Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? (7866 Views)

President Has Not Abandoned Projects, Says Abati / Jonathan Hasn’t Approved Sale Of Refineries, Says Abati / GEJ Will Not Declare His Assets On The Pages Of Newspapers, Says Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:42pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ beaf, the discussion here is not about what GEJ has achieved but how Abati has gone about laundering his image. There are better things Abati could have pointed out as GEJ's succeses so far as against what he listed. there are also better things he could have indicated as being part of GEJ's plans for the future. In other words, Abati's laundering of GEJ's image is unconvincing.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Merc: 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2011
Jona is obviously a weak leader. Noting much from him except talk talk.
grin
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Beaf: 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2011
Deep Sight:

I enjoy civil discussions, and I have not insulted you, so I'd crave your indulgence that we keep this civil please.

It appears you did not read my posts. I made it clear that this thread, in proper context, is not about the President, but about the views and words of his Spokesman, Mr. Abati, whilts trying to demonstrate that the president is working hard.

I therefore asked you the very specific question as to whether the visits Mr. Abati cited in his statement actually qualify as "hard-work".

The question is that simple. If you cannot answer it, you needn't resort to insults, son.

Can you tell me, as a postscript, whether Jonathan's visit to Uganda was also "hard work"? Note that I wrote -

So those are the issues, son. No need for insults if you have your points. Just answer them.

Hmmm! Dude, I too am in a struggle.
From the bolded, you are discussing your own topic. It seems you wish to critisise Abati and want me to do the same.
You obviously find your own words very confusing.

What part of GEJ's manifesto do think he should have completed in two months? I hope that question is not too confusing?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Beaf: 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

@ beaf, the discussion here is not about what GEJ has achieved but how Abati has gone about laundering his image. There are better things Abati could have pointed out as GEJ's succeses so far as against what he listed. there are also better things he could have indicated as being part of GEJ's plans for the future. In other words, Abati's laundering of GEJ's image is unconvincing.

The question is; "what is the damn question?"
Lol!!!
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2011
for once, i would like to "like" madam KoboJ's reply. in total agreement. Ride on Kobo.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:03am On Aug 14, 2011
@ Beaf, we are just going round in circles. i've tried to make it clear that this about Abati not GEJ but you're just trying to avoid accepting that line of discussion. why are you trying to rope in what GEJ has done in the past two months when it's not in question?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by sweet9ja: 12:14am On Aug 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Sweet9ja, forget what you think of others on nairaland, and their approach to dealing with a problem all too obvious. There you are, and there is common sense right in front of you. Forget what you THINK(note: this still lives 99% in your mind unless you can substantiate even 1% of it) the President claims he stands for, and focus more on COMMON SENSE and what it requires of you.

No one gets to write the book on HOW it ought to be done . . . . what common sense depicts is that when you and I, as human beings, citizens of a country(yes, even Nigeria)see something wrong, WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. We don't just fold our hands, pretending it will all go away if we just keep quiet or ignore it. These people, whom you have chosen to "hate on" on nairaland, are probably doing what they think they know to --- they are doing something about it--- the question is, why are you suggesting they stop doing what they are doing and instead do nothing since in your earlier post you suggest they all instead wait 4 years before acting? 
@Kobojunkie, I have no reason to hate anyone, rather I dislike the manner of approach to sensitive issues as displayed by many on NL.
Ofcourse, everyone have the right to air their opinion but, let's keep it decent and in the spirite of love.
GEJ is not a majician to turn things around in one sweep but, I'm sure he's very much aware of what he got himself into and is working toward moving naija in the write direction.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by DeepSight(m): 12:20am On Aug 14, 2011
Beaf:

Hmmm! Dude, I too am in a struggle.
From the bolded, you are discussing your own topic. It seems you wish to critisise Abati and want me to do the same.
You obviously find your own words very confusing.

What part of GEJ's manifesto do think he should have completed in two months? I hope that question is not too confusing?

For the umpteenth time son, we are discussing Abati:

Abati's defense of GEJ. That's the issue.

Do you think Abati's exemplification of the president's "hard work" was suitable as such. If you will avoid this question any further (i notice you are silent on Uganda), then I promise I'll drop the topic. Don't like going around in circles son.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Aug 14, 2011
sweet9ja:

@Kobojunkie, I have no reason to hate anyone, rather I dislike the manner of approach to sensitive issues as displayed by many on NL.
Ofcourse, everyone have the right to air their opinion but, let's keep it decent and in the spirite of love.
GEJ is not a majician to turn things around in one sweep but, I'm sure he's very much aware of what he got himself into and is working toward moving naija in the write direction.

If you have no reason to hate, why do you then assume everyone else, who does not seem to things your way, in this, definitely HATES?

