Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:48 AM

Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator (15576 Views)

Aiyedatiwa Pledges Loyalty To Akeredolu As Gov. Sacks Deputy’s Media Aides / 2023: Tinubu Commissions Southwest Campaign Office In Ondo / Tinubu 'Sacks' Sen Binani As Campaign Coordinator For Adamawa After She Resigned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Kazeemabiodun: 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2022
Yes may God help them

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by bhella10: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
Very brilliant. Akeredolu is a unifier per excellence. Jagaban sure knows how to play this game. BAT/Shettima 23 is a goal.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Goke7: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
kafeii123:

Ekiti is locked for APC already... there's still much work to be done in Ogun..Oyo and Osun..but APC is still very strong in those areas too....but you see Ondo...APC will fall flat in Ondo if tinubu doesn't work hard..and I think Akeredolu's appointment may go a long way in fixing that....let's hope it'll work tho..my problem is just that salient fact that this man is too feeble to rule ...plus the fact that we can't keep handing this country to people with links to murderers, money embezzlers and drug pushers... It won't speak well for us internationally..that we are being led by people with identity crisis......andour intelligentsia will bear that scorn over the world that someone with such dark a past...is the one directing our nation's affairs...

What message do we want to pass to the upcoming generation...that crime and criminality can get you into the presidency.... Which correctly functional country has ever had a president with the type of pedigree that some of our current leaders have...how can we expect to move forward...if we keep doing this to ourselves in this country...these are the fears....

If we were running a regional government...will the Yorubas have let someone like Amoda Ogunlere near any government post at all?.... will the Igbos have lowed someone like Ngige...and this imo governor lead them ...will the south south allow ameachi..and an an ex cultist be their best foot forward?.... Rather than just being cabinet members for use in cases that demand such hardness of character?...maybe we should go into 2023 thinking this way...

I believe we've reached the stage where all of those who ever had any direct dealings with the military should be made to take a back seat....it was the military who led us down this path we're now trying to veer off from

you guys should stop deceiving yourselves, there is no saint as a politician anywhere in the world. Do you think the politicians in the Western nations are all saints? Buhari rode on the mantra of integrity and we have seen the result. Obi wants to ride too on the mantra of integrity and saving money and you think people will be fooled again? Please wake up, the western nations defining saints for you are all deceivers themselves. Anybody telling you he will not embezzle money in office is a deceiver. No Nigerian politician today including all those who are contesting can beat their chest that they had never committed one crime or the other. Both the Military and the civilians are all criminals who had let us down one way or the other. Vote for your preferred candidate but don't tell me which one is a criminal cos you will never find any clean politician, all na scam

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Goodnigga: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2022
YoungLionken:
Tinubu and strategy( I think he's better when it comes to it)..

See how he quickly made him the south west coordinator grin..

So that he can easily gain and overwhelm the support of the people, due to the owo massacre..

Before you know, They will start using Yoruba to tell their fellows that a vote for Atiku, is a vote for bokoharam and bandits, while a vote for Obi is a vote for IPOB/ESN, to be powerful enough to dominate cheesy...
That will work when Nigerians have not suffered untold hardship for 8 years under the same APC? Atiku and BAT were both with Buhari under APC, no difference. Nigerians wants to experience difference and a breath of fresh air
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by bhella10: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2022
Agboriotejoye:
He should have taken Fayemi
Fayemi's tenure is winding up.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by bhella10: 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ceejay94:
The truth is that Peter Obi is the Only person that is credible out of the four candidates that have emerged from these various parties, as regard to competence. What happened to Osibanjo, what about fashola, sanusi lamido sanusi, amaechi, and some other leaders? Why would it be old and corrupt man like Tinubu that would emerge? Still some Nigerian youths are still supporting him because of tribe. It is high time we change the narrative in this great country. Let's do away with tribal politics because there is no place Hausa man will buy something cheap and other tribes will buy it costly, vice versa. If we fail this time, it's gonna affect everybody
Oga shut up. Support your Pandora let us support our Agbado in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Okoroawusa: 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
Jlow2:
Some one he never supported in 2015
Tinubu is not like you that holds grudge for ever.
Even if Aregbesola comes now and is ready to work for Tinubu, he can. That's the personality he has that makes everyone that has come across him ready to lay down their lives for him.
You can't work with Tinubu and regret it

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Bontafa: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Tinubu is not like you that holds grudge for ever.
Even if Aregbesola comes now and is ready to work for Tinubu, he can. That's the personality he has that makes everyone that has come across him ready to lay down their lives for him.
You can't work with Tinubu and regret it

Shatap
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by adioolayi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2022
onuman:

With the present candidates, nothing - no chase game or rigging, will make Tinubu win the next presidential election.

