Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? (6753 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Diezani: The London Angle Is A Masterstroke / Photos: Senators Chris Ngige, Ararume Visit To Congratulate Rochas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by PointB: 12:11am On Aug 13, 2011
alj_harem:

OK that aside. abiola is died now

Would u prefer an igbo president or a Nigerian president ?

Is an Igboman not a Nigerian?
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2011
dayokanu:

You know the governors of Ondo and Lagos were NRC? I think even Rivers Rufus Ada George was NRC
^^ Yeah but 3 out of 4 states in core east is not bad at all for 1993.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by PointB: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2011
dayokanu:

You know the governors of Ondo and Lagos were NRC? I think even Rivers Rufus Ada George was NRC

Additionally, [b]voting patterns in the south-west were solidly ethnic [/b]as the overwhelming majority of votes cast were for Abiola. In the south-west mainly Yoruba states of Ogun, Ondo, Osun, and Oyo, Abiola scored crushing victories, and received over 80% of the votes in each of those states. He also received over 85% of the votes in Lagos state.

http://maxsiollun./2008/06/14/june-12-1993-election-full-results/

From your link. The SW voted along tribal line. Do you expect other Zones in the South to also vote likewise? I believe they voted according to their conscience, and there is nothing wrong with that if you ask me. 41% is massive support in politics, more would have been better though. But I will put the blame on Abiola's campaign strategists, not on the willing voters. SW west wouldn't have turn up, if they have nothing at stake (last election for instance).
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by ugostefano(m): 1:19am On Aug 13, 2011
i knew for sure ngige, okoroocha and possiblely ken nnamani have presidential ambitions esp. ngige and okorocha, Goodluck will not return because these governors will outshine him and pick there own for the seat. ngige will either be vp or presido but okorocha is taking apga ticket as presido. make we siddon watch as Goodluck go take handle 2015, his already disappointing many(not surprised).
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by rhymz(m): 2:32am On Aug 13, 2011
Aljaherem
Will you stop distracting us with your very dumb questions steeped with subtle tribalism and bigotry. So an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa president is not Nigerian, right? Where is this Aboki from sef, Pluto?
Your hypocrisy fills my palate with bile every time you surruptituosly try to pit one tribe against another one. Abeg stop the nonsense jare!
As for claims that Igbos did not vote MKO, I personally think that propaganda is stale and has been rubbished by the introduction of the internet and political blogosphere discussions. Abiola got more than the constitutional 25percent requirement in the four S/eastern states, whether he won there or not is immaterial, it is fraudulent for any conclusion of non-support by the Igbos to be drawn on the basis that he could not secure clear cut victories in a majority of the S/eastern states.
It would have been understandable if the case was like Buhari's, who got less than 10percent of the eastern region votes.
Finally, come 2015, the master stroke wont be that of Tinubu to decide but a well thought out alliance with first, the ACN(needs to shed off the Yoruba party toga and the menacing Tinubu grip to be taken seriously in other regions), APGA(like it or not, in the s/east, they are the next best thing after PDP) and other aggrieved element from the Phi Dee Phi(as that is bound to happen come 2015)
But I doubt if Tinubu's ego wont get in the way, as there is bound to be personality clash with say Ngige(who wont want to be as docile and behind the scenes as Ribadu) .
Aljaherem
Will you stop distracting us with your very dumb questions steeped with subtle tribalism and bigotry. So an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa president is not Nigerian, right? Where is this Aboki from sef, Pluto?
Your hypocrisy fills my palate with bile every time you surruptituosly try to pit one tribe against another one. Abeg stop the nonsense jare!
As for claims that Igbos did not vote MKO, I personally think that propaganda is stale and has been rubbished by the introduction of the internet and political blogosphere discussions. Abiola got more than the constitutional 25percent requirement in the four S/eastern states, whether he won there or not is immaterial, it is fraudulent for any conclusion of non-support by the Igbos to be drawn on the basis that he could not secure clear cut victories in a majority of the S/eastern states.
It would have been understandable if the case was like Buhari's, who got less than 10percent of the eastern region votes.
Finally, come 2015, the master stroke wont be that of Tinubu to decide but a well thought out alliance with first, the ACN(needs to shed off the Yoruba party toga and the menacing Tinubu grip to be taken seriously in other regions), APGA(like it or not, in the s/east, they are the next best thing after PDP) and other aggrieved element from the Phi Dee Phi(as that is bound to happen come 2015)
But I doubt if Tinubu's ego wont get in the way, as there is bound to be personality clash with say Ngige(who wont want to be as docile and behind the scenes as Ribadu) .
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 4:34am On Aug 13, 2011
rhymz:

