Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route (10105 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by ednut1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2022

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by ednut1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
More

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by ednut1(m): 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2022
The rest are too large to upload

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
Men I just hope the home office doesn't change the Post study work stuff. A lot of people will be stranded if it happens and Tinubu is coming in next year which will mean accelerated hardship cry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lol. All this money to go do care jobs and barely see one another? I am very pro-japa, but this whole UK thing is beginning to look like an organised scam.

Edit: I don’t have anything against care jobs. There is dignity in labour after all. But I have everything against spending millions to get an MSc, only to abandon the MSc and my years of experience/professional skills to do care/social work. If it is part of your grand plan from the onset, good luck to you. wink

The resources/amenities in the UK are currently overstretched due to the high influx of immigrants.

This is not the first japa wave, but in this modern one, people would even sell their properties to run away. Women pressuring their over 40yrs old husbands to sell everything and relocate. Omo, make una take am easy. Leave something back home to fall back on.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
pocohantas:
Lol. All this money to go do care jobs and barely see one another? I am very pro-japa, but this whole UK thing is beginning to look like organised scam.

Aside for those in tech and healthcare the thing dey one kind. A friend of mine had a good business in Nigeria he sold it to do go and do masters in advertising in the uk. I don't think there's really good job prospects for that. I am pro japa but the UK no be am. High taxes, low salaries. Excluded from other countries on an island. You can't even travel to other countries to chill or work while on holidays.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Lobolintin(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Booked
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Aside for those in tech and healthcare the thing dey one kind. A friend of mine had a good business in Nigeria he sold it to do go and do masters in advertising in the uk. I don't think there's really good job prospects for that. I am pro japa but the UK no be am. High taxes, low salaries. Excluded from other countries on an island. You can't even travel to other countries to chill or work while on holidays.

I was quite shocked when I saw their salaries. The firm I work remotely for is British, so it makes sense to earn and spend in Naira. But for me to enter plane and go there to collect that? Impossible. I have one friend in tech, he is probably the only truthful Nigerian in the UK. He says it as it is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
pocohantas:

I was quite shocked when I saw their salaries. The firm I work remotely for is British, so it makes sense to earn and spend in Naira. But for me to enter plane and go there to collect that? Impossible. I have one friend in tech, he is probably the only truthful Nigerian in the UK. He says it as it is.

Even other Europeans are shocked at british salaries. My boss is an Australian with British ancestry. His father is british. He has never gone to britain ever. Says the salaries and living standards are poorer than what hes used to in Australia.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Even other Europeans are shocked at british salaries. My boss is an Australian with British ancestry. His father is british. He has never gone to britain ever. Says the salaries and living standards are poorer than what hes used to in Australia.

I just hope many of them know what they are getting into. Some are already crying on all social media platforms. They would be comfortable at best. Make them no overthink am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by aieromon(m): 11:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
pocohantas:
Lol. All this money to go do care jobs and barely see one another? I am very pro-japa, but this whole UK thing is beginning to look like organised scam.

Sssshhhhhh
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by aieromon(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Poor work rates for Pharmacists and Doctors when compared to the US, Canada and Australia.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by SeaTrade(m): 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
pocohantas:
My love that year.
If you try this japa nonsense ,the way you go suffer ehn grin
I just dey picture you crying in my head.
Where did we go wrong?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by aieromon(m): 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
ednut1:

As seen on LinkedIn

Thanks for sharing.

By the way, it appears the YouTube channel bug has jumped from Canada to the UK. Everybody seems to be launching a relocation vlog as soon as they touch down.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by DesireFarms(m): 12:20am On Oct 06, 2022
The calculation no even complete sef. Deposit of school fees and enrolment fee ,ihs for 4 applicant .TB test ,flight money e.t.c. [
quote author=ednut1 post=117301618]The rest are too large to upload [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's worth it honestly. Their kids will have a better life. Even If you have to sell your kidneys or let another man sleep with your wife and daughter to raise money to japa, please do it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:27am On Oct 06, 2022
SharpID:

It's worth it honestly. Their kids will have a better life. Even If you have to sell your kidneys or let another man sleep with your wife and daughter to raise money to japa, please do it

Definitely I am in favour of japaing to secure one kids future

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by ednut1(m): 1:11am On Oct 06, 2022
DesireFarms:
The calculation no even complete sef. Deposit of school fees and enrolment fee ,ihs for 4 applicant .TB test ,flight money e.t.c. [
quote author=ednut1 post=117301618]The rest are too large to upload

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by haybhi1(m): 2:07am On Oct 06, 2022
If you're migrating to Canada, US, Australia, Germany (given you have language barrier sorted yet), then you can be rest assured you're making a fair financial decision.

