Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route (10183 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

With Canadian citizenship, you might not need H1B visa. You could go for the TN visa which is just for nationals of Canada and Mexico to work in the USA for up to 3 years at a time
Yeah. But am thinking from the perspective of working visas which most firms will take those firm those nations easily.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Gerrard59:

This is the stress Indians have to face by opting for Canada's express entry to fast track their route towards becoming citizens after taking huge loans to study in the US where they could not get a Green Card. Tensa20 has typed most of what I should type, but to add, it takes a minimum of 10 years to become a permanent resident in Swizterland for an African. This means if one finishes school by 30 and finds a job (re-read the rules in employing a non-EU citizen by Swiss firms), he would become a permanent resident by the age of say 40-42. Meanwhile, his friends in Canada and Australia would have become citizens.

Except on a scholarship, I would not encourage someone who comes from an average family to opt for the alpine country. Moreover, it is too expensive. The country makes it hard for native Europeans aka oyibos, who are not Swiss, to get jobs and restricts the number of work visa transfers companies based in the country can issue to less than 5K annually. It is why many companies prefer to transfer experienced staff to their Swiss offices, not greenhorns or those with less than five years of experience. The costs must be commensurate. Imagine where the number of work visas is limited to just 5, 000 per year, and you have to prove to the government that you could not see a Swiss, Norwegian, EU citizen and British (they will be prioritised before a black African) for a role before employing a foreigner.

That is Swizterland for you. Which developed country caps the number of work visas transfer issued per year?

Only Switzerland!

https://www.upgradabroad.com/articles/how-to-get-pr-in-switzerland/

For instance, my friend who left for Canada before Corona is now a permanent resident and should become a citizen by next year. She got three years of post-school visa to look for a job. In Switzerland, it is six months! For someone who doesn't know Swiss German and studied business management, how the person want to take get work? Also, remember the Swiss before foreigners law. I can understand the reason many choose Canada (quick route to citizenship), the US (the plethora of scholarships and biggest economy), and the UK (two years PSV after a master's), but not Swizterland, please.
Rightly said. But am biased from an IT point of view, and leveraging on the EU and EEA privileges.

Since nations like Germany have become hard to enter from Nigeria due to competition, the slack point is to re-route to any of the privilege zones.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Even with first class getting a German student visa is very hard if you graduated before 2020. The Koko is getting a job and staying long enough to get that permanent residency sef. That six months is too short. A lot of tech companies recruitment period can span that period and if you are even doing leetcode from scratch I don't think one can solve enough questions to be able to crack any interview in that time frame also the pressure to find a job or be deported to Nigeria under a tinubu presidency. Person fit run mad grin grin.
Fresh updates ��

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
Fresh updates ��

This one is useless for me na. It will cost like 30 million for a Canadian masters grin grin
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by nymphomaniac(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This one is useless for me na. It will cost like 30 million for a Canadian masters grin grin
it’s not that much. At least 8m though.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
grin cheesy
tensazangetsu20:

Guy why na cheesy...At least give the millionaires hope grin...Its amazing the labor shortage in Canada. While more than 50% of Nigerian Graduates are jobless

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
grin cheesy Guy why na cheesy...At least give the millionaire hope grin...Its amazing the labor shortage in Canada. While more than 50% of Nigerian Graduates are jobless
50 percent ke. At least 80 percent to me o. Africa should be completely handed back to the Europeans to rule. We are joking in this continent. I can say this anywhere. The black man wasn't built for leadership. People can call it inferiority complex or anything I don't care

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Hannania(m): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

50 percent ke. At least 80 percent to me o. Africa should be completely handed back to the Europeans to rule. We are joking in this continent. I can say this anywhere. The black man wasn't built for leadership. People can call it inferiority complex or anything I don't care
Around September, I was asking my boss why all the 50 black African Nations excluding the Arabs have same trait. Does it mean we're all useless like that?

Like all African Nations. Is this a curse?
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hannania:
Around September, I was asking my boss why all the 50 black African Nations excluding the Arabs have same trait. Does it mean we're all useless like that?

Like all African Nations. Is this a curse?

It is the blacks are cursed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by specialofficer: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It is the blacks are cursed.
Good day sir, I'm someone that failed in life, anything I do or try to do don't usually work out for me, I've written utme 5 times and got admitted 5 times, I was in 300l at unn, I dropped out to go join military but I was dismissed this year, now I used the last money I had to get a laptop, my family has forsaken me, I don't have friends or any helper, everybody sees me as a failure.