But I doubt if Tinubu's ego wont get in the way, as there is bound to be personality clash with say Ngige(who wont want to be as docile and behind the scenes as Ribadu).
When is this nonsense about Yoruba Party going to stop? It is mainly Igbos who call ACN Yoruba party. ACN has never fielded a Yoruba candidate for president. The last two ACN flagbearers were Atiku and Ribadu. Is it ACN's fault that they didn't sweep the SE? ACN candidates came out in the SE but Igbos didn't vote for most of them. APGA is the only ethnic party in Nigeria because unlike CPC, ANPP and ACN, it didn't even bother to venture out of the SE.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 4:44am On Aug 13, 2011
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 5:08am On Aug 13, 2011
IMO, Ngige stands a far better chance than Okorocha because there's no way Okorocha is winning in APGA. Even if he leaves APGA for PDP, there's no freaking way he can come from APGA and snatch the ticket from Sambo, Bukola Saraki, Sule Lamido, Aliyu Babangida and Co. No Freakn Way!
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Onlytruth(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2011
^^

So, what is your point? First you tried to shout to the roof top that it is the turn of the North. Now you are trying to shoot down Okorocha. The question is, would you vote for Ngige even if he runs under ACN?
If the answer is yes, simply say so. If not say so as well. No one is oblivious of the realities of ethnic suspicions in Nigeria.
What the poster hoped is that it would be surmounted with a ticket like Ngige's under ACN.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by igboboy1(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2011
lagcity:

When is this nonsense about Yoruba Party going to stop? It is mainly Igbos who call ACN Yoruba party. ACN has never fielded a Yoruba candidate for president. The last two ACN flagbearers were Atiku and Ribadu. Is it ACN's fault that they didn't sweep the SE? ACN candidates came out in the SE but Igbos didn't vote for most of them. APGA is the only ethnic party in Nigeria because unlike CPC, ANPP and ACN, it didn't even bother to venture out of the SE.

plain truth it is a yoruba party, who is fooling who?
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:33am On Aug 13, 2011
The truth is ACN is no mor powerful dan APGA. Just becos ACN scored a cheap victory in its own backyard by playing the tribal card doesn't mean APGA can't do the same in a free and fair election come 2015. With Okorocha as the Presidential candidate, APGA will not only sweep the southeast but certain South South States.

Wat reasons do Igbo's have to vote a regional party like ACN dat has been tribalised wen Igbo's have APGA. The truthh is Okorocha is the consensus candidate of the east and Fashola not Ngige is the consensus candidate of the west. They will have to contend with a PDP candiadte and together Nigeria has moved into a three party state.

Okorocha stands a better chance dan Ngige in sweepin the east and south south states, if he cntest with a mid-state candidate from Kwara or Abuja.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by igbogolo: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2011
Surprising no one is giving serious thought to the RIGHT candidate, irrespective of geological affiliations, that can move this country forward. No body is talking about the right person to tackle the issues in the country. If by now we are able to produce a 4 paged response filled with Tinubu, Atiku, Fashola, David Mark, Okorocha, Ngige, North West, North North, South East, south West, Down Down, Up down, Nyansh Nyansh, then something is seriously wrong somewhere.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Onlytruth(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2011
Posted by: igbogolo

Surprising no one is giving serious thought to the RIGHT candidate, irrespective of geological affiliations, that can move this country forward. No body is talking about the right person to tackle the issues in the country. If by now we are able to produce a 4 paged response filled with Tinubu, Atiku, Fashola, David Mark, Okorocha, Ngige, North West, North North, South East, south West, Down Down, Up down, Nyansh Nyansh,  then something is seriously wrong