If you have said that the outcome of 2023 elections is too close to call...I would have agreed..

Outrightly saying Tinubu can't win is just shared hatred and not an open minded assertion.

For me...he has a chance...so do Atiku and Obi.

I've written off Peter Obi before now, but series of recent events seems to be working in his favour as his supporters are keeping up the tempo.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Bar1941(m): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2022
dam2000:
Atiku is coming

back to Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Abdu81: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
grin

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Atiku and his effeminate 3rd Class dullard girlfriend will shout rigging as usual.
anything is possible tinubu might rig.

Then shettima becomes president

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Abdu81: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
adioolayi:

If you have said that the outcome of 2023 elections is too close to call...I would have agreed..

Outrightly saying Tinubu can't win is just shared hatred and not an open minded assertion.

For me...he has a chance...so do Atiku and Obi.

I've written off Peter Obi before now, but series of recent events seems to be working in his favour as his supporters are keeping up the tempo.

Please CNN says tinubu is not contesting.

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by funshint(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hmmmn Aketi in...this is voyolence o cheesy
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by jaxxy(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
grin

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Atiku and his effeminate 3rd Class dullard girlfriend will shout rigging as usual.

akeredolu doesn't look himself again since he started defending bad market.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Ayoolamax: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
We can’t afford to have another old man as President. Let’s be honest with ourselves.
Abeg be honest with ur self in ur room oooo
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Image123(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2022
obedience4:

Dem no share coordinator reach your hand??
Them for give you nairalane cor-dinator na grin

Quite funny you think so myopic that anyone not supporting Obi must be doing it for money or some political favour. i can simply clearly see the disaster that Obi is, that's why i talk to say it clearly. He's a waste of time and years for Nigeria with little difference to GEJ, very average if not below average usual nigerian politician. Obi only looks so good to many because Buhari turned out so bad on major fronts.(It is like dog food looking so sweet and desirable to a dying hungry soul).
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Ayoolamax: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
ednut1:
Akeredolu go and pay ondo workers their salaries na. Yeye man
see werey wey dey abakaliki dey talk about Ondo state
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by sterlingD(m): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
No wonder
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by ednut1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ayoolamax:
see werey wey dey abakaliki dey talk about Ondo state
oponu ni e. Yoruba ni mi. Oloriburuku ni aketi. Ki o lo sanwo osishe
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by abbey621(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ceejay94:
The truth is that Peter Obi is the Only person that is credible out of the four candidates that have emerged from these various parties, as regard to competence. What happened to Osibanjo, what about fashola, sanusi lamido sanusi, amaechi, and some other leaders? Why would it be old and corrupt man like Tinubu that would emerge? Still some Nigerian youths are still supporting him because of tribe. It is high time we change the narrative in this great country. Let's do away with tribal politics because there is no place Hausa man will buy something cheap and other tribes will buy it costly, vice versa. If we fail this time, it's gonna affect everybody

You're still mistaken, you can say old but corrupt? Really? So let me guess the boss is corrupt but his henchmen are not? Osinbajo, Fashola, even Sanusi and Amaechi are all products of godfatherism and corruption. So abeg make we leave sentiments out of this, Obi might be the best based on morality but morality without practicability is a wasted effort! Politics is never about just one man, even if he miraculously won enough votes to be president, how would he stop the corrupt elements in PDP and/or APC from porting over and joining his party? Look at APC in 2016, half of PDP don port over, Nigerian politicians are prostitutes, anywhere belle face.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by kafeii123: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2022
Goke7:

you guys should stop deceiving yourselves, there is no saint as a politician anywhere in the world. Do you think the politicians in the Western nations are all saints? Buhari rode on the mantra of integrity and we have seen the result. Obi wants to ride too on the mantra of integrity and saving money and you think people will be fooled again? Please wake up, the western nations defining saints for you are all deceivers themselves. Anybody telling you he will not embezzle money in office is a deceiver. No Nigerian politician today including all those who are contesting can beat their chest that they had never committed one crime or the other. Both the Military and the civilians are all criminals who had let us down one way or the other. Vote for you preferred candidate but don't tell me which one is a criminal cos you will never find any clean politician, all na scam

