Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service (20758 Views)

Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service Resumes November 28 / Lockdown: Inter-State Travellers Intercepted In Enugu, Turned Back / Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Please can you state the period Awolowo was in charge of Lagos mainland as you claim I want clear something here for you....

1956 to 1960 as Premier

and 1960-1964 as AG Party Leader

And in 1979 to 1983 Jakande Awolowo’s hand picked Successor Continued with Awolowo’s Program
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

1956 to 1960

And in 1979 to 1983 Jakande Awolowo’s hand picked Successor Continued

So we can conclude that it was only 8 years out of 77 years that there was any input outside of the federal government to Lagos mainland development, so how does 8 years and 69 years come close, even if you multiply 8x8 it won't still be up to 69 and you want to tell me Lagos mainland was not massively developed by the federal government as state capital...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by christistruth01: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

So we can conclude that it was only 8 years out of 77 years that there was any input outside of the federal government to Lagos mainland development, so how does 8 years and 69 years come close, even if you multiply 8x8 it won't still be up to 69 and you want to tell me Lagos mainland was not massively developed by the federal government as state capital...

Wrong

Because Awolowo' was head of UPN in 1979 to 1983 and Lagos State was UPN and Lagos State Civilian Governors have been his Successors since

Always remember that Lagos the Capital ended at Apongbon Bridge don't mix it up with Metropolitan Lagos

Go and read what Gov Jakande alone did for Lagos State
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
christistruth01:

Wrong

Because Awolowo' was head of UPN in 1979 to 1983 and Lagos State was UPN and Lagos State Civilian Governors have been his Successors since

Always remember that Lagos the Capital ended at Apongbon Bridge don't mix it up with Metropolitan Lagos

No you are removing the military rule which was way longer than civilian rule which Lagos was under, so there is no mix, like I explained up there, it was only 8 years of civilian rule which Lagos was state capital, so for you to claim that Lagos(island and mainland) was only developed with 8 years civilian rule is false...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

He who laughs last laughs best, each day I wake up and I see evil(Tinubu) going down and see good (Peter Obi) going up I feel excited that finally our efforts are yielding results ...
lol, effort wey Yoruba demons go frustrate grin grin

I will hug u laslas grin
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
lol, effort wey Yoruba demons go frustrate grin grin

I will hug u laslas grin

O ge me gi vuum Nanya...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by christistruth01: 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

No you are removing the military rule which was way longer than civilian rule which Lagos was under, so there is no mix, like I explained up there, it was only 8 years of civilian rule which Lagos was state capital, so for you to claim that Lagos(island and mainland) was only developed with 8 years civilian rule is false...

No

Mobolaji Johnson and all other Military Governor's were Governors of Lagos State the State Capital was Awolowo built Ikeja again and the Nigerian Capital was Lagos Island where Gowon Obasanjo Babangida and others ruled from

Didn't your State gave a Military Govt ?

Apart from the 3rd Mainland Bridge from Lagos Island built by Babangida Military Govt mostly hindered the dev of Metropolitan Lagos as your elders
The Railway Sanwo Olu is now Building was first Started up by Jakande in 1980

Gen Buhari Stopped it and it took another 40 years to restart it again
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
christistruth01:

No

Mobolaji Johnson and all other Military Governor's were Governors of Lagos State the State Capital was Awolowo built Ikeja again and the Nigerian Capital was Lagos Island where Gowon Obasanjo Babangida and others ruled from

Didn't your State gave a Military Govt ?

You don't get my point, my point is as long as the money and resources used for the development was from the federal government, Yorubas cannot lay claim to the development as their Abuja today has always had a minister, whatever tribe he comes from does not matter as long as the money and resources he uses to develop Abuja is from the federal government then the Gbagyi people who are the real owners of Abuja cannot lay claim to the development neither can any tribe personally claim it, El-Rufai was once fct minister, can Kaduna people lay claims to the development,no, can Gbagyi people also do the same, No...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by christistruth01: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

You don't get my point, my point is as long as the money and resources used for the development was from the federal government, Yorubas cannot lay claim to the development as their Abuja today has always had a minister, whatever tribe he comes from does not matter as long as the money and resources he uses to develop Abuja is from the federal government then the Gbagyi people who are the real owners of Abuja cannot lay claim to the development neither can any tribe personally claim it, El-Rufai was once fct minister, can Kaduna people lay claims to the development,no, can Gbagyi people also do the same, No...

