Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route (10179 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
HRprof:

The kidnappers knows their targets are for those who have kidnapped value, have you seen or head they kidnapped poor man pikin ? The number of people who are desperate to japa are from poor family, they borrow POF all in the name of Japa using insecurity as excuse thinking they will become rich as soon as they get there wink The rich men go on holiday abroad while poor men think of relocation abroad

It is his family members they would first kidnap. At least he would send out of the £20/hr for their ransom. After all, their families are still here with us. He should pray they don’t come down with a kidney failure. Na my own family e come dey pray for, as if say e be orphan. grin

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 12:49am On Oct 07, 2022
Ayobanks07:
If no be USA or CANADA, I no go any other place, even USA and CANADA, no be through schooling I won go, na as per just work level, what's the hence of leaving Nigeria if I have that much money to enroll for master's program
After USA, then Switzerland, Australia, and Canada in that order if you want to build real wealth.

As Canada is now super competitive, Australia is the best route which is even better than Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 12:53am On Oct 07, 2022
HRprof:

The kidnappers knows their targets are for those who have kidnapped value, have you seen or head they kidnapped poor man pikin ? The number of people who are desperate to japa are from poor families, they borrow POF all in the name of Japa using insecurity as an excuse thinking they will become rich as soon as they get there wink The rich men go on holiday abroad while poor men think of relocation abroad
You don't know what's happening in the north then. They don't care. They'll pack everybody in a bus shuttle. Mostly those that don't even have 100k per month. It's the community and family members that will now pay the ransom.

Kidnapping is the most lucrative deal for those guys right now. There is no day at least 10 persons are not kidnapped along kebbi-Sokoto or Zamfara-Sokoto.

Days of taking the rich are gone. Now they hold both government and families to ransom

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Gerrard59(m): 3:30am On Oct 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
The health job you dey look down on pays £9-£20 hourly and you can clock 8-12 hours daily. And who told you they don't see one another? If you're not interested just relax, stop saying what you don't know.

But they are not spending that money in Nigeria na. I don't know why you people like to convert earnings in the abroad to naira when the earner resides in the abroad not Nigeria. The only time that makes sense is when the person resides in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Gerrard59(m): 3:33am On Oct 07, 2022
Treadway:
lol. For at least 90% of those in this travel section, if you are not considering japa, they have this conviction that you have missed it in life. It's all good sha. We go dey alright las las.

You are the in the Travel Section of Nairaland, so what do you expect? Pictures of food and whatnot? Or you wanted travel tips to Gombe and Postiskum?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Gerrard59(m): 3:37am On Oct 07, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Be careful what you wish for.
These are very racist countries, forget what you read on the tabloids.

Anytime I see Nigerians complain of racism, I find it funny. You people are in a country where 99% of residents don't know what constant electricity is, poverty is abundant like sweets, armed robberies and brazen kidnapping of people, and carry tribalism on their heads like gala (check the Politics section and Twitter). In fact, recently, you had a deputy governor tell a presidential candidate to only campaign in his state. Yet the same people will scream rAcIsM and wHiTe sUpReMaCy when they migrate to prosperous countries where things work.

Crude tribalists complaining of racism. Nonsense and ingredients!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Gerrard59(m): 3:44am On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
After USA, then Switzerland, Australia, and Canada in that order if you want to build real wealth.

As Canada is now super competitive, Australia is the best route which is even better than Canada

If that is the case, why aren't many Nigerians targeting Australia? If you want to gauge how easy and straightforward a country's migration routes are from a Nigerian POV, check the number of pages on the country's thread on nairaland.

- The number of pages on the Canadian thread exceeds that of Australia and is more recent.
- Australian universities are way more expensive than Canadian universities and don't offer enough scholarships
- Australia's skilled migration scheme is tumbo-tumbo and very expensive on its own. Today, it is like this; tomorrow, they say go to the Sokoto region of the country before you become a permanent resident.

However, it is pretty easy if the person has plenty of money or a close relative who is a citizen. But compared to Canada? Australia is hard for many Nigerians.

P.S. Anytime I see Switzerland mentioned as an intended country to migrate to on Nairaland, e dey burst my brain. A country that makes it hard for native Europeans to migrate as workers or naturalise after studies is what a black African is dreaming of? Nna eh grin Do you know the rules regarding searching for a job as a non-EU citizen in Switzerland after grad studies?

