Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,959 members, 7,828,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma (12961 Views)

Do Nonvirgin Men Have The Moral Right To Condemn Nonvirgin Women? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / The Moral Dilemma That Makes Atheism Unwise And Potentially Dangerous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 5:11am On Oct 14, 2022
Silverseed:

For context for my questions below, you might want to know something about my views. I don’t believe in the reality or existence of anything that anyone can imagine or describe as a creator of the universe. I think that there is some good advice in Christian scriptures, but I don’t see any reason to think that Christians practice any of it better than other people do. In fact I’ve been thinking that Christian doctrines, Christian proselytizing, and Christian politics are and always have been hiding that advice from people and repelling them away from it.

In some of your posts, it looked to me like you were saying that the world is better with Christianity than it would be without it. Am I understanding that correctly? In some others, it looked to me like you were saying that it’s better to use the way God lives as moral standard, than any other standard that anyone could propose. Am I understanding that correctly? Is that your definition of Christianity? Living the way God lives?

I’m also wondering what you mean by “the way God lives”? How can we know anything about the way God lives?

(later) Are you arguing against people denouncing Christianity and/or God beliefs?

(later) Something else you might want to know about my views is that I think that the best way to live in the time of Jesus was the way he taught people to live. I'm not sure if that applies to our time or not.

Source: https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379653#pid379653

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 5:24am On Oct 14, 2022
chryssanthe:

Read it and weep!

He tried to protect the arc, and was punished for it. Nice capricious deity you gots yourself. You just tell yourself any lie you want!

The only thing you've proven is that you have a very very poor command of English, and that you make assertions which are false and unsupported!
You claimed the Twelve tablets were the first human legal system, and you were 100% wrong. Did you have the integrity to stand corrected? No.

Your pride cometh before your fall. You made all kinds of judgements, which you were told not to do. You tell yourself you are a Christian but you are not. You're nothing but a pathetic ignorant liar and hypocrite!

Source: https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379592#pid379592

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 7:12am On Oct 14, 2022
Some people might want to know, some posts here are being copied and pasted into another forum, and answers to them in the other forum are being copied and pasted back to this one, by Tamaratonye1, Chryssanthe, and Silverseed.

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2022
chryssanthe:

And here, ladies and gentlemen, you have the argument of: "God is good, you are evil. Stfu!". This time without any further backup. He not even tried to argue why his good is good. Just some baseless claims.

As i predicted, he didnt even try to rehabilitate his gods untenable position. His approach is to tear the opponents position down, by poisoning the well. No attempt of rational discourse, just baseless claims.
How very pathetic!

copied and pasted from another forum: https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379495#pid379495

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
chryssanthe:

What a bunch of rubbish!

You've been so indoctrinated and brainwashed in religious dogma and threats of hell that you can't even see the horrors of what you believe. It's astonishing!!
We have all shown you example after example of biblical genocide, rape, god sanctioned slavery, child murder, god's ethnic cleansing rampages and religious extortion and you blindly wave it aside because it's threatens your worldview just a little too much!

Keep sweeping it under the rug, honey, where it's safe from your thoughts because its the only possible way you can keep believing this crap.
Wow! You fell out of the tree of life and hit all the branches on the way down. Hahaha! grin

You don't deserve anybody's time. You bald faced liar!

copied and pasted from another forum: https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379625#pid379625
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
Tamaratonye1:

No. Wilgrea7 is correct. There is nothing objective about morals if they come from a god's opinion of what is right or wrong. Truly objective morals would require the god itself to adhere to them - for instance, the god of Christianity would be guilty of violating its own commandment against adultery by impregnating the betrothed Mary.

FYI, this was never a debate about whether or not a god exists. When we criticize religious morality the god is simply there as a placeholder, a hypothetical with the subtext "If god X exists..."

Smh, lmfao, didn't know god was alive - so others could live like "he" does): If "he's" alive "he" excretes waste. I suppose that's what these kinds of your excretions into these threads are - "his" excrement. Pretty filthy, lol

I won't be holding my breath to read something of substance, rather than more ignorant ass twaddle from you "when you get back", Endtimer. You've shown quite clearly that when you have no answer you just pretend the questions weren't asked. You're as dishonest as the day is long, lol

copied and pasted from:
https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379624#pid379624
https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379638#pid379638
https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379623#pid379623
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
chryssanthe:

You seem to think that if you decide to take the train, then the bus driver is allowed to run you over......and over and over and over. The problem is: the city has no buses, at least no one has ever seen a bus, yet.

