Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? (11741 Views)

Is Imo State Currently The Least Developing State In Southeast? / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 / Nigeria: Third Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Imf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by londoner: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ohhh. Okay.

Now that you're okay, you can reply to my post I suppose.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2011
londoner:

Now that you're okay, you can reply to my post I suppose.

Nah, that's okay. Enjoy!
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by londoner: 10:29am On Aug 12, 2011
I will thanks, You enjoy also!

wink
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by ziga: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2011
Congratulations to ghana.
But @ thread title. . . . Why does every statement about Ghana's progress need to have Nigeria in it Doesn't smell good!!!
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by dramenda(f): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
Good
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2011
GAR3TH:

The increase is mainly because they started pumping oil. Ghana is actually currently grown at 5-6% with out oil, while Nigeria is also growing at around 8.4%.

Once Ghana's oil production becomes norm, like Nigeria's, is when you can actually measure real growth.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=66&c=gh&c=ni&l=en

Our leaders are busy sharing petro dollars while the masses groan in pain/darkness/poverty e.t.c. grin
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by dustydee: 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2011
I hope they don't go the way of naija.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by islamrules(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2011
Fastest growing in the world ? Hellll no, what about China.hmmmm
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2011
I don't know much about Ghana and its economy. My question is, what has this economic growth translated into for the ordinary Ghanaians? We are talking about growth here not economic development which I think is not adding much to the better life for the ordinary man as the economy development would have. The economy development of a nation makes sure every thing operates in a better atmosphere where things can affect the infrastructure and address the basic needs of the people in a sustainable ways.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by islamrules(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2011
I don't know much about Ghana and its economy. My question is, what has this economic growth translated into for the ordinary Ghanaians? We are talking about growth here not economic development which I think is not adding much to the better life for the ordinary man as the economy development would have. The economy development of a nation makes sure every thing operates in a better atmosphere where things can affect the infrastructure and address the basic needs of the people in a sustainable ways.

That is peoples definition of Economic growth. If China is to start developing her citizen economically/socially, China will be more poor than Uganda.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by KDULAR: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2011
Very happy for them and I hope they use the growth for their country men and not into the hands tribal heads and fake representatives like in Nigeria.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by RickyRoss1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2011
This is good news for Ghana and I congratulate them.
However, this is not the time to start shouting hosana hosana. Ghana is the fastest growing economy at the moment mainly because of oil exports and nothing else. Equatorial Guinea was once the fastest growing economy in the world when they started pumping oil from one of their biggest oil fields but in real development most roads in that country are untarred, and most of their citizens live in abject poverty.

You can start shouting and praising God when you see real developments in Ghana. Most things in Ghana are either made in Nigeria, Asia or America. Enter any shop or super market in Ghana and see things for yourself. Almost every item in Ghana has NAFDAC registration number.

Ghana is just like any other black African country. The Ghanaian politicians are very corrupt, which is why the have run down almost every government establishment in Ghana, from multi billion dollar companies like Ghana Airways to Ghana telecom to the smallest companies. Bc of corruption Ghana has over 4000 basic schools organized under trees, most roads in Ghana are being constructed/rehabilitated by the USA via Millennium Challenge Account. Most Ghanians live in poverty, most Ghanians cant read and write, 60% of Ghanians shit open air since they are too poor to build toilets etc.

While many of Ghanas citizens are happy with the new oil find, the politicians are busy stealing as much as they can. Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world just after Ivory Coast, producing over 20% of the world’s cocoa beans. Ghana is also the second largest producer of gold in the world (its former name was Gold Coast) and has huge deposits of industrial diamonds and bauxite (aluminum). If after 54 years of independence Ghana has nothing to show with all the gold and cocoa, then i doubt if they can move an inch with the recent oil find.

Nigeria was a far much better country before the advent of oil. We were the envy of all nations back then. With our agro based economy we were self sufficient and most European countries stopped giving us aid because our economy was better than theirs. But suddenly we discovered oil and became lazy and everything changed.