The same can hardly be said of Great Britain, but we have been hearing of fair financial conditions among migrants in the geographically excised Ireland Rep.

A few other nations cut it too. They are not this expensive to migrate to and they will still prove a nice decision along the line.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by haybhi1(m): 2:08am On Oct 06, 2022
If you're migrating to Canada, US, Australia, Germany (given you have language barrier sorted yet), then you can be rest assured you're making a fair financial decision.

The same can hardly be said of Great Britain, but we have been hearing of a fair financial conditions among migrants in the geographically excised Ireland Rep.

A few other nations cut it too. They are not this expensive to migrate to and they will still prove a nice decision along the line.

It's about best to make overseas currencies while in Nigeria, leveraging against our poor currency value.

8 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Yankee101: 4:59am On Oct 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Men I just hope the home office doesn't change the Post study work stuff. A lot of people will be stranded if it happens and Tinubu is coming in next year which will mean accelerated hardship cry

Is the new govt trying to change it?
Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by SocialJustice: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:
The health job you dey look down on pays £9-£20 hourly and you can clock 8-12 hours daily. And who told you they don't see one another? If you're not interested just relax, stop saying what you don't know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 6:54am On Oct 06, 2022
SocialJustice:
The health job you dey look down on pays £9-£20 hourly and you can clock 8-12 hours daily. And who told you they don't see one another? If you're not interested just relax, stop saying what you don't know.

£9-20 before TAXES. Maybe before I was clueless on the workings, but not in October,2022.

You can only bamboozle other Nigerians that are quick to press calculator when they hear “£10/hr”, forgetting they won’t be spending this money in Naira.

I have friends and colleagues that have relocated. 90% of them work two jobs to keep afloat. 80% of them abandoned their professional skills to do care and social jobs.

I would take two bullets to my head before abandoning years of experience in audit, maybe an ICAN certificate to go do care job. Something I have seen way too many Nigerians do in the UK. Especially after paying a huge sum for Masters. It is not because I have anything against care jobs, but because it is an AFRONT to my sensibility.

Yes, I am not INTERESTED!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2022
SharpID:

May you receive brain in Jesus name.
May your lost sense regain back IJN

People like you dey abroad dey disgrace Nigeria with drug and fraudulent activities because what they expect abroad and the reality no be the same.

Your village too strong chaiiiii smiley wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by SocialJustice: 7:03am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

£9-20 before TAXES. Dude, I work for a British firm. Maybe before I was clueless on the workings, but not in October,2022.

You can only bamboozle other Nigerians that are quick to press calculator when they hear “£10/hr”, forgetting they won’t be spending this money in Naira.

I have friends and colleagues that have relocated. 90% of them work two jobs to keep afloat. 80% of them abandoned their professional skills to do care and social jobs.

I would take two bullets to my head before abandoning years of experience in audit, maybe an ICAN certificate to go do care job. Something I have seen way too many Nigerians do in the UK. Especially after paying a huge sum for Masters. It is not because I have anything against care jobs, it is because it is an AFRONT to my sensibility.

Yes, I am not INTERESTED!
Stick to your audit job, allow jobless and under employed people who are able to escape Nigeria earn. It is only a starting point and so much income growth can be made from there.

People who are earning 120k a month for jobs that give them time for nothing else can quickly move to earning over 3m monthly. How much is tax? Let's say 50% and split income to 1.5m. It might not make sense to you but it does to a lot of people.

Life is a matter of wisely exploiting your options.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 7:07am On Oct 06, 2022
SocialJustice:
Stick to your audit job, allow jobless and under employed people who can escape Nigeria to earn. It is only a starting point and so much income growth can be made from there.

