Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society (4667 Views)

JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official / Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / 5 Type Of Food That Nigerian Student Eat More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2011
Rgp92:

Nigerians both outside and inside are lazy. What have they done for Nigeria ? Nothing, they keep blaming the government. what a group of losers
no doubt we are not lazy physically but intellectually, which is not only in nigeria but most black countries aswell,
i totally agree that our students is surly depending on what to get after graduate but not what to make out! in all you cant blame the government neigther the student instead its a collective contribution of both but i still think that govt have a greater role to play.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by annytee(m): 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
after they succeeded in ruining the system, they now begin to subject our future leaders to ridicle, what a shame!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by BodyKiss(m): 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
If birth control could be possible, why won't they do graduate control. undecided
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by IgboGirl(f): 11:24pm On Aug 16, 2011
Doesn't one need education to gain the entrepreneurial skills she's talking about? The education system in Nigeria is a joke! She's blaming the wrong people. Nigerian graduates are product of Nigeria failed education so the education they received should be blamed because it failed to give them entrepreneurial skills.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by proffmanue(m): 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2011
current leadership are not the course of Nigerian education problems we should only suggest to them the way forward.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2011
i think u meant "CAUSE" not COURSE. Sorry couldn't help but to point it out!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by swiftycool(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2011
i dont get it, d modern world sees a large turn out of educated graduates from Naija as one of our nation's major ASSETS, yet our honorable education minister refers to them as LIABILITIES. Is she really educated? what a dumbass
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by Kx: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2011
whats her background?
professor in islamic studies?
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by WaltherPPK: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2011
I have always known the woman to be s*tupid.Has she not been in civil service all her life?Let her tell us how she has been an entreprenuer.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by Shersky: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2011
Wow! Some ppl are just naive. Nigerian graduates are useless? They have no entreprenual skills? They are lazy? What a load of rubbish! Aren't most of you guys graduates too? How many of you have created something worthwhile in life? There are loads of unemployed graduates all over the world and they are never useless to their countries. They are GREAT ASSETS and not a burden. Nigerian elders go dey shout 'be an entrepreneur' this, 'be creative' that, 'take risk' this, 'don't just complain' that. There are a lot of graduates cum entrepreneurs who are in debts after their 'risk taking' in Nigeria (a country where facilities sh!t)! Why do you think that some unemployed people resort to yahoo yahoo+419? After a few years of 'hammering', they tell you to your face that they are entrepreneurs looking for business to invest into! The woman wey talk self na dumbbaby. That's surely a tongue in cheek comment. Would she have her present job without her connections even though she's a graduate? What about her country's mind boggling federal representation scheme which renders meritrocracy redundant? But can we really blame her in a country where the churches and mosques pray and fast for corrupt people every day and night. Una go just dey misyarn because you easy access to the internet!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by Sayoh: 11:54am On Aug 17, 2011
SMVNEH @topic and the minister. (shaking my very Nigerian educated head)!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by member479760: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
The big question is did we have prof/lect with real work experience? most of the lecturers dont even know what they are doing, they keep on reading the old stuffs to students.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by bluesaint(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
Now some of us wants to concur with wat dis woman has said. Have you all forgoten that its the responsibility of the government to create an enabling environment for both investors and any creative mind that intends to venture into any enterprise. When the govt has failed in providing security within its borders, hw do existing and intending investors thrive? When the govt has failed in providin power and other basic infrastructures, hw do we sustain and expand business with hte least cost? Thesame useless leaders who are attacking graduates are thesame persons that have been responsible in adoptin useless curricula 4 our education system. Dey sold and privatisd our vital public companies for their own selfish gains, wit the intention of boostin their own private companies. Well, lets see how the future plays out. Now they move wit so much security aides n all, soon dia wil be a revolution, n den their aides can no longer protect them because evn the children of these aides will also march the streets of our nation. Dey've increased d minimum wage 2 anoda peanut, n we r all hapi. I wonda wen our papaers will start publishing be take home package of deze criminals. I don tire abeg, lets strt a revolution jor. See how d ex militants are now flying abroad 4 trainin evryday, courtesy of d fedral govt. WE ARE THE FUTURE, AND OUR TIME IS NOW!!! who are attacking graduates are thesame persons that have been responsible in adoptin useless curricula 4 our education system. Dey sold and privatisd our vital public companies for their own selfish gains, wit the intention of boostin their own private companies. Well, lets see how the future plays out. Now they move wit so much security aides n all, soon dia wil be a revolution, n den their aides can no longer protect them because evn the children of these aides will also march the streets of our nation. Dey've increased d minimum wage 2 anoda peanut, n we r all hapi. I wonda wen our papaers will start publishing be take home package of deze criminals. I don tire abeg, lets strt a revolution jor. See how d ex militants are now flying abroad 4 trainin evryday, courtesy of d fedral govt. WE ARE THE FUTURE, AND OUR TIME IS NOW!!!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by MMM2(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2011
rubbish
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by saggyraggy: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
God will punish her generation for making such erroneous statement. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry Our leaders are d burden we face in Nigerian. Stupid woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by macleary: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
Sincerely,i don't know who appointed this woman to insult and downgrade Nigerian graduates.Anyway,i don't blame her,maybe her children didn't school here and she is just too extra comfortable to know what graduates face out there to call them a burden to the society.May God have mercy on her,because if the whole Nigerian graduates should raise one voice and swear for her!!!God knows, How would you refer to literate human beings as BURDENS!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by LFJ: 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
Rgp92:

Nigerians both outside and inside are lazy. What have they done for Nigeria ? Nothing, they keep blaming the government. what a group of losers

Tell me what you have done in your life that qualifies you to call other Nigerians lazy people. You may do us good by telling us what qualify us as lazy. I guess you are one of those Nigerian that was taken out of the country at a very young age. You don’t actually know what you are talking about, I pray to God to forgive you.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by martinosi: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
kodewrita:

Point of Correction: Nigerian Political Appointees (with their consumption of 75% of recurrent expenditure) are a burden to the society.

SO TRUE!, CO-SIGN!!!,

These guys spead up to 70% of the Fiscal outlay on their Salaries, Expenses, Benefits and capital Projects that go into their pockets and they have the nerve to say that the Graduates of Nigeria are a burden on the Nation and
Economy, These guys are Parasites & Leeches in the Highest Order and so
are the children and Benfactories that are also posters on Nairaland!!!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by betrani(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
Burden ke? Ur lucky u found some corrupt taut of a supervisor! That sold u PHD and pave way for ur half baked professorship! Na wa o! C this almajeree migrant from chad! Ur very lucky I am not a member of boko haram! People like u are better of in afganistan where talibans! Take k of stubborn daughters of eve!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by betrani(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2011
Thank God for all those who support that stupid woman! U re all a burden to the nigerian society so long as u too are products of the failed system! Cramming or no cramming u need a memory of some event in ur brains, otherwise una wey lucky to get job and still d make noise, for no sabi ur boss name for morning when u lucky to wake! Mumu them!
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by Tofax: 11:24am On Aug 18, 2011
it quite unfortunate dat other countries are thriving 2 improve der educational system while our minister is busy blaming graduates who are product of a corrupt system .where is d principle of social contract.check d number of companies folding up yearly.d economic environment in Nig is too harsh 4 even d best brain in d US 2 succeed,dat's why dey dn't invest in dis country.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by chukaz07: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2011
Greatest nigerian student, abeg make we all put heads together ooo. First nd foremost dat minister of edutn she's a Bastard, a nit-wit. Gbam. See the useless government training the millitants, i be delta boy, millitancy no go stop unless they train all of us. 9ija stdnt make we self form millitant na mayb dem go hear our cry then. Bt 1st mak we kidnap that useless woman children make she no as e dey b for body
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by eewule(m): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
Even if the masses of jobless graduates had entrepreneurial skills, where do they get the investment / funds to push their business forward sad
GEJ need to start employing better / more caring peops as ministers. Obviously, this ladies kids are abroad or in private uni's else she has placed them in top gov. roles and then opens her mouth to reign insults on the not-so-lucky average nigerian graduates.
Re: Education Minister Implies That Nigerian Graduates Are A Burden To The Society by obowunmi(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nigerians rank high amongst most innovative in the world: I don't know what this stupid minister is talking about:

Check out this article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottshane/2011/08/22/americans-are-middling-at-generating-business-ideas/?feed=rss_home

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Refrigerator VS Oyibo Refrigerator / A Nairalander's Open Letter To Mr Oluwaseun Osewa / Approved Courses Offered In Federal University Of Technology Owerri. (FUTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.