The government of Ghana should learn from Nigeria's mistakes. Diversify your economy as fast as you can and stop relying solely on cocoa/gold/oil for income. The government should build standard schools and make education free to all Ghanians, from primary to secondary school. Primary school education is free in Ghana at the moment and the pupils get free feeding as well. They should extend this to secondary schools. Its a shame you come to Ghana and so many grown up boys and girls, including taxi drivers cannot speak even pidgin English, they expect everyone, including foreigners to speak their native language Twi, its a shame. Such people should be sent to adult education. The government should also invest heavily in agriculture, and encourage/support SME's, financially and otherwise.

The sad thing is the Ghanaian politicians are not sincere. Even before the oil money started flowing last year, they signed a Multi Billion Dollar contract with STX Korea to build low cost housing estate for Ghana thereby mortgaging the future of Ghanian's after collecting so much bribe behind the scenes. The saddest thing is that these low cost houses will be built by Koreans instead of using Ghanaian companies. This is complete waste of public fund and over 70% of Ghanian's are against this deal but yet the government cannot cancel it bc they have already collected bribes.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2011
islamrules:

That is peoples definition of Economic growth. If China is to start developing her citizen economically/socially, China will be more poor than Uganda.
Please, could you explain that better(in economic term). It seems interesting but it doesn't make any sense to me. Economic development doesn't hold economic growth from not flourishing.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Gbenge77(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

This is good news for Ghana and I congratulate them.
However, this is not the time to start shouting hosana hosana. Ghana is the fastest growing economy at the moment mainly because of oil exports and nothing else. Equatorial Guinea was once the fastest growing economy in the world when they started pumping oil from one of their biggest oil fields but in real development most roads in that country are untarred, and most of their citizens live in abject poverty.

You can start shouting and praising God when you see real developments in Ghana. Most things in Ghana are either made in Nigeria, Asia or America. Enter any shop or super market in Ghana and see things for yourself. Almost every item in Ghana has NAFDAC registration number.

Ghana is just like any other black African country. The Ghanaian politicians are very corrupt, which is why the have run down almost every government establishment in Ghana, from multi billion dollar companies like Ghana Airways to Ghana telecom to the smallest companies. Bc of corruption Ghana has over 4000 basic schools organized under trees, most roads in Ghana are being constructed/rehabilitated by the USA via Millennium Challenge Account. Most Ghanians live in poverty, most Ghanians cant read and write, 60% of Ghanians poo open air since they are too poor to build toilets etc.

While many of Ghanas citizens are happy with the new oil find, the politicians are busy stealing as much as they can. Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world just after Ivory Coast, producing over 20% of the world’s cocoa beans. Ghana is also the second largest producer of gold in the world (its former name was Gold Coast) and has huge deposits of industrial diamonds and bauxite (aluminum). If after 54 years of independence Ghana has nothing to show with all the gold and cocoa, then i doubt if they can move an inch with the recent oil find.

Nigeria was a far much better country before the advent of oil. We were the envy of all nations back then. With our agro based economy we were self sufficient and most European countries stopped giving us aid because our economy was better than theirs. But suddenly we discovered oil and became lazy and everything changed.

The government of Ghana should learn from Nigeria's mistakes. Diversify your economy as fast as you can and stop relying solely on cocoa/gold/oil for income. The government should build standard schools and make education free to all Ghanians, from primary to secondary school. Primary school education is free in Ghana at the moment and the pupils get free feeding as well. They should extend this to secondary schools. Its a shame you come to Ghana and so many grown up boys and girls, including taxi drivers cannot speak even pidgin English, they expect everyone, including foreigners to speak their native language Twi, its a shame. Such people should be sent to adult education. The government should also invest heavily in agriculture, and encourage/support SME's, financially and otherwise.