Your observation is halfway correct. I say halfway because I have a concrete reason (and I suspect others do too) for supporting him. The only reason why I support a candidate such as Ngige is because he is the hidden GEM of Nigerian leadership right now. The man comes packed with all the qualities you would need in a successful Nigerian president; and they are as follows:

(1) Highly intelligent
(2) Politically savvy and witty
(3) Action man per excellence; more action less talking (Isn't that what ACN says it wants?)
(4) Calm and Collected (never loses his temper)
(5) Iron will and determination (to outlast the competition)
(6) A man of humble mien (to douse the flames of egoism killing Nigeria)
(7) A proven executive with concrete achievements while in office (go to Anamrba state and see for yourself what he did in less than 3 years).

These seven attributes set Gov Chris N. Ngige (CNN) apart from other would be challengers as far as the presidential race is concerned. The only question is whether ACN leadership can see these things and realize that it has a GEM ready to be marketed to the nation, and in so doing kill many birds with one stone.
Onwa, your record speaks for itself.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Reference(m): 10:42am On Aug 13, 2011
igbogolo:

Surprising no one is giving serious thought to the RIGHT candidate, irrespective of geological affiliations, that can move this country forward. No body is talking about the right person to tackle the issues in the country. If by now we are able to produce a 4 paged response filled with Tinubu, Atiku, Fashola, David Mark, Okorocha, Ngige, North West, North North, South East, south West, Down Down, Up down, Nyansh Nyansh,  then something is seriously wrong somewhere.

Yes, but the main issue that besets this country is structural. You cannot have any sort of development without structural adjustments that enshrines equality for all sections of the country. As long as government remains the biggest boy in the class, politics remains important and as such political office holders especially at the very top. That is not ideal but its true. So as I have always said there are two parts of the country, the government and the people. The people have to create their own destiny. The government has to ensure we are alive to see it.

For your choice leader to be effective in delivering the utopia we all desire he needs the full co-operation of all Nigerians involved whether they be issues of good governance, anti corruption, creating institutions and economic enterprise we all have to pull together but if you have certain sections of the country feeling alienated on account of not having tasted real power it will be like putting on an airconditioner and opening the windows, little effect. Let me be practical here.

If we say we want total and absolute anti-corruption then you must exclude the Niger-Delta. Why, because they have seen resources being dragged from under their feet and corruptly manipulated by peoples of other geo-zones both for personal and sectional development at their expense. They feel its their time now. So how can you argue that. after chopping their resources suddenly you want to preach prudence to them. No way.

2. Do we realistically expect for instance an Igbo man to lay down life and limb in any venture or theatre for this country Nigeria when the issues that led to the civil war have not been addressed and forty years later people are still being killed in certain sections of the country. This is why the Igbo man excels in his business and his business alone. Nigeria should not expect anything from them. You cannot reap from the Ndigbo what you have not sown in justice both legal and social. There are so many examples in the middle-belt, west and other places. That is why the forces that seek to split this country are far stronger than those that seek its unity. Even if our GDP rises to that of Switzerland there will still be discontentment. Money does not cover everything you know.

I could remember the 2000 Olympics and what happened to that lady Aborigine gold medal winner and all the furore that incident caused both in Australia and her amongst her natives. There you are winning things for a country that marginalizes your people. It doesn't work.

I tell you a lot of things will naturally fall in place when and if there is equality in Nigeria, proper social justice where no appointment is a given and no section is viewed as the political mule that pulls the plough. So glad things are changing and serious political equations are being calculated. A decade ago it would be a dead rubber. North versus South and north means hausa-fulani while south will be a scramble for crumbs going to the dog that barks louder. This is exactly why I personally preferred the candidature of GEJ to Buhari not that the latter is not qualified but the fact that nothing meaningful will change. Just sideways movement. He alone cannot possible change Nigeria. He needs the active co-operation of all sections. All parts of the Nigerian engine need to be firing to be able to tackle our grave situation. The ND has got it. In five or ten years time there will be no excuse coming from that section as to why it is not co-operating. The yoruba have had it and that's why they seek to better the nation through co-operation with others. Are they selfishly seeking the presidency in the short term, no. That is the benefit.

