Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? (6752 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Diezani: The London Angle Is A Masterstroke / Photos: Senators Chris Ngige, Ararume Visit To Congratulate Rochas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Desola(f): 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2011
Muhahaha, okoro parapo. grin

ACN is an ethnic party yet in their backyard, Tony Oneweek won under the flagship of ACN not to mention Ngige.

Ermmm, Edo nko? Even middle beltans came out to show support during the last election.

Okay, we siddon, we dey look.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2011
Desola:

Muhahaha, okoro [size=18pt]parapo[/size]. grin

A group of peeps already have claim to that o angry
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by jookco(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2011
While I appreciate all your strategies here, but y'all do not mention Anyim Pius Anyim as a possible Candidate for PDP, or don't you think all this new power vested on Anyim is to groom him to run for office come 2015, lets consider this Anyim  choose a North Central Vice Presidential Candidate will certainly give him the vote.

Can't wait for 2015
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by aljharem3: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2011
Desola:

ACN is an ethnic party yet in their backyard, Tony Oneweek won under the flagship of ACN not to mention Ngige.

Ermmm, Edo nko? Even middle beltans came out to show support during the last election.

Okay, we siddon, we dey look.

my point exactly

APGA has nothing to offer ACN

best look at CPC or any northern party. But if APGA goes to the north, then they have to settle for VP which i think is a smart move IMO

then after VP, SE can look for presidency

unless there is a miracle of ACN AND APGA meeting and ACN loves APGA so much that SW and other ACN states gave APGA there support

even at that SS would vote along with the north. so it is a win win issue here
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by aljharem3: 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2011
jookco:

While I appreciate all your strategies here, but y'all do not mention Anyim Pius Anyim as a possible Candidate for PDP, or don't you think all this new power vested on Anyim is to groom him to run for office come 2015, lets consider this Anyim  choose a North Central Vice Presidential Candidate will certainly give him the vote.

Can't wait for 2015

Ngige , alex and ken nnamdi stands a better chance than anyim

anyim is not really popular outside his ebonyi state, but then again who knows tomorrow
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Onlytruth(m): 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2011
Posted by: Bliss4Lyfe

Dat is the idea, if APGA must present a candidate in 2015. There is no reason Southeast or Southsouth should support any core North Candidate from PDP apart from Mark. Apga support for[b] David Mark [/b]with an Igbo VP (Okonjo) or vice versa, should be based on the Presidency coming South East after his tenure.

Alternatively, if a core Northerner wins PDP ticket and ACN presents Ngige as its presidential candidate, den Ohaneze shoul embark on a diplomatic romance with the Afenifere, whilst our state gov embark on an equally diplomatic romance with southwest Gov. The campaign in the south and middle belt should be relentless and Ngige will prevail with ACN.

Perhaps APGA and ACN can den merge into a new unity party.

Furthermore, if ACN presents Fashola and PDP presents a core Northerner den APGA is left with no choice but to present Okorocha for the Presidency.

The major flaw in your analysis is David Mark.
Frankly I don't believe any sound politician in the SE would support his candidature even if we decide to cede this chance to the North. He has failed as a senate president, with no major amendment to the constitution credited to him.
He is just a lame duck collecting his own "egunje" from the executive.
Tell me ONE thing David Mark stands for.

Your other observations are correct IMHO.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by rhymz(m): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL here is my taking

1. Tinubu does not control the SW or yorubas. You people have to get that

2. ACN is not a yoruba party because it won seats in edo, anambra, benue and next election states like sokoto awka ibom and borno would be ACN taking, Mark my words. Unlike APGA that is only in the SE.PLEAS TELL ME ANY OTHER STATE APGA WON IN ?

you can correct me

3. Hausa/igbo/yoruba are not the only Nigerians. We have ibibio, kanuri, tiv etc that can do a better job than hausa/igbo/yoruba. Then I asked; DO WE WANT AN IGBO/YORUBA/HAUSA president or dowe want A NIGERIAN PRESIDENT LIKE BUHARI SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Please answer the question

4. ACN and APGA WOULD NEVER EVER JOIN TO FORM A UNITARY PARTY. I am not cursing you people but this is a fact and I also stand to be corrected. Yoruba and Igbo are like oil and water, they can never mixed unless when cooked and the cooking in this case is if an outer comes to treaten yorubas and igbos, then they unite. Otherwise You people would never unite. too much bad blood between una

5. Tinubu can not lay down his pride for APGA, and even if he wants to, IT WOULD BE very very STU.PID of him to do so as he at the every advantage right now and APGA HAS NOTHING TO OFFER HIM. he has 3 states outside the SW zone and would get more next election.

He is rubbing shoulders with jonathan, OBJ, Ibb, Atiku and buhari etc No one in APGA has such powers even if the whole party combine, they can not do the same.