The sad thing is the Ghanaian politicians are not sincere. Even before the oil money started flowing last year, they signed a Multi Billion Dollar contract with STX Korea to build low cost housing estate for Ghana thereby mortgaging the future of Ghanian's after collecting so much bribe behind the scenes. The saddest thing is that these low cost houses will be built by Koreans instead of using Ghanaian companies. This is complete waste of public fund and over 70% of Ghanian's are against this deal but yet the government cannot cancel it bc they have already collected bribes.

You really Ghana to the cleaners there.She is Nigerias "lousy next door neighbour."
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by bisiaet: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
I guess once more some silly creeping fools from the so call gold cost and not gold coast has crept in to the Nairaland again. They are never be original always post in here to pull Nigeria along to their self glorification.

Best economic or best nonsense how does it concrn me. How many time have we heard that? And why is millions of GhaniaNS rotten in foreign land iF their home is that bed of roses coming back home should be their dream but Nigeria, Guinea, Senegaless  that is not call best or fastest economic are day by day returning to their homeland for good.

Just go about with fake news to feel too important or to feel on top of the world the truth till heaven will come Ghana will not match Nigeria either best or fastest economic nonsesnse or whatever. IMAO!!!!

Nonsense!!!!!!
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by kotoye: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2011
I dont care about ghana. If the growth in ghana wouldnt wake up the so-called gaint of africa, I wonder what on earth will,
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2011
@bisiaet

Ooh!!! Woo hoo!!! Slow d-o-w-nnnn, friend! It explains why Nigerians have to take broader steps to fix issues while smaller countries near by are growing fast.

I don't see anything wrong with that. It only alerts us to work than just wait for things to fall into place.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Ufeolorun(m): 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2011
Mention any African country doing better than  our limping federation and  you will see loads of shockingly dishonest grandstanding from some Nigerians.

Fiddlesticks! smiley
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by HighChief4(m): 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2011
Any thread Ileke Idi rears her head into MUST be derailed. Why?

@Topic----I am really happy the way Ghana is going, am sure if they had the kinda resources Nigeria had, they would have turned their country to something else
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by ikeyman00(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2011
@@@@@@@@^^^

cuz nigerian men dnt find her attractive!!

hence so much bitterness coming from her
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by havoc37(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
Congrats to Ghana then!
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by MMM2(m): 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2011
9ja una don see am with ur eyes angry

Ghana must go,

still how far, were una dey?
undecided
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by hackney(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
I commend ghana for the position they have attained as a result of economic restructuring, bad leaders' clear-out, modesty and hardwork.

Very soon our looters will be holidaying in Ghana rather than London, paris and Newyork.
(cheaper, safe,correct facilities, all blacks and very close).

We will have to learn that their yeye pidgin.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by rafcrown(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
lol,funny and incredible $1=10m cedis?
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by PetroDolla: 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
You people should leave Ghana alone. Every day Ghana this Ghana that. What is it?

I can see lots of deluded minds here. Nigeria may be "rich" and Ghana MAY be "poor" as some of you claim. But how come 90% of Nigerians survive on less than $2 a day? How come life expectancy is a pitiable 45. How come ordinary electricity that other people take for granted in the 21st century is still a huge problem in Nigeria? How come unemployment is officially 60%. How come insecurity is so widespread in this "rich" country? How come education is Nigeria is nothing to write about and most Nigerians are going to Ghana for education? You can get deluded and be blinded by the bitterness of the truth, but Nigerians need to wake and come to terms with the fact that most of its neighbours are growing their economies very fast. How come 100,000 Nigerians apply for the US visa every week? How come more and more Nigerians are leaving their ‘rich’ country today more than every before? How come only 15% of roads in ‘rich’ Nigeria are motorable? And how come ‘rich’ Nigeria is so violence-prone?What some of you people have to realise is that you people are not God. God gave Nigeria all the blessings he can and if Nigerians can't tap into God's abundant gift to them and have made a mess of their situation at least they can be happy that a country like Ghana is trying to make good use of what God has given it. Don't bring the wrath of God upon yourselves by running your mouths anyhow about Ghana. It is a nation blessed by God! A nation that has brought a lot of pride to Mother Africa!