You tell me to come sacrifice to right this country when I have not benefited anything from it. I say a big no. Let the debate continue. The country is slowly changing.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by rhymz(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2011
lagcity:

guy relax! It is not just the Igbos that sees the ACN as a tribal party but also tribes of other region. The fact the ACN got a landslide victory limited only to the whole of the SWestern states lends credence to my argument.
lagcity:

guy relax! It is not just the Igbos that sees the ACN as a tribal party but also tribes of other region. The fact the ACN got a landslide victory limited only to the whole of the SWestern states lends credence to my argument.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Myself2(m): 11:46am On Aug 13, 2011
alj harem link=topic=732962.msg8912522#msg8912522 date:

i dey laff    

On a serious note and please 2015 is for the north

although WE AS NIGERIANS  should vote for the best candidate to win. Lets leave all this ethnic, zone etc out of it

The north will produce a candidate David mark, and ma the best candidate win

shikena
Hope there will be constitutional amendment that will usher in true federalism by 2015,so each state will tap and exploit the resources deposited in their lands and only pay tax to the federal government,let's see how attractive the presidency will be by then.
Bloody parasites
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by houvest: 11:48am On Aug 13, 2011
@ Onlytruth. I am really wondering at how this issue is taking your time. Are we so forgetful? Tell me again who fielded Ribadu few months ago and who voted for him. Nuff said.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by PointB: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2011
Reference:

Yes, but the main issue that besets this country is structural. You cannot have any sort of development without structural adjustments that enshrines equality for all sections of the country. As long as government remains the biggest boy in the class, politics remains important and as such political office holders especially at the very top. That is not ideal but its true. So as I have always said there are two parts of the country, the government and the people. The people have to create their own destiny. The government has to ensure we are alive to see it.

For your choice leader to be effective in delivering the utopia we all desire he needs the full co-operation of all Nigerians involved whether they be issues of good governance, anti corruption, creating institutions and economic enterprise we all have to pull together but if you have certain sections of the country feeling alienated on account of not having tasted real power it will be like putting on an airconditioner and opening the windows, little effect. Let me be practical here.

If we say we want total and absolute anti-corruption then you must exclude the Niger-Delta. Why, because they have seen resources being dragged from under their feet and corruptly manipulated by peoples of other geo-zones both for personal and sectional development at their expense. They feel its their time now. So how can you argue that. after chopping their resources suddenly you want to preach prudence to them. No way.

2. Do we realistically expect for instance an Igbo man to lay down life and limb in any venture or theatre for this country Nigeria when the issues that led to the civil war have not been addressed and forty years later people are still being killed in certain sections of the country. This is why the Igbo man excels in his business and his business alone. Nigeria should not expect anything from them. You cannot reap from the Ndigbo what you have not sown in justice both legal and social. There are so many examples in the middle-belt, west and other places. That is why the forces that seek to split this country are far stronger than those that seek its unity. Even if our GDP rises to that of Switzerland there will still be discontentment. Money does not cover everything you know.

I could remember the 2000 Olympics and what happened to that lady Aborigine gold medal winner and all the furore that incident caused both in Australia and her amongst her natives. There you are winning things for a country that marginalizes your people. It doesn't work.

I tell you a lot of things will naturally fall in place when and if there is equality in Nigeria, proper social justice where no appointment is a given and no section is viewed as the political mule that pulls the plough. So glad things are changing and serious political equations are being calculated. A decade ago it would be a dead rubber. North versus South and north means hausa-fulani while south will be a scramble for crumbs going to the dog that barks louder. This is exactly why I personally preferred the candidature of GEJ to Buhari not that the latter is not qualified but the fact that nothing meaningful will change. Just sideways movement. He alone cannot possible change Nigeria. He needs the active co-operation of all sections. All parts of the Nigerian engine need to be firing to be able to tackle our grave situation. The ND has got it. In five or ten years time there will be no excuse coming from that section as to why it is not co-operating. The yoruba have had it and that's why they seek to better the nation through co-operation with others. Are they selfishly seeking the presidency in the short term, no. That is the benefit.