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Mirasteel: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Be careful what you wish for.
These are very racist countries, forget what you read on the tabloids.
Is England not a racist country? and there are thousands if not millions in the UK.
Nigerians are almost in all racist European countries, so what are you saying? Lol grin
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 8:04am On Oct 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

Anytime I see Nigerians complain of racism, I find it funny. You people are in a country where 99% of residents don't know what constant electricity is, poverty is abundant like sweets, armed robberies and brazen kidnapping of people, and carry tribalism on their heads like gala (check the Politics section and Twitter). In fact, recently, you had a deputy governor tell a presidential candidate to only campaign in his state. Yet the same people will scream rAcIsM and wHiTe sUpReMaCy when they migrate to prosperous countries where things work.

Crude tribalists complaining of racism. Nonsense and ingredients!

You have a shallow mind.
How many of these countries have you been to?
If you experience full blown racism, you will hate your skin colour.
This is coming from someone who has lived in all Scandinavian countries put together.
UK racial slurs is a joke compared to these countries.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

You are the in the Travel Section of Nairaland, so what do you expect? Pictures of food and whatnot? Or you wanted travel tips to Gombe and Postiskum?
comprehend my post bro. I said that those 90% FEEL ANYONE NOT CONSIDERING JAPA is missing it in life. That is brazenly abnormal. To put it in perspective, I'm very sure the people in travel section on Reddit do not think of travel that way. It is a travel section, not that deep, anyone can travel, ko kan mi

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Gerrard59(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

You have a shallow mind.
How many of these countries have you been to?
If you experience full blown racism, you will hate your skin colour.
This is coming from someone who has lived in all Scandinavian countries put together.
UK racial slurs is a joke compared to these countries.

Less discriminatory than a prominent politician telling another not to campaign in a particular region and the constant "go back to your state". In your case, you are in a different country and have a different skin colour. It is worse when a person with the same skin colour and nationality throws tribalistic diatribes.

In summary, the average Nigerian has no moral right to complain about racism. It is pure hypocrisy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2022
HRprof:

The kidnappers knows their targets are for those who have kidnapped value, have you seen or head they kidnapped poor man pikin ? The number of people who are desperate to japa are from poor family, they borrow POF all in the name of Japa using insecurity as excuse thinking they will become rich as soon as they get there wink The rich men go on holiday abroad while poor men think of relocation abroad

See ignorance!
Just continue praying you don't fall victim.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

See ignorance!
Just continue praying you don't fall victim.
your life is not even secure anywhere even abroad. if you think japa is the solution to excape kidnapping then you are more ignorant than i thought. okay after running away from kidnapper ensure you represent Nigeria well over there. i am tired of digraceful story we hear Nigerians commit abroad.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by nymphomaniac(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2022
I have really enjoyed this thread. The arguments for and against japa to UK. There are good factors for and against both sides.

Personally, I’d rather do Canada or US even though UK seems to be the easiest path to tow now. I personally feel England is overrated. If I must do the UK, Scotland/Ireland would do for me.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by haybhi1(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Visa Success rate is 20/100.

20% is a great stat, bro.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 10:42am On Oct 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

If that is the case, why aren't many Nigerians targeting Australia? If you want to gauge how easy and straightforward a country's migration routes are from a Nigerian POV, check the number of pages on the country's thread on nairaland.

- The number of pages on the Canadian thread exceeds that of Australia and is more recent.
- Australian universities are way more expensive than Canadian universities and don't offer enough scholarships
- Australia's skilled migration scheme is tumbo-tumbo and very expensive on its own. Today, it is like this; tomorrow, they say go to the Sokoto region of the country before you become a permanent resident.

However, it is pretty easy if the person has plenty of money or a close relative who is a citizen. But compared to Canada? Australia is hard for many Nigerians.

P.S. Anytime I see Switzerland mentioned as an intended country to migrate to on Nairaland, e dey burst my brain. A country that makes it hard for native Europeans to migrate as workers or naturalise after studies is what a black African is dreaming of? Nna eh grin Do you know the rules regarding searching for a job as a non-EU citizen in Switzerland after grad studies?
Switzerland and Australia are expensive to migrate to, but they offer a wealth of opportunities plus less tax compared to income. The Swiss pays the highest salaries only in match with the US.

It's not cheap, that's why few Nigerians are there. But for those there, they're chilling.

For International students in Australia, you can be making AUD 2000 in a week. Like damn. I guess because of their scrutiny, no jack and harry can just step in.

Recently, they launched a Visa scheme to take people with Two years of experience in IT or the Health field who gets at least 65 points more like the express entry for Canada (80 to be competitive ).

25-35 years.....30 points
Bachelors degree....10 points
8 band in IELTS.....20 points
ACS certificate(for ICT).....10

That's 70 already.

Forget the crap you hear about Switzerland. Their study route is so easy if you have the money. It's free, but you have to block CHF 21,0000. cheesy. Thats like 10m(8m previously no thanks to our useless naira)

In conclusion, We don't reference those countries because it's expensive to migrate to, but when in, they're the best after the USA.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:56am On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
Switzerland and Australia are expensive to migrate to, but they offer a wealth of opportunities plus less tax compared to income. The Swiss pays the highest salaries only in match with the US.

