Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN (13058 Views)

Buhari Swears-In Justice Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN (Photos) / Buhari Swears In Olukayode Ariwoola As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Tanko Muhammad Resigns As CJN, Olukayode Ariwoola To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by ExAngel007(f): 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
The senate has confirmed the appointment of Olukayode Ariwoola as the substantive chief justice of Nigeria (CJN).

Ariwoola has been holding the office since the resignation of Ibrahim Muhammad.

Muhammad resigned after 14 justices of the apex court accused him of abandoning his responsibilities as the leader of the court.

In July, President Muhammadu Buhari asked the senate to confirm the appointment of Ariwoola as CJN.

“Pursuant to section 231 (1) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended; I forward for confirmation by the Senate of Honourable Justice Olukayode Ariwoola as the chief justice of Nigeria,” Buhari had said.

The upper legislative chamber confirmed Ariwoola as CJN on Wednesday after Abdullahi Gobir, senate leader, moved a motion to screen him in the “committee of the whole”.

The CJN was screened and subsequently confirmed through a voice vote.

https://www.thecable.ng/senate-confirms-olukayode-ariwoola-as-cjn/amp

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations to him

I hope Lagos youths won't go to his house to beg for money like Tinubu said

5 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Racoon(m): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations Justice Ariwoola. Hope your reign will bring a more meaningful revolution of the judiciary especially cleansing of corrupt judges from all strata of the bench.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Impressive
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by lhordspy: 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congrat his Lordship.
Very well deserve.
Very very.
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by jlinkd78(m): 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Noted
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by madridguy(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations sir.
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
ok
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by GeneralPula: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congrat..

More troubles for criminals and drug pushers..

100 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by GeneralPula: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Congratulations to him

Stop derailing thread with thrash..

Very very pooor editing - pay better editor next time for your lies to represent well..

Btw... This is what you want us to vote for right? We don hear..

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Chijeep(m): 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
K
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by omowolewa: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by LeoDeKing: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
With the confirmation of Olukayode Ariwoola as CJN, I have 100% assurance Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next president of my beloved country Nigeria.

God bless the best team about to pilot the affairs of my beloved country.

Those people should concentrate on their online country and stop constituting nuisance as we Nigerians are about to change our leaders that will serve for the next 8 years.

God bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the next GCFR
God bless SW SS NW NE and NC.

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by bestman09(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations sir. I'm always happy when someone gets a position through merit, not because he knows someone.

May you Excel as much is expected from you at this point in time

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Salvador1: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congrats to Yoruba chief justice.

Let's see how worst he will perform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by othermen: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
The handling of Justice Onnoghen and the appointment of Justice Tanko have all impaired the position of the head of the judiciary.
It’s my prayer that Justice Olukayode can restore it.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Lawalabiodun(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
I didn't expect them to reject him before, mtcheewwww.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Haywhy3579: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Obidient will soon start to say tinubu has bought judiciary. Always claiming the victim since eternity

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by ATLIEN2027: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations!
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Emuforlife1: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Salvador1:
Congrats to Yoruba chief justice.
Let's see how worst he will perform.
Stop this.

31 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by StudentsNG: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Looks like a new CJN is announced before every election.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by zoedew: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Sitting on that Bench Ariwoola, CJN has, before now, done his duty with uncommon attention to details. One is in the hope he can turn things around in the Judiciary this time around. His predecessor not unlike his own predecessor too messed up the Judiciary. Both men lacked the moral gumption to clean up the Augean stable the Nigerian Judiciary had become over time. Seriously wished Karibi-Whyte JSC made it to that Chair!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by inoki247: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Congratulations to him

Lol Tinubu boy aw market....

You don colet today attacking stipend....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by castrokins(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations �
Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Congratulations to him

Why are you like this?? I thought you are mature enough to be smarter than this Petty thought you just spewed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by Salvador1: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
Emuforlife1:
Stop this.
for what?

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by castrokins(m): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
Who Did This To You?

Haywhy3579:
Obidient will soon start to say tinubu has bought judiciary. Always claiming the victim since eternity

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by iwaeda: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Olukayode Ariwoola As CJN by boldtruthalways: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations Sir. Please ensure that true justice prevail in the land all your days on the seat. You shall be remembered for your works. Nigerians have suffered in the hands of terrible judges. Pls try and sanitize the system.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Paid N250,000 Each For Government Jobs – Victims / Kwankwaso: I Have Supporters In Every Northern Home / PDP, APGA Battle For Soul Of Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.