Nevertheless, we will still see you at the bus stop, waiting and waiting, and waiting.....while swearing at the people taking the train, like a true village idiot grin grin

copied and pasted from another forum: https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379682#pid379682
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
chryssanthe:

Hahaha. In your dreams, honey....in your dreams grin

So far you have defended genocide, slavery, extortion, rape, baby murder, elderly killing, child stoning, bears mauling children to death, decapitation and all manner of atrocities in your fairytale book. Your hypocrisy is beyond the pale.

What was it that the physicist, Steven Weinberg said about religion after 9/12? Oh yeah. Here it is....

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.

Like i said: Sitting at the bus stop, swearing at people, pretending to already have taken the bus. Still, we see you sitting and be the village idiot you are! grin

Take a good hard look at yourself, sugar. You're not holding binoculars. You're holding a king sized mirror! Hahahaha grin

copied and pasted from another forum: https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=379697#pid379697
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
ReubenSandwich
ReubenSandwich: This post is about the gospel of Jesus in the Bible gospels. I think that it's about learning to live the way he says to live, as the best way to live. I think that was true in his time, but I'm not sure if anyone today can learn the best way to live, from reading the Bible. Maybe, if there are people who are studying the Bible and practicing together, to learn to live the way that Jesus says to live.
Jesus Christ is God's Law and Covenant for those in the Kingdom of God. Those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and almost 100 commandments/rules detailed in His teachings, whether 2000 years ago, or even today, not only learn but live the best way but also experience all that Jesus Christ said is possible to those who obey Him. Obedience is the key to living the best life that Jesus Christ offered, and acceptance of that which was decreed is necessary to achieve this. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The bold settles our previous argument so your complaint about the Bible declaring "other gods as false" is a different issue, which requires it's own attention with a thread of its own.
Your Bible declaring other gods as false simply settles my argument against yours. For all the gods that existed before your Bible, it declares them false and establishes it's god as the right one.
Remember this:
AuthenticKing:

Then I ask you Mr DTruthSpeaker, should a new newspaper completely change the essence of an information, insert parts that could validate it (thereby invalidating those that came before it), then stealthy claim that it is the right newspaper with the right info and declaring others wrong without evidence? Being different from others does it give the newspaper the right to claim to be the only true source of information while the others had it wrong.
Your Bible invalidates other gods it borrowed from, declared them as false gods and claimed it had the truth.
DTruthSpeaker, I ask again, do you have any strong rebuttal to this? If you go on trying to run around this question again, I would be ending this discussion.

Dtruthspeaker:

Your first definition wickedly and wrongly described it as "laid down by an authority" whereas dogma comes from satisfaction as a result of acceptance of proof of a proposition or recommendation or theory".
This was the definition you provided, take a look at the third definition at the bolded, what's the difference between that and "laid down by an authority"?
Dtruthspeaker:

Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › ...
Dogma Definition & Meaning
noun ; a · something held as an established opinion ; b · a code of such tenets ; c · a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative

Dtruthspeaker:

I have severally said it here again and again, THAT WITH ALL MY SOUL AND LIFE I HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE BAD, WICKED AND EVIL. And nature shows that any one who is against a good thing, proves that he is a bad and wicked person. That is what it means when people speak against Law (Morals), Equity and Just is. Which is basically what the Bible even specifically advocates for, even if it's presentation is not easily comprehensible coupled with the fact that it disagrees with the way of living that men are accustomed to.
Smh. Slavery, genocide, jealousy, anger, insecurity, deceit, sexism, etc as depicted by your God is morals, equity and just? What of ridiculous actions depicted by some supposedly upright men in your book? (e.g. Lot offering his daughters to be gang-raped?!). Your Bible is just a product of time and culture, and at the time it was produced, many people believed in what many enlightened people will consider ridiculous today.

Dtruthspeaker:

grin I expected this! I have always said it here, you have a right to challenge them.

But in here in nairaland religion section by the wordings of the opening header

Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here. Ad Rate: ₦7,589.52/week (56.6% discount)."

WE ARE FREE, TO BE FREE!
And I am free to share my opinion if I find the 'god' beliefs to be ridiculous, people who their daily actions affect me directly or indirectly are reading the things you're writing. If they get misled by your opinions, it affects the nation in a way so I and other freethinkers will surely vehemently challenge the opinions we find ridiculous.