What you're saying about them all....is true...but you'll agree with me...that at least there's one of them on whom no single stain of corruption has yet been found and stuck... he's not in the ruling party..so if he has skeletons.. I'm sure they would have released it to the open

if we keep voting for our grandfathers...when will it be our own turn.... Tinubu and majorly Abiola were part of those who financed Abacha's coup... while Buhari himself was one of Abacha's right hand men then....

Atiku's corruption is also well established...starting frim his time in customs...to selling national assets etc... I feel these two need to rest...if Tinubu wins.. and Nigeria doesn't get better...cos I don't see any chance that it will....unless if it's not this crop of APC "technocrats" that gets appointed and there's high chance they'll be the ones...then the southwest becomes shamed... just like the north is now being riled for leading us into hell...

The international community will never take us serious...... and our rep is currently more than bad..as it is now....

It's not about if there's a saint amongst them...but I'll prefer a leader we can shout on... and expect him to listen to us...than one who would keep quiet.. even when we're being killed... Fasoranti's daughter was murdered in Ondo by children of mere cattle herders..... How can a boy whose only expense..is the food his parents have given him since birth..murder another one whose parents have not only served this country and region meritoriously...but have also invested huge sums.. raising that child..... And nothing happened......neither tinubu..nor akeredolu could utter a word.. simply because they're seeking the presidency.. if it had been GEJ...even Soyinka who didn't know any chibok citizen personally...let alone being related to or just evn knowing any of the abducted chibok girls ..could rile his mouth .. and nothing was done to him...

I prefer the iboman in this instance.. cos with him in Aso rock... southwesterners would be more than able to talk...if there's notice of any foul play in e.g. appointments... But if tinubu enters.. and they armtwist him into going against the Yorubas interests..no one wld be able to talk..after all na our pikin dey dia... moreover...we don't have any assurance..that he'll be able to finish two terms well...or that they'll allow another southwesterner finish his term..Incase he's unable to do so .. they'll just pay a few guys up.... and the tune will change..

Same way northerners are finding it hard to cry out now... despite losing their children to rampaging bandits and terrorists...it was easier for them... when it was a foreigner ruling... now they must observe table manners...

This is my issue...the easterner will work hard to better the country..cos his reelection will be hinged on him performing....if any of these others get there..na "this is our turn" mentality e go be... and we will have to just wait .. praying for their tenure to elapse in time... without being able to be accountable

Maybe we should return to the regional system...where we have regional premiers and then a president or prime minister...each region will want their own best interests.. and will promote their best hands to lead them... but what we have now is shambolic in some sense...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by shinealight(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2022
Zonefree:
Waste of Appointment undecided

Tinubu will come distant 3rd in next year's election.

It is simply impossible. It is not by making noises all over the place….the real voters are in the rural areas and largely illiterate with little or no interest in social media. They simply follow the guidance given by their leaders.
Plus APC already has Governors in 22 out of 36 States, Senators, House of Rep members, etc, who all have a stake in APC winning in their States, be it Presidential or other.
APC remains the party to beat!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Dapson73(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tinubu has won the election hands down.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Thegoodone13(m): 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2022
Obi or Tinubu
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by forgiveness: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2022
Smart move by Tinubu camp. He has to win Aregbesola, Osibanjo and other aggrieved SW members of APC to his camp.

No winner takes it all.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
Who will he appoint in the South South and South east?
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Indispensable85(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2022
I'm loving this Tinubu strategic appointments.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Hassanmaye(m): 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2022
Re: Tinubu Appoints Akeredolu As Southwest Campaign Coordinator by Babastrong(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2022
[quote author=MyVILLAGEpeople post=116816150]We can’t afford to have another old man as President. Let’s be honest with ourselves. [ So in your family 63yrs old man is a young man.]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality / Tinubu To Address Chatham House, Visit US And Other EU Countries In December / EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.