Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? (11740 Views)

Is Imo State Currently The Least Developing State In Southeast? / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 / Nigeria: Third Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Imf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by shakomende: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ghana’s economy grew by a whooping 20.15% in the first half of this year according to Economy Watch.  Economy Watch tracks economic statistics including GDP growth rates across the world from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) This year, Ghana’s nominal growth rate in the first half put it ahead of many several emerging economies, including China, Qatar, India, Angola and many others.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/08/11/ghana-is-currently-the-worlds-fastest-growing-economy-in-2011/
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by auwal87(m): 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2011
Congrats! to our beloved neighbour, Keep it up!!!
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by ektbear: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
How sustainable is this? Is this a one-off thing from their oil production coming online? If so, neat, but ultimately not that groundbreaking.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Ufeolorun(m): 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2011
Impressive!

hopefully cocoa would not take a backseat cos of the rent seeking culture that's about to hit the Gold coast.
Ghana is a manageable country anyway,administratively.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by courage89(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2011
Congrats to Ghana.

Come to think of it; when your GDP is about $32 Billion, how difficult is it to improve that by 20%? Again, this is not to belittle Ghana's achievement in any way. It takes a lot of hard word, dedication to achieve this.

I just hate it when people try to put Nigeria and Ghana on the same pedestal in terms of growth and achievements.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by GAR3TH(m): 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2011
The increase is mainly because they started pumping oil. Ghana is actually currently grown at 5-6% with out oil, while Nigeria is also growing at around 8.4%.

Once Ghana's oil production becomes norm, like Nigeria's, is when you can actually measure real growth.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=66&c=gh&c=ni&l=en
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by edoyad(m): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2011
Come to think of it; when your GDP is about $32 Billion, how difficult is it to improve that by 20 %? Again, this is not to belittle Ghana's achievement in any way.  It takes a lot of hard word, dedication to achieve this. I just hate it when people try to put Nigeria and Ghana on the same pedestal in terms of growth and achievements.
the thing tire me o. Compare Ghana to lagos or rivers state not Nigeria.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by rolchi(m): 8:21am On Aug 12, 2011
^^^Rivers State Economy is growing at 30%. grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by KnowAll(m): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2011
I understand their stock market is roaring at the moment, the best return in the world after mongolia and east timor, why ours have finally caput. undecided
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 12, 2011
I give Ghana my blessing. Grow and continue to grow.

Learn from Nigeria's mistake. Take God you're not [b]a [/b]Nigerians.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by SEFAGO(m): 8:39am On Aug 12, 2011
^ Seems you have been getting some good ghanaian c/o/c/k
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 12, 2011
SEFAGO:

^ Seems you have been getting some good ghanaian c/o/c/k

So that's your final assumption?
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by SEFAGO(m): 8:45am On Aug 12, 2011
Well you have been raising your legs praising all things ghanaian so there has to be a reason.

Innit?
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2011
And the only reason you could come up with was a Ghanaian co/ck?

I love Ghanaians.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by KnowAll(m): 8:52am On Aug 12, 2011
Seems you have been getting some good ghanaian c/o/c/k

That kind of thrash talk does not belong to the politics section. I hope the lady concerned has alarted the moderators.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 12, 2011
What a gentleman, thank you.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by SEFAGO(m): 8:59am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What a gentleman, thank you.

Nah the guy is what they call a bebelube+Gbeborun. I*d/iiooot  cannot even spell

I was just wondering why you have been supporting all things ghanaians. Now that you have confirmed my suspicions, I am gonna keep on lurking.

Anyhoo they should enjoy things while it lasts. Been to ghana and still a bigger shi/t hole than Nigeria
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by londoner: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And the only reason you could come up with was a Ghanaian co/ck?

I love Ghanaians.

Yet, you dislike Nigerians with a passion. The Ghanaians that you love, actually loathe Nigerians and you shamefully give them your full thumbs up even when they talk trash about your own tribe in a song. Its funny because you would never allow a fellow Nigerian to talk trash about the Yorubas like I have watched you do with the Ghanaians.

I had to take a second look that it was actually you who was giving them support in their tirade against Nigerians and even Yorubas.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 12, 2011
SEFAGO:

Nah the guy is what they call a bebelube+Gbeborun. I*d/iiooot  cannot even spell

I was just wondering why you have been supporting all things ghanaians. Now that you have confirmed my suspicions, I am gonna keep on lurking.

Anyhoo they should enjoy things while it lasts. Been to ghana and still a bigger shi/t hole than Nigeria

You decided to [i]confirm [/i]your suspicion by make a sexist comment?
And here I thought you had a higher IQ. Let's pretend we never held this conversation.
I expected such nonsense from imbe.ciles like fstranger.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2011
londoner:

Yet, you dislike Nigerians with a passion. The Ghanaians that you love, actually loathe Nigerians and you shamefully give them your full thumbs up even when they talk trash about your own tribe in a song. Its funny because you would never allow a fellow Nigerian to talk trash about the Yorubas like I have watched you do with the Ghanaians.