You tell me to come sacrifice to right this country when I have not benefited anything from it. I say a big no. Let the debate continue. The country is slowly changing.

Word!
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by rhymz(m): 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2011
houvest:

@ Onlytruth. I am really wondering at how this issue is taking your time. Are we so forgetful? Tell me again who fielded Ribadu few months ago and who voted for him. Nuff said.
and your point is
Ribadu was a big joke that not even the fact that he was flying the ACN flag could win him the SW votes. The fact that the ACN under the leadership of Tinubu settled for Ribadu as against a more porpular candidate from say the east or even Buhari( who was a powerful force to deal with)only goes to show that the mechanism in the ACN for the emergence of its candidates especially, presidential candidate is flawed, parochial and tyrannical. We all were witnesses to the arm-twisting demands that collapsed the possibilities of any serious party alliances. How one man almost single-handedly was making demands on his own terms in the guise of representing the Yoruba tribe, while the main characters involved were rendered "siddon look spectators" in a matter that they would have taken the front seat. At a point, I was having problems differentiating what the party stands for- yoruba political ideals and preservation or a wholistic national democratic principle. ACN will remain an annex of the Afenifere until they learn to handle affairs in a democratic manner that excludes any tribal consideration but emphasize more on national considerations and spread. Decision making wont have to be the sole privilege of one man just because he bankrolls the party.
houvest:

and your point is
Ribadu was a big joke that not even the fact that he was flying the ACN flag could win him the SW votes. The fact that the ACN under the leadership of Tinubu settled for Ribadu as against a more porpular candidate from say the east or even Buhari( who was a powerful force to deal with)only goes to show that the mechanism in the ACN for the emergence of its candidates especially, presidential candidate is flawed, parochial and tyrannical. We all were witnesses to the arm-twisting demands that collapsed the possibilities of any serious party alliances. How one man almost single-handedly was making demands on his own terms in the guise of representing the Yoruba tribe, while the main characters involved were rendered "siddon look spectators" in a matter that they would have taken the front seat. At a point, I was having problems differentiating what the party stands for- yoruba political ideals and preservation or a wholistic national democratic principle. ACN will remain an annex of the Afenifere until they learn to handle affairs in a democratic manner that excludes any tribal consideration but emphasize more on national considerations and spread. Decision making wont have to be the sole privilege of one man just because he bankrolls the party.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by houvest: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2011
And your point is that the scenario has changed or did you end up agreeing with me? SMH. If so, keep dreaming. Those who do not learn from history are condenmned to the same experience.

rhymz:

and your point is
Ribadu was a big joke that not even the fact that he was flying the ACN flag could win him the SW votes. The fact that the ACN under the leadership of Tinubu settled for Ribadu as against a more porpular candidate from say the east or even Buhari( who was a powerful force to deal with)only goes to show that the mechanism in the ACN for the emergence of its candidates especially, presidential candidate is flawed, parochial and tyrannical. We all were witnesses to the arm-twisting demands that collapsed the possibilities of any serious party alliances. How one man almost single-handedly was making demands on his own terms in the guise of representing the Yoruba tribe, while the main characters involved were rendered "siddon look spectators" in a matter that they would have taken the front seat. At a point, I was having problems differentiating what the party stands for- yoruba political ideals and preservation or a wholistic national democratic principle. ACN will remain an annex of the Afenifere until they learn to handle affairs in a democratic manner that excludes any tribal consideration but emphasize more on national considerations and spread. Decision making wont have to be the sole privilege of one man just because he bankrolls the party.and your point is

Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2011
It doesn't take a genius to see why the Presidency is eluding the south east. How can any sane person even consider ACN as a platform to win the Presidency of Nigeria, i am yet to understand. 2015 is not a do or die for the southeast. Wat is important is to build on the success of GEJ to position for VP, Senate President and APGA decisive victory in South South States and Certain Northern Territory. Central Territory like Kwara, Abuja or even Kogi.