You may dislike the manner of approach, BUT, I can't say this enough, you do not get to write the book on how it ought to be done though. In all facets of life, people react differently, and just because someone does things one way, does not mean you can just say their way is wrong(without making some real effort in proving this to be the case).

On Goodluck Jonathan, no one ever expected him to be a magician --- I mean why do you think that the position he occupies comes with access to ALL our resources? It is so he does not have to work magic at all to get things done. He has access to more resources, and man power, than any other Nigerian on the planet can claim and so it is sensible to expect some result(not magical) not substantial enough to justify the sacrifice being made to have him occupy that seat.

Earlier, you had suggested people wait 4 years to show their disgust for the current situation, but now it seems you are suggesting that everything is going well, and I am curious as to how you are able to reconcile the current facts we have today with that thought process of yours. How do you merge reality and what you have there? Care to help the rest of us?

On your being sure that he is much aware of what he got himself into, and his working towards moving Nigeria forward, I have to ask, what indicators give you this assurance. Where did you get this information from? I am more than certain you are not a mind reader. All indicators, in the last 1 year point to Nigeria not moving forward at expected pace, so how exactly did you come about this KNOWLEDGE of yours?  I am always curious as to how some people seem to believe they have the motives, and mindset of those in leadership figured out. Where do you get your information from?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Beaf: 12:54am On Aug 14, 2011
Deep Sight:

For the umpteenth time son, we are discussing Abati:

Abati's defense of GEJ. That's the issue.

Do you think Abati's exemplification of the president's "hard work" was suitable as such. If you will avoid this question any further (i notice you are silent on Uganda), then I promise I'll drop the topic. Don't like going around in circles son.

Its just so damn funny how I WAS TOTALLY NOT discussing Abati when you bumped in and called my attention (I surely didn't call yours). See why I think you are confused, sir?
Dude, if you want to go on some discussion where you roll dice to choose the topic every 2 or 3 seconds, its fine with me; I just wouldn't be part of it.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by luluosas(m): 12:58am On Aug 14, 2011
Boyloaf:

God purnish all of una wey nor like GEJ. I repeat, i say God go purnish una oh! Dis man came, changed alot of laws to favour d down throden in d society, yet una nor appreciate! Well, as a corper, i pray for GEJ everyday. He brought succur to d youths of 9ja. If u hav a corper in your family or as a friend, ask him/her to tell u d direct effect GEJ's govt  is havin on them. God bless GEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hav enuf money to start a biz after NYSC untill am able to get a well payin job. All courtesy of GEJ. Infact una dey mad again oooooo
Hey wake up! I pray for you that, you will roam the streets of Nigeria in the sun and rain, looking for job, without success, after your NYSC, since you blinded your eyes over the directionless government of Jonathan.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by rovders: 1:02am On Aug 14, 2011
s abati has gone over to the other side
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 14, 2011
two years from now, the spin and spellers will be blathering GEJ's line - that nigeria's problems cannot be solved in four years as an excuse for his inevitable failure

are they not the same ones who were spamming the board with his 12 years experience in government? so why are they now running in circles making desperate excuses?

the sad thing is that with all the challenges we have, GEJ has myraid opportunities to have his name in gold

power

corruption

transport infrastructure

security

yet he focuses onn election reform - the only change he can think of which will not incur the wrath of his benefactors and which will ultimately mean nothing at all. we spent billions on the elections - so? we have spent far more on phcn, far more on road contracts with nothing to show.

the meetings with important people mean next to nothing - we all remember obj's spree of foreign trips when he was looking for investments

i'm sure for americans its an iside joke - yay - gej is coming, at least a corrupt politician get to spend a week or two in incarceration and in the public eye - lets do our bit to give those poor nigerians hope
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 14, 2011
luluosas:

Hey wake up! I pray for you that, you will roam the streets of Nigeria in the sun and rain, looking for job, without success, after your NYSC, since you blinded your eyes over the directionless government of Jonathan.
bloody northern hater! Are you God? So, f.uc.k u!
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Senatorkolade: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2011
" I had no shoes, I used to go to school with bare footed, I had no uniform, I was once like you, If I can make it, you too can make it, vote for transformation"
yes, transformation indeed: prices of food items are skyrocketed, cement is still N1800, kerosene is expensive, our roads are still bad, we are still importing fuel. Now 4years not enough, we need 6yrs. Abati said it is too early to judge mumu GEJ but it was not too early to prepare a bill for tenure extension. I dey laugh ooo, people said is Jonathan they voted for not PDP. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIX AND HALF A DOZEN?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2011
Senatorkolade:

" I had no shoes, I used to go to school with bare footed, I had no uniform, I was once like you, If I can make it, you too can make it, vote for transformation"
yes, transformation indeed: prices of food items are skyrocketed, cement is still N1800, kerosene is expensive, our roads are still bad, we are still importing fuel. Now 4years not enough, we need 6yrs. Abati said it is too early to judge mumu GEJ but it was not too early to prepare a bill for tenure extension. I dey laugh ooo, people said is Jonathan they voted for not PDP. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIX AND HALF A DOZEN?