Some idiot was talking about shops in Ghana filled with goods from Nigeria. What a joke. Who dash Nigeria electricity to produce even match stick sef? Nigeria that imports virtually everything including toothpick? Nigeria that cannot even refine its own crude oil? Abeg tell me something else. Come to Ghana and see what is happening here. If you guys chose to believe all the trash being peddled here about Ghana, I wish you luck.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by Yeske2(m): 1:02am On Aug 16, 2011
PetroDolla:

You people should leave Ghana alone. Every day Ghana this Ghana that. What is it?

I can see lots of deluded minds here. Nigeria may be "rich" and Ghana MAY be "poor" as some of you claim. But how come 90% of Nigerians survive on less than $2 a day? How come life expectancy is a pitiable 45. How come ordinary electricity that other people take for granted in the 21st century is still a huge problem in Nigeria? How come unemployment is officially 60%. How come insecurity is so widespread in this "rich" country? How come education is Nigeria is nothing to write about and most Nigerians are going to Ghana for education? You can get deluded and be blinded by the bitterness of the truth, but Nigerians need to wake and come to terms with the fact that most of its neighbours are growing their economies very fast. How come 100,000 Nigerians apply for the US visa every week? How come more and more Nigerians are leaving their ‘rich’ country today more than every before? How come only 15% of roads in ‘rich’ Nigeria are motorable? And how come ‘rich’ Nigeria is so violence-prone?What some of you people have to realise is that you people are not God. God gave Nigeria all the blessings he can and if Nigerians can't tap into God's abundant gift to them and have made a mess of their situation at least they can be happy that a country like Ghana is trying to make good use of what God has given it. Don't bring the wrath of God upon yourselves by running your mouths anyhow about Ghana. It is a nation blessed by God! A nation that has brought a lot of pride to Mother Africa!

Some was talking about shops in Ghana filled with goods from Nigeria. What a joke. Who dash Nigeria electricity to produce even match stick sef? Nigeria that imports virtually everything including toothpick? Nigeria that cannot even refine its own crude oil? Abeg tell me something else. Come to Ghana and see what is happening here. If you guys chose to believe all the trash being peddled here about Ghana, I wish you luck.

Ghana dey try no mean say dem don reach.
Ghana, no matter how fast its GDP grows in the next 20 years would not reach Nigeria's current and present GDP(Naija GDP still dey grow). Our problem in Naija is all about leadership and e remain small. Shops in Ghana being stocked by Naija goods, you should know better unless you left Ghana years back. Nigerians leaving Naija same way Ghanaians leaving Ghana(proportionality n percentage), recent GDP growth in Ghana? Check out the non-oil sectors and compare with Naija's. What percentage of Ghanaians can speak and write? What % of Ghana's road are tarred?
All countries have thier peculiarities but dont dare run your mouth on Ghana having an edge over Naija. Tell me any made in Ghana stuff apart from Alomo bitters. Ghana's pride to Africa, wia e dey? Good gracious, Ghana is self-sufficient.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by tzooh: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ courage89 Ghana's GDP is not 32 billion like you claim, according to IMF Ghana's GDP(PPP) is 71.216 billion. http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2011/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?sy=2008&ey=2011&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=652&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=&pr.x=67&pr.y=12
now most ppl claim lagos state's GDP is greater than the GDP of Ghana. well back in 2008 Lagos state's GDP(PPP) was 33 billion and Ghana's GDP nominal was $32 billion. now GDP(PPP) is different from GDP nominal. Ghana's GDP(PPP) back in 2008 was almost 60 BILLION and when you compare Lagos state's GDP(PPP) to Ghana's GDP(PPP) WELL then Ghana will be ahead of Lagos state therefore people should stop saying even Lagos state's GDP is higher than that of Ghana. Lagos state's GDP nominal back in 2008 was 25 billion. Ghana's GDP nominal is 42 billion at the moment ten billion higher than it was before, don't mix up GDP(PPP) with GDP nominal. Now almost 70% of Nigeria's 155 million ppl live below the poverty line of 2 dollars roughly about 105 million ppl now ghana's ppl of 24 million has 20.416% living below poverty line which is roughly about 4. 5 million ghanaians so i think i would rather live in ghana than in nigeria
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by PetroDolla: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2011
Yeske!, First of all how do you define a country being poor and another being rich? From what we have seen in most countries,including Nigeria, it would be absolutely misleading to apply GDP alone to arrive at any definite conclusion regarding how rich a country is. We all know GDP for Nigeria is a product of mainly oil revenues. But how many Nigerians get to see all the oil money that is declared on paper? After IBB had taken his share, Abubakar carry im own, Goodluck, Mrs Goodluck, Anenih, Danjuma, and even Clark plus the rest of the oligarchy had taken their share, how much will be left for ignoramus like you? Very little! So though in theory Nigeria could be earning billions in GDP, in reality most Nigerians at least 90%-remain desperately poor.