Yorubas will always lay claim to Lagos because it is part of Yorubaland

Aren't Fed resources used to dev the SE
that doesn't stop you from Claiming it
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
christistruth01:

Yorubas will always lay claim to Lagos because it is part of Yorubaland

Aren't Fed resources used to dev the SE
that doesn't stop you from Claiming it

I'm not saying Yorubas cannot lay claim to Lagos, Lagos originally belongs to Yorubas, no doubt, but they should stop taking the glory for the development and mocking other tribes, because it will mean that Gbagyi people today will lay claims to the development of Abuja and mock other tribes for not doing well, when we all know the development is the input of the resources of every tribe in Nigeria because it was the fed capital.

You say that aren't fed resources used to develop the south east, it is like you asking that federal resources are also not used to develop Nassarawa, Kogi, Kaduna and Niger state even as they are not as developed as Abuja even though they all share border with Abuja, is it now far east that would get direct development funds from Abuja and be as developed as Abuja, I'm not defending the eastern governors either because a lot of them have failed, I'm been truthful but Yorubas should stop mocking other tribes with Lagos and claiming the development to themselves only, it is a mockery to every other tribes effort in Nigeria...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

O ge me gi vuum Nanya...
Ahahahah

Asiri gbakute grin

A no understand WETIN u write sha
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
Ahahahah

Asiri gbakute grin

A no understand WETIN u write sha

grin No worry, no be abuse, I don't like abusing people, but it is like an Igbo saying, if you have an Igbo friend, he will tell you, google translate will give you errors...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

grin No worry, no be abuse, I don't like abusing people, but it is like an Igbo saying, if you have an Igbo friend, he will tell you, google translate will give you errors...
even me a no dey abuse person unless u abuse me..

And I don't tink u re even Igbo, if u re igbo then u re not a core Igbo(maybe because u lives in yorubaland sha)

All the Igbos are know here are always quick to turn just little argument to insults, before u know they start insulting Ur parents, u will be amazed, you will be asking ursef who raised this kind of people..

I was expecting u to have turned it to insult, especially when I was talking about being happy that u re oppressed but u keep Ur calm, u re truly a bonafide omoluabi, yorubas will like to have people like u around...kudos grin

Pls don't go to Ur area ooh, and don't let Ur offsprings live there else they turn dem to elders-insulting-agents. grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
even me a no dey abuse person unless u abuse me..

And I don't tink u re even Igbo, if u re igbo then u re not a core Igbo(maybe because u lives in yorubaland sha)

All the Igbos are know here are always quick to turn just little argument to insults, before u know they start insulting Ur parents, u will be amazed, you will be asking ursef who raised this kind of people..

I was expecting u to have turned it to insult, especially when I was talking about being happy that u re oppressed but u keep Ur calm, u re truly a bonafide omoluabi, yorubas will like to have people like u around...kudos grin

Pls don't go to Ur area ooh, and don't let Ur offsprings live there else they turn dem to elders-insulting-agents. grin

Thanks for the compliment bro, I don't believe in tribe dominance, I even have a Yoruba name which is legally documented and I don't see Yorubas as enemies, my best friends, most have been Yorubas, Infact the first girl that ever toasted me in this life was a Yoruba girl(Very fine girl ), The truth is Yoruba people are very nice people and very accommodating except for a few who tend to always see things from tribal view as it is in every tribe.

In my university days from year 1, I made friends with 2 Yoruba muslim guys and we became best of friends that we made sure after our year 1 that we stayed in the same hostel together till graduation, sometimes we will be posted to different hostels, we will work it back to one room, we cooked together did most things together, sometimes we connive to frustrate the real owners room mate so he will relocate to another room and forfeit our original assigned rooms grin we did that one many times, we never for once had any issue that had to do with tribal or religious remarks.

I might not be supporting Tinubu and it is not because he is Yoruba, I just believe Peter Obi will do better, I don't really care where the president comes from, I've supported Atiku, Buhari, I was even wishing Fashola was the one coming out in 2015.

And me too I noticed your cautious behaviour in the beginning of our conversation most Tinubu supporters will start and end with insuts grin

but you were different till you started the test and I was surprised but now I understand...

Anyway I just want the best for my generation and future generations...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

I'm not saying Yorubas cannot lay claim to Lagos, Lagos originally belongs to Yorubas, no doubt, but they should stop taking the glory for the development and mocking other tribes, because it will mean that Gbagyi people today will lay claims to the development of Abuja and mock other tribes for not doing well, when we all know the development is the input of the resources of every tribe in Nigeria because it was the fed capital.

