Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (30102 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by nakita(f): 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Justspeechless cripple thing you have to know that i am gaining nothing i just to help this pple and direct them to an honest agent instead of applying for themselve and getting refuse
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by Vicjustice: 10:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
midep:

Hi Peeps.
I applied for a UK Tourist visa and to my surprise my application was rejected.

Reason : I am not satisfied that your financial outlay on the proposed visit on the balance of probabilities will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds.

I stated in the visa application that i will be financing myself during my stay in UK, i presently work in one of the best paying Bank in the country, Letter of Introduction, Offer Letter, Statement of account with the sum of 1.03M as the Balance still this people refuse me visa.

Please candid advise should i appeal or Wait for 6 Months and Reapply?
[b]Honestly, (considering the ratio of the Pound Sterling to the Naira,) the N1.3 million in your account is not the most excellent amount to represent the savings of a person who is applying for a 6 months visiting visa to the UK, but nevertheless, you should have been issued the visa on the basis of your monthly salary which isn't bad in Nigerian standard: and the Visa Officer should have taken into account that there's no normal person who would abandon such job in Nigeria and then become an illegal resident in the UK.
Now, i won't encourage you to apply for the visa straight away, you might need to build your savings as this is the issue raised: Do not borrow money for this course because, if you do, they will observe it (as money lodgement) and consider you a desperately dishonest applicant and a threat to immigration, and that may automatically be disqualifying you in future applications. That's not what you want.
Make good savings with traceable history keeping track with your wages and pay-advise, and then apply again in due time.[/b]
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2011
nakita:

@Justspeechless cripple thing you have to know that i am gaining nothing i just to help this pple and direct them to an honest agent instead of applying for themselve and getting refuse

What do we know about u and ur 'honest' agent?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by nakita(f): 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
you don't need to knw anything about me but i am %100 sure the agent i talk of is real and a confirm one and i saw all the visas he had help people i am close with to get
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by nakita(f): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
I could't belive it when i saw the visa myself yesterday and i had to blink my eyes haha and tap myselve several time if i was dreaming or in a real life
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2011
nakita:

you don't need to knw anything about me but i am %100 sure the agent i talk of is real and a confirm one and i saw all the visas he had help people i am close with to get

You are just one of those con artist here, you can't convince me.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
nakita:

I could't belive it when i saw the visa myself yesterday and i had to blink my eyes haha and tap myselve several time if i was dreaming or in a real life

You did all that cos you saw a visa? You are just poor at this conning business of urs.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by kolajoo(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact for more inquiry/booking.
skiestravel@pacificwest.com
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by ELDERLAGON: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2011
So sorry about your case.However,I will suggest you do a review of the case before you file another visa application.Please do not be desperate to go to the UK.Even If it takes many months to prosecute your case at the BRITISH High Commission(and your case is found worthy),you will  still be granted an entry clearance to enter the UK.Your case is similar to my brother's.He made a visa application without my knowledge,but when he was refused,he got in touch with me.After perusing his visa application form and supporting documents,I found out that there was certain lacuna in his application.Some vital information was not well noted in the visa application form.I told him that,from experience,the Entry Clearance Officer will first of all pay attention to the visa application form before looking at the supporting documents.He only looks at the supporting documents to crosscheck the information provided in the visa application form.In some cases,he would arrive at his decision by looking at the form alone.
I drafted a Letter of Review on his behalf and I brought out all the salient information in the supporting documents but he had hitherto failed to enter in the visa application form.After some months of following up the case,he got a positive response from the British High Commission.
Please note that the ECO is not a magician.He only puts into consideration the information you want him to consider.
And this information,I repeat,must be noted in the visa application form.Even if you submit loads of documents,you may still not get the result.My brother,a Banker and Chattered Accountant of many years experience,failed to provide necessary information in his visa application form and thus was rejected.

If you would not mind,I will try post the letter of review I wrote for him so that you can use it as a guide.

best of luck.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by ELDERLAGON: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2011
Here is the draft of the Letter of REVIEW:

7th March, 2011

The Consular Officer

British Deputy High Commission

Walter Carrington Crescent

Victoria Island

Lagos

Dear Sir

RE: , ABV/, :

LETTER OF ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW OF VISA APPLICATION

We are the representative of , , a Nigeria National, and it is with his consent we are making this application for a proper review of his Visa application. Our client had applied for UK Visit Visa but his application was refused by your commission.

Our client is a Chartered Accountant, and a Banker with good work experience. Our client works for , Bank Plc, one of the 24 commercial banks in Nigeria. He has applied for an entry clearance at the British High Commission in Lagos and the application was refused. In refusing the visa application, the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) had cited Act paragraph 41(vi) and (vii) of HC395.

He, the ECO, adduced that the application of our client could not be approved because the money he would spend during the holiday would be as twice as his monthly salary. And because he had got family to cater for, his reason for the trip might not be genuine after all.

In submitting his visa application, our client has submitted his personal statement of account, letter of introduction from his employee stating his annual salary and his position in , Bank Plc, letter of promotion (issued and showing his remuneration), evidence of landed property, marriage certificate, family photographs, hotel booking among other things.