But let me say this,what is of outmost importance to me is the quality of life of the citizens. What defines a country being rich,in my reckoning, is how many people have access to potable water, reliable electricity,security,motorable road- I will paste the story about only 15% of Nigerians roads being motorable for you to see.I want to see how many citizens have access to functional health care, quality education,what is the life expectancy? How safe is the country?Have they found Mikel's papa yet? For me, that is a good way to define how rich a country is. My idea of how rich a country is is not defined by how many mansions there are, how many limos there are, how big someone's agbda is, or how often people throw a party, how outrageously expensive lace they wear, or how big they spend money.

By the way, I see lots of Nigerian women coming to Ghana to buy things to take back to Nigeria to sell. Go to the ABC, and all the terminals of Nigerian transport companies in Accra in the late evening and see the cargoes that are being packaged for Nigeria. I was speaking to a woman from Benin City the other day and she told me she makes good profit.Some of you are so ignorant and have your heads buried in the sand, and don't even deserve any attention!

But let me say this, if Nigeria is your idea of a 'rich' country, then I pray that no country in the world experiences such 'riches'

Only 15 per cent roads are motorable in Nigeria- Daily Trust

The Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP), under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, said while a large population of Nigerians live in the rural areas, only 15 per cent of federal roads are in good condition.
National Co-ordinator of Rural Access and Mobility Project, Engineer Ubandoma Ularamu, made this revelation yesterday in Osogbo, Osun State, while presenting his address at the opening ceremony of the 2010 RAMP Annual Retreat and Review Meeting.
“Out of over 160,000 kilometres of secondary and tertiary roads in Nigeria, with an average registered network of 4,000 kilometres per state, only about 10-15 per cent is paved.
Source: Daily Trust Newspaper
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by RickyRoss1(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2011
PetroDolla:

Yeske!, First of all how do you define a country being poor and another being rich? From what we have seen in most countries,including Nigeria, it would be absolutely misleading to apply GDP alone to arrive at any definite conclusion regarding how rich a country is. We all know GDP for Nigeria is a product of mainly oil revenues. But how many Nigerians get to see all the oil money that is declared on paper? After IBB had taken his share, Abubakar carry im own, Goodluck, Mrs Goodluck, Anenih, Danjuma, and even Clark plus the rest of the oligarchy had taken their share, how much will be left for ignoramus like you? Very little! So though in theory Nigeria could be earning billions in GDP, in reality most Nigerians at least 90%-remain desperately poor.

But let me say this,what is of outmost importance to me is the quality of life of the citizens. What defines a country being rich,in my reckoning, is how many people have access to potable water, reliable electricity,security,motorable road- I will paste the story about only 15% of Nigerians roads being motorable for you to see.I want to see how many citizens have access to functional health care, quality education,what is the life expectancy? How safe is the country?Have they found Mikel's papa yet? For me, that is a good way to define how rich a country is. My idea of how rich a country is is not defined by how many mansions there are, how many limos there are, how big someone's agbda is, or how often people throw a party, how outrageously expensive lace they wear, or how big they spend money.

