Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? (1282 Views)

"They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good day Guys.

Please and please I’m trying to decide on which country to apply for student visa. I have gathered a couple of funds and this would be taking my whole fortune. I’m looking for the right country to travel to where I can study and easily get jobs to pay the rest of my tuition, pay bills and still support my parents at home.

Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by ednut1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
None, you can only work 20 hours a week during session. How will you be able to make money to pay fees and support parents in Nigeria Pure madness

3 Likes

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2022
ednut1:
None, you can only work 20 hours a week during session. How will you be able to make money to pay fees and support parents in Nigeria Pure madness
Please, what would you advice him?
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by ednut1(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2022
onyeadurunujoel:

Please, what would you advice him?
find money for your school fees before going. You can hustle living costs there. And forget about sending money to parents. If not stay put for 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2022
ednut1:

I heard people work where they pay them in cash hence government can’t monitor their work rate
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
ednut1:
find money for your school fees before going. You can hustle living costs there. And forget about sending money to parents. If not stay put for 9ja

Okay thanks bro what’s the living cost like?
Can you explain please ?
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by GboyegaD(m): 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
As someone who has schooled both in the US and Canada, I will tell you Canada is the place you can do it.

For example, if you are able to get the oil field servicing work many people do in the summer, you make so much that you can use to pay the tuition for the next semester. During regular semester, you might be able to get a job on campus where you can work as much hours that does not affect your studies to help you live your life.

3 Likes

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by ednut1(m): 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
Zyzman:

I heard people work where they pay them in cash hence government can’t monitor their work rate
you heard What course do you plan to do Bsc or masters. You can be caught and deported if you do that. Then how will you even pass your studies too if you dey run under g work?

3 Likes

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by ednut1(m): 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
Zyzman:

Okay thanks bro what’s the living cost like?
Can you explain please ?
www.google.com
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2022
ednut1:
you heard What course do you plan to do Bsc or masters. You can be caught and deported if you do that. Then how will you even pass your studies too if you dey run under g work?
Another angle sigh �
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
ednut1:
www.google.com

Lol this guy u be savage lol
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by CountVersailles(f): 12:15am On Oct 05, 2022
Zyzman:
Good day Guys.

Please and please I’m trying to decide on which country to apply for student visa. I have gathered a couple of funds and this would be taking my whole fortune. I’m looking for the right country to travel to where I can study and easily get jobs to pay the rest of my tuition, pay bills and still support my parents at home.

Are you even in your right mind? How will you take your whole fortune to go and study in another country? And if you run out of money what will you do? STart scavenging around? Na una dey come back here come dey complain about japa. No plan. Zero thinking. Using your whole fortune to relocate. Hunger that will torture you is still doing press-up.
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Bankowner: 12:59am On Oct 05, 2022
Those jobs are referred to as 'under the table' jobs but believe me, you'll work till your back breaks. They are mostly general labour and warehouse jobs.

Zyzman:

ednut1:
This is the best advice you can get, forget about sending money home for now. That time will come.
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by BoboKush(m): 6:01am On Oct 05, 2022
Sometimes u shld get advise from right people a lot of people here are retard, envy, jealous and hatred don full their mind

Concerning you working extra time and making more money to fund your school, pay bills and sponsor your parent

It's very possible and doesn't affect your study.... Tho they are menial jobs

Don't get discourage by comments most of them put up to discourage u.... Na bad belle them be

5 Likes

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Pesbest: 11:03am On Oct 05, 2022
for self-sponsored students,, i highly recommend Australia and New Zealand. The following developed English country that comes close is CANADA.

But you didn't mention if it is Undergraduate or postgraduate, because it's relative.

In the UK, I strongly advise you to have at least 1 year of tuition in hand.

In the USA, very possible for Postgraduate Research students due to Graduate assistant jobs.
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Gipre(m): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
Which work can you do in Nigeria and support yourself as a student on a Full-Time Study Program in Nigeria?
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
Bankowner:
Those jobs are referred to as 'under the table' jobs but believe me, you'll work till your back breaks. They are mostly general labour and warehouse jobs.

This is the best advice you can get, forget about sending money home for now. That time will come.

Thank you boss
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
CountVersailles:

Are you even in your right mind? How will you take your whole fortune to go and study in another country? And if you run out of money what will you do? STart scavenging around? Na una dey come back here come dey complain about japa. No plan. Zero thinking. Using your whole fortune to relocate. Hunger that will torture you is still doing press-up.