I had to take a second look that it was actually you who was giving them support in their tirade against Nigerians and even Yorubas.

All this one na sentiments o.
I've yet to meet a Ghanaian who hates Nigeria like the media promotes it to be. Every heard of harmless rivalry such as the one between N.America and Canada?

When did it become a crime to love Ghana and hate Nigeria? Not pleading the fifth to the latter tho.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by cpatra(f): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2011
@OP
Nigeria will soon take up the lead with her new found Islamic banking.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by londoner: 9:12am On Aug 12, 2011
So, how come when its Igbo's making statements about Yoruba, you don't follow the same logic?

If its "harmless rivalry". Would you still have held the same view if instead of a song made about Nigerians, it was instead a song made about Ghanaians by a Nigerian rapper?

If your whole attitude would have changed on that simple fact, then you you carry some self hatred as a Nigerian.

Its not a crime to Love Ghana and hate Nigeria, but if a Nigerian is the one carrying that attitude then that person is quite shameful imo.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2011
londoner:

So, how come when its Igbo's making statements about Yoruba, you don't follow the same logic?

If its "harmless rivalry". Would you still have held the same view if instead of a song made about Nigerians, it was instead a song made about Ghanaians by a Nigerian rapper?

If your whole attitude would have changed on that simple fact, then you you carry some self hatred as a Nigerian.

Its not a crime to Love Ghana and hate Nigeria, but if a Nigerian is the one carrying that attitude then that person is quite shameful imo.

See me see trouble.

Kila gbe kile ju?

What is this? angry Dude why are you turning your boxers into a g-string?

So because of a song, I must hate Ghanaians? I'm not going to apologize for not following your logic.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by KnowAll(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2011
@seafargo

I have made less inciteful, sexist statment in my time here and the moderators came like a ton of brick warning me of a ban, I think your foul statement should not be encorage in our forum. Such statement mirrors the rut in our society hence the degredation we have in Nigeria today. Ghanians are hitting above their weight and rightfully so,  I enconrage them to continue that quantum leap into el-dorado, since "big boko haramic brother and islamic banking crazed nation called Nigeria" does not know her left from her right.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2011
KnowAll:

@seafargo

I have made less inciteful, sexist statment in my time here and the moderators came like a ton of brick warning me of a ban, I think your foul statement should not be encorage in our forum. Such statement mirrors the rut in our society hence the degredation we have in Nigeria today. Ghanians are hitting above their weight and rightfully so,  I enconrage them to continue that quantum leap into el-dorado, since "big boko haramic brother and islamic banking crazed nation called Nigeria" does not know her left from her right.

You really are a gentleman. You'll go far in life. I send you my blessing.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by SEFAGO(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2011
KnowAll:

@seafargo

First of all if I get banned on NL, I dont give a shyt. Go and get a life mate.

I am just here to look for trouble not to engage in a dialogue grin.

Ileke-IdI:

You really are a gentleman. You'll go far in life. I send you my blessing.

Emi ko? grin I am also a gentleman now undecided
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2011
SEFAGO:

First of all if I get banned on NL, I dont give a shyt. Go and get a life mate.

I am just here to look for trouble not to engage in a dialogue   grin.

Emi ko?  grin I am also a gentleman now  undecided

And you decided to look for trouble in my way? Wrong move.

Abeg, listen to KnowAll. You're too old to be this senile. grin

Ki lo n se e?
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by SEFAGO(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2011
I was just greeting you ooh, the only way I could. See how you pour insult on me sef, just because I was making an innocent enquiry sha.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2011
Just shut up. As if I dont know your quarrelsome nature.
Enjoy your greeting, I'm off to something more time-worthy. Adieu!
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by ektbear: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2011
None of the Ghanaians I know in RL have any problem with Nigeria. I kind of feel the same way Ileke-IdI does. . . it is a harmless rivalry like USA vs. Canada or something.

Just lil bro (Ghana) hating a bit and jealousing big bro (Nigeria).

Then again, what do I know? Maybe the Ghanaians in the country actually hate Nigeria. My sample size is somewhat limited.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by londoner: 9:58am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

See me see trouble.

Kila gbe kile ju?

What is this? angry Dude why are you turning your boxers into a g-string?

So because of a song, I must hate Ghanaians? I'm not going to apologize for not following your logic.

Of course nobody should hate anyone because of a song, and I'm sure you know that was not what I was saying. Maybe you only operate in extremes. Love or hate with no in between.

Its just very disjointed when you have such a different attitude when it comes to Nigerians. I doubt very much if the song was created by Nigerians about Ghanaians you would have termed it harmless rivalry. You would have been here defending Ghanaians against it.

I am a woman not a dude btw, so my "g-string" is appropriate.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2011
londoner:

I am a woman

Ohhh. Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC May Go After Doctors For Fraudulently Collecting ₦540m Training Allowance / Reports Say Facebook Paid Firm To Defame Rival, Tiktok / APC Lauds Soludo For Approving Ekwueme Square For Tinubu’s Anambra Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.