A bonus point: The way you jump at every religious thread that points out loopholes in your beliefs doesn't really depict one who is confident and convinced of his "truth" but one who is insecure about his beliefs but doesn't want to let go of them, so he simply desperately want to convince himself that he's right thereby projecting his insecurities on others.

Dtruthspeaker:

grin first, in 2019 you people use to say "no proof! grin

We gave undefeatable proof grin

In 2021 you guys changed your statement to say no verifiable evidence. grin

And we gave verifiable evidence and many of your people have fallen silent. grin

So, this is you having not gotten the memo, for we have to the Glow-ry of God settled this matter, so this issue no longer exists in here in religion section. grin
There's still no verifiable evidence for a god, but you can still respond to JudasIX's reply by providing the links instead of making vague statements.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 15, 2022
Judas1X:

Please link me to these verifiable evidence you provided for the existence of your god. We must have missed it, else there'd be no arguments about god's existence. We have proven previously that you do not know the meaning of "obvious", so I don't expect you to know what "verifiable" means, talk less of "evidence" grin

cc. AuthenticKing, sonmvayina, Tamaratonye1, Wilgrea7, chryssanthe

Another thread where DMumuSpeaker is exposed as a quack is loading grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
AuthenticKing:

Your Bible declaring other gods as false simply settles my argument against yours. For all the gods that existed before your Bible, it declares them false and establishes it's god as the right one.
Remember this:

Your Bible invalidates other gods it borrowed from, declared them as false gods and claimed it had the truth.
DTruthSpeaker, I ask again, do you have any strong rebuttal to this?

The rebuttal is very clear and the whole world saw it that God of the Bible completely wiped out all of Sumeria (Ur) and Babylon (Hammurabi) as He Said He was going to do to them in the Bible and their gods could not save them

And we have their relics and records proving it today.

AuthenticKing:

This was the definition you provided, take a look at the third definition at the bolded, what's the difference between that and "laid down by an authority"?

The word said "PUT FORTH authoritatively" and not laid down by an authority".

AuthenticKing:

Smh. Slavery, genocide, jealousy, anger, insecurity, deceit, sexism, etc as depicted by your God is morals, equity and just? What of ridiculous actions depicted by some supposedly upright men in your book?

Change of Post! You accused me of

"...You have a deep hatred and problem with those who refuse to accept your ridiculous claims."

Hence my answer.

So, now you have changed post yet again by making another false accusation.

AuthenticKing:

And I am free to share my opinion if I find the 'god' beliefs to be ridiculous, people

Maybe!

But the heading of this section clearly says "Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here. Ad Rate: ₦6,831.36/week (57.5% discount).

So apparently, it is not for anti-God people, So you have no rights to even say this

"A dogma means telling the whole world that they were created by a God, not just a God but the God of the Bible.even when there's no evidence to support this claim. ...

Brothers and sisters following this thread, please judge, who is imposing dogmas on others?"

This is Religious section and we are free to share our belief in God here.

If you do not like it, then do not come here. It's as simple as that!
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Wilgrea7(m): 3:38am On Oct 16, 2022
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I don't know what makes me happier.

The fact that there's actually an atheist forum, or the fact that someone decided to feature my post there.

cheesy

Yes, some of your posts were copied and pasted into that forum, along with some posts from sinequanon, TenQ, Dtruthspeaker, Endtimer, triplechoice, Epositive, and Wilgrea7, but not with your names.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by triplechoice(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2022
ReubenSandwich:

Yes, some of your posts were copied and pasted into that forum, along with some posts from sinequanon, TenQ, Dtruthspeaker, Endtimer, triplechoice, Epositive, and Wilgrea7, but not with your names.

Please could you show me my post that was posted in that forum.

I would like to used it to find out the person here that did that
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Dtruthspeaker: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2022
triplechoice:

One would say it is obviously him but we know atheist and Truth is like Satan and doing good.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by triplechoice(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

One would say it is obviously him but we know atheist and Truth is like Satan and doing good.

Who is the 'him"

The suspect for now is Tamaratonye1

Visit this thread below and see for yourself
https://www.nairaland.com/7376212/bigotry-christians-bug-feature-neither
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
triplechoice:

I think that it happened more than once. Here's one:

https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=376301#pid376301
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by triplechoice(m): 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2022
ReubenSandwich:

I think that it happened more than once. Here's one:

https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7845&pid=376301#pid376301

Thank you for this.

It's that nonentity midnight378.

I can now understand why his replies were wayward. The people whose comments he copied to answer me didn't know that what they were replying has been taken out of the context it was made.

