Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu (23576 Views)

Saheed Balogun Joins Mini-walk Taking Place In Jos For Tinubu/Shettima (Photos) / Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) / Saheed Balogun, Dayo Amusa, Others At 5-Million-Man March For Tinubu In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Zydote: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2022
In an interview he had with Emmanuel Ojo, the veteran actor, Saheed Balogun disclosed his reasons for supporting the presidential candidate of APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Is there a candidate you are endorsing or giving your support ahead of next year’s general elections?

Are you not on social media? That, I will answer. I didn’t want to support anyone; I stood aloof and some people came to tell me that I’m a coward; so, I came out to support Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) and they asked me why. I told them that in Yoruba land, everybody you know who has been this and that, he (Asiwaju) was the one that brought them out – counting from (Babatunde) Fashola, (Yemi) Osinbajo to (Akinwunmi) Ambode. He (Tinubu) was the one who brought them out. When he picked these people, everybody was asking questions, but when they got there, what Asiwaju saw in these people, everybody started seeing too. So, why are they now crucifying the man?

In my films online, I have brought to limelight actors that people had not seen before; Asiwaju too has that style. I had to sit down and observe to see who has my kind of style; and it’s Asiwaju. If I follow any of the rest, then it means that I’m not thinking. What he is doing that is not good? I don’t know. All I know is that I have always seen the good things he did and I decided to support him. It’s my personal choice.

A lot of leaders are there, they can’t even point to 20 people that they have made. They can’t show us what they have turned around and the impossible that they have made possible. Here, we’re talking about someone who made the vice-president. I am sure that 95 per cent of Nigerians didn’t know that name (Osinbajo) before now. I make bold to say it. Osinbajo is a very good man but Asiwaju brought him out for you to see.

I came out to say that we are BPI – Black, Proud and Intelligent – and we are truly the giants of Africa. Not by words but by the action. I have talked about the good things I see in my own candidate; you’re free to talk about your own candidate. I may feel that mine is the best but by the time you start preaching about yours, I may see a different aspect to it. So, it’s my personal opinion.

Asiwaju seems to think the same way as I do; so, I decided to give him my support. His good deeds that I know of are what I am talking about; and that’s me. Whosoever you support, it’s your personal choice and I don’t have to fight you over it.

Beyond presidential candidates, who are your other preferred candidates?

I have said mine, Tinubu for the presidency. Someone also asked me who my candidate for the House of Reps is and I said Desmond Elliot, of course. Who else? He is in my community as an actor. If he fails, I fail; if he wins, I win. I have a lot of them like that that I will support.

Someone asked me why I am supporting (Governor Babajide) Sanwo-Olu. I said whatever he might have done, I don’t know, but before he came to power, we were campaigning and he said to me, “Saidi, what can I do for you?” I said, “Sir, give us free loan that won’t follow the structure of a normal loan.” He said, “The Federal Government will give you structure.” He came into power and he gave a loan of N1bn. People have accessed the loan and that was what Saidi Balogun requested for during a one-on-one discussion with the governor on stage in Ikeja. He gave me what I wanted. It is left for my people to now use the loan well.

Someone raised the issue of #EndSARS and they said 10 persons died or so, but no one has come out to say that he or she is a family member to any of the people that were said to have died. Some people in some ministries might be messing up, they will then put the blame on the leader but the best thing to do is to fish out those people. Those are the people I am supporting.

Is there an offer you will get that will make you change your mind about Tinubu and withdraw your support from him?

My stand is my stand and nothing can change that. I am an extremist. If I am your friend, I do it to the end. That is me. I don’t look back.

https://equitymedia.com.ng/2022/09/11/no-offer-can-make-me-stop-supporting-tinubu-saheed-balogun/

110 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Moh247: 8:31am On Sep 11, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban

183 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by OBALOLA55(m): 8:31am On Sep 11, 2022
WETIN CONCERN US WITH YOUR SUPPORT FOR TINUBU BAYI undecided

YOU DON RUN LEAVE YOUR SUGAR MUMMY
MRS REMI ADIUKWU BAKARE grin

176 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by mustmust(m): 8:31am On Sep 11, 2022
Bruh... tell us that no offer can be bigger than what tinibu has put on your table.

Simple

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Joevics(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2022
Did anyone asides Tinubu offer him anything before?
He's a great actor and is free to support anyone he like.

159 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by robinso01(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2022
His opinion

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by adigun27: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2022
You have spoken well boss

98 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by AdamuKD: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2022
grin
Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2022
Remember the man who walked from Lagos to Kano for Buhari is now on a wheelchair. Don't support what will destroy you and your family. Just look at the walking corpse you wish Nigerians.