By the way, I see lots of Nigerian women coming to Ghana to buy things to take back to Nigeria to sell. Go to the ABC, and all the terminals of Nigerian transport companies in Accra in the late evening and see the cargoes that are being packaged for Nigeria. I was speaking to a woman from Benin City the other day and she told me she makes good profit.Some of you are so ignorant and have your heads buried in the sand, and don't even deserve any attention!

But let me say this, if Nigeria is your idea of a 'rich' country, then I pray that no country in the world experiences such 'riches'

Only 15 per cent roads are motorable in Nigeria- Daily Trust

The Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP), under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, said while a large population of Nigerians live in the rural areas, only 15 per cent of federal roads are in good condition.
National Co-ordinator of Rural Access and Mobility Project, Engineer Ubandoma Ularamu, made this revelation yesterday in Osogbo, Osun State, while presenting his address at the opening ceremony of the 2010 RAMP Annual Retreat and Review Meeting.
“Out of over 160,000 kilometres of secondary and tertiary roads in Nigeria, with an average registered network of 4,000 kilometres per state, only about 10-15 per cent is paved.
Source: Daily Trust Newspaper

I said i wont be responding to blind fools like yourself but let me educate you a little.
The number of Ghanians that troop to Lagos to buy items they resell in Ghana by far outweigh the few Nigerians that come to Ghana to buy items. Check the records or ask Ghana immigration officers at Aflao to help you out,
The only thing Nigerians buy from Ghana is the Ghanaian Kente and Alomo Bitters, other than this, there is nothing else you can bring to Nigeria from Ghana.
However, most weavons and wigs, body creames, soaps etc on sale in Ghana is imported from Lagos. The hottest and best selling computers/laptops in Ghana is made by Zinox Nigeria, an indigenous Nigerian company which has the largest computer shop in Africa. I can go on and on. My inlaw himself comes to Lagos to buy phones/electronics which he resells in Accra just like many Ghanians do. Even though we dont have reliable electricity in Nigeria, yet enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana and you will see loads of Nigerian items all over Ghana, including common things like Nigerian news papers, magazines, drugs etc. very soon before the end of the year made in Nigeria cars will be on sale in Ghana, courtesy of Innoson Vehicle manufacturing Company, Nigeria. Not long ago the Ghanaian government sent a delegation to this Nigerian company to beg them to come invest in Ghana.

We dont have electricity in Nigeria yet we produce much of what we use locally, and export some to other countries including Ghana. Ghana that claims to have good schools cant even produce world class scientists or authors, over 80% of books/novels used in Ghanian schools are written by Nigerian authors. Foolish Ghanaian will be quick to tell you how many Nigerians are studying in Ghana without realizing there are thousands of Ghanians studying in Nigeria as well. Nigeria may have so many problems but hey Nigeria does not have 4,000 schools organized under trees like in Ghana.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by greatogwu: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2011
NAIJA BOYS AND GIRLS STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF GHANA IS NOT GROWING ANYTHING , I AM WRITTEN FROM GHANA AND THIS COUNTRY ARE JEALOUSLY OF NIGERIA.
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by PetroDolla: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2011
Ricky_Ross, Can you use your brain for once? You illiterate son of a slut! You gotta get your bleeped up head outta the sand,you freaking cannibal.

Now clearly you need to have your head properly examined so you can stop spewing out trash. Ghana has a large and growing Nigerian population so what the heck if Nigerian newspapers are sold in Ghana. Ghanaian newspapers are sold in many place,including Nigeria and Liberia (to mainly Ghanaian communities). The only Nigerian publication that I see at a few newsstands in Accra is City People, which has a special Ghana edition. Have Ghanaians finished buying the dozens of newspapers produced in Ghana daily to start looking to buy a foreign one? Ask your Nigerian friends in the media. The Ghanaian newspaper system is very difficult to break into, especially if you are not Ghana-based.