The person replying my comments, the fool copied here, mistook me for a theist

Just imagine the nonsense. I wonder why other atheist on this board have maintained a deafening silence since yesterday when you started exposing this.They can't pretend not to have seen what you have been doing.

Myndd44 and Seun please look into this .Some of the atheists here are turning Nairaland into a circus show.
I know not everyone of them is involved in this. But it seems most are

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2022
triplechoice:

Myndd44 and seun please look into this .Some of the atheists here are turning Nairaland into a circus show.
I know not everyone of them is involved in this. But it seems most are

It might be one person doing all the copying and pasting under different names, in both forums.

(later) All the midnight378 posts that I checked from this year are copied and pasted from atheistdiscussion.org, but I can't find out if the ones from last year are copied from somewhere else or not.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by triplechoice(m): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
ReubenSandwich:

It might be one person doing all the copying and pasting under different names, in both forums.

(later) All the midnight378 posts that I checked from this year are copied and pasted from atheistdiscussion.org, but I can't find out if the ones from last year are copied from somewhere else or not.

I doubt it's a single person.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The rebuttal is very clear and the whole world saw it that God of the Bible completely wiped out all of Sumeria (Ur) and Babylon (Hammurabi) as He Said He was going to do to them in the Bible and their gods could not save them

And we have their relics and records proving it today.
Can you share any links that proves this sir?

Dtruthspeaker:

The word said "PUT FORTH authoritatively" and not laid down by an authority".
What's the difference?

Dtruthspeaker:

Change of Post! You accused me of

"...You have a deep hatred and problem with those who refuse to accept your ridiculous claims."

Hence my answer.

So, now you have changed post yet again by making another false accusation.
There's no change of post uncle, this was your statement:
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what it means when people speak against Law (Morals), Equity and Just is. Which is basically what the Bible even specifically advocates for, .....
And I was trying to show you that your Bible doesn't advocate what you're claiming it does.

Dtruthspeaker:

Maybe!

But the heading of this section clearly says "Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here. Ad Rate: ₦6,831.36/week (57.5% discount).

So apparently, it is not for anti-God people, So you have no rights to even say this

"A dogma means telling the whole world that they were created by a God, not just a God but the God of the Bible.even when there's no evidence to support this claim. ...

Brothers and sisters following this thread, please judge, who is imposing dogmas on others?"

This is Religious section and we are free to share our belief in God here.

If you do not like it, then do not come here. It's as simple as that!
Go and read my comments again including that of Judas IX, then you'll understand why atheists and freethinkers are here. I won't repeat myself again.

Meanwhile, you've stealthily ignored the request we made on your "verifiable evidence" for a god, just like you do ignore so many points that was made for you to defend. Lol.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 2:29am On Oct 18, 2022
triplechoice:

I thought that the copying and pasting was something that people would want to know about, but it looks like no one else really cares.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Dtruthspeaker: 3:09am On Oct 18, 2022
AuthenticKing:

Can you share any links that proves this sir?

You don't need links to prove what we all see that Sumeria (Ur)/Hammurabi (Babylon) is gone.

AuthenticKing:

What's the difference?

Your own is follow-follow because of somebody said it. While mine is a personal creation which I am exhibiting (put forth) for the world to see. Not the same thing!.

AuthenticKing:

And I was trying to show you that your Bible doesn't advocate what you're claiming it does.

And your words in answer response shows you attacking me and why we preach, hence my reply.

AuthenticKing:

Go and read my comments again including that of Judas IX, then you'll understand why atheists and freethinkers are here. I won't repeat myself again.

Res ipsa loquitur.

AuthenticKing:

Meanwhile, you've stealthily ignored the request we made on your "verifiable evidence" for a god, just like you do ignore so many points that was made for you to defend. Lol.

I did not stealthy ignored it, I blatantly ignored because this is not the issue
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 3:24am On Oct 18, 2022
triplechoice:

I've been reading some of your posts on other topics, and I'd like to have some discussions with you about social issues and what to do about them. I don't want to start a new thread for it. I looked for a thread where you've posted recently, and this looks like it might be the best one for that. I'll post some thoughts, and maybe you'll have some comments or questions about them.

I think that all the cruelty, violence and oppression that we're seeing will continue and even get worse, for 50, 100, or 150 years or maybe even more, no matter what anyone does. I think that things will stop getting worse and start getting better after a few generations of people learning to train their children in ways that will mostly stop the cruelty, violence and oppression from happening. That's part of a larger process that I see happening of people all around the world learning to work with their neighbors to help make the community life in their neighborhood or village healthier, happier and more loving for every person in it.

