Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. (4143 Views)

Wike Sacks Opunabo Inko-Tariah, His Media Adviser / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec / 9ice Appointed Special Adviser To Oyo State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by HighChief4(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2011
AFRESH crisis is brewing in the Ogun State civil service over the conduct of the Special Adviser on Lands to Governor Ibikunle Amosun, Mrs. Segun Abiodun. Mrs. Abiodun, an architect and member of the state executive council, last week slapped the Permanent Secretary of the Bureau of Urban and Physical Planning, Mrs. O.O. Okuboyejo, in the presence of junior workers.

Mrs. Okuboyejo’s colleagues are already up in arms with the Amosun administration “because we will not allow this type of impunity and lawlessness become a state policy in Ogun State.

“Remember when Amosun himself tried to sack eight Permanent Secretaries, he called one of us a thief and our colleague replied him immediately that ‘Mr. Governor, I am not a thief and please, don’t refer to me like that again’. We will not allow the maltreatment of Mrs. Okuboyejo to go unchallenged,” said a Permanent Secretary.

It was learnt that Mrs. Abiodun stormed the office of the Bureau and directed Mrs. Okuboyejo to go and inspect some sites.
But, the Permanent Secretary, who recently had an accident and is still on crutches, told her that given her health condition, she won’t be able to embark on the inspection. Rather, she added that one of the directors in the Bureau would lead other officials on the inspection.

This response infuriated Mrs. Abiodun who told her that she must lead the inspection team because she (Okuboyejo) just returned from a workshop in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, and it is not now that there is work for her to do that she would be dodging it.

While the Permanent Secretary was trying to explain to the Special Adviser that her condition would not allow her, she got angry and slapped her.

Said a source: “We had to rescue Mrs. Okuboyejo from her. It was an embarrassing situation. We have never had it so bad in Ogun State. For an appointee to have slapped a Permanent Secretary is the height of insult. If a Permanent Secretary could be slapped like that, then, what will they not do to middle-level officers like us?

“The situation was so bad that the Head of Service, Mrs. Iyabo Odulate, had to intervene to calm nerves. You know as a senior public service, Mrs. Odulate couldn’t have done anything but it was obvious from her countenance that she didn’t like what happened. You know in public service law, any public officer who engages in physical combat should be dismissed outrightly. We will see how this one will go”.

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3143:amosuns-special-adviser-slaps-perm-sec&catid=54:nigeria-today&Itemid=594
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by okadaman2: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
Fire the IDIOOOOT and put her in jail for assault and battery.

No iota of decorum or self control.

Very silly menopausal Dooooofus.
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by KnowAll(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2011
This is one of the reasons I would never take paid job in Nigeria. Imagine a Special Adviser slapping a PS. No strong institutions are our biggest problem. If it were England irrespective of who is guilty, the one that hit another would go down definitely.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by olawalebabs(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
That source is doubtful, is that not the mouth piece of OGD? i doubt it.
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by seanet02: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2011
Compass Newspaper. Any better or credible source?
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by omonnakoda: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
I understand that the Slappee was sacked the following month by Governor Amosun after she had been forced to publish a public denial
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by omonnakoda: 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
Also sacked was the Permanent Secretary who told the Governor not to call him a thief.
We can see that realy ACN and PDP are just the same really
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by gratiaeo(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
Agberos
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
Examplary leader indeed
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
Compass newspaper ? Of course you don't need any one to tell you what is going on!
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by omonnakoda: 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
ilugunboy: Compass newspaper ? Of course you don't need any one to tell you what is going on!
tell us what is going on
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Pataki: 2:49am On Mar 30, 2013
Compass newspaper is a PDP agenda. We all know that.
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by omonnakoda: 4:21am On Mar 30, 2013
Pataki: Compass newspaper is a PDP agenda. We all know that.
Is the story true or false
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Pataki: 4:28am On Mar 30, 2013
omonnakoda: Is the story true or false
Until I find another credible newspaper source, it is NOT true. I can never believe OGD newspaper.
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Tigerhead: 4:37am On Mar 30, 2013
Evil people from the axis of evil

Pataki:
Until I find another credible newspaper source, it is NOT true. I can never believe OGD newspaper.
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by omonnakoda: 4:59am On Mar 30, 2013
it is all over the internet
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Pataki: 7:26am On Mar 30, 2013
omonnakoda: it is all over the internet

You liars and cyber-spin doctors never cease to amaze me. Show me a credible weblink, you rather refer me to the internet.

