and if you can read at all, I'm sure I did not say you did, but I won't be surprised to find out you've said worse before, giving the lying, flip flopping and hypocritical  nature of you and your co-goons.

I addressed your hypocrisy which was glaring. This belated attempt at correction by abusing your co-goons is an utter FAIL. If you like burst a vein and an artery, you are still an Hypocrite.

Yeye dey form grammer. Una nor go make pesin fall on-top Okada grin
Re: An Inept Leadership by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
Big Meat:

It has been very obvious since 2010 when GEJ was acting president before becoming president, that he doesn't have the vision and intellect on how to move the country forward an inch.

Add to that the 11 years, prior, he spent in various leadership roles, without accomplishing a single thing for the people, and the nation as a whole.
Re: An Inept Leadership by Johndoe100(m): 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Add to that the 11 years, prior, he spent in various leadership roles, without accomplishing a single thing for the people, and the nation as a whole.

Thank God only real Nigerians can vote (by the way we did vote recently no?). When all these Internet Nigerians learn to respect the wishes of the true Nigerians, this forum may see some more realistic posts.
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
okada_man:

So you fit abuse too? I be think sey you dey claim Pope before?
^
So I'm now the Pope. Oya bow and kiss my feet! grin

okada_man:

I'm glad I forced you to unmask yourself.  grin
^
Unmask? What was hidden from view?
My initial post is clear and quite plain for all to see. Does it irk you because it is the truth? Are you having a prolonged sulk because your preferred candidate lost? Just because one does not join in your chorus of hate does not mean one has said anything against your Buhari. Surely you see the fallacy of such a zero-sum worldview? All my posts are available and again I challenge you to produce one wherein I insulted General Buhari as your people repeatedly do to the president. Only then will I accept your charge of hypocrisy. Or do you just throw around unproven allegations just like others do here?

I have sampled some of your previous posts and you strike me as being a cut above the bigots and ill-informed sort that proliferate daily here. . .so you know better than to tar everyone with the same brush.

BTW: I still stand by my statement that things are not as bad as they are claimed to be.
Re: An Inept Leadership by okadaman2: 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
aletheia:

^
So I'm now the Pope. Oya bow and kiss my feet! grin

Amadioha dey bow for people? Pope wan Quench be that grin

Unmask? What was hidden from view?
My initial post is clear and quite plain for all to see. Does it irk you because it is the truth? Are you having a prolonged sulk because your preferred candidate lost? Just because one does not join in your chorus of hate does not mean one has said anything against your Buhari. Surely you see the fallacy of such a zero-sum worldview? All my posts are available and again I challenge you to produce one wherein I insulted General Buhari as your people repeatedly do to the president. Only then will I accept your charge of hypocrisy. Or do you just throw around unproven allegations just like others do here?

Abeg carry your grammar comot jor!

My response was about your failure to address such comments to people who still malign Buhari's character with unproven and unverifiable claims. Calling him names everyday. I have no problem with that as long as we can dish same to GEJ and the other foooooools they support.

I have sampled some of your previous posts and you strike me as being a cut above the bigots and ill-informed sort that proliferate daily here. . .so you know better than to tar everyone with the same brush.

Na you sabi, next time be more careful when you see Okadaman on a thread. You can bow now. It's ok.  grin

BTW: I still stand by my statement that things are not as bad as they are claimed to be.

That is not what my passengers are saying o  shocked

Even though a lot of them dissapointed me by Fooooooooolishly voting for GEJ too, thanks to all those emotional "I got no shoe" campaigns.  embarassed

I still trust them more than GEJ Spinmasters.
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
okada_man:

Abeg carry your grammar comot jor!
^
Truce? cheesy

okada_man:

I still trust them more than GEJ Spinmasters.
^
I hope you are not including me in the category of so-called spinmasters. . .else I would have to again demand proof of where I defended his policies. angry
Re: An Inept Leadership by nuclearboy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2011
Una 2 don convert this simple thread to inter-"I no know wetin" warfare and COMEDY!

Oya, e don do - we bow say una carry grammar for head. Even the 2 people you guys are defending will take cover with all the "farrago" and "amadioha".

Back to earth please!