6. Fashola is more appealing to us the MASSES than any tribal president. If Ngige or Rochas surprise us by surpassing fashola's achievement then they stand a bargaining right.

lastly, the VP position is also very vry important. If lets say the North is going for presidentcy, then the VP must be from the SE for them to win

if the West is going for it, then the VP must be from the NE

if the SE is going for it the VP must be form NC/NW/NE

So the east is full of choices and this choices would tell us Nigerians if we are going to vote for them or not

No matter how hard an Aboki tries to be discerning, he will always betray the lameness in his thought process and make nonsense of his own logic by the time he is through with his lame arguements.
Tinubu does not control the SW or the Yoruba, yet in thesame breath you are arguing how the SE and SW will never mix cos emperor Tinubu will never lay his pride for APGA and how stupid it will be of him, if he even did it. Don't you see how you contradict yourself like a slowpoke all the time? Your hypocrisy is even worse as it lacks any refinement in its form of disguise; there you are jeering at Igbo and Yoruba inability to cooperate and achieve a goal while you hypocritically talk down on igbo presidency and instead presented other nigerian tribes, you did not forget to lend your phony logic to the possibilities of NE, NW,NC and SW becoming president while the SE plays second fiddle. Murfacking hypocritical cretin trying to sneak a candy bar like that fools anyone. Abeg go siddon jare, abokis and their malu logic.
alj_harem:

LOL here is my taking

1. Tinubu does not control the SW or yorubas. You people have to get that

2. ACN is not a yoruba party because it won seats in edo, anambra, benue and next election states like sokoto awka ibom and borno would be ACN taking, Mark my words. Unlike APGA that is only in the SE.PLEAS TELL ME ANY OTHER STATE APGA WON IN ?

you can correct me

3. Hausa/igbo/yoruba are not the only Nigerians. We have ibibio, kanuri, tiv etc that can do a better job than hausa/igbo/yoruba. Then I asked; DO WE WANT AN IGBO/YORUBA/HAUSA president or dowe want A NIGERIAN PRESIDENT LIKE BUHARI SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Please answer the question

4. ACN and APGA WOULD NEVER EVER JOIN TO FORM A UNITARY PARTY. I am not cursing you people but this is a fact and I also stand to be corrected. Yoruba and Igbo are like oil and water, they can never mixed unless when cooked and the cooking in this case is if an outer comes to treaten yorubas and igbos, then they unite. Otherwise You people would never unite. too much bad blood between una

5. Tinubu can not lay down his pride for APGA, and even if he wants to, IT WOULD BE very very STU.PID of him to do so as he at the every advantage right now and APGA HAS NOTHING TO OFFER HIM. he has 3 states outside the SW zone and would get more next election.

He is rubbing shoulders with jonathan, OBJ, Ibb, Atiku and buhari etc No one in APGA has such powers even if the whole party combine, they can not do the same.

6. Fashola is more appealing to us the MASSES than any tribal president. If Ngige or Rochas surprise us by surpassing fashola's achievement then they stand a bargaining right.

lastly, the VP position is also very vry important. If lets say the North is going for presidentcy, then the VP must be from the SE for them to win

So the east is full of choices and this choices would tell us Nigerians if we are going to vote for them or not

No matter how hard an Aboki tries to be discerning, he will always betray the lameness in his thought process and make nonsense of his own logic by the time he is through with his lame arguements.
Tinubu does not control the SW or the Yoruba, yet in thesame breath you are arguing how the SE and SW will never mix cos emperor Tinubu will never lay his pride for APGA and how stupid it will be of him, if he even did it. Don't you see how you contradict yourself like a slowpoke all the time? Your hypocrisy is even worse as it lacks any refinement in its form of disguise; there you are jeering at Igbo and Yoruba inability to cooperate and achieve a goal while you hypocritically talk down on igbo presidency and instead presented other nigerian tribes, you did not forget to lend your phony logic to the possibilities of NE, NW,NC and SW becoming president while the SE plays second fiddle. Murfacking hypocritical cretin trying to sneak a candy bar like that fools anyone. Abeg go siddon jare, abokis and their malu logic.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by aljharem3: 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2011
rhymz:

Tinubu does not control the SW or the Yoruba, yet in thesame breath you are arguing how the SE and SW will never mix cos emperor Tinubu will never lay his pride for APGA and how silly it will be of him, if he even did it. Don't you see how you contradict yourself like a slowpoke all the time? Your hypocrisy is even worse as it lacks any refinement in its form of disguise; there you are jeering at Igbo and Yoruba inability to cooperate and achieve a goal while you hypocritically talk down on igbo presidency and instead presented other nigerian tribes, you did not forget to lend your phony logic to the possibilities of NE, NW,NC and SW becoming president while the SE plays second fiddle. Murfacking hypocritical cretin trying to sneak a candy bar like that fools anyone. Abeg go siddon jare, abokis and their malu logic.

