Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? (3381 Views)

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? / Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by dhesthiny1(m): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2022
I agree that words are like eggs and once spoken, we cannot reverse the effect. My friend complained that her husband is always saying bad things to her whenever they have issues. He will later say he didn't mean it. The one he did recently was comparing her to his ex, Now she wants to leave. Is this enough reason?
Some people don't know how powerful their words are, and how hurtful it could be on your partner. Nobody is perfect, so we need to learn. Please check the some words you should stop saying to your partner in this article https://loversslide.com.ng/2022/09/15/never-say-to-your-spouse/
if you don't want to crash your marraige
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Ignatiusprince(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2022
Not enough reasons, but words are like sharp sword... Let's be guided..

1 Like

Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by extol1(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2022
At times, i see some words as challenge for me to be a better person

1 Like

Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Hollybratt(m): 10:51am On Sep 15, 2022
Is it for eba?
is it for garri?
is it for beans?
IRMC with my kenya loud

2 Likes

Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Chaos14: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2022
She should go oh if they have children the children will think it's a normal thing to do.
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by iamyungkhalifa(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2022
Hollybratt:
Is it for eba?
is it for garri?
is it for beans?
IRMC with my kenya loud
lmao which one be kenya loud again now , una no go kill person o. Canadian loud still dey beg us to leave am alone , now you don carry kenya loud come. Abeg i fit see the kush pics

1 Like

Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by iamyungkhalifa(m): 11:17am On Sep 15, 2022
grin
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Hollybratt(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
lmao which one be kenya loud again now , una no go kill person o. Canadian loud still dey beg us to leave am alone , now you don carry kenya loud come. Abeg i fit see the kush pics
This it, tell me if you need am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by iamyungkhalifa(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2022
Hollybratt:
send am give me nw. Or u sabi where i fit buy am. Lmao the guy don smoke kanaku tired grin
Hollybratt:
send am give me nw. Or u sabi where i fit buy am. Lmao the guy don smoke kanaku tired
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
The woman should assess the following
1: How far is she from MENOPAUSE
2: Is she still in the age bracket where Nigerian Men consider marriageable
3: IS her husband a man of Ideas and Entrepreneurial vision, or is he just a blue-collar worker
4: Does she have children, boys or girls (1,2 or 3)
5: Did she open a bank account in their legally married name or her maiden name? Will be necessary in a divorce proceeding

Women, plan well ooh
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Fahvvy: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
If only men would learn from this lady and do the same thing when their wives run their mouths like spoilt tap undecided...
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by nerdfrost(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
marriage isnt supposed to be easy though
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Nwunyeodogwu(f): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
She should leave her marriage so she’ll hear nwiii grin grin grin grin. What most people don’t understand is that the grass isn’t greener on the other side. She probably thinks she’ll meet a new man that won’t exchange words with her but it’s a terrible lie. Quarreling is an inevitable part of our lives and people will always say hurtful words to you even your own mother. She should just learn to ignore her husband whenever he does that, or if na me the one wey I go tell am he no go fit forget am. But all in all it’s not a good reason to divorce cos there is no man she’ll meet that won’t do the same. Even Bella and Shegzz in big brother house are always insulting each other grin grin grin
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by wiseone28: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
Maybe the ex is better than she

Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Baronthecelebri: 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Let her divorce that bastard
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by underpinna: 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nwunyeodogwu:
She should leave her marriage so she’ll hear nwiii grin grin grin grin. What most people don’t understand is that the grass isn’t greener on the other side. She probably thinks she’ll meet a new man that won’t exchange words with her but it’s a terrible lie. Quarreling is an inevitable part of our lives and people will always say hurtful words to you even your own mother. She should just learn to ignore her husband whenever he does that, or if na me the one wey I go tell am he no go fit forget am. But all in all it’s not a good reason to divorce cos there is no man she’ll meet that won’t do the same. Even Bella and Shegzz in big brother house are always insulting each other grin grin grin