This will go along way not to box APGA as a regional party like ACN. Winning all 5 or possibly six south east state is not priority becos dat would be too easy for now. APGA has more dan enough time to make dis organisation  and structural reform. 2015 we support David Mark and Okonjo or vice versa, while Okorocha serve two term and transform Imo in preparation for the next general election.

If APGA must field a candidate, it should be Peter Obi, while ACN field Fashola. I doubt ACN will field Fashola 2015 becos the party itself is not riped for Nigeria Presidency, so they are likely to Offer Ngige to front ACN as a Natioanal Party(Detribalised) in preparation for 2019 or 21 wen dey present Fashola.

Dis is Politics not charity.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by PointB: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2011
^^^
Peter Obi, though a shrewd administrator, he does not have as much appeal as Ngige and Rochas on the national front. He would be hard-sell.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2011
Dat is the idea, if APGA must present a candidate in 2015. There is no reason Southeast or Southsouth should support any core North Candidate from PDP apart from Mark. Apga support for David Mark with an Igbo VP (Okonjo) or vice versa, should be based on the Presidency coming South East after his tenure.

Alternatively, if a core Northerner wins PDP ticket and ACN presents Ngige as its presidential candidate, den Ohaneze shoul embark on a diplomatic romance with the Afenifere, whilst our state gov embark on an equally diplomatic romance with southwest Gov. The campaign in the south and middle belt should be relentless and Ngige will prevail with ACN.

Perhaps APGA and ACN can den merge into a new unity party.

Furthermore, if ACN presents Fashola and PDP presents a core Northerner den APGA is left with no choice but to present Okorocha for the Presidency.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by rhymz(m): 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2011
At Houvest
Unless I did not get you the first time, I thought you were of the opinion that the "Me, myself and I" politics of the SW is changing or has changed, and your reference to Ribadu was to butress that point.
Anyway, I would like to see an all inclusive ACN if an Igbo must emerge as the party's candidate, the selfish politics of first putting oneself(because you are the sole financier of the party) as the flagbearer and later putting a docile replacement when it was clear nobody wants you must stop. Any agreement of alliance with other party and interest groups must be based on broader issues than for instance, the VP must be yoruba or that a post-dated later must be signed to ensure compliance of some selfish agreements and demands.
The reflections of decisions reached must be seen to be based on strong issues that will move both the party and the nation forward. Besides, the party needs to do more to attract diverse financiers to whittle down emperor Tinubu's highhandedness. And there should be a clear cut difference between what the party stands for and the Afenifere stands for, sometimes, i find it difficult to differentiate which is which.At Houvest
Unless I did not get you the first time, I thought you were of the opinion that the "Me, myself and I" politics of the SW is changing or has changed, and your reference to Ribadu was to butress that point.
Anyway, I would like to see an all inclusive ACN if an Igbo must emerge as the party's candidate, the selfish politics of first putting oneself(because you are the sole financier of the party) as the flagbearer and later putting a docile replacement when it was clear nobody wants you must stop. Any agreement of alliance with other party and interest groups must be based on broader issues than for instance, the VP must be yoruba or that a post-dated later must be signed to ensure compliance of some selfish agreements and demands.
The reflections of decisions reached must be seen to be based on strong issues that will move both the party and the nation forward. Besides, the party needs to do more to attract diverse financiers to whittle down emperor Tinubu's highhandedness. And there should be a clear cut difference between what the party stands for and the Afenifere stands for, sometimes, i find it difficult to differentiate which is which.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by estatemark(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2011
I thought this is 2011 ( or i am missing some thing undecided
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

So, what is your point? First you tried to shout to the roof top that it is the turn of the North. Now you are trying to shoot down Okorocha. The question is, would you vote for Ngige even if he runs under ACN?
If the answer is yes, simply say so. If not say so as well. No one is oblivious of the realities of ethnic suspicions in Nigeria.
What the poster hoped is that it would be surmounted with a ticket like Ngige's under ACN.