I wonder if Aletheia will humor me and tell me what more you'd wish to go bad before accepting things have really been up-ended in this system. And what positives you see that incline you to believe things will improve

And I owe you an apology - will still write
Re: An Inept Leadership by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

[size=13pt]You owe Nigerians a serious apology, especially how you paraded up and down NL rubbing GEJ in our faces and also with your GEJ winning strategy and analysis.[/size]

You didn't listen to the voice of reason then so spare us and live with your regrets all by yourself
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Inept Leadership by foreman: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2011
aletheia:

@okada_man:

This guy deserves to be slapped for real
Re: An Inept Leadership by okadaman2: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Alethia, OK. . . Truce Accepted bro.

For now. .  wink
Re: An Inept Leadership by maclatunji: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
foreman:

This guy deserves to be slapped for real

I am too tired to read the rest of this thread but I just want to tell you that Aletheia prides himself as being smarter than virtually everybody else on Nairaland. He will not take kindly to your declaration, just saying. Have a great weekend everyone, I doubt I will come here until Monday Insha Allah.
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
nuclearboy:

I wonder if Aletheia will humor me and tell me what more you'd wish to go bad before accepting things have really been up-ended in this system. And what positives you see that incline you to believe things will improve
A brief summary. . .
I am apolitical as you know and so I am not holding brief for the FG or defending them but I am basing my assessment on the improvement I see in the lives of those around me who are not politicians but ordinary middle class Nigerians. We could argue GDP figures all day and even these show an expansion in the economy. More of these people now own cars than in the decade before. I know several that have started up successful businesses. Access to healthcare has improved among the demographic that I highlighted through the NHIS which is coming on stream.  Reforms to the pension scheme have been such that the PFA still atop a 2 trillion naira pile that the CBN wants to access for infrastructure development. Some state governors are doing well.

Granted there is still much left to do especially in power sector and political reform. . .but which will you prefer? That I see the glass as half-full or half-empty? Perception often shapes our reality. But of course all that I have written above is based on what I see so it may be dismissed as subjective. . .
Re: An Inept Leadership by nuclearboy(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^ I see!

Nice try but I wonder how close you are to people on the bottom rung

How has this govt or anything it is implementing, helped poor people? Health, education, jobs, transportation etc?

The issue of corruption and big-manism - how has this govt reacted to these?

Security of lives AND emphathy - do you believe you are safe in Nigeria?

I could go on & on but, , ,

We both know you are far above the "its just 3 months" crowd! So tell me ONE (or maybe TWO) positive things you can ascribe to the HOS in the past 12 years he has been "applicable" in this system?

We all supported him against Atiku but looking back at the issue of "zoning" and the somersaults we have seen, would YOU, Aletheian do same OR support such "manouvering" as indicative of a sincere\honest person?
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
maclatunji:

I am too tired to read the rest of this thread but I just want to tell you that Aletheia prides himself as being smarter than virtually everybody else on Nairaland. He will not take kindly to your declaration, just saying. Have a great weekend everyone, I doubt I will come here until Monday Insha Allah.
^
O omniscient potentate: you were always too tired to read; hence your basking and wallowing in ignorance so profound that it transcends the Space-Time continuum to the point where you know what is on aletheia's mind and what he prides himself on.

BTW have you now found time to read the relevant portions of the Nigerian constitution that pertain to the powers of the Vice President?
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2011
nuclearboy:

Nice try but I wonder how close you are to people on the bottom rung
^
Err. . .
aletheia:

I am basing my assessment on the improvement I see in the lives of those around me who are not politicians but ordinary middle class Nigerians.
. . .But of course all that I have written above is based on what I see so it may be dismissed as subjective. . .
I don't know about the lowest income segments of the population but I know that the middle-class has expanded. That is often regarded as a measure of the economy. "The poor you will always have with you". sad

nuclearboy:

How has this govt or anything it is implementing, helped poor people? Health, education, jobs, transportation etc?
^
See reference to NHIS above with regards to health (this has actually increased access to health for a lot of people). The implementation has now moved on to the States' level; By the time it's fully functional, we will have something on ground similar to the NHS in UK. They could do more in the area of jobs &c. But surely you don't expect government to provide jobs for everyone, do you? Such paternalistic economic models have failed in the past. I prefer a private sector driven approach.

nuclearboy:

The issue of corruption and big-manism - how has this govt reacted to these?