I know it’s wrong to do that but I just need to make the move in pursuit of greener pastures.
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
BoboKush:
Sometimes u shld get advise from right people a lot of people here are retard, envy, jealous and hatred don full their mind

Concerning you working extra time and making more money to fund your school, pay bills and sponsor your parent

It's very possible and doesn't affect your study.... Tho they are menial jobs

Don't get discourage by comments most of them put up to discourage u.... Na bad belle them be

Thank you my bro. I really want start everything I’m looking at next year September. I don apply for passport self my capture date na January. Then I find a school to apply to and when them give me admission na to make deposit and get CAS

1 Like

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Pesbest:
for self-sponsored students,, i highly recommend Australia and New Zealand. The following developed English country that comes close is CANADA.

But you didn't mention if it is Undergraduate or postgraduate, because it's relative.

In the UK, I strongly advise you to have at least 1 year of tuition in hand.

In the USA, very possible for Postgraduate Research students due to Graduate assistant jobs.

I intend to do a postgraduate taught degree. Saw a university where they pay 14k pounds but accept 2k pounds as deposit and now I Dey fear on how I go work to pay the rest of the tuition and also rent and all

1 Like

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by ednut1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
Zyzman:

I intend to do a postgraduate taught degree. Saw a university where they pay 14k pounds but accept 2k pounds as deposit and now I Dey fear on how I go work to pay the rest of the tuition and also rent and all
its better to sell your kidney to ekweremadus daughter than try this. You go suffer no be small and likely not make the money to pay in time
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by nikkyejike1: 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
Zyzman:

Bear in mind that you have to pay 50% tuition after paying the 2k before you start your programme. My advise is to check low tuition schools in canada like university of newfoundland and sascatchewan. Their annual fee is around 9000CAD. As a self sponsored student you will be able to work and pay your fee.
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by BoboKush(m): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Zyzman:

Thank you my bro. I really want start everything I’m looking at next year September. I don apply for passport self my capture date na January. Then I find a school to apply to and when them give me admission na to make deposit and get CAS

Bless u bro
Make God make it easy for u
All of us they run m low key
Don't get discourage as this is what most people will do to u

Others av done it work for them....People are during it.... It working it will sure work for u too
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
nikkyejike1:

Bear in mind that you have to pay 50% tuition after paying the 2k before you start your programme. My advise is to check low tuition schools in canada like university of newfoundland and sascatchewan. Their annual fee is around 9000CAD. As a self sponsored student you will be able to work and pay your fee.
Thank you so much I will check it
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
BoboKush:

Bless u bro
Make God make it easy for u
All of us they run m low key
Don't get discourage as this is what most people will do to u

Others av done it work for them....People are during it.... It working it will sure work for u too

Thank you so much bro I really appreciate
I Dey fear make I no lie but one has to do it

1 Like

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by BoboKush(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Zyzman:

Thank you so much bro I really appreciate
I Dey fear make I no lie but one has to do it

Exactly but plan well..... Its nt easy at the other side
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Zyzman:
Good day Guys.

Don't mind anyone that says you have work And study. I have friends in US that work to pay their tuition. Hourly rate at some places in US can go as high as $1600 per hour. If you work 20hrs per week, that's already $32,000 per week. You can make over $150,000 per month. Very easy. Within 6 months , you'll finish building a house in Nigeria
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
ednut1:

It's a lie ednut. Stop discouraging people from japa

Don't mind anyone that says you have work And study. I have friends in US that work to pay their tuition. Hourly rate at some places in US can go as high as $1600 per hour. If you work 20hrs per week, that's already $32,000 per week. You can make over $150,000 per month. Very easy. Within 6 months , you'll finish building a house in Nigeria
Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by ednut1(m): 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
SharpID:

It's a lie ednut. Stop discouraging people from japa

hahahaha goat

1 Like

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by damzy88: 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
SharpID:

This should be sarcasm. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Place Is Better For A Self Sponsored Student? Canada, USA, Or UK? by Zyzman: 11:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
SharpID:

Why do I feel like this is sarcasm

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Abroad Begs To Be Deported To Nigeria (video) / Usa Dv-2011 Lottery Special Offer: / Get Uk,belarus And Switzerland Visa Without Deposit!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.