Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route (10173 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Santa2: 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
pocohantas:

No be everything them dey argue. The pattern is there.

Someone I know said he went to the UK once and out of like 10 Nigerians, not up to 2 were doing something they could say with their full chest. The problem is, when you point this out, they start fighting themselves (not me). They think it is an attack on them, rather than an attack on the British system.

This is not going to happen and they know it.

@pocohantas @treadway like someone said earlier for every 10 people that land abroad are doing doing care/warehouse, there is an equal 10 that are doing good jobs and jobs in fields they enjoy. The first thing I tell anybody coming it have a strategy and be possibly ready to skillup if need be. A lot of the people I know are doing jobs earning over 50k(as dependant of students) these people came in with resolve to get jobs in their field, did the work to rebrand their Nigerian experience to similar fields obtainable in the uk and most importantly they aligned themselves with people in the UK with similar belief system as they possess. They were told they cant get such jobs except they do care/warehouse first, they stood their ground. Some of them did remote customer support roles before transitioning but the longest anyone of them stayed before getting a job was 3 months. Inbetween this time they were interviewing and skilling up. Revamping their cv's and practising interview questions. What many do not realize is that getting a job is a fulltime job in itself and you have to approach it with a strategy. Some of them have gotten sponsorship on their jobs. In the same UK where some people are stuck doing care. What i usually say to anyone is, look at what works for you. Research it, and if you want to relocate make sure you have a plan and a strategy and PUT IN THE WORK. I know a lot of Nigerians work in banks so I would use that as an example. If you work in bank as a banking officer, you can use your knowledge of the banks processes to bag a job as business analyst, tie your bank experience to times showing how you had to gather requirements, work with stakeholders etc. If you worked in marketing, you can segue into product marketing, or skillup and add digital marketing as one of your skillset and apply for such roles. There are lot and lots of free resource on youtube(I call it free university). The truth is many nigerians relocate and get good jobs but alot of them dont talk about it(maybe for the fear of getting billed, who knows) but as with everything in life there will be people wont make it. heck same is obtainable in Nigeria. One thing I know is that there a load and load of opportunities here. You can literally be having two interview every single day with different firms (get your cv right), after the several unfortunately responses you will definitely get that congratulatory message.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route by Genesils(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2022
Gbayiii
Santa2:

@pocohantas @treadway like someone said earlier for every 10 people that land abroad are doing doing care/warehouse, there is an equal 10 that are doing good jobs and jobs in fields they enjoy. The first thing I tell anybody coming it have a strategy and be possibly ready to skillup if need be. A lot of the people I know are doing jobs earning over 50k(as dependant of students) these people came in with resolve to get jobs in their field, did the work to rebrand their Nigerian experience to similar fields obtainable in the uk and most importantly they aligned themselves with people in the UK with similar belief system as they possess. They were told they cant get such jobs except they do care/warehouse first, they stood their ground. Some of them did remote customer support roles before transitioning but the longest anyone of them stayed before getting a job was 3 months. Inbetween this time they were interviewing and skilling up. Revamping their cv's and practising interview questions. What many do not realize is that getting a job is a fulltime job in itself and you have to approach it with a strategy. Some of them have gotten sponsorship on their jobs. In the same UK where some people are stuck doing care. What i usually say to anyone is, look at what works for you. Research it, and if you want to relocate make sure you have a plan and a strategy and PUT IN THE WORK. I know a lot of Nigerians work in banks so I would use that as an example. If you work in bank as a banking officer, you can use your knowledge of the banks processes to bag a job as business analyst, tie your bank experience to times showing how you had to gather requirements, work with stakeholders etc. If you worked in marketing, you can segue into product marketing, or skillup and add digital marketing as one of your skillset and apply for such roles. There are lot and lots of free resource on youtube(I call it free university). The truth is many nigerians relocate and get good jobs but alot of them dont talk about it(maybe for the fear of getting billed, who knows) but as with everything in life there will be people wont make it. heck same is obtainable in Nigeria. One thing I know is that there a load and load of opportunities here. You can literally be having two interview every single day with different firms (get your cv right), after the several unfortunately responses you will definitely get that congratulatory message.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Trip To Sweden And Poland / Visa Application Centres In Abuja, Lagos Remain Open – Canadian High Commission / Why Nairobi May Be Better Than Abuja Or Jo'burg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.