People who are earning 120k a month for jobs that give them time for nothing else can quickly move to earn over 3m monthly. How much is the tax? Let's say 50% and split income to 1.5m. It might not make sense to you but it does to a lot of people.

Life is a matter of wisely exploiting your options.

I never said I am an auditor, it seems comprehension isn’t your strength.

People that earn 120k are not the ones traveling or raising 19m cash to relocate. If they are the ones, then they can as well keep performing that magic. Flipping the cash until it gets to a billion while here in Nigeria.

After the tax and expenses, what is left? grin grin 3m a month indeed. It is figures like this that leaves Nigerians depressed when they get there and see say no be so.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by HRprof: 7:08am On Oct 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Definitely I am in favour of japaing to secure one kids future
But the sad truth is that your kid future is not located in abroad . Let's stop this kid future nonsense, do you think oyibo people care about you and your kids Those Nigerian kids making us proud in Nigeria are their future not secure .
Those kids that shot school children in US are their future secure.
Your mental health is more important now than the kids you are yet to give birth to. The suffer that await you abroad is forming muscles because most of you guys who are Japa syndrome does not have any plan or skill to get better living .

11 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Mirasteel: 7:22am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:
Must you all japa to UK? the last time I checked their are good European countries that you can travel without spending much, I don't even like UK, I will prefer Germany, Luxembourg, Denmark and Norway.

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2022
Mirasteel:
Must you all japa to UK? the last time I checked their are good European countries that you can travel without spending much, I don't even like UK, I will prefer Germany, Luxembourg, Denmark and Norway.

I don’t know who are the you all. It is good you don’t like UK. Go to where you like. wink

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:25am On Oct 06, 2022
HRprof:

But the sad truth is that your kid future is not located in abroad . Let's stop this kid future nonsense, do you think oyibo people care about you and your kids Those Nigerian kids making us proud in Nigeria are their future not secure .
Those kids that shot school children in US are their future secure.
Your mental health is more important now than the kids you are yet to give birth to. The suffer that await you abroad is forming muscles because most of you guys who are Japa syndrome does not have any plan or skill to get better living .

LoL there's no future for an African child. Stop being naive. Students have been at home for close to a year and no one in government cares. A bulk of this students will be unemployed when they leave school cause they are no jobs so where's the future for a Nigerian child. It's best to migrate when single sha. Once you get married and pump out kids it's very difficult and financially consuming.

11 Likes

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by SocialJustice: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2022
pocohantas:

I never said I am an auditor, it seems comprehension isn’t your strength.

People that earn 120k are not the ones traveling or raising 19m cash to relocate. If they are the ones, then they can as well keep performing that magic. Flipping the cash until it gets to a billion while here in Nigeria.

3m a month indeed. grin grin
I assumed you were referring to yourself.

My point hasn't changed though, stick to what you like let others find their way.

Relocating isn't just about job opportunities even if it is for many, people just want to have a decent life in a sane country.

Convert £20/hr, see what you get. Even if a person is not able to get a direct health job for £20/hr, 2 jobs should bring them close.

This is only the beginning of getting there. A life one has to endure for 2-3 years and they are on their way to much better income.

There are also other jobs with labour shortage, health care isn't the only available job.

Nobody is aiming to be a billionaire, people just want to earn and live a comfortable life with constant basic amenities.

If you believe UK won't work out for you, it won't. Those with hope should try and advance their lives.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by pocohantas(f): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2022
SocialJustice:
I assumed you were referring to yourself.

My point hasn't changed though, stick to what you like let others find their way.

Relocating isn't just about job opportunities even if it is for many, people just want to have a decent life in a sane country.

Convert £20/hr, see what you get. Even if a person is not able to get a direct health job for £20/hr, 2 jobs should bring them close.

My comment was actually about what I like. So, I wouldn't understand why you are repeating after me. Bye!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hotel Requests And Reviews Directory / Naturalized US Citizens: Do You Get Treated/respected As A Native Born Citizen? / COVID-19 Business Booms: Inbound Travellers Bribe Officials To Evade Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.