Security of lives AND emphathy - do you believe you are safe in Nigeria?
^
Political corruption is a world wide phenomenon after all it wasn't a Nigerian who coined the quote: "Power corrupts". The problem is that in Nigeria it is worsened by ethnic rivalry and tribal bigotry which is a far bigger problem than the said corruption. Unfortunately we have bought the narrative that "Corruption is the biggest problem in Nigeria." No it's not: Tribalism is the problem. Deal with tribalism and corruption will be reduced. That was the chink in Buhari's armor that his opponents exploited; for he could not convincingly prove to the sceptics (of which I was one) that he was wholly de-tribalized. sad

I believe I am as safe in Nigeria as any where else outside a war zone. After all right there in Chicago, at least two Nigerians were brutally murdered during my stay there.

nuclearboy:

We both know you are far above the "its just 3 months" crowd! So tell me ONE (or maybe TWO) positive things you can ascribe to the HOS in the past 12 years he has been "applicable" in this system?
^
You are trying to turn this conversation into aletheia's defence of GEJ. I am not interested in defending him. He has enough "defenders". But one positive thing is the avowed commitment to push through power sector reform despite the entrenched interests of unions and others. Another will be the Sovereign Wealth Fund. . .See? The glass is half-full.

nuclearboy:

We all supported him against Atiku but looking back at the issue of "zoning" and the somersaults we have seen, would YOU, Aletheian do same OR support such "manouvering" as indicative of a sincere\honest person?
^
Care to be specific as to the "maneuvering" you allude to?
Re: An Inept Leadership by nuclearboy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
Last "thing" only - "zoning" was scrapped because he wanted the party ticket. After he got it, zoning again existed - "animal farm" style Napoleon?

There is a moral issue here and I wonder what that inteprets to in the psyche of 150million Nigerians.

Aside that, no, its not that I take you as GEJ's defender - seems I've made the mistake okada-man also did yet inadvertently. I just wonder if Nigeria does not deserve better than this -

"we know" who was responsible for the Oct 1 blasts until "some" people stopped their campaigns and threw weight behind "we" - I may be wrong but I see that as using human lives as bargaining tools.

"Rome" is on fire but the emperor wants entertainment and sees tenure elongation as priority

Privatisation has "failed"? Why after the election?

A "streamlined government" has become more minstries, PAs, SPAs, and hanger ons.

"foreign accounts" now acceptable? NOW?

It goes on and on and me, I just wonder - "what could be worse?"
Re: An Inept Leadership by okadaman2: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
nuclearboy:

Aside that, no, its not that I take you as GEJ's defender - seems I've made the mistake okada-man also did yet inadvertently.

No No No. I did not make a mistake. Aletheia was a GEJ and PDP defender during the elections.

He can deny and spin that fact all he wants but his post history holds more than enough evidence. If na court we dey, jury go jail am troway the key.

If he has changed his mind about some things or amendend his expectations and assumptions that is fine, but he was a Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Southern Christian candidate(even though GEJ na Olumba Olumba worshipper  undecided ) defender.

Aletheia did not hide that fact at all. 

aletheia:

CPC=Fulani ("Hausa"wink supremacist party. "fower" must return to the "north". We are "born to rule"grin

^
See, he was also not "nice and above" the unwarranted characterisation, ethnic slurring and insult throwing either. Just saying.

. . . anyway, I'm still on a truce. wink
Re: An Inept Leadership by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2011
okada_man:

No No No. I did not make a mistake. Aletheia was a GEJ and PDP defender during the elections.

He can deny and spin that fact all he wants but his post history holds more than enough evidence. If na court we dey, jury go jail am troway the key.

If he has changed his mind about some things or amendend his expectations and assumptions that is fine, but he was a Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Southern Christian candidate(even though GEJ na Olumba Olumba worshipper  undecided ) defender.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

At least the @OP is willing to admit that he did!
Re: An Inept Leadership by aletheia(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
^
I understand your angst. Every patriotic Nigerian wants better for the country but we can criticize without being obnoxious to those who disagree with us (I plead guilty as well). It seems that years of military rule have robbed us the courtesies that should characterize civilized and mature political discourse. Having said that, I always follow the principle of weighing all the information at my disposal before commenting or forming an opinion on an issue. . .but the problem is that all too often we Nigerians react to rumor and innuendo and first impressions that are often wrong. And even after the first impressions are shown to be wrong we still hold on to it despite the evidence.

To your specific charges:
nuclearboy:

Last "thing" only - "zoning" was scrapped because he wanted the party ticket. After he got it, zoning again existed - "animal farm" style Napoleon?

There is a moral issue here and I wonder what that inteprets to in the psyche of 150million Nigerians.
Firstly what moral issue? A VP succeeds his departed president? This is politics and I wonder why you are getting hot under the collar about it. Was the Nigerian constitution breached in any way? Even the relevant portion of the PDP constitution is quite ambiguous with respect to zoning. . .the principle of which is rotation and distribution of positions. So based on that argument, why shouldn't a SS man become president?