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by AdamuKD: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2022
grin
Yoruba man wey get sense unlike those worthless urchin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by WibusJaga: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2022

Good for you. But no offer can make me support a sick old desperado bat...
-that is suffering from Parkinsonism & Amnesia.
-that can not hold the mic for 30mins & speak coherently on issues affecting the country.
-that lacks integrity & massively bribed delegates to win the primaries.
-that has controversial personality & genealogy.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Africana1123(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2022
Asiwaju is coming

65 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Yoruba1stson: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2022
BAT is unstoppable, nothing can stop me from supporting him

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2022
If not that some people are destined to hate, how on earth could any electorate leave a renowned political accomplisher in Tinubu and decided to pitch his or her tent with a failure?

Funny enough this are people whose ancestors and
progenies have been benefiting from developmental politics bought to play in Lagos by Tinubu after arriving from their erosion ravaged regions with ghana-must-go bags.

Ask them if Tinubu is from their region will they leave him and vote for a mediocre who can't point to a single significant achievement after 8years?

But you know what? Like our incoming president said, we are reducing the volume now, when the election campaign starts proper we will give it to them like never before.

IF YOU TRULY WANT NIGERIA TO GROW, TINUBU IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE AMONG THE MAIN CONTESTANTS THAT CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT, CHECK THE ANTECEDENTS OF THE CONTESTANTS IN TERMS OF GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT AND SUCCESSIONS IN THEIR STATES AND CHOOSE OBJECTIVELY.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by happney65: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2022
You can support Tinubu for all you want. Coupled with the fact that he is an ACN/APC supporter,He has always been in the campaign train of even Oyo ACN from the days of Kate Ajimobi to 2019 campaign of Adelabu.
No big deal about that.
But your first paragraph about he bringing this and that always makes me angry.

Obasanjo has brought better people and nobody brags about it. In 1999,He brought the likes of Okonjo Iweala,who today is the head of the World Trade Organization. if she wants to see Osinbanjo today and Osinbanjo is on his wife, Osinbanjo will run comot asap ni. Obasanjo brought in the best of the best who turned our economy around 360degress better than the ones he described above yet we did not because of that give him the so called third term he wanted.

He brought the likes of Late Dora Akunyile who today is till the best head of Nafdac Nigeria has even had. Late Remi Oyo, Nuhu ribadu, the first chairman of the EFCC, Charles Soludo who started the revitalizing of Nigerian banks and today,Nigerian banks are better and stronger. No Nigerian bank can just go under for no reason. An action that added to our GDP coupled with the Telecommunications revolution of the Obasanjo years. Even Mr Akinwunmi adeshina who today is the head of the African Development Bank is an Obasanjo protege who served under the GEJ administration yet nobody shouts every now and then that he made this and that.

Utter rubbish

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Eriggs: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2022
Some ipob unfortunate pigs will start calling Saheed names now.
And nobody call psquare name for supporting him obi o.

Those online Obi supporters bastards that believe everyone must support their ipob Obituary.
Hypocritical cannibals and terrorists.
Oloriburukus dem, threatening to shoot and murder Nigerians who refused to vote for their terrorist obi.
Brandishing guns online.
Thunda fire una all.
Na fire for fire �
Una go kollect one by one

181 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Lashist(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2022
The only offer this one can get is either from BAT or Atiku...all these small or big celebs dey always think they can influence most persons' decisions...omo una get only 1 vote each...even after bribing some of yoir fans, they will still go there and support who them want

7 Likes

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by zeusdgrt(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2022
AS IF U WERE EVEN NEEDED FOR ANYTHING BEFORE.CLOWN grin

5 Likes

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Viraltrends123: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2022
He has his reason.

To know why some people want obi to be president
Check this post https://www.nairaland.com/7265227/throwback-2012-thread-where-nairalanders

To know why Uju said what she said and why she doesn't like TB Joshua check this posts.
https://www.nairaland.com/7304648/nnamdi-kanu-throwback-go-church

https://www.nairaland.com/7326341/throwback-igbomen-suck-dry-not
Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by slawomir: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Anyone supporting tinubu always sounds stupid

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Eriggs: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
BAT is unstoppable, nothing can stop me from supporting him
Me too

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by bigdammyj: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2022
Noted.
Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by ecolime(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2022
Saheed alatenuje.

Yeye dey smell undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Eriggs: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
You no know pass niggar niggar for every thread ?
U get PVC so?

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Benitoh: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2022
That's your headache and cup of bitter tea.

Bleep off

3 Likes

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by iscom(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2022
OK
Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by LaSenior: 9:05am On Sep 11, 2022
grin

Nobody said you must support Tinubu but coming out to convince us to support Tinubu is where you are going to have alot of problems with people

2 Likes

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by derecho(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2022
One page and already on FP.
Ask am why he's supporting Tinubu na nonsense you go dey hear

2 Likes

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2022
The pay is good, we don't blame you for zombieing

3 Likes

Re: Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu by Dynamicbliss: 9:05am On Sep 11, 2022
When I saw his name I just remember what happened in NYSC camp, when the moderator say SAED, corpers (Especially those from the west) will shout Balogun, never understood it until today grin grin grin grin grin SAED Balogun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Spent N17bn On Failed Quest To Become Buhari’s Running Mate – PDP / Buhari Sends 47 Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate For Approval / 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.