Only truth, i take it that you don't know what chance means. I said Ngige has a better chance than Okorocha, not that Ngige is going to be president. Ngige stands better chance than Okorocha; Okorocha stands a better chance than Ohakim, Ohakim stands a better chance than my Suya Seller. Get it? Chance is the word here, no need to get hot under the collar.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2011
estatemark:

I thought this is 2011 ( or i am missing some thing undecided

it is not too early to start discussing and guessing how things will go. Afterall, this will affect a lot of lives.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

It doesn't take a genius to see why the Presidency is eluding the south east. How can any sane person even consider ACN as a platform to win the Presidency of Nigeria, i am yet to understand. 2015 is not a do or die for the southeast. Wat is important is to build on the success of GEJ to position for VP, Senate President and APGA decisive victory in South South States and Certain Northern Territory. Central Territory like Kwara, Abuja or even Kogi.

This will go along way not to box APGA as a regional party like ACN. Winning all 5 or possibly six south east state is not priority becos dat would be too easy for now. APGA has more dan enough time to make dis organisation and structural reform. 2015 we support David Mark and Okonjo or vice versa, while Okorocha serve two term and transform Imo in preparation for the next general election.

If APGA must field a candidate, it should be Peter Obi, while ACN field Fashola. I doubt ACN will field Fashola 2015 becos the party itself is not riped for Nigeria Presidency, so they are likely to Offer Ngige to front ACN as a Natioanal Party(Detribalised) in preparation for 2019 or 21 wen dey present Fashola.

are u kidding me? the truth is that APGA is a SE party. It is too late for rebranding.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by LogicPower(m): 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: igbogolo

----These seven attributes set Gov Chris N. Ngige (CNN) apart from other would be challengers as far as the presidential race is concerned. The only question is whether ACN leadership can see these things and realize that it has a GEM ready to be marketed to the nation, and in so doing kill many birds with one stone.

Your personal assessment of Ngige might be accurate, but what if Tinubu and Lai Mohammed  get paid so handsomely again, in cash or in kind, and they make a Ribadu out of your favourite candidate after they adopted him? No matter how qualified you think Ngige is, it is quite possible, if not likely, that he might end up getting as much support among the Yorubas as Ribadu got in 2011, which was zero support!

And even if we were to disregard what Tinubu might do or fail to do, I do not personally believe that an average Yoruba voter would trust an Ngige in 2015 more than he/she (dis)trusted a Ribadu in the last election.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2011
LogicPower:

Your personal assessment of Ngige might be accurate, but what if Tinubu and Lai Mohammed get paid so handsomely again, in cash or in kind, and they make a Ribadu out of your favourite candidate after they adopted him? No matter how qualified you think Ngige is, it is quite possible, if not likely, that he might end up getting as much support among the Yorubas as Ribadu got in 2011, which was zero support!

And even if we were to disregard what Tinubu might do or fail to do, I do not personally believe that an average Yoruba voter would trust an Ngige in 2015 more than he/she (dis)trusted a Ribadu in the last election.
hey! Ribadu got Osun State grin grin grin grin

So, what is the way forward now, wise one?
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by aljharem3: 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2011
rhymz:

Aljaherem
Will you stop distracting us with your very dumb questions steeped with subtle  tribalism and bigotry. So an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa president is not Nigerian, right? Where is this Aboki from sef, Pluto?
As for claims that Igbos did not vote MKO, I personally think that propaganda is stale and has been rubbished by the introduction of the internet and political blogosphere  discussions. Abiola got more than the constitutional 25percent requirement in the four S/eastern states, whether he won there or not is immaterial, it is fraudulent for any conclusion of non-support by the Igbos to be drawn on the basis that he could not secure clear cut victories in a majority of the S/eastern states.
Finally, come 2015, the master stroke wont be that of Tinubu to decide but a well thought out alliance with first, the ACN(needs to shed off the Yoruba party  toga and the menacing Tinubu grip to be taken seriously in other regions), APGA(like it or not, in the s/east, they are the next best thing after PDP) and other aggrieved element from the Phi Dee Phi(as that is bound to happen come 2015)
Aljaherem
Will you stop distracting us with your very dumb questions steeped with subtle  tribalism and bigotry. So an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa president is not Nigerian, right? Where is this Aboki from sef, Pluto?
As for claims that Igbos did not vote MKO, I personally think that propaganda is stale and has been rubbished by the introduction of the internet and political blogosphere  discussions. Abiola got more than the constitutional 25percent requirement in the four S/eastern states, whether he won there or not is immaterial, it is fraudulent for any conclusion of non-support by the Igbos to be drawn on the basis that he could not secure clear cut victories in a majority of the S/eastern states.
Finally, come 2015, the master stroke wont be that of Tinubu to decide but a well thought out alliance with first, the ACN(needs to shed off the Yoruba party  toga and the menacing Tinubu grip to be taken seriously in other regions), APGA(like it or not, in the s/east, they are the next best thing after PDP) and other aggrieved element from the Phi Dee Phi(as that is bound to happen come 2015)

LOL here is my taking

1. Tinubu does not control the SW or yorubas. You people have to get that

2. ACN is not a yoruba party because it won seats in edo, anambra, benue and next election states like sokoto awka ibom and borno would be ACN taking, Mark my words. Unlike APGA that is only in the SE.PLEAS TELL ME ANY OTHER STATE APGA WON IN ?

you can correct me

3. Hausa/igbo/yoruba are not the only Nigerians. We have ibibio, kanuri, tiv etc that can do a better job than hausa/igbo/yoruba. Then I asked; DO WE WANT AN IGBO/YORUBA/HAUSA president or dowe want A NIGERIAN PRESIDENT LIKE BUHARI SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Please answer the question

4. ACN and APGA WOULD NEVER EVER JOIN TO FORM A UNITARY PARTY. I am not cursing you people but this is a fact and I also stand to be corrected. Yoruba and Igbo are like oil and water, they can never mixed unless when cooked and the cooking in this case is if an outer comes to treaten yorubas and igbos, then they unite. Otherwise You people would never unite. too much bad blood between una

5. Tinubu can not lay down his pride for APGA, and even if he wants to, IT WOULD BE very very STU.PID of him to do so as he at the every advantage right now and APGA HAS NOTHING TO OFFER HIM. he has 3 states outside the SW zone and would get more next election.

He is rubbing shoulders with jonathan, OBJ, Ibb, Atiku and buhari etc No one in APGA has such powers even if the whole party combine, they can not do the same.

6. Fashola is more appealing to us the MASSES than any tribal president. If Ngige or Rochas surprise us by surpassing fashola's achievement then they stand a bargaining right.

lastly, the VP position is also very vry important. If lets say the North is going for presidentcy, then the VP must be from the SE for them to win

if the West is going for it, then the VP must be from the NE

if the SE is going for it the VP must be form NC/NW/NE

So the east is full of choices and this choices would tell us Nigerians if we are going to vote for them or not
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by aljharem3: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

T[b]his will go along way not to box APGA as a regional party like ACN[/b]. Winning all 5 or possibly six south east state is not priority becos dat would be too easy for now. APGA has more dan enough time to make dis organisation  and structural reform. 2015 we support David Mark and Okonjo or vice versa, while Okorocha serve two term and transform Imo in preparation for the next general election.

blisse

I would like to correct ur misinfomaton

ACN is not a regional party as it won edo, anambra, kogi, benue, also awka ibom and has popularity in borno, kwara, kogi, niger sokoto and kano

APGA is a regional as they won seats only in the SE.

please stop ur lies. moreover u are in UK how do u know which is a regional party and which is not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC VS PDP Battle Of The Hips ukwu: SEE The 32 Finalist For The 2015 Miss UKWU!! / Buhari Not Sympathetic To Killer Herdsmen – Presidency / Senator-elect Uche Ekwunife Storms Nightclub In Awka, Anambra State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.