I don't think that there's anything that anyone can do to stop the cruelty, violence and oppression from getting worse for many more years, but anyone who wants to can help reduce the damage to people's lives by learning to be a better friend to more people, a person that's safe, easy, fun and helpful person to talk to for all kinds of people in all kinds of situations. Another way to help reduce the damage is in that kind of community development that I described above.

In relation to discussions about religion, I think that people can learn lessons from the Bible if they want to, about how to live the best life they can, studying and practicing together to learn to live the way Jesus says to live. To learn the best lessons, they might need help from some kinds of Christian books.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Dtruthspeaker: 3:50am On Oct 18, 2022
ReubenSandwich:
.. I think that things will stop getting worse and start getting better after a few generations of [b]people learning to train their children in[/b]ways that will mostly stop the cruelty, violence and oppression from happening.

You can not give what you do not have!

If people refuse to change and stop being evil, then they will only continue to teach their children to be evil, till the evil destroys every one down to the last one.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Wilgrea7(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
Apologies for the late response. I completely missed these mentions

TenQ:

I think it is you who need to state explicitly that
1. The description of the Christian God as the Creator is material, time bound, weak, unconscious and unintelligent.
The ball is in your court
2. Let the adherents of Hindu, Baal, Muslim, etc speak for themselves as you know them, I don't! We don't represent the same Personality!

You don't have to be a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist etc for God the Creators will to be binding upon you.

I find it a little disappointing that you insist on ignoring my points to make reference to things i did not talk about.

I never said the Christian God is material, time bound or any of those other things you just said. That's just being shady at this point.

The Hindus and Muslims speaking for themselves is also irrelevant here.. that wasn't the point I was making.

TenQ:

Your conscience judges you alone and it doesn't concern itself with others! In the absence of the Law, your conscience is Watchman!
Your conscience is program written into you by your Creator as a sentinel to guide your character. QED!

Did you read what I said at all? You're dodging my question... Again

The conscience allegedly being placed there by the “creator" does not answer the question.

Please if you're going to engage in a productive discussion, dodging the other side's points or questions is not the way to do it. Just thought I'd let you know
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by triplechoice(m): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
ReubenSandwich:

I thought that the copying and pasting was something that people would want to know about, but it looks like no one else really cares.

It's possibly because most people here, whether theist or atheist, are involved in the same copying and pasting from elsewhere but not caught yet ,or the shame and embarrassment it has caused in certain quarters.

When someone does what brings shame and disgrace to their friends and close family members, they are usually left alone to deal with the situation . Nobody would want to draw attention to the matter due to embarrassment.

So far, all of the persons involved are atheists and the major culprit, Tamaratonye1, is a prominent and very popular atheist rated as one of the most intelligent ,with a delightful stlye of writing that has constantly earned her lots of praises and admiration from nearly everyone on this board. She has been a role model for lots of her followers. You wouldn't know this since from your profile, you recently joined the forum.

But the party is finally over and the deception exposed; it has been copying and pasting of the ideas and turns of phrase of other people from elsewhere. She has never for once written anything of her own. A scammer, that's what she's

This didn't start yesterday. The nonentity has been doing this for years now, and I am sure she is not even female but a male.Most fraudsters here on this forum, in case you don't know, are hiding behind a female moniker to interact with you.

However, all of this should not be interpreted to mean that every atheist here or elsewhere is dishonest. Atheist, not new age atheist , are usually honest and well behaved.

New age atheist, also called evangelical atheist, are not really different from the religious people they take delight in attacking all the time.

They are usually very hateful, very abusive, lie a lot and use all manner of deception and propaganda, just like some theist, to promote and defend their atheistic position.

And it's why it is said that, a theist and an atheist
( new age atheist) are two sides of the same coin. Both are behaving the same way, without being aware of it.

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by triplechoice(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2022
ReubenSandwich:

I've been reading some of your posts on other topics, and I'd like to have some discussions with you about social issues and what to do about them. I don't want to start a new thread for it. I looked for a thread where you've posted recently, and this looks like it might be the best one for that. I'll post some thoughts, and maybe you'll have some comments or questions about them..
ok.

I think that all the cruelty, violence and oppression that we're seeing will continue and even get worse, for 50, 100, or 150 years or maybe even more, no matter what anyone does. I think that things will stop getting worse and start getting better after a few generations of people learning to train their children in ways that will mostly stop the cruelty, violence and oppression from happening. .
The problem is that, not everyone is willing to learn how to train a child in the right way.Some parents who don't understand anything about basic child psychology are applying the wrong methods with terrible results which they refuse to own responsibility for.