In defense of our client's visa application, we make the following submission:

Our client is a Banking Executive and by virtue of his position earns N296,553 every month excluding other monetary benefits that accrue to him as shown by his letter of promotion. As an employee of a major commercial bank in Nigeria, he earns an upfront payment of N787,500 from his annual emolument and this payment is made on quarterly basis. Our client had provided necessary documents for the perusal of the High Commission.

He has submitted a statement of account where it was clearly stated that N375,000 and N575,000 (being Leave Allowance and Ticket Allowance respectively) have been deposited into his account by his employer. (Please see the attached)

We are of the firm belief that the ECO did not put this money into consideration before reaching his/her decision concerning our client. This money, surely, was paid by our client's employer (, Bank Plc) and it was meant to take care/augment his trip to the UK. Having regard the money our client claimed that he earned monthly and the Leave & Ticket Allowances, we are of the position that our client had the financial muscle to undertake the trip and without his recourse to public fund when he would get to the United Kingdom.

The ECO, we opine, did not put our client's peculiar case into consideration. He is a brilliant officer in a commercial bank with close to more than a decade banking experience and with high job security, having regard to the fact that he just got a new promotion. He has social and family ties here in Nigeria. He has properties and he is an established man with brilliant career plan and good intention to visit the UK.

We are of the view that he had met all the requirements under the paragraph 41 of the immigration Acts as promulgated by the House of Commons of the UK (the ECO had left out important documents for consideration and relied heavily on his personal thought), therefore our client merited the visa in the first place and the British Commission was supposed to issue him the same.

In view of this, we are appealing to you to use your good office to review his application so that justice and fairness upon which the UK is run can be seen and said to be in practice.

While we are looking forward to hearing from you in the shortest possible time, please do accept the assurances of our highest regards.

Yours faithfully

ExecutivePartner
Pp:HAVANA CONSULT

See below the decision of the BRITISH High Comission:

Visa Services

British High Commission

Visa Section

Dangote House

Aguiyi Ironsi Street

Maitama

Abuja

Nigeria

c/o Havana Consults

Sango Otta, Ogun State.

Tel +234 (9) 462 3200

Tel +234 (9) 462 3300

Fax +234 (9) 413 3278

Web www.ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk

E-mail Abuja.Visa.correspondenceunit@fco.gov.uk

22/6/2011

Ref: 632423

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: VISA APPLICATION ,

Thank you for your letter dated 09/05/2011], which has been passed to me for reply.

You may wish to note that the decision to refuse your client's application for visa was
carefully reviewed and subsequently endorsed by an Entry Clearance Manager. However I
have further reviewed the case papers in light of your correspondence and I am pleased to
tell you that I have recommended that your client's previous refusal decision be overturned.

Your client will be contacted shortly and may be asked to come into our Visa Office. Your
client may also be asked to bring in up to date evidence to support your application. Please
note that although I have recommended that this visa be issued, if your client's
circumstances have significantly changed since his/her application, or should other evidence
or facts come to light, this recommendation is no absolute guarantee that he/she will be
issued with a visa.

Yours sincerely,

Visa Correspondence Unit

Visa Services | International Group | UK Borders Agency

1 Like

Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by Utako: 2:06am On Sep 22, 2011
Never can tell which way these guys would go all the time.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by igbogolo: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
My former colleague was issued a UK visa with just N80,000 in her account. Her salary then was 77,000 a month. She is a petty trader as well. She just told the ECO that she has bought things to sell and has not recouped her money yet. She was given a 6 months visa. That was in 2005 or so.

The same girl applied to the american embassy with N22,000 in her account. The visa officer just looked at her and asked her why her balance was so low. she told him that she just buried the dad and it was very expensive. The visa officer was about to start that their, 'unfortunately at this time, you are not qualified for a US visa yarns', when she asked him how long it takes him to save for an his own vacations. Some americans save for a year to go on vacations! she told him she applied to be issued a visa in 6 months time, in which time she would have saved enough, but she needed to be sure that the visa is issued first before saving ( as against trading). The US officer told her to come back when she is ready to travel with some money in her account, he said anything at all, just add to your account and come back when you are due to travel.

She went back five months later and received her 1 year multiple entry. This was a time when directors and managers of major multinational firms were denied visas like children.

SO, the account thingy is very dicy. its just luck i suppose. and if you apply to the UK for visa on a business trip, then be sure you have funds to be considered as a business person!
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by Mazrah: 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
How can one appeal on a visa refusal from the UK border agency. Actually was due to inadequate verification on their part. The school really has Accreditation but they claimed it doesn't. Any idea? Would welcome any vital information.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mazrah: How can one appeal on a visa refusal from the UK border agency. Actually was due to inadequate verification on their part. The school really has Accreditation but they claimed it doesn't. Any idea? Would welcome any vital information.

What is the name of the school?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2012

(1) (2)

Airlines Told To Avoid Afghanistan Airspace As Emirates Airline Suspends Flights / Charter Airlines Defy Flight Ban, Fly Rich Nigerians Abroad / Family Cheats Death After Their Car Fell Into A Ditch While Dodging Pothole.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.