You say that aren't fed resources used to develop the south east, it is like you asking that federal resources are also not used to develop Nassarawa, Kogi, Kaduna and Niger state even as they are not as developed as Abuja even though they all share border with Abuja, is it now far east that would get direct development funds from Abuja and be as developed as Abuja, I'm not defending the eastern governors either because a lot of them have failed, I'm been truthful but Yorubas should stop mocking other tribes with Lagos and claiming the development to themselves only, it is a mockery to every other tribes effort in Nigeria...

As long as you see Enugu as belonging to all Nigerians
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Thanks for the compliment bro, I don't believe in tribe dominance, I even have a Yoruba name which is legally documented and I don't see Yorubas as enemies, my best friends, most have been Yorubas, Infact the first girl that ever toasted me in this life was a Yoruba girl(Very fine girl ), The truth is Yoruba people are very nice people and very accommodating except for a few who tend to always see things from tribal view as it is in every tribe.

In my university days from year 1, I made friends with 2 Yoruba muslim guys and we became best of friends that we made sure after our year 1 that we stayed in the same hostel together till graduation, sometimes we will be posted to different hostels, we will work it back to one room, we cooked together did most things together, sometimes we connive to frustrate the real owners room mate so he will relocate to another room and forfeit our original assigned rooms grin we did that one many times, we never for once had any issue that had to do with tribal or religious remarks.

I might not be supporting Tinubu and it is not because he is Yoruba, I just believe Peter Obi will do better, I don't really care where the president comes from, I've supported Atiku, Buhari, I was even wishing Fashola was the one coming out in 2015.

And me too I noticed your cautious behaviour in the beginning of our conversation most Tinubu supporters will start and end with insuts grin

but you were different till you started the test and I was surprised but now I understand...

Anyway I just want the best for my generation and future generations...
I am happy to hear this bro

Fact is that I am not a tribalistic man, never, tho I love my tribe which is normal.

My immediate sister married to a benue man

My other sister married to a man from ibo state,

My close pal in nysc camp was Nnamdi from anambra, very cool and handsome guy.

My female friends during my nysc were from abia and dey don't joke with me.

Should I shock u more..I am not a tinubu follower, I have never bn his fan, and he's not having my vote (a no even get pvc sef)

Reason I am siding tinubu online is how those ibo guys use to clamp every of their misfortunes on him, any small tin tinubu, even those dates doesn't know the road from east to Ore will still be shouting tinubu in aguleri. And tinubu is my tribal family so I have to take side and defend.

I am not saying I hate tinubu either cus in government he has a track record, but that is to his pocket, likewise I am not in for Peter Obi or Atiku..I don't have a preferred candidate, they are all thieves.....thieves na hin dem be.

Me I will not vote for anybody until we start using Ogun, ayelala, amadioha to swear in public officers.

Am sorry for the insult I hurled at u, forgive me pls, I am a yoruba man, I am omoluabi, we re not tot to be disrespectful...pls forgive..

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:
I am happy to hear this bro

Fact is that I am not a tribalistic man, never, tho I love my tribe which is normal.

My immediate sister married to a benue man

My other sister married to a man from ibo state,

My close pal in nysc camp was Nnamdi from anambra, very cool and handsome guy.

My female friends during my nysc were from abia and dey don't joke with me.

Should I shock u more..I am not a tinubu follower, I have never bn his fan, and he's not having my vote (a no even get pvc sef)

Reason I am siding tinubu online is how those ibo guys use to clamp every of their misfortunes on him, any small tin tinubu, even those dates doesn't know the road from east to Ore will still be shouting tinubu in aguleri. And tinubu is my tribal family so I have to take side and defend.

I am not saying I hate tinubu either cus in government he has a track record, but that is to his pocket, likewise I am not in for Peter Obi or Atiku..I don't have a preferred candidate, they are all thieves.....thieves na hin dem be.

Me I will not vote for anybody until we start using Ogun, ayelala, amadioha to swear in public officers.

Am sorry for the insult I hurled at u, forgive me pls, I am a yoruba man, I am omoluabi, we re not tot to be disrespectful...pls forgive..

Wow, that's really nice, I understand Bro, Life shouldn't be as complicated as some people make it in the name of tribalism...