OK, I went all over the internet and this is what I found:

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201108151010.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.ng%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den-GB%26redir_esc%3D%26client%3Dms-android-samsung%26source%3Dandroid-browser-type%26v%3D141338691%26qsubts%3D1364624086804%26q%3DSpecial%2Badviser%2Bslapping%2Bpermanent%2Bsecretary

Compass newspaper is a CAPITAL FRAUD!

MODS please delete this pathetic and lies-entrenched thread away.
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 30, 2013
omonnakoda: tell us what is going on

My guy...don't take line hook and sinker whatever Compass tells you about the government of the day in OG State....one of the former Gov SSA is my neighbour so I have an idea of how much they detest the present govt and the extent they can go to paint it in bad light.
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by omonnakoda: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

My guy...don't take line hook and sinker whatever Compass tells you about the government of the day in OG State....one of the former Gov SSA is my neighbour so I have an idea of how much they detest the present govt and the extent they can go to paint it in bad light.
I am not partisan in my politics and even if you are you should not be fanatical about it.I used to respect you before
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by omonnakoda: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2013
Pataki:

You liars and cyber-spin doctors never cease to amaze me. Show me a credible weblink, you rather refer me to the internet.

OK, I went all over the internet and this is what I found:

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201108151010.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.ng%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den-GB%26redir_esc%3D%26client%3Dms-android-samsung%26source%3Dandroid-browser-type%26v%3D141338691%26qsubts%3D1364624086804%26q%3DSpecial%2Badviser%2Bslapping%2Bpermanent%2Bsecretary

Compass newspaper is a CAPITAL FRAUD!

MODS please delete this pathetic and lies-entrenched thread away.
I am not a liar or a spin doctor. Is there a good reason for calling me a liar? I do not accept abuse on Nairaland. I humbly request an apology for that undecided. I do not recall referring YOU anywhere. Please do not get carried away with excitement
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2013
omonnakoda: I am not partisan in my politics and even if you are you should not be fanatical about it.I used to respect you before

If telling you the truth the way I know it is not comfortable for you....no apology for that

Are you working for Compass or OGD?
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Ejine(m): 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
No offence meant, but I think our South-Western friends are really talented slappers.

Let's not forget Adedibu once delivered a devastating slap to the Oyo state deputy governor simply because he didn't greet him.

As well as Aregbesola the patron saint of thunderous slaps!

Now I fear for Boko Haram because Afenifere threatened to deal with them. Musa and Hassan better wear astronaut helmets when confronting Afenifere, else na SLAPS go send them to their early graves.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Thank you Afam
Re: Amosun’s Special Adviser Slaps Perm Sec. by 7842I: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ejiné: No offence meant, but I think our South-Western friends are really talented slappers.

Let's not forget Adedibu once delivered a devastating slap to the Oyo state deputy governor simply because he didn't greet him.

As well as Aregbesola the patron saint of thunderous slaps!

Now I fear for Boko Haram because Afenifere threatened to deal with them. Musa and Hassan better wear astronaut helmets when confronting Afenifere, else na SLAPS go send them to their early graves.

The south west has many reckless slappers, was it not Oyedepo that slapped the evil spirits out of a worshipper in his church? grin

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria's Democracy, Democratic? / I Criticised Jonathan Nothing Happened, I Criticised Buhari & I Get Death Threat / Jigawa Gov. Sule Lamido To Dump PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.