It's not cheap, that's why few Nigerians are there. But for those there, they're chilling.

For International students in Australia, you can be making AUD 2000 in a week. Like damn. I guess because of their scrutiny, no jack and harry can just step in.

Recently, they launched a Visa scheme to take people with Two years of experience in IT or the Health field who gets at least 65 points more like the express entry for Canada (80 to be competitive ).

That's 70 already.

Forget the crap you hear about Switzerland. Their study route is so easy if you have the money. It's free, but you have to block CHF 21,0000. cheesy. Thats like 10m(8m previously no thanks to our useless naira)

In conclusion, We don't reference those countries because it's expensive to migrate to, but when in, they're the best after the USA.

Another problem with switzerland is that you have six months to find a job after graduation or back to your papa house.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:

That's 70 already.

Australia is tuition-free?
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by nymphomaniac(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Another problem with switzerland is that you have six months to find a job after graduation or back to your papa house.
six months is enough to get a job with a horological company at least there nau. smiley
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
nymphomaniac:
six months is enough to get a job with a horological company at least there nau. smiley

Hahahaha ��� no try am o even for native Europeans getting a job in Switzerland isn't easy. My German colleague tried to and gave up and went back to Germany. The law is swiss first. After the swiss are the EU citizens after the EU citizens are the EEA so the Nordic countries like Norway et al. After them it's EU allies. Countries like Japan, Korea, USA and all. After them before Africans are considered. Hmm and in six months. Interview process for multinationals can even span that six months and they will need to tell the swiss government they couldn't find a swiss, eu, EEA or EU allied nation citizen before you an African hmmm. Forget the ranking of swiss universities. It's useless if you will come back and be stuck in Nigeria. I rather go to a low ranked school in a country that I can get permanent residency and citizenship in a short time than a high ranked school in a country that will kick me out in six months. Mind you during the six months job hunting period you are only allowed to work 15 hours a week. Switzerland is a no go area except you are from a very wealthy and connected family lol. For someone who struggled and saved their fees better to go somewhere else so you can get the return on investment if not in money at least in another citizenship.

Even in tech where there's abundance of jobs it's not easy getting a job in that six months. Go to reddit and Quora and see people's stories. The only way you can be sure of moving to Switzerland is to marry a swiss woman. That's the only sure way. Every other way success rate is less than 2 percent. Also, only 8000 work visas are given out yearly.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by nymphomaniac(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Hahahaha ��� no try am o even for native Europeans getting a job in Switzerland isn't easy. My German colleague tried to and gave up and went back to Germany. The law is swiss first. After the swiss are the EU citizens after the EU citizens are the EEA so the Nordic countries like Norway et al. After them it's EU allies. Countries like Japan, Korea, USA and all. After them before Africans are considered. Hmm and in six months. Interview process for multinationals can even span that six months and they will need to tell the swiss government they couldn't find a swiss, eu, EEA or EU allied nation citizen before you an African hmmm. Forget the ranking of swiss universities. It's useless if you will come back and be stuck in Nigeria. I rather go to a low ranked school in a country that I can get permanent residency and citizenship in a short time than a high ranked school in a country that will kick me out in six months. Mind you during the six months job hunting period you are only allowed to work 15 hours a week. Switzerland is a no go area except you are from a very wealthy and connected family lol. For someone who struggled and saved their fees better to go somewhere else so you can get the return on investment if not in money at least in another citizenship.

Even in tech where there's abundance of jobs it's not easy getting a job in that six months. Go to reddit and Quora and see people's stories. The only way you can be sure of moving to Switzerland is to marry a swiss woman. That's the only sure way. Every other way success rate is less than 2 percent. Also, only 8000 work visas are given out yearly.
Swiss women here we come. Let’s have another David Alaba grin cheesy
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
DrLevi:

Australia is tuition-free?
Switzerland
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

grin grin Yeah, but their IT sector is full of opportunities. If I was not in IT, I won't dream of it
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
grin grin Yeah, but their IT sector is full of opportunities. If I was not in IT, I won't dream of it

Even in IT it's a big gamble. I can't advise anyone to go to Switzerland. The risk is too much. On Reddit programmers who even graduated from eth Zurich with up to ten years of experience couldn't get jobs and had to go back home. This are people from places like Korea and Japan o. How much more a Nigerian. Better to find a better country. Getting a swiss permanent residency or citizenship is also very difficult. If you ever lose your job or fall out of status. You have around 4 weeks to find a new employer that can sponsor or you are back to your country.

