Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,659 members, 7,851,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service (20763 Views)

Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service Resumes November 28 / Lockdown: Inter-State Travellers Intercepted In Enugu, Turned Back / Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

No

The loan will be repaid through the Train Fares Collected

Please don’t give out Wromg Information

You are free to pay your Taxes elsewhere that makes you happy

That's what you think, the disparity in the actual cost and the main is too much, Do you know how many years it might take them to repay from the train fares if they do not use taxes from the people to add up or simply they hijack the price of the train fares above what it should be making costly for for majority of Lagosians, in the end the disparity will cause people to pay more either through the taxes or exorbitant fare because of a few people's greed and you want me to be happy with Tinubu...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by wunmi590(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2022
BennyDGreat:

I don't think he will come in for second term as it stands

Baba, make I no lie you, ogun state people like suffering, they are still planning on voting for him massively....
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by litaninja(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2022
There have always been train services to Ijoko.

Anyways, Ogun state government is a useless one that can't boast of a single useful road in the entire state.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 11:38am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

That's what you think, the disparity in the actual cost and the main is too much, Do you know how many years it might take them to repay from the train fares if they do not use taxes from the people to add up or simply they hijack the price of the train fares above what it should be making costly for for majority of Lagosians, in the end the disparity will cause people to pay more either through the taxes or exorbitant fare because of a few people's greed and you want me to be happy with Tinubu...

No

That is what was agreed with the Creditors
Transport Ticket Fares would be used to repay the Loan
The Railway is running as a Business
They have already agreed on about 30 years repayment
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

No

That is what was agreed with the Creditors
Transport Ticket Fares would be used to repay the Loan
The Railway is running as a Business
They agreed on about 30 years repayment

Either way the disparity is too much and the money will still come from the people, the same 1 billion would do almost 10 of the same project, so why slow down development in a state, I tell people that Lagos is supposed to be finer Dubai or at least like Dubai based on when Lagos started development and when Dubai started development with the same oil money both countries have, you cannot compare Lagos in 1976 and dubai in 1976, you can now see why the development is slow compared to Dubai today because some people like Tinubu will not want to alow it because they want to eat notoriously from the development...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

This one we are discussing about is one already, if it was not we will not be having this discussion in the first place...
den u don't have a concrete argument to begin with..

I sense hatred from Ur words.

How can u say because some people doesn't want someone to be president and because of that is a bad person??

Is everyone supporting Peter Obi? Can we now say because some people are critisizing him he's not fit to be among humans?? Lol.

If I may ask, when tinubu was the governor of Lagos state, who was Ur governor in ur state?? Can u compare their achievements??

Even beyond that, those that tinubu has installed as his successors, can u compare their achievements with the subsequent governors that has graced Ur state topmost seat??

Just sufree hate ok?? If God wan do am now make tinubu con go enter, WETIN u go do??

Well, I have one advice for u, I will advise u keep on paying the money to Lagos government to embezzle while u keep on prospering or u take the exit door to Ur region till tinubu leave the picture, so u can come back later.

I don't like people who are filled with hate. Tinubu this tinubu that, as if tinubu is holding u guys not to go about ur daily business.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by christistruth01: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Either way the disparity is too much and the money will still come from the people, the same 1 billion would do almost 10 of the same project, so why slow down development in a state, I tell people that Lagos is supposed to be finer Dubai or at least like Dubai based on when Lagos started development and when Dubai started development with the same oil money both countries have, you cannot compare Lagos in 1976 and dubai in 1976, you can now see why the development is slow compared to Dubai today because some people like Tinubu will not want to alow it because they want to eat notoriously from the development...

It is Tinubu's Master Plan that is being used to develop the Lagos Railway you are talking about

Lagos in 1976 was under Military Govt blame the Military for that not those developing Lagos now

I sense Bad Belle

The Creditors who agreed to be Paid from the Train fares over 30 years have made their Calculations and are not Complaining so which one is your own?
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
christistruth01:

It is Tinubu's Master Plan that is being used to develop the Lagos Railway you are talking about

Lagos in 1976 was under Military Govt blame the Military for that not those developing Lagos now

I sense Bad Belle

The Creditors who agreed to be Paid from the Train fares over 30 years have made their Calculations and are not Complaining so which one is your own?

This is not bad belle, the cost for the rail is 182 million dollars, Lagos state govt. says it is 1.2 billion dollars, now where did the remaining 1 biilion dollars go to, to some people's pocket, that same 1 billion dollars would build almost 10 of the same blue rail people will still pay back in 30 years, why not build 10 and pay back in 30 years than build 1 and still pay back in 30 years for the cost of 10 because some people have to pocket he remaining 1 billion dollars, is that not slow development and paying more for less and you say bad belle, the way you guys reason ehn, you see corruption koro koro and you keep supporting it, haba!
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by christistruth01: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

This is not bad belle, the cost for the rail is 182 million dollars, Lagos state govt. says it is 1.2 billion dollars, now where did the remaining 1 biilion dollars go to, to some people's pocket, that same 1 billion dollars would build almost 10 of the same blue rail people will still pay back in 30 years, why not build 10 and pay back in 30 years than build 1 and still pay back in 30 years for the cost of 10 because some people have to pocket he remaining 1 billion dollars, is that not slow development and paying more for less and you say bad belle, the way you guys reason ehn, you see corruption koro koro and you keep supporting it, haba!