Sir I started learning web design, I'm done with html but now my problem now is css, I don't have anything to get the Maximillian Schwarz CSS the complete guide course , I'm dead broke, I'll really appreciate if you can get it for me, thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
specialofficer:
Good day sir, I'm someone that failed in life, anything I do or try to do don't usually work out for me, I've written utme 5 times and got admitted 5 times, I was in 300l at unn, I dropped out to go join military but I was dismissed this year, now I used the last money I had to get a laptop, my family has forsaken me, I don't have friends or any helper, everybody sees me as a failure.

Sir I started learning web design, I'm done with html but now my problem now is css, I don't have anything to get the Maximillian Schwarz CSS the complete guide course , I'm dead broke, I'll really appreciate if you can get it for me, thanks and God bless

You can download it here for free

https://tutsgalaxy.net/css-the-complete-guide-2022-incl-flexbox-grid-sass-3/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by specialofficer: 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Thanks sir, I really appreciate
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
HRprof:

your life is not even secure anywhere even abroad. if you think japa is the solution to excape kidnapping then you are more ignorant than i thought . okay after running away from kidnapper ensure you represent Nigeria well over there. i am tired of digraceful story we hear Nigerians commit abroad.

See, if you have no idea about a subject, it is better you keep your silence.
Kidnapping ? Na wa for you o!

Aside from the gun violence in the USA, and some racial slurs, can you break down how many death attempts at immigrants lives in the UK, Canada & Australia?
Medical attention, driving safety ( less road accidents), arm robbery attacks ( ratio it with what you experience in Nigeria) and general human welfare.
Please back up your claim with facts.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

See, if you have no idea about a subject, it is better you keep your silence.
Kidnapping ? Na wa for you o!

Aside from the gun violence in the USA, and some racial slurs, can you break down how many death attempts at immigrants lives in the UK, Canada & Australia?
Medical attention, driving safety ( less road accidents), arm robbery attacks ( ratio it with what you experience in Nigeria) and general human welfare.
Please back up your claim with facts.
Unfortunately you don't listen to foreign news to know what have been happening in western world. In Nigeria, everyone is a news broadcaster both fake and real news especially when is bad News. Anyways , At least you know about gun violence in US and you think you can not fall victim or better than those who did. If you want to Japa kindly do that with sense and stop using insecurity as excuse las las na money you dey find go there. wink for your mind abroad na heaven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
HRprof:

Unfortunately you don't listen to foreign news to know what have been happening in western world. In Nigeria, everyone is a news broadcaster both fake and real news especially when is bad News. Anyways , At least you know about gun violence in US and you think you can not fall victim or better than those who did. If you want to Japa kindly do that with sense and stop using insecurity as excuse las las na money you dey find go there. wink for your mind abroad na heaven

This is just a baseless argument. Man-made death in Nigeria is more than what you have in the USA, even with all the noise in the mainstream media.
Life is tough for the majority here, and everyone works around with their eyes at the back.
Travel to these countries, and experience what life is, and tell me if you won't change your mind.
I am done engaging you!
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

This is just a baseless argument. Man-made death in Nigeria is more than what you have in the USA, even with all the noise in the mainstream media.
Life is tough for the majority here, and everyone works around with their eyes at the back.
Travel to these countries, and experience what life is, and tell me if you won't change your mind.
I am done engaging you!
you asked for facts. He gave you hard facts. You come dey vex. Eyin eyan yi, e funny gan ooo..lol
HRprof:

the guy see the fact vex ni sha..lol

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by specialofficer: 1:26am On Oct 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

good day sir, was waiting for nightplan to download it, I saw the link but I wasn't able to click it, then below I saw download tutorial, I clicked it but it didn't show me where to start downloading, I'm really sorry for the disturbance sir
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 6:29am On Oct 08, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

I am done engaging you!

You sound like someone who never traveled outside Nigeria before. I’m not a fan of Japa gang I have lot of travel experience mostly in Europe and I can tell you they have their pro and con too. Let me not waste my time with you here

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 6:36am On Oct 08, 2022
Treadway:
you asked for facts. He gave you hard facts. You come dey vex. Eyin eyan yi, e funny gan ooo..lolthe guy see the fact vex ni sha..lol
All these Japa gang don’t want to hear the truth.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2022
Treadway:
you asked for facts. He gave you hard facts. You come dey vex. Eyin eyan yi, e funny gan ooo..lolthe guy see the fact vex ni sha..lol

What fact?
Homeless people?

You two are nothing but a sick joke.

I started off with insecurity & lack of quality medical facilities, which is the ripple effect of why high- end people are migrating in droves despite having a decent job.

He came here and blabbed that insecurity is everywhere, which I agreed to, but cannot be compared to what we experience in Nigeria.

