Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route (10167 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Mirasteel: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t know who are the you all. It is good you don’t like UK. Go to where you like. wink
I was just advising you Africans that love trooping to UK en masse, there's nothing rosy about UK, explore more European countries instead.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2022
Mirasteel:
I was just advising you Africans that love trooping to UK en masse, there's nothing rosy about UK, explore more European countries instead.

You can drop your comment independently. AFRICANS that love trooping to UK would read it. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

LoL there's no future for an African child. Stop being naive. Students have been at home for close to a year and no one in government cares. A bulk of this students will be unemployed when they leave school cause they are no jobs so where's the future for a Nigerian child. It's best to migrate when single sha. Once you get married and pump out kids it's very difficult and financially consuming.

Hmmm who told you that school is the only way to secure children future
Who also told you that you must work for someone to make it in life
I can see the level of your mentality . Since you lack brain let me borrow you some sense, when you give birth try teach your kids how to utilize the global village in their era to secure their future anywhere they are. Stop using government as excuse to your inability to think outside the box

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Mirasteel: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

You can drop your comment independently. AFRICANS that love dropping to UK would read it. Thank you
Okay. I will create the thread when I am chanced, you might also learn alot from the thread.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by SocialJustice: 7:39am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

My comment was actually about what I like. So, I wouldn't understand why you are repeating after me. Bye!
You said the whole thing looks like organised crime and it is what you like? Na wa. You can defeat yourself, don't try to defeat others too in their quest for a better life.

While talking, being dismissive doesn't make your points superior, it only shows desperation in proving your correctness.

Bye too.

10 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2022
SocialJustice:
You said the whole thing looks like organised crime and it is what you like? Na wa. You can defeat yourself, don't try to defeat others too in their quest for a better life.

While talking, being dismissive doesn't make your points superior, it only shows desperation in proving your correctness.

Bye too.

I am not trying to prove my correctness to you or anyone. I said it looks like an organized scam. If you think otherwise, please sell your properties and go there. I am not even going to try stop you. I just won’t do it. Not even for the £9-20 you flashed in my face. Safe journey in advance if you are not already there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by SocialJustice: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

I am not trying to prove my correctness to you or anyone. I said it looks like an organized scam. If you think otherwise, please sell your properties and go there. I am not even going to try stop you. I just won’t do it. Not even for the £9-20 you flashed in my face. Safe journey in advance if you are not already there.
As long as it makes you happy, I'm fine.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2022
SocialJustice:
Stick to your audit job, allow jobless and under employed people who are able to escape Nigeria earn. It is only a starting point and so much income growth can be made from there.

People who are earning 120k a month for jobs that give them time for nothing else can quickly move to earning over 3m monthly. How much is tax? Let's say 50% and split income to 1.5m. It might not make sense to you but it does to a lot of people.

Life is a matter of wisely exploiting your options.

Why are you talking about the UK salary in Naira when you're not going to spend it in Nigeria
It doesn't make sense nah

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by SocialJustice: 8:31am On Oct 06, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Why are you talking about the UK salary in Naira when you're not going to spend it in Nigeria
Where you want spend the money before if not Nigeria. Any sensible Nigerian should know to only spend on food, clothing, housing and investments abroad, the rest na savings to take flex Nigeria, if you like cross make you go dull.

Food is cheap, clothing is cheap, shared apartment yakpa, so what's wrong in converting to naira?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Because that is what they use to confuse, impress and lure ignorant Nigerians. Na travel agents dey do am pass.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by GloriousGbola: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

Because that is what they use to confuse, impress and lure ignorant Nigerians. Na travel agents dey do am pass.

i have never understood the thinking.

it is possible that critical thinking is a real thing where most nigerians are concerned

as if nigerians somehow think there is a global rate for cost of living

then again - i can see an agent here spouting the usual stories - which comes to the issue you have repeatedly come across [while training the online japa crew] a fundamental laziness to research what is a google click away, but rather rely on the words of 'travel agents' with their own agenda
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Munamoqel: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:
Lol. All this money to go do care jobs and barely see one another? I am very pro-japa, but this whole UK thing is beginning to look like organised scam.

Edit: I don’t have anything against care jobs. There is dignity in labour after all. But I have everything against spending millions to get an MSc, only to abandon the MSc and my years of experience/professional skills to do a care/social work. If it is part of your grand plan from the onset, good luck to you. wink
God bless you I have been on a one Man crusade to highlight the scamish rackets the British empires set up to milk Nigerians monies uk citizens cannot afford .and why UK japa crew should not sell everything and resign from promising local jobs for teir 4 visa .The uk now has housing shortages and new student are hanging. There are fair options like Canada , Australia USA . this are the true japa Nation .

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by franchasofficia: 9:38am On Oct 06, 2022
Pocohantas, I understand your reasoning very well, you are right but what I have come to understand is this; most Nigerians abandoning their jobs or businesses in Nigeria to relocate to UK with their kids are doing it mostly for their kids' future.

They are scared of what Nigeria would become in years to come, which is very understandable because if you look back, you will remember one or two relations or neighbors or kinsmen or family friends whose parents were rich while growing up but today they are struggling to survive in Nigeria because things turned upside down for them after their father died or became old, and some end up selling all their father's acquired houses and properties to sustain themselves in Nigeria of today.

These scenarios are part of the things fueling this tsunami of Nigerians abandoning their well paying jobs or thriving businesses and migrating abroad with their kids.

It's sad but I have learnt not to blame them wholly like before.

