Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles (24510 Views)

EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos) / Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles / Swiss To Auction Hypercars Seized From Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by tete7000(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2022
Buy car wey go set your life on fire at your peril. Cursed vehicles. What happens if no one turns out to buy?
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by Nukilia: 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Enddy50ty:
Lagos state government. Instead of Confiscating their vehicles and auctioning them off, why don't you fine them for breaking the law?

Some of these vehicles are the only source of livelihood to the owners.

Na one way dem follow, dem no kill person.

Besides there are no accurate road signs on the roads.

This is a tip of the iceberg. Wait till Tinubu become president
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by Nukilia: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
citygarden:
This is totally rubbish, why can't they fine them instead of auction their vehicle
A Tinubu presidency will spell doom for Nigerians...
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by Asquare84(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
this is a good punishment to serve as a deterrent to law breakers. i wish Abuja emulate Lagos example
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by TruthinAction: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2022
Enddy50ty:
Lagos state government. Instead of Confiscating their vehicles and auctioning them off, why don't you fine them for breaking the law?

Some of these vehicles are the only source of livelihood to the owners.

Na one way dem follow, dem no kill person.

Besides there are no accurate road signs on the roads.

This is the handwork of Tinubu that some people are clamoring should be voted as President. He brought LASTMA to Lagos and they have become criminals in the name of traffic offense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by aestake: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
GboyegaD:

For them to announce the sale in public, I will expect due procedure is followed.
hahahahahahahaha
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by oyeb15: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2022
One of d reasons I don't like Tinubu.
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by BennyDGreat: 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
GboyegaD:

For them to announce the sale in public, I will expect due procedure is followed.

Lol
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by kmaster007: 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
Another Scam
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
Stealing in the name of the law.

It will never be well with those thieving govt officials.
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
Asquare84:
this is a good punishment to serve as a deterrent to law breakers. i wish Abuja emulate Lagos example

Because you never owned a car, doesn't mean that car owners are responsible for your frustrations.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by Horus(m): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFagmF-D4vg

Lagos State Government Auctions Forfeited Vehicles
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by joungblood(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2022
quentin06:

Because you never owned a car, doesn't mean that car owners are responsible for your frustrations.

I was about to say same thing, because there's no way you'll be a car owner and make such stupid comment,

Nobody deserves to have thier car taken and auctioned off, regardless of one way offense, it is a punishable offense, to be fined or given community service, but u can't just take person car they bought for millions and it becomes ur own, now I know sometimes some car owners n drivers are just stupid and stubborn, and they deserve to be punished for sure, because them go just dey purposely break traffic laws, but just taking their vehicles and selling it is not a fitting punishment, he might as well just say anyone that caught breaking the traffic law should be sentenced to death na, smh.

Unpopular opinion, I can't ever go to this kind of auction to buy any of these vehicles, it's not worth it. How many millions of great vehicles customs don seize, why dem no dey do auction, the dey share the auction within themselves, now they seize cars for road n they won auction am
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by joungblood(m): 12:47am On Sep 12, 2022
The owners of the cars are actually going there to bid and rebuy the cars back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XONHqFPxaQQ
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 12, 2022
joungblood:

I was about to say same thing, because there's no way you'll be a car owner and make such stupid comment,

Nobody deserves to have thier car taken and auctioned off, regardless of one way offense, it is a punishable offense, to be fined or given community service, but u can't just take person car they bought for millions and it becomes ur own, now I know sometimes some car owners n drivers are just stupid and stubborn, and they deserve to be punished for sure, because them go just dey purposely break traffic laws, but just taking their vehicles and selling it is not a fitting punishment, he might as well just say anyone that caught breaking the traffic law should be sentenced to death na, smh.

Unpopular opinion, I can't ever go to this kind of auction to buy any of these vehicles, it's not worth it. How many millions of great vehicles customs don seize, why dem no dey do auction, the dey share the auction within themselves, now they seize cars for road n they won auction am

Oh I own one, your initial remark was in support of the thieves who are auctioning the cars, don't know why the turn, if you owned a spanner you won't support them in the first place, always take a stand on issues, don't be neutral, it only helps the oppressor.
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by joungblood(m): 11:41am On Sep 12, 2022
quentin06:

Oh I own one, your initial remark was in support of the thieves who are auctioning the cars, don't know why the turn, if you owned a spanner you won't support them in the first place, always take a stand on issues, don't be neutral, it only helps the oppressor.

I wasn't supporting the thieves who are auctioning the cars, no! And I'm not trying to be neutral here, my stand is that, this is lawful robbery. You can't automatically own someone's car because of traffic law break, it is not done. And most of the time this same people breaks the laws alot, they do follow one way, sometimes the roads are not passable, and many people are forced to do one way or damage ur car, other time some roads don't have a one way sign post and if you don't wait to observe u won't know it's one way, sometimes too officials will even direct you to follow one way, so many flaws, go to iyana ipaja, you'll see police parked at the brt lane waiting for offenders, but u will still see danfo drivers blowing pass them left and right but they will never arrest them, but if u say make u carry ur fine personal car pass there, them go jump on u like say you be kidnapper.. Make we see bad it and call it out
Re: Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles by 3kay945(m): 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
joungblood:

I wasn't supporting the thieves who are auctioning the cars, no! And I'm not trying to be neutral here, my stand is that, this is lawful robbery. You can't automatically own someone's car because of traffic law break, it is not done. And most of the time this same people breaks the laws alot, they do follow one way, sometimes the roads are not passable, and many people are forced to do one way or damage ur car, other time some roads don't have a one way sign post and if you don't wait to observe u won't know it's one way, sometimes too officials will even direct you to follow one way, so many flaws, go to iyana ipaja, you'll see police parked at the brt lane waiting for offenders, but u will still see danfo drivers blowing pass them left and right but they will never arrest them, but if u say make u carry ur fine personal car pass there, them go jump on u like say you be kidnapper.. Make we see bad it and call it out

Bros, your head correct.
The whole country is like a jungle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / Cost Of Motor( Power ) Bikes / 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.