Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point (1939 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Ondo Election Result / Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2011
[center][/center]

Regurgitating efforts to get Ondo for his party at any stake, former Lagos State governor and leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has allegedly began the use of radio media and other means at his reach to lunch attack and condemnation at the Mimiko’s administration in Ondo state. Earlier, Bola Tinubu had reportedly invested several attempts to buy Mimiko out of Labour party into the ACN cult, but a stubborn Mimiko would stay put in his labour party. Just as anyone who is desperate to catch a train would be ready to enter the drizzles and the platters, Tinubu became desperate as he resorted into all forms of strategies including condemning Mimiko's administration in his bid to add Ondo to the harem of South-West states at the ken of the ACN.

Just as no human with blood flowing through thin pipes of his vein will receive alert of looming danger and stay without fidgeting, Governor Mimiko in a return fight, livid about the intolerable magnitude of black-labeling on his administration, warned the manager of the radio station to either desist from anti-government propaganda or risk closure of the station.

Despite the light of facts above, Mimiko’s chances at success in the next polls are very slim for the glaring reasons carefully schemed out as follows:

1. Ondo people are characteristically stubborn and determined. Hence, no one, regardless of how good is likely to govern them for two consecutive terms. Ask Agagu how much he spent and still was failed by those who were paid to carry his placards.

2. It seems to be a game moderated by pendulum –what goes around comes around! Mimiko was a commissioner in the cabinet of former governor, Adefarati. Adefarati had relied and confided in Mimiko, trusting his support for a second term but Mimiko pulled out of the party overnight to fight for his ambition, taking with him a sizable number of people from the PDP, including the chairman, vice chairman and the party secretary into the Labour party and he contested to success. Suddenly, Governor Mimiko felt threatened as some of his own commissioners are now reportedly holding secret night meetings with Tinubu, as one of them is also aspiring to become next Governor on the platform of the ACN. Reacting to this monster development, Governor Mimiko sacked his commissioners for being disloyal to him. Maybe he is getting served in the same plate with which fed his own master, Adefarati, who knows? If this is what they call pendulum, the people I wish it serves are the unpatriotic elements that ever betrayed Nigeria and cheated the people of their rights, embezzling the public funds at the expense Nigerians and development.

If Mimiko’s people are getting consolations in the ACN and are thrashing off their Mimiko's loyalties to the waste bin, then imagine what becomes of them too in the next dispensation future -what a cycle!

It is therefore a game of who plays it better, but worthy of note still, Governor Mimiko’s chances are rather slimming out dramatically.

[url=http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,983.msg1926.html#msg1926]http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,983.msg1926.html#msg1926[/url]
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by foreman: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2011
I have 70% respect for Tinubu, if he manages to snatch Ondo from Mimiko, Its going to become 90% from me. Mimiko is not a bad governor like the Akalas,

Oyinlolas and the OGDs but that state is needed for a greater purpose than the state itself. A tree can not make a forest. There are just two political phylosophies

in Nigeria presently, the northern centrist, elitist represented by PDP and the West's decentrist, populist movement represented by ACN.

All others(NC, SS and SE) just join whoever is running the central and for this singular reason, ACN needs to capture as many as possible states before it can

seriously hope to get the center. If Ondo is within reach, why not?
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by sojjy: 12:18am On Aug 15, 2011
Frankly speaking,Gov Mimiko has really performed but Ondo state can't be left out of Tinubuism occultic.
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by Rhino5dm: 3:00am On Aug 15, 2011
Mimiko does'nt need to even campaign. . .
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 15, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Mimiko does'nt need to even campaign. . .

Abi jare!! Tinubu should respect and attend to his ACN peeps for now.
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by Rhino5dm: 4:33am On Aug 15, 2011
Ondo state is LP in its totality and people detest hearing ANY other party as such. The last election was hell for the opposition. PDP was laid quietly in the cemetary while ACN was busy sweeping venues for the LP to mount their campaign machinary. Humiliation

*The govornor said "Anyone that raised a broom(ACN political symbol) should be giving a large portion of land to sweep to test his integrity" and the crowds cheers " Iroko Jooooor, gba si be !!!" . . . .Funny i was there live. No thugs, No money and No fighting.

Ileke-IdI:

Abi jare!! Tinubu should respect and attend to his ACN peeps for now.
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by KnowAll(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2011
ACN should stop behaving like rascals, they want regional integration, ‘at least na go build the railway reach Ondo State boundary b4 na begin make noise’, na so-so talk, we have been hearing Regional Integration since 1999 when AD was in power which later became ACN, what have they achieve with all these integration meeting after meeting, although I love the principle behind it, but do they really have the will to carry it out.

To start with, ACN should take over Lagos-Ibadan Express way from the Feds and improve it, that project no concern Ondo State, the 3 states that transverse this project are all ACN Sates, same thing the Lagos-Sagamu-Benin expressway.

If ACN makes a head-way on these 2 projects Iroko sef, would know ACN are not a talk shop yearning rubbish.

I beg make na leave my Governor alone oh.
undecided
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by mosalab(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2011
Ondo people should open there well for them not to regret as osun people are now regretn. ;->talking frm experience.
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by aljharem3: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2011
KnowAll:

ACN should stop behaving like rascals, they want regional integration, ‘at least na go build the railway reach Ondo State boundary b4 na begin make noise’, na so-so talk, we have been hearing Regional Integration since 1999 when AD was in power which later became ACN, what have they achieve with all these integration meeting after meeting, although I love the principle behind it, but do they really have the will to carry it out.

To start with, ACN should take over Lagos-Ibadan Express way from the Feds and improve it, that project no concern Ondo State, the 3 states that transverse this project are all ACN Sates, same thing the Lagos-Sagamu-Benin expressway.

If ACN makes a head-way on these 2 projects Iroko sef, would know ACN are not a talk shop yearning rubbish.

undecided

gbammmm ACN this ACN that

lets see all the economic integration they have said they want to do

railway

interstate bus

joint economy of states etc

abeg make pesin here word
Re: Why Mimiko May Lose The Next Ondo Election: A View Point by foreman: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2011
KnowAll:

undecided

How can somebody so ignorant use the username "knowall". SMH

(1) (Reply)

Audu To Buy Limousines For All First Class Chiefs In Kogi If Elected. / Is Lagos State Overrated By Lagosians? / Pics From Hon. Omawumi Edet's Birthday Bash And Booklaunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.