I once had a discussion with a colleague who is a Christian that believes in not sparing the rod. I tried to explain to him that the advice in the Bible should not be followed as it could result in child trauma.
The next thing he said was, do I know more than God that put that verse in the Bible. After he said this, I knew it would be waste of time to continue with the conversation and I kept quiet making him to believe he was right.

So I ask you ,do you also believe in not sparing the rod?

That's part of a larger process that I see happening of people all around the world learning to work with their neighbors to help make the community life in their neighborhood or village healthier, happier and more loving for every person in it.
Before we start to see more of this happening the correct foundation must be laid; more people who have been raised or trained to be willing to work with others to ensure peace in our different communities.

What are parents teaching their children and who is monitoring the process , especially in our own part of the world where anything goes?

I don't think that there's anything that anyone can do to stop the cruelty, violence and oppression from getting worse for many more years, but anyone who wants to can help reduce the damage to people's lives by learning to be a better friend to more people, a person that's safe, easy, fun and helpful person to talk to for all kinds of people in all kinds of situations.
Some persons are not willing to accept your offer of friendship and wouldn't let you know this but pretend.

They prefer to cause harm to you even when you are not posing any danger to them. How do we deal with such people ?

Another way to help reduce the damage is in that kind of community development that I described above.

Certain conditions must be met before that can start happening
Individually and as groups efforts are being made to reduce the damage and some of us can see the results.

I think we should focus more on the successes and not dwell too much on what is not been done right. We are not going to have a perfect world for everyone. That's the truth about the world we live in.

In relation to discussions about religion, I think that people can learn lessons from the Bible if they want to, about how to live the best life they can, studying and practicing together to learn to live the way Jesus says to live. To learn the best lessons, they might need help from some kinds of Christian books.

Why only the Bible and Christian books? Christianity doesn't have all the answers. We can equally learn one or two things from other religion.
These days most people are learning yoga or practice meditation from Buddhism to take charge of their minds. These practices currently finds scientific support and have been proven to provide salutory effect to the mind or body.

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You don't need links to prove what we all see that Sumeria (Ur)/Hammurabi (Babylon) is gone.
Here you go again, you make some unfounded claims but now can't properly defend it. Uncle DTruthSpeaker, this is not the best way to make proper arguments o.

Dtruthspeaker:

Your own is follow-follow because of somebody said it. While mine is a personal creation which I am exhibiting (put forth) for the world to see. Not the same thing!.
Hahahahaha! You're indeed hilarious grin. I would ignore your first sentence.
You picked your definition from a Merriam Webster's dictionary which was similar to the definition I provided, now you call it a personal creation. You're doing well.

Dtruthspeaker:

And your words in answer response shows you attacking me and why we preach, hence my reply.
Facepalm. Not attacking you with my words, but attacking your claim that the Bible advocates for morals (at least entirely) and my anger was your proposition that because non-believers reject your book, then they are evil.

Dtruthspeaker:

Res ipsa loquitur.
Mtchew

Dtruthspeaker:

I did not stealthy ignored it, I blatantly ignored because this is not the issue

But you made a claim, why not prove it?
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by ReubenSandwich(m): 1:41am On Oct 19, 2022
ReubenSandwich:

I think that people can learn lessons from the Bible if they want to, about how to live the best life they can, studying and practicing together to learn to live the way Jesus says to live. To learn the best lessons, they might need help from some kinds of Christian books.

triplechoice:

Why only the Bible and Christian books? Christianity doesn't have all the answers. We can equally learn one or two things from other religion.

I agree.
Re: The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma by Dtruthspeaker: 2:12am On Oct 19, 2022
AuthenticKing:

Here you go again, you make some unfounded claims but now can't properly defend it. Uncle DTruthSpeaker, this is not the best way to make proper arguments o.

No one proves what is obvious.

AuthenticKing:

Hahahahaha! You're indeed hilarious grin. I would ignore your first sentence.
You picked your definition from a Merriam Webster's dictionary which was similar to the definition I provided, now you call it a personal creation. You're doing well.

Similar, does not mean the same!

AuthenticKing:

But you made a claim, why not prove it?

One the threads are here and anyone can go through the suffer to bring them up. But I would never do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) / Why Many People Pray And Don't Get Answers To Their Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.