It costs over $50 Million to build a kilometer of Light Railway the line is 27 km long do your Calculations

If it costs only $182 Million how come your State Governor hasn't built you one to your Village?
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
den u don't have a concrete argument to begin with..

I sense hatred from Ur words.

How can u say because some people doesn't want someone to be president and because of that is a bad person??

Is everyone supporting Peter Obi? Can we now say because some people are critisizing him he's not fit to be among humans?? Lol.

If I may ask, when tinubu was the governor of Lagos state, who was Ur governor in ur state?? Can u compare their achievements??

Even beyond that, those that tinubu has installed as his successors, can u compare their achievements with the subsequent governors that has graced Ur state topmost seat??

Just sufree hate ok?? If God wan do am now make tinubu con go enter, WETIN u go do??

Well, I have one advice for u, I will advise u keep on paying the money to Lagos government to embezzle while u keep on prospering or u take the exit door to Ur region till tinubu leave the picture, so u can come back later.

I don't like people who are filled with hate. Tinubu this tinubu that, as if tinubu is holding u guys not to go about ur daily business.

I have been to my state maybe 4 times max in my life till date, my dad was a FG worker and we lived in Lagos, I have little business with my state for now, I schooled in UNILAG and I run things from Lagos, Tinubu is too crooked and has so may cases both local and international hanged on him, Lagos is choking under him, my happiness is he will soon be retired from politics from 2023 and my joy is that I was part of the people ho joined in taking out a wicked, selfish and greedy politician who has suffered a lot of people in Nigeria because of his selfish ambition, everyday you can see that our work is not in vain, it is progressive everyday....
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Kakamorufu(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
Dem no fit do am reach ifo
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
christistruth01:

It costs over $50 Million to build a kilometer of Light Railway the line is 27 km long do your Calculations

If it costs only $182 Million how come your State Governor has built you one

stop doing all these nonsense, read the news

https://businessday.ng/opinion/article/lagos-blue-line-rail-project-setting-the-record-straight/
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

I have been to my state maybe 4 times max in my life till date, my dad was a FG worker and we lived in Lagos, I have little business with my state for now, I schooled in UNILAG and I run things from Lagos, Tinubu is too crooked and has so may cases both local and international hanged on him, Lagos is choking under him, my happiness is he will soon be retired from politics from 2023 and my joy is that I was part of the people ho joined in taking out a wicked, selfish and greedy politician who has suffered a lot of people in Nigeria because of his selfish ambition, everyday you can see that our work is not in vain, it is progressive everyday....
That means ur state is not even livable grin grin grin grin

It will never be well with the administration that made Ur state a non livable state to its natives grin

Lol, so who do u want in power?? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
christistruth01:

If it costs only $182 Million how come your State Governor hasn't built you one to your Village?
He's not even in his state

His state is not livable grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Afamed: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

I live in Lagos and I pay taxes to Lagos, this rail line will be repaid back with taxes for the loan they used to execute it, so I am paying for something some people have stolen already...

Your mtn N10 tax is not what is being refffered to as tax

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
That means ur state is not even livable grin grin grin grin

It will never be well with the administration that made Ur state a non livable state to its natives grin

Lol, so who do u want in power?? grin grin grin

grin you see, Lagos you guys are bragging with was state capital for 77 years, that is still older than Nigeria presently, just imagine Abuja development been claimed by Gbagyi people when the development was a contribution of all tribes and other state resources, Before Tinubu was governor, Lagos was already developed and I was living in Lagos...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

grin you see, Lagos you guys are bragging with was state capital for 77 years, that is still older than Nigeria presently, just imagine Abuja development been claimed by Gbagyi people when the development was a contribution of all tribes and other state resources, Before Tinubu was governor, Lagos was already developed and I was living in Lagos...
so why Lagos and not Ur state grin grin

Oga no kill ursef ooh, pls don't change Ur moniker after February election ooh, cus we need to get close to u and give u word of motivation grin

Who God has blessed no man can curse

If u want to live in Lagos do so and make sure u keep paying Baba tinubu money, else u re in soup grin

Don't forget that Ur sons and daughters will still pay tinubu money, or even if he has died by den(e no go even die) his successor will keep collecting the money and u must pay grin
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
so why Lagos and not Ur state grin grin

Oga no kill ursef ooh, pls don't change Ur moniker after February election ooh, cus we need to get close to u and give u word of motivation grin

Who God has blessed no man can curse

If u want to live in Lagos do so and make sure u keep paying Baba tinubu money, else u re in soup grin

Don't forget that Ur sons and daughters will still pay tinubu money, or even if he has died by den(e no go even die) his successor will keep collecting the money and u must pay grin

And why Abuja and not Ondo, it's pointless, it's clear you have nothing to support Tinubu's tyranny in Laos grin
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

And why Abuja and not Ondo, it's pointless, it's clear you have nothing to support Tinubu's tyranny in Laos grin
Lol, Abuja is in the northern zone...