Then, he said the kidnappers know their target, and I told him how ignorant his assumption was.

Then, he kept rabbling like a rabbit pegging a hole, and you called it fact.

Nigga please, you need to go back to our conversation to grasp what we argued about.
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Dirtyyansh: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2022
HRprof:

You sound like someone who never traveled outside Nigeria before. I’m not a fan of Japa gang I have lot of travel experience mostly in Europe and I can tell you they have their pro and con too. Let me not waste my time with you here

Quite funny! This is a faceless forum, so let us keep it at that.

You are not a fan of japa, then stop forcing your believe onto people who deemed it fit to travel
If abroad does not favour you, fine, there are many people doing extremely well because of their migration abroad.
Keep those silly thoughts to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by justwise(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2022
pocohantas:
Lol. All this money to go do care jobs and barely see one another? I am very pro-japa, but this whole UK thing is beginning to look like an organised scam.

Damm!! i read posts here and keep shaking my head at the level careless comment here.

So its only care job are available to people relocating to the UK? Even in that care job do you know how many jobs that are available within that sector? People don't see one another?

Some of the things people living abroad tell those in Nigeria is just away to avoid financial demand or other favours because if you paint a rosy picture the begging plate is out.

Definitely not everyone relocating will succeed because of poor planning and over expectation.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2022
justwise:

Damm!! i read posts here and keep shaking my head at the level careless comment here.

So its only care job are available to people relocating to the UK? Even in that care job do you know how many jobs that are available within that sector? People don't see one another?

Some of the things people living abroad tell those in Nigeria is just away to avoid financial demand or other favours because if you paint a rosy picture the begging plate is out.

Definitely not everyone relocating will succeed because of poor planning and over expectation.
not a careless comment. She has friends who have left for the UK...as do I. Aside two, that got jobs from here, one as a Nurse and the other a radiologist, everyone else I know who has left for the UK on this study visa as dependant in over a year now are either working at the cash register, doing security, bagging products at a factory or doing care job (you said many sectors, well they are not in management, they are actual caregivers, trained to help out, administer drugs etc). Her own na 80%, mine na cool 99%. They keep encouraging me, and I keep hesitating cos I just can't do that. And yes, they also hardly see or have time for one another..as one person dey close for one shift, the other dey resume him/her own. Majority of ppl are leaving, and they still communicate with us back home, so it isn't hard at all to see the patterns and know what's what. Everything Poco said is consistent with what my contacts there are experiencing to a T. And I'm talking about over 200 people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 9:13am On Oct 08, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Quite funny! This is a faceless forum, so let us keep it at that.

You are not a fan of japa, then stop forcing your believe onto people who deemed it fit to travel
If abroad does not favour you, fine, there are many people doing extremely well because of their migration abroad.
Keep those silly thoughts to yourself.
I laugh at the bolded wink abroad don’t Favour me but I travel abroad on holiday every year. I’m not discouraging anyone not to Japa but majority of Japa don’t have plan or skill needed to survive abroad and don’t want to take advise but go ahead to disgrace Nigeria abroad very soon even African countries will ban Nigerians from entry their country.
I repeat you have not travel to western world before that why you can not comprehend what I’m saying.
All you want to hear is that abroad is heaven sorry is an illusion to think so. Have a nice day smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by justwise(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2022
Treadway:
not a careless comment. She has friends who have left for the UK...as do I. Aside two, that got jobs from here, one as a Nurse and the other a radiologist, everyone else I know who has left for the UK on this study visa as dependant in over a year now are either working at the cash register, bagging products at a factory or doing care job. Her own na 80%, mine na cool 99%. They keep encouraging me, and I keep hesitating cos I just can't do that. And yes, they also hardly see or have time for one another..as one person dey close for one shift, the other dey resume him/her own. Majority of ppl are leaving, and they still communicate with us back home, so it isn't hard at all to see the patterns and know what's what. Everything Poco said is consistent with what my contacts there are expert to a T. And I'm talking about over 200 people.

You have contacts of over 200 people who left Nigeria in the last 1yr and they are all struggling? Let me ignore my thought about that claim and ask you this? Do you know how many years it takes an average immigrant to settle in the UK?