Words are really powerful. The funniest thing is that the husband wouldn't have taken it kindly if the wife had said those hurtful words to him.
I once said some words to a bani that year and she told me that I shouldn't say those words to her again cause it brings the memories of maltreatment her former guy used to give her but me, I no hear word. But then, we understood each other a bit because after our quarrel, na yabbing we go carry settle am.
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by JohnOkolo: 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
dhesthiny1:
I agree that words are like eggs and once spoken, we cannot reverse the effect. My friend complained that her husband is always saying bad things to her whenever they have issues. He will later say he didn't mean it. The one he did recently was comparing her to his ex, Now she wants to leave. Is this enough reason?
Some people don't know how powerful their words are, and how hurtful it could be on your partner. Nobody is perfect, so we need to learn. Please check the some words you should stop saying to your partner in this article https://loversslide.com.ng/2022/09/15/never-say-to-your-spouse/

Is enough
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by SocialJustice: 7:02am On Sep 16, 2022
dhesthiny1:
Abeg let her leave but did she not see this before marrying? That's a very dehumanising thing to do repeatedly. The man no see e ex before e marry her?
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by NemoDatQuod(m): 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
Words are so powerful that they can leave a lasting mark. Marks of physical violence will heal with time, but emotional violence can change one's personality.

So the question should not be if she should leave, because she alone knows the level of emotional violence she is going through and what her tolerance limit is. She alone can answer that question.

Has she explained to her spouse that he is meting out a significant level of emotional violence towards her through verbal abuse? Has she explained how it makes her feel? Has she explained the thought of exit from the marriage that is going through her mind?

A conversation with her hubby may force him to realise the extent of the damage he has caused and maybe make him to re-adjust.

But she's going to have to decide for herself what she will do. I am a male. I am independent in every area of life. I do not allow any form of emotional violence around me, including verbal abuse between friends(something that the average Nigerian practices in everyday conversation with his or her friends). I will throw overboard anyone who uses the words "sharrap", "get away there" , "idiot" etc during conversations, just because they do not agree with their friend's different idea or opinion. Can't stand it. But so many other Nigerians, both in and outside the country are alright with it and tolerate it. So our levels of tolerance differ. She will make her own decision by herself !

dhesthiny1:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by NemoDatQuod(m): 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
With due respect ma'am, verbal abuse is not "quarrelling" or having a disagreement. It is "verbal abuse" and "emotional violence" for which the perpetrator will go to prison in developed societies.

More importantly, it leads to personality disorders in the victim. That is why Nigeria is full of millions with mental illness. We are verbally abused as children starting from home ( parents, siblings, relatives, etc). We get abused at school and we then become abusers ourselves and everyone accepts it as normal. It leads to breakdown of all sorts of relationships and we just wallow in the pain without making the decision to take action to stop it.
The wife in question (OPs friend) must be an evolved individual to recognise that these verbal abuses have significant, long term consequences. Moreover, retaliating with your own verbal abuse in a relationship, will almost certainly result in physical violence from the original perpetrator.

Nwunyeodogwu:
Re: Why My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage. Is This Enough Reason? by Nwunyeodogwu(f): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2022
NemoDatQuod:
With due respect ma'am, verbal abuse is not "quarrelling" or having a disagreement. It is "verbal abuse" and "emotional violence" for which the perpetrator will go to prison in developed societies.

More importantly, it leads to personality disorders in the victim. That is why Nigeria is full of millions with mental illness. We are verbally abused as children starting from home ( parents, siblings, relatives, etc). We get abused at school and we then become abusers ourselves and everyone accepts it as normal. It leads to breakdown of all sorts of relationships and we just wallow in the pain without making the decision to take action to stop it.
The wife in question (OPs friend) must be an evolved individual to recognise that these verbal abuses have significant, long term consequences. Moreover, retaliating with your own verbal abuse in a relationship, will almost certainly result in physical violence from the original perpetrator.

Then they should go see a counselor or try every possible means to get her husband to stop abusing her verbally. Leaving the marriage is not a solution because just like you said, verbal abuse is everywhere in this country and is now seen as a normal thing.

(1) (Reply)

My boyfriend wants my cousin / Working Class Lady Without A Life Partner / Why Are Some Girls Arrogant And Proud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.