na so e be o

the spin and spellers were spamming the board with their usual lies

i was at a meeting last week with a contractor about to embark on a major project for my employer

weeks before, during negotiations, we had been pushng for reduced costs because of the soon to be implemented drop in cement prices

well, theres no cement in dangote's warehoues at that price.

the announcemet of dropping the price was just pr - for a limited time only - for the current batch

cement is as costly as ever

thats what you get from transformation

hot air
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2011
We saw it coming, we raised alarm but deluded fools will never listen , GEJ is a dunce
Beleive me the worst is yet to come, fresh Fart
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Gbenge77(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2011
From an activist to a government apologist.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Demdem(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2011
Just one question for my dear Beaf.
Abegii, u av 2 options to either answer the question or not. if u decide to answer, please no insult. if u dont answer no qualms. u are free to ignore me.
if u add insults then av it at the back of ur mind that u are reffering to ur love ones and those not yet born.

Question: Who was the President of Nigeria on June 1st 2010 ?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Beaf: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2011
^
Please help me answer an even simpler question, your honest answer will clear any doubts about whether your question is of high intellectual, moral or nuisance value:

Whose manifesto was in operation on June 1st 2010?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by dabrake(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2011
Promo 4 mr abati! Buy 2 coffins and get 1 free
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Demdem(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2011
Beaf:

^
Please help me answer an even simpler question, your honest answer will clear any doubts about whether your question is of high intellectual, moral or nuisance value:

Whose manifesto was in operation on June 1st 2010?

typical Nigerian. answering a question with another question. i will answer your question and i hope u will also do me the honour of answering mine.
yaradua/jonathan manifesto.
Yaradua died before then and GEJ was expected to carry on (hope to be corrected by u if need be).

Now answer my own question BEAF
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2011
Mr GEJ in an NTA televised interview with a couple of journalist immediately after becoming president in 2010 "I will not deceive nigerians with any point agenda, my government will just work for the nigerian people" manifesto my arz
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Beaf: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2011
Demdem:

typical Nigerian. answering a question with another question. i will answer your question and i hope u will also do me the honour of answering mine.
yaradua/jonathan manifesto.
Yaradua died before then and GEJ was expected to carry on (hope to be corrected by u if need be).

Now answer my own question BEAF

On June 1st 2010, govt was 100% running Yar Adua's manifesto; no if's or but's. Just as the current one GEJ was mandated to run from TWO months ago is 100% his.
VP's do not own any part of the manifesto. Talk of a Yar Adua/Jonathan manifesto is either mischievious or ignorant.

Quite clearly, most of you do not even have a good understanding of what the constitution says about the Presidency, talkless of being able to extrapolate that to define his mandate. When did VP's start writing manifesto's? I could weep in frustration! embarassed
How can you even understand the question you are attempting without a basic grounding in how things work? Its easy to read the constitution so that we do not make wild assumptions.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by kokoA(m): 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2011
We all saw it coming but allowed some irrelivant sentiments to cloud our judgement. "We will vote for GEJ not PDP". grin grin grin LWKMD, Nairalanders Enjoy your FRESH AIR! lol.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by luluosas(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2011
Boyloaf:

bloody northern hater! Are you God? So, f.uc.k u!
Northern hater? I laugh in ugbugo language! I am a Southerner and residing in the North. I will never join the incompetent Jonathan for the sake of being my southern brother. Wake up once again.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by amy21: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2011
smiley
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Demdem(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2011
Beaf:

On June 1st 2010, govt was 100% running Yar Adua's manifesto; no if's or but's. Just as the current one GEJ was mandated to run from TWO months ago is 100% his.
VP's do not own any part of the manifesto. Talk of a Yar Adua/Jonathan manifesto is either mischievious or ignorant.

Quite clearly, most of you do not even have a good understanding of what the constitution says about the Presidency, talkless of being able to extrapolate that to define his mandate. When did VP's start writing manifesto's? I could weep in frustration! embarassed
How can you even understand the question you are attempting without a basic grounding in how things work? Its easy to read the constitution so that we do not make wild assumptions.

i couldnt avoid smiling at this response of urs. its hilarious to be honest.
however can u now kindly answer my question avin answered urs. for emphasis, will repeat it again

Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by ahmedaji: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2011
Thanks @Deep sight for ur objectivity. @Beef, I used to think of you in a better light but your augment on the topic has changed my opinion of you. Education is not wisdom.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by okadaman2: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2011
DemDem and Beaf, just to help your back and forth.

This was the speech President Goodluck Jonathan gave on May 6 2010 when he was sworn in after the death of President Yar 'adua. Im sure there were other speeches and promises shortly after that.