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2022
HRprof:

I laugh at the bolded wink abroad don’t Favour me but I travel abroad on holiday every year. I’m not discouraging anyone not to Japa but majority of Japa don’t have plan or skill needed to survive abroad and don’t want to take advise but go ahead to disgrace Nigeria abroad very soon even African countries will ban Nigerians from entry their country.
I repeat you have not travel to western world before that why you can not comprehend what I’m saying.
All you want to hear is that abroad is heaven sorry is an illusion to think so. Have a nice day smiley
almost my entire undergrad class and MBA class contacts don dey UK with more billed to move..99% obviously with the study visa. I want make everybody wey wan go sef go, more opportunities will be available to those here that need them. The japa japa noise is what I'm sick of hearing. Everywhere you look to/turn to nowadays all you hear is japa oo. Lol. Na real wa! Lol

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

You have contacts of over 200 people who left Nigeria in the last 1yr and they are all struggling? Let me ignore my thought about that claim and ask you this? Do you know how many years it takes an average immigrant to settle in the UK?
to your first question, I won't call it struggle, I would say that is their current reality, and it is something I wouldn't want to be my reality. To your second question, don't know, don't care. Why should I? I'm in Nigeria, 'innit'?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by justwise(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2022
Treadway:
to your first question, I won't call it struggle, I would say that is their current reality, and it is something I wouldn't want to be my reality. To your second question, don't know, don't care. Why should I? I'm in Nigeria, 'innit'?

Exactly why i called it careless comment because nobody cares about facts anymore. Just random online post.

I do hope that those planning to relocate will do the dd and not base their decision on these careless comments here

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2022
justwise:

[/b]
Exactly why i called it careless comment because nobody cares about facts anymore. Just random online post.

I do hope that those planning to relocate will do the dd and not base their decision on these careless comments here
yen yen yen, everyone else makes claims, only you speak facts. Over 200 that followed your kin advice, that is their reality. Many that will follow it will still find it to be the reality. If you ain't a nurse or top tier in tech or finance and you're heading or have headed to the UK on study visa hustle, come back and shame this post, with a job tag other than care worker, security, or sales boy/girl. Cheers

What Pocohantas said as related to the bolded is true to a T, as seen in my circle too.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2022
Treadway:
almost my entire undergrad class and MBA class contacts don dey UK with more billed to move..99% obviously with the study visa. I want make everybody wey wan go sef go, more opportunities will be available to those here that need them. The japa japa noise is what I'm sick of hearing. Everywhere you look to/turn to nowadays all you hear is japa oo. Lol. Na real wa! Lol

No be small thing ! Could you imagine yesterday I visited immigration office to renew my passport, meet with some guys who came to pick their passport talking about how they plan to Japa that called my attention to come into their discussion because they were seating close to me. I ask them what plan do you people have if you get there, not to my surprise to hear them say they don’t have any plan just to travel and hustle there. I have to enlighten them advise they have a tangible plan or acquire demanding skill before leaving otherwise na double Nigeria go happen to them abroad. I give them instances, In fact they start see me as their mentor from that moment.

Truth is that many Japa gang don’t know what they are going to do abroad but join the bandwagon of I WAN JAPA that’s why Nigeria have more criminal cases abroad than any other country.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Treadway: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2022
If I may make a suggestion, Justwise can really help with this as it would ACTUALLY impact the lives of many Nairalanders, as in actual impact not fugazi. Can there be a way japarians are encouraged to share hints to openings that can be filled when they are leaving. Eg. Head of Audit position vacant, send email/CV to so so and so. Wish you luck.

Do you know how many Nairalanders will be blessed by posts like that? Of course within reason and with privacy like I explained in the example. Should be a pinned post for maximum visibility, and to encourage japarians to drop updates in good time. Cheers

Seun

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by justwise(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2022
Treadway:
yen yen yen, everyone else makes claims, only you speak facts. Over 200 that followed your kin advice, that is their reality. Many that will follow it will still find it to be the reality. If you ain't a nurse or top tier in tech or finance and you're heading or have headed to the UK on study visa hustle, come back and shame this post, with a job tag other than care worker, or sales boy/girl. Cheers

What Pocohantas said as related to the bolded is true to a T, as seen in my circle too.

I don't know where you get the 200 people figure from..i guess one of those made-up figures just to make a point.

Your post is full of falsehoods and lack of understanding of how things work when it comes to relocating to any country not just the UK.

Whether you are a nurse of 5-6 tier in tech you are likely to struggling for some years before finding your feet, it will even get harder when you are a student, but things will definitely change if you don't listen to fear mongers like you.

Very few people land abroad and kick start things withing a year, many will do jobs outside their skill set until they get what they want.

Some of these delays are immigration status related while some are lack of in-country experiences.

Like i said before ..i read posts here and smh

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Visa Application Centres In Abuja, Lagos Remain Open – Canadian High Commission / Why Nairobi May Be Better Than Abuja Or Jo'burg / Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.