Before you start running your mouth again, let me ask you, have you heard of rlg? And where did you get this foolish idea about Zinox? I know more about Zinox than your silly arse. Well, rlg –a Ghanaian-owned and Accra-based computer manufacturing company signed a deals worth several millions of dollars with the Ogun state government to provide computer and ICT knowledge to Nigerians like you. Where was Zinox?

Forget about producing anything in Nigeria. Everything in Nigeria is freaking imported, and that is the truth. Why do you think your ports are always overcrowded? I will never forget what Ojo Maduekwe said some time ago to me a small group. He said apart from the upstream sector of the oil industry, nothing works in Nigeria. And he added, we know why that is the case and we laughed. What he implied was that the upstream sector of the oil industry was only functional because foreigners were running it!

You mentioned weavons and wigs, body creames, soaps. Were they produced in Nigeria. I know in Nigeria, the most sought-after weaveon is a particular type they import from Ghana. I am sure you didn’t know that,huh?

I live in Accra and see it as a shame that some of you Nigerians peddle false information just to massage your ego and make Nigeria appear more important than it is. I lived abroad and returned to Ghana last year to take advantage of the numerous opportunities that exist in my beloved country. What has struck me the most is the number of factories that exist here. There is virtually no field of activity that you won’t see someone manufacturing or at least processing something. And what gives me the greatest joy is to walk into a shop and see that ‘Made in Ghana’ label. Like I said, I live here and shop a lot –I am yet to see those Nigerian goods on sale here-yes, I have seen a few ndomis and stuff, but the impression being created here that Nigerian goods have flooded shops in Ghana is very pathetic!

Again you said most books in Ghanaian schools were written by Nigerians. That is absolutely trash. Indeed the oppositite is the case. I personally know books written by Ghanaians athat are used in Nigerian schools. I wasn’t told this. I saw them with my own eyes. I think there is one or two by Quartey and others I can’t immediately mention. Go do your research very well. The best teachers in Nigeria are still Ghanaians, and this is a fact!

Somebody says every pharmaceutical item in Ghana has a NAFDAC no, meaning they were made in Nigeria. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Perhaps I should explain for fickle-minded folks like you. If a company in India produces a drug for sale in West Africa, they will put NAFDAC code on it as well the code of the regulatory body in Ghana,otherwise that drug cannot enter Ghana. NAFDAC registration is not recognized in Ghana. So what is the relevance of a NAFDAC code to products sold in Ghana? If not for the fact that you are hell-bent on seeing Nigeria in every product in Ghana, you would have also seen FDB on the label.

Well, I have seen Nigeria buy more than kente,alomo bitters to sell in our country. I have seen,not heard, them buy shoes,clothes,gold etc etc to sell in Nigeria. They told me it is cheaper here. That is what they said.

greatogwu , what are you doing in Ghana if you don’t think Ghana is making progress? I hope you are not one of those Igbo boys doing yahoo yahoo here? Very soon people like you would be flushed out!
Re: Ghana Is Currently The World's Fastest Growing Economy! Where Naija? by greatogwu: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
PetroDolla, you are living on a fo,ols paradise, All the all the shops in Ghana have Nigeria good on them , in my office here the standing fan we use has SON MARK ON IT , PetroDolla you are a big time fo,ol , in Gtv and other local station in Ghana always make comments or refer to Nigeria as example on whatever they do, Fo-Ols like PetroDolla will never see or know that, JJ rawling is the only man that know Nigeria better to he-el with you PetroDolla.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti LG Elections: Accreditation, Distribution Of Election Materials & Voting / NNPC Speaks On Explosion At NPDC’s Benin River Valve Station / Ondo 2020: Zlp State, Lg, Ward Excos Join Apc, Declare Support For Gov Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.