I particularly have not see any electoral reform rather i saw a lot of electoral fucckkery and highhanded treatment and oppression of the opposition and detention of candidates on trumped up charges, (few days ago we read about The presidents nomination of PDP members  and known sympathizers as INEC REC's ) During the election, I saw an INEC that was as confused as a masquerade dropped in an empty market.

We can look at the other promises on water and electricity and decide for ourselves. I know many graduates in my circle who are still unemployed while a lot have been laid off. I guess how you see this will depend on what expectations you have from a leader.

We all have to decide as Nigerians if this man has satisfactorily fulfilled any of the promises he made on that day. By May 6 next year, it will be 2 years since he became president. As for me, Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan is currently failing.

It is definitely not too early to judge him.

Address by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCON, to the Nation on assumption of office as President, Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, on May 6, 2010.

PROTOCOL

1. My dear brothers and sisters, it is with deep sense of loss and profound sorrow that I received the news of the passing on of His Excellency, President Umaru Musa Yar’ Adua, Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2. Our President passed away peacefully in the Presidential villa in Abuja yesterday evening, the 5th day of May 2010. While we submit to the will of God as a people of faith, this sad event has placed our nation in deep mourning.

3. On behalf of the good people of our great Country Nigeria, I stand by our First Lady, Her Excellency Hajia Turai Yar’ Adua, the Children, our Mother, Hajia Habiba Musa Yar Adua, and the entire Yar’ Adua family and offer our heartfelt condolences on the demise of our amiable leader.

4. President Yar’ Adua’s contribution to political development and good governance would never be forgotten. He will therefore always occupy a pride of place in the political history of our dear Nation. He was a man of great personal integrity, deep devotion to God and outstanding humility. In all his public service, he displayed uncommon commitment to the peace, progress and unity of our country. He has left for us a profound legacy that provides a firm foundation for Nigeria’s future. His exit has therefore created a huge vacuum in his personal contributions to the political growth and development of our nation. I have lost not just a boss but a good friend and brother.

5. Having taken the oath of office in line with the Nigerian Constitution, under these very sad and unusual circumstances, I urge all fellow citizens to remain steadfast and committed to the values and aspirations of our nation. While this is a major burden on me and indeed the entire nation, we must in the midst of such great adversity continue to garner our collective efforts towards upholding the values which our departed leader represented.

6. In this regard our total commitment to Good Governance, Electoral Reform and the fight against Corruption would be pursued with greater vigour. As I had stated time and again, we must enshrine the best standards in our democratic practice. One of the true tests would be to ensure that all votes count and are counted in the upcoming General Elections. Similarly the effort at ensuring the sustenance of peace and development in the Niger Delta as well as the security of life and property around the entire country would be of top most priority in the remaining period of this administration.

7. I want to reassure all Nigerians that the pledges which we had made to improve the socio-economic situation which we face through improved access to electricity, water, education, health facilities and other social amenities would continue to be given the needed emphasis. The welfare of our teeming workers and the unemployed youths would also be accorded a new impetus.

8. My brothers and sisters, I call on all Nigerians to pray for the repose of the soul of our departed President. May God, in his infinite mercy, and compassion grant him eternal peace.

9. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2011
Senatorkolade:

yes, transformation indeed: [size=13pt]prices of food items are skyrocketed, cement is still N1800, kerosene is expensive, our roads are still bad[/size], we are still importing fuel. Now 4years not enough, we need 6yrs. Abati said it is too early to judge mumu GEJ but it was not too early to prepare a bill for tenure extension. I dey laugh ooo, people said is Jonathan they voted for not PDP. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIX AND HALF A DOZEN?

Sad! sad sad sad sad
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Beaf: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2011
Demdem:

i couldnt avoid smiling at this response of urs. its hilarious to be honest.
however can u now kindly answer my question avin answered urs. for emphasis, will repeat it again

I see you are attempting to avoid your homework. Find out whose manifesto was running in 2010 and then come back; there have been more than enough low-brained exertions on this thread already and I do not intend to be part of them.
Hmmm! I wonder what you found funny, could it be that you have found out? Quite a few would wear a rueful smile after being found asking crap questions that have been logically proven to have been made from positions of mischeif or ignorance. Don't you think? Lol!

I have asked each and everyone of you passers, which of GEJ's campaign promises do you think can be executed in two months? Its your turn, and all you can do is smile? Its clear you are opposing for reasons you don't understand or cannot articulate. It surely can't be that difficult to give cogent reasons for your unenviable position. Dude, like I said earlier, the entry requirements for the like of boko haram are quite low; they neither understand or cannot articulate what they are opposing as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Democracy Will Fail Unless APC Wins In 2015– Lai Mohammed / Heart Touching Post On Ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Facebook Wall / A Yoruba President After Buhari In 2023 Is A MUST!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.