see insults all on me grin grin grin My brother we are discussing now

1. Tinubu does not control SW and he is no emperor

2. ACN and APGA cannot unite as APGA has nothing to offer ACN, again i stand to be corrected

3. Tinubu can deliver ACN votes but not SW. the reality is the those ACN people in power from amosun to fashola were all loved by the people and not love for tinubu or ACN. Ngige was loved by anambra people and not ACN per say

4. I said the SE can be the president. I never said otherwise. I said the ball in there court. believe this

the VP position is also very vry important. If lets say the North is going for presidentcy, then the VP must be from the SE for them to win

Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Onlytruth(m): 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2011
Onwa Anambra is the hidden GOLD in ACN.
If the party is serious about mounting a serious challenge for the presidency, CNN is their only choice.

CNN is a seasoned politician and an action executive. cool

Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by lagcity(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Onwa Anambra is the hidden GOLD in ACN.
If the party is serious about mounting a serious challenge for the presidency, CNN is their only choice.

CNN is a seasoned politician and an action executive. cool

wouldn't that cause wahala? Ngige has been in ACN SINCE 06/07
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by houvest: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2011
jookco:

While I appreciate all your strategies here, but y'all do not mention Anyim Pius Anyim as a possible Candidate for PDP, or don't you think all this new power vested on Anyim is to groom him to run for office come 2015, lets consider this Anyim choose a North Central Vice Presidential Candidate will certainly give him the vote.

Can't wait for 2015

Good point Joocko. However, APA needs to step up and play politics. He is too laid back for the politics of the presidency. Okorocha is more visible and has better chances if he goes back to PDP with the stongest political forum in PDP ie the governors forum and if he transforms Imo . However APA is a person that keeps emerging from nowhere when nobody is reckoning with him so It will be folly to wrie him off.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by emiye(m): 12:19am On Aug 14, 2011
Fashola / El-Rufai (VP) wont be a bad idea, it should also be captivating for the youths. A rigorous campaign can play a magic. The bothched ACN / CPC platform can be reconstructed. The two parties are still the largest opposition parties.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by KnowAll(m): 4:45am On Aug 14, 2011
Ayim Pius Ayim can never be taken serious, a template for would be President has been established albeit informally and that template and pre-requisite is you would have to be an ex Governor to be taken serious for any Presidential bid.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by LogicPower(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2011
emiye:

Fashola / El-Rufai (VP)  wont be a bad idea, it should also be captivating for the youths.  A rigorous campaign can play a magic. The bothched ACN / CPC platform can be reconstructed.    The two parties are still the largest opposition parties.

I may be wrong, but I think the idea that the Hausa-Fulanis would vote for a Yoruba man as president in 2015 simply because one of them is the VP seems a bit far-fetched. For one, the rejection of Buhari (and even Ribadu) by the SW in the last election might have left so much sour taste in the core North that majority of them would gleefully see the nomination of a Yoruba man (by any party) as presenting a good opportunity for them to 'pay back'.

After all, the sophisticated Yorubas must have taught the Hausas (and others) that for some strategic considerations, you can reject a ticket (or even two) that has one of your kinsmen as a VP (CPC and ACN tickets) and vote for one that does not have your kinsman at all (PDP ticket).

Another apparent obstacle for Fashola, or any Yoruba candidate for that matter, regardless of how qualified he might be, is the fact that many people across the other regions might feel that it is too soon for another Yoruba man to be president - after those eight loooong years of OBJ.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by PointB: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2011
LogicPower:

I may be wrong, but I think the idea that the Hausa-Fulanis would vote for a Yoruba man as president in 2015 simply because one of them is the VP seems a bit far-fetched. For one, the rejection of Buhari (and even Ribadu) by the SW in the last election might have left so much sour taste in the core North that majority of them would gleefully see the nomination of a Yoruba man (by any party) as presenting a good opportunity for them to 'pay back'.

After all, the sophisticated Yorubas must have taught the Hausas (and others) that for some strategic considerations, you can reject a ticket (or even two) that has one of your kinsmen as a VP (CPC and ACN tickets) and vote for one that does not have your kinsmen at all (PDP ticket).

Another apparent obstacle for Fashola, or any Yoruba candidate for that matter, regardless of how qualified he might be, is the fact that many people across the other regions might feel that it is too soon for another Yoruba man to be president - after those eight loooong years of OBJ.

Word!
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by Gbenge77(m): 10:52am On Aug 14, 2011
Not sure.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by temaloz: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2011
2015 is ripe for the SE, Our government should avoid long term negligence.
Re: Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? by temaloz: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2011
Who says GEJ is not coming out again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg / Stay On Top Of The News... Get The Pdf Of All Newspapers In Nigeria Daily. / Christmas Message: PDP Urges Nigerians To Vote Out APC In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.