Lagos is in the SW zone abi

Now over Nigeria dead body will we have a SE national capital grin

Lagos had it for 77years, Abuja is currently on the throne.. and that is all for now, SE?? Forget, e no fit reach that side grin

Should I tell u the fact?? If truly u guys are marginalized, them I am happy grin at least we have a slave grin

Just pay Ur money to tinubu pocket in peace..pay ooh to avoid been hacked by a broken bottle grin

See the pics I put below eehn, in my own case I support the oppressor grin grin

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
Lol, Abuja is in the northern zone...

Lagos is in the SW zone abi

Now over Nigeria dead body will we have a SE national capital grin

Lagos had it for 77years, Abuja is currently on the throne.. and that is all for now, SE?? Forget, e no fit reach that side grin

Should I tell u the fact?? If truly u guys are marginalized, them I am happy grin at least we have a slave grin

Just pay Ur money to tinubu pocket in peace..pay ooh to avoid been hacked by a broken bottle grin

See the pics I put below eehn, in my own case I support the oppressor grin grin

My happiness is that Tinubu's Political Journey ends in 2023 and an IGBO man will be your president by then, so all these hatred means nothing....
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Lagos Island was the Capital not Lagos State

The rest of Lagos was under Awolowo’s Western Region

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

Lagos Island was the Capital not Lagos State

The rest of Lagos was under Awolowo’s Western Region

whether you call it island or anything it was Lagos, it is like you saying ASO is the capital and not Lugbe, Abuja as whole is the capital, so stop the exclusion...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

whether you call it island or anything it was Lagos, it is like you saying ASO is the capital and not Lugbe, Abuja as whole is the capital, so stop the exclusion...

Lagos Island was the Capital it ended at Apongbon Bridge

Don’t mix it up with Awolowo’s Western Region Lagos Which Started immediately after the Bridge

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

Lagos Island was the Capital it ended at Apongbon Bridge

Don’t mix it up with Awolowo’s Western Region Lagos

Did the same Lagos end at Apongbon Bridge as at 1988 because it was still the capital even at that time...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

My happiness is that Tinubu's Political Journey ends in 2023 and an IGBO man will be your president by then, so all these hatred means nothing....
My happiness is that no Peter Obi will smell the seat grin

Its either yoruba or abokki as usual grin

Even if Peter wan near there dem go rig am out grin

U know what, if Peter Obi lose honourably e go pain me, I want him to win but rigged out grin

I want the continuity of the oppression grin
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Did the same Lagos end at Apongbon Bridge as at 1988 because it was still the capital even at that time...

Yes

And Ikeja built by Awolowo was the Capital of Lagos State
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

Yes

And Ikeja built by Awolowo was the Capital of Lagos State

And was part of Lagos...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
My happiness is that no Peter Obi will smell the seat grin

Its either yoruba or abokki as usual grin

Even if Peter wan near there dem go rig am out grin

U know what, if Peter Obi lose honourably e go pain me, I want him to win but rigged out grin

I want the continuity of the oppression grin

You see why Tinubu will fail, read your statement again and see why...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

You see why Tinubu will fail, read your statement again and see why...
lol, let him fail first grin

But I love the oppression grin
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

And was part of Lagos...

Lagos Island was the Capital

not Lagos State

Enugu is not the same as Enugu State

All Lagos State except the Island were under Awolowo and the Western Region

That is Why Governors like Fashola Ambode and Sanwo Olu continued with Awolowo’s

Lagos Vision And Template

The Dream that turned Lagos into an Economic Powerhouse was Awolowo’s Dream

and he was Jailed for that Dream

While many Politicians were fast asleep Awolowo was wide Awake , Strategising and brainstorming

on how to overtake Europe

The Lagos you are looking at today is less than 5% of Awolowo’s Dream but it is

beginning to turn in that direction
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
lol, let him fail first grin

But I love the oppression grin

He who laughs last laughs best, each day I wake up and I see evil(Tinubu) going down and see good (Peter Obi) going up I feel excited that finally our efforts are yielding results ...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

Lagos Island was the Capital

not Lagos State

Enugu is not the same as Enugu State

All Lagos State except the Island were under Awolowo and the Western Region

That is Why Governors like Fashola Ambode and Sanwo Olu continued with Awolowo’s

Lagos Vision And Template

The Dream that turned Lagos into an Economic Powerhouse was Awolowo’s Dream

and he was Jailed for that Dream

While many Politicians were fast asleep Awolowo was wide Awake , Strategising and brainstorming

on how to overtake Europe

Please can you state the period Awolowo was in charge of Lagos mainland as you claim I want clear something here for you....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? / My Visit To The Badagry Heritage Museum Built In 1863 / Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airports Over Increased Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.