That is why I get so angry with anybody, especially youths supporting Tinubu to become next President, they are senseless and in fact drunk. Reality will down on them should he win (God forbid anyway).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by debbydee(f): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2022
Do what works for you. If you are in business and your daily convertion is from dollar to naira you will understand this tsunami.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Sweetvie: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2022
Seriously UK is not for me
I love my obodo Australia grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by JohnnA1: 11:10am On Oct 06, 2022
SocialJustice:
I assumed you were referring to yourself.

My point hasn't changed though, stick to what you like let others find their way.

Relocating isn't just about job opportunities even if it is for many, people just want to have a decent life in a sane country.

Convert £20/hr, see what you get. Even if a person is not able to get a direct health job for £20/hr, 2 jobs should bring them close.

This is only the beginning of getting there. A life one has to endure for 2-3 years and they are on their way to much better income.

There are also other jobs with labour shortage, health care isn't the only available job.

Nobody is aiming to be a billionaire, people just want to earn and live a comfortable life with constant basic amenities.

If you believe UK won't work out for you, it won't. Those with hope should try and advance their lives.
Thank you for this.
If you believe UK won't work out for you, it won't.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2022
franchasofficia:
Pocohantas, I understand your reasoning very well, you are right but what I have come to understand is this; most Nigerians abandoning their jobs or businesses in Nigeria to relocate to UK with their kids are doing it mostly for their kids' future.

Honestly, this is their business not any of mine. My parents trained me in Nigeria and I am not dead YET. It is okay to sell off everything for the sake of their kids, but they should also know it is not all milk and honey.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by DeluxebyOVA: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pretty much, family of five will be looking at 25. Omo shocked
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

Honestly, this is their business not any of mine. My parents trained me in Nigeria and I am not dead YET. It is okay to sell off everything for the sake of their kids, but they should also know it is not all milk and honey.
lol. For at least 90% of those in this travel section, if you are not considering japa, they have this conviction that you have missed it in life. It's all good sha. We go dey alright las las.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Treadway:
lol. For at least 90% of those in this travel section, if you are not considering japa, they have this conviction that you have missed it in life. It's all good sha. We go dey alright las las.

I am all for japa, but I would do it when it is very convenient for me and on the right note. Nobody will pressure or mislead me.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Ayobanks07(m): 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
If no be USA or CANADA, I no go any other place, even USA and CANADA, no be through schooling I won go, na as per just work level, what's the hence of leaving Nigeria if I have that much money to enroll for master's program

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Cutehector(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
My own is to be traveling for vacations abroad and be coming back.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2022
Ayobanks07:
If no be USA or CANADA, I no go any other place, even USA and CANADA, no be through schooling I won go, na as per just work level, what's the hence of leaving Nigeria if I have that much money to enroll for master's program

LoL for you to get a usa work visa or Canadian work visa from Nigeria you must be a super genius tech bro at the top of your field. It's not easy o.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dayaa: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
Cutehector:
My own is to be traveling for vacations abroad and be coming back.

You wouldn't want to japa permanently like almost every Nigerian these days?
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dayaa: 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mirasteel:

Can you cite examples of the European countries you suggest?
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Cutehector(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
Dayaa:

You wouldn't want to japa permanently like almost every Nigerian these days?
nope, there is no need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Watianoengineer(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
Czech Republic has the lowest unemployment in Europe and their salary is very high and cost of migration lower thank UK
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by franchasofficia: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

lolz grin
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
haybhi1:
If you're migrating to Canada, US, Australia, Germany (given you have language barrier sorted yet), then you can be rest assured you're making a fair financial decision.

The same can hardly be said of Great Britain, but we have been hearing of a fair financial conditions among migrants in the geographically excised Ireland Rep.

A few other nations cut it too. They are not this expensive to migrate to and they will still prove a nice decision along the line.

Visa Success rate is 20/100.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mirasteel:
Must you all japa to UK? the last time I checked their are good European countries that you can travel without spending much, I don't even like UK, I will prefer Germany, Luxembourg, Denmark and Norway.

Be careful what you wish for.
These are very racist countries, forget what you read on the tabloids.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2022
SocialJustice:
I assumed you were referring to yourself.

My point hasn't changed though, stick to what you like let others find their way.

Relocating isn't just about job opportunities even if it is for many, people just want to have a decent life in a sane country.

Convert £20/hr, see what you get. Even if a person is not able to get a direct health job for £20/hr, 2 jobs should bring them close.

This is only the beginning of getting there. A life one has to endure for 2-3 years and they are on their way to much better income.

There are also other jobs with labour shortage, health care isn't the only available job.

Nobody is aiming to be a billionaire, people just want to earn and live a comfortable life with constant basic amenities.

If you believe UK won't work out for you, it won't. Those with hope should try and advance their lives.

Well said bro.
This is my line of work, and if I share stories I hear daily from applicants, you will weep for this country.
Poco mouth off alot. I sincerely hope you don't fall victim to a kidnapping attack or an illness that would plunge your finances & that of your family into penury, then, you would know that some of these UK migrants are not doing it for the money.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Well said bro.
This is my line of work, and if I share stories I hear daily from applicants, you will weep for this country.
Poco mouth off alot. I sincerely hope you don't fall victim to a kidnapping attack or an illness that would plunge your finances & that of your family into penury, then, you would know that some of these UK migrants are not doing it for the money.

The kidnappers knows their targets are for those who have kidnapped value, have you seen or head they kidnapped poor man pikin ? The number of people who are desperate to japa are from poor family, they borrow POF all in the name of Japa using insecurity as excuse thinking they will become rich as soon as they get there wink The rich men go on holiday abroad while poor men think of relocation abroad

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vietnam: What Do You Know / I Need Direction To Travel From Ladipo To Trade Fair / My Trip To Sweden And Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.