Based on my reading of the situation, I would say that most Nigerians were probably not against the issue of zoning per se. . .what turned most people off was the arrogance with which certain elements pursued it and the fact that the frontrunners seeking to benefit from the "zoning" were exactly the people that contributed to the morass that Nigeria currently finds itself in. Certainly given a choice between Babangida/Gusau/Atiku/Buhari and Jonathan who did you think most Nigerians would choose?

nuclearboy:

I just wonder if Nigeria does not deserve better than this -
Do we deserve better than this? It is said that people always get the leaders they deserve. A profound statement of Churchill is: "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." The nature of democracy is such that:
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
Alexis de Tocqueville

Until we Nigerians get off our lazy backsides and stop allowing others to use religion and ethnicity to manipulate us for their selfish ends, we will continue to do less well than we ought to but then again as Churchill puts it: “The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

nuclearboy:

"we know" who was responsible for the Oct 1 blasts until "some" people stopped their campaigns and threw weight behind "we" - I may be wrong but I see that as using human lives as bargaining tools.
As I recall all the President said was to paraphrase:"Those responsible for the October 1 bombings were not MEND even though claiming to be MEND" And BTW since the Okah brothers were taken out of circulation, have you heard any thing further from MEND. And he would know since he was personally and directly involved in the ND amnesty program meeting with militants one on one and building rapport with them to convince them to lay down their weapons.
With all due apologies I think you are only repeating hearsay.

nuclearboy:

"Rome" is on fire but the emperor wants entertainment and sees tenure elongation as priority
^
The President is not a Prime Minister. I suspect most Nigerians expect a Prime Minister. The President has set the overall direction of policy and appointed ministers too undertake it. Will power sector reform be undertaken in a day? Or jobs created by executive fiat? While these are being tackled, should the President not undertake constitutional reforms as he sees fit? Come now, I think you should be fair.
I will not commend further on the proposed amendments until I see them and study the details. Most commentators and the Opposition parties still do not understand the M.O. and sleight of hand of this president. . .which is why they are usually blind-sided by the president.

nuclearboy:

Privatisation has "failed"? Why after the election?
How is this a failing? Methinks you are being just a bit emotional here. Or was he not telling the truth? Where is Nigeria Airways that became Virgin Nigerian? Why is Nitel a failed entity? The list goes on. Privatization was supposed to create jobs. Where are the jobs? Instead we see El-Rufai in BPE and Atiku selling off government parastatals to their cronies who engaged in assets stripping. Remember Pentascope?

nuclearboy:

A "streamlined government" has become more minstries, PAs, SPAs, and hanger ons.
And yet you are against constitutional reform. . .the same constitution that stupidly says every state and Geopolitical zone must produce a Minister making a minimum of 36. See why you can't eat your cake and have it? As far as I am concerned constitutional amendment is a priority. We must begin to debate government policies on their merit rather seeing them through the prism of our dislike or like of the originator. Cynicism is not productive and often leads us to throw the baby away with the bath water.

nuclearboy:

"foreign accounts" now acceptable? NOW?
^
This was supposedly "leaked" from the presidency?  lipsrsealed
Speculation and misdirection as far as I am concerned. . .designed to make us take our minds of other things. Until I see the proposed amendment before I 'll believe it.
Re: An Inept Leadership by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2011
Lets enjoy Odechukwu Retardeens Fresh Air
Re: An Inept Leadership by nuclearboy(m): 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2011
Moral issues - you signed to an agreement. Then you throw it out. Then after you win, you insist that it is in effect for others. The issue is not if he has right to be president - everyone of us has that right. The true issue for me is that after it was thrown out to his advantage, he ought not have raised it again. That is so animal farm.

I know Churchill's words (and MORE + you know I do) - are you stating then that you'd do same if in that seat? Come on!

I'll keep quiet about heresay - time will bear one of us out. It always does

On privatisation, the dude knew what he planned is my point. Yet he kept supporting privatisation till those words (amidst a myriad of others) got him where he wanted. But then you yourself allude to the deceptiveness when you say "blindsided by him"

Fine, constitution says every state is to produce a minister. Is he "reforming" that by adding MORE?

You understand my point. I know you do!
Re: An Inept Leadership by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
I do hope he moves forward with his plans to privatize PHCN.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Prophet Warns Of Another Bomb Blast / - / Akinwumi Ambode Displays His Certificates To Debunk Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.