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Wow, that's really nice, I understand Bro, Life shouldn't be as complicated as some people make it in the name of tribalism...
Abi na

Thanks jare..

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by christistruth01: 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

stop doing all these nonsense, read the news

https://businessday.ng/opinion/article/lagos-blue-line-rail-project-setting-the-record-straight/

It is reporting allegations and allegations are not fact
The fact is it costs over $50 Million to build a kilometer of Light Railway the line is 27 km long do your Calculations

It comes to $1.35 Billion

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest/target-cost-timescale-revealed-coventry-light-rail-scheme-25-09-2019/

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 29, 2022
teepain:

Yes, you have a point that most of the towns are covered in the Lagos-Kano Rail, but the guy you quoted (christistruth00) also raised a valid point which is about the frequency of operations. Like he pointed out, Lagos-Kano trains may not be able to ply the Lagos-Ogun route as many times as the dwellers would want. For instance, before the FG train moves from Lagos-Ibadan-Kano and come back for another haul, a Lagos-Ogun train would have covered that same short route several times and that would be some relief to commuters.

Let us be realistic here the smartest option is to add a coach or another state train on that track. Saying that they would construct a rail line from Oyinbo to Agbado is another of their usual lies thinking that we would not see through their bullshit.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

There are many Places on the Lagos Agbado route and Towns on the Agbado Abeokuta route that need to be covered by Rail at least twice an hour , on the Lagos to Kano route the Train Service is not that regular

Many places in Lagos like Agege, iju , Agbado were originally Awori Towns And Settlements , Abule Egba was an Egba Village

If the line is extended to Abeokuta it would pass through Sango Ota, Ifo, Wasinmi, Obada

It would open up a lot of Areas

Look this map is not necessary you already constructing red line at Yaba there is already a standard gauge from Lagos to Kano that straddles the areas you pointed from Oshodi to Agbado. The sensible thing to do is to buy a state train coach and join the Yaba train to link the Lagos Kano train thereby saving money. Telling people that you would design another Rail line is pure lies and hogwash all for election gimmicks to show that they are working after the election the Rail line will not be heard of again.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
Igboslayer:
Olori pelebe, omo ale. Product of failed parenting.

A product of an unloved home. Probably abandoned at Oshodi
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by teepain: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=obynzo post=117117743]

smartest option is to add a coach or another state train on that track

Well, I am not privy to the laws that regulate rail tracks in Nigeria. However, I am aware that these things aren't as straight forward as they seem. For instance, what is the position of the current laws about States government being able to add coaches to Federal Railway tracks, is it permitted or not?

If State Governments and other entities weren't permitted to generate and distribute power using the PHCN infrastructures I would not assume that any state government can just put it's coach on the FG's tracks.

Saying that they would construct a rail line from Oyinbo to Agbado is another of their usual lies thinking that we would not see through their bullshit

Again, you may be right to be cynical but cynicism wouldn't take us anywhere. Do they tell lies yes they sometimes do. But at least there were things they promised and they delivered, so it is our responsibility to hold them to account with respect to any unfulfilled promises they have made.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Igboslayer: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
obynzo:

A product of an unloved home. Probably abandoned at Oshodi
Eeeyah Olori pelebe, so you were abandoned at Oshodi by you wayward parents…Pele, get well soon. I wish you quick recovery from your squalor.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Igboslayer:
Eeeyah Olori pelebe, I was abandoned at Oshodi by my wayward parents.

Now you have admitted the source if your issues. I wish you speedy recovery and you need some counselling try and see a psychologist.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Igboslayer: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
obynzo:

Now you have admitted the source if your issues. I wish you speedy recovery and you need some counselling try and see a psychologist.
Foolish IPOB squalor…
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2022
Igboslayer:
Foolish IPOB squalor…

same to you.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Igboslayer: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2022
obynzo:

same to you.
I can see that you are not mentally ok. Use your drugs.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
Igboslayer:
I can see that you are not mentally ok. Use your drugs.

Dude I am not a drug user like you.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Igboslayer: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2022
obynzo:

Dude I am not a drug user like you.
Then why you foolish pass drug users.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2022
Igboslayer:
Then why you foolish pass drug users.

I understand your frustration. Go and rest
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Igboslayer: 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2022
obynzo:

I understand your frustration. Go and rest
Eeeyah... your case don dey worst everyday...you better change hospital before it's too late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? / My Visit To The Badagry Heritage Museum Built In 1863 / Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airports Over Increased Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.