For non EU citizens it's ten years to get a swiss permanent resident. Even UK no wicked reach like that.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Even in IT it's a big gamble. I can't advise anyone to go to Switzerland. The risk is too much. On Reddit programmers who even graduated from eth Zurich with up to ten years of experience couldn't get jobs and had to go back home. This are people from places like Korea and Japan o. How much more a Nigerian. Better to find a better country. Getting a swiss permanent residency or citizenship is also very difficult. If you ever lose your job or fall out of status. You have around 4 weeks to find a new employer that can sponsor or you are back to your country.

For non EU citizens it's ten years to get a swiss permanent resident. Even UK no wicked reach like that. That's permanent resident o you never even talk of citizenship sef
With the residence permit, you can enter the EU region like Germany, Sweden, Holland Norway and the likes to see job within that time frame. That's because Switzerland is part of the EEA area.

Getting MSC to Germany without first-class now is hell. So if you have the money, that option is the best to get to Europe.

For me, it's Europe ---> Canada/Australia---->USA.

With Canadaian or Australian Citizenship, getting a HI-B visa is easy
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by nymphomaniac(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
What’s with racism in those Nordic countries sef. Small Norway wan Dey drive Nigerians that want to help their GDP
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
With the residence permit, you can enter the EU region like Germany, Sweden, Holland Norway and the likes to see job within that time frame. That's because Switzerland is part of the EEA area.

Getting MSC to Germany without first-class now is hell. So if you have the money, that option is the best to get to Europe.

Even with first class getting a German student visa is very hard if you graduated before 2020. The Koko is getting a job and staying long enough to get that permanent residency sef. That six months is too short. A lot of tech companies recruitment period can span that period and if you are even doing leetcode from scratch I don't think one can solve enough questions to be able to crack any interview in that time frame also the pressure to find a job or be deported to Nigeria under a tinubu presidency. Person fit run mad grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Even with first class getting a German student visa is very hard if you graduated before 2020. The Koko is getting a job and staying long enough to get that permanent residency sef. That six months is too short. A lot of tech companies recruitment period can span that period and if you are even doing leetcode from scratch I don't think one can solve enough questions to be able to crack any interview in that time frame also the pressure to find a job or be deported to Nigeria under a tinubu presidency. Person fit run mad grin grin.
grin grin The deportation aspect got me cracking real hard cheesy.
Gods willing Tinubu won't clock his first 365 days with me here.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
grin grin The deportation aspect got me cracking real hard cheesy.
Gods willing Tinubu won't clock his first 365 days with me here.

I sent a DM check
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I sent a DM check
Checked. ; smiley
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Gerrard59(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:

This is the stress Indians have to face by opting for Canada's express entry to fast track their route towards becoming citizens after taking huge loans to study in the US where they could not get a Green Card. Tensa20 has typed most of what I should type, but to add, it takes a minimum of 10 years to become a permanent resident in Swizterland for an African. This means if one finishes school by 30 and finds a job (re-read the rules in employing a non-EU citizen by Swiss firms), he would become a permanent resident by the age of say 40-42. Meanwhile, his friends in Canada and Australia would have become citizens.

Except on a scholarship, I would not encourage someone who comes from an average family to opt for the alpine country. Moreover, it is too expensive. The country makes it hard for native Europeans aka oyibos, who are not Swiss, to get jobs and restricts the number of work visa transfers companies based in the country can issue to less than 5K annually. It is why many companies prefer to transfer experienced staff to their Swiss offices, not greenhorns or those with less than five years of experience. The costs must be commensurate. Imagine where the number of work visas is limited to just 5, 000 per year, and you have to prove to the government that you could not see a Swiss, Norwegian, EU citizen and British (they will be prioritised before a black African) for a role before employing a foreigner.

That is Swizterland for you. Which developed country caps the number of work visas transfer issued per year?

Only Switzerland!

https://www.upgradabroad.com/articles/how-to-get-pr-in-switzerland/

For instance, my friend who left for Canada before Corona is now a permanent resident and should become a citizen by next year. She got three years of post-school visa to look for a job. In Switzerland, it is six months! For someone who doesn't know Swiss German and studied business management, how the person wan take get work? Also, remember the Swiss before foreigners law. I can understand the reason many choose Canada (quick route to citizenship), the US (the plethora of scholarships and biggest economy), and the UK (two years PSV after a master's), but not Swizterland, please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Lastbornbuns: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:

With Canadian citizenship, you might not need H1B visa. You could go for the TN visa which is just for nationals of Canada and Mexico to work in the USA for up to 3 years at a time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Visa Application Centres In Abuja, Lagos Remain Open – Canadian High Commission / Why Nairobi May Be Better Than Abuja Or Jo'burg / See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.