Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,504 members, 7,854,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions (33077 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Peter Obi: We Won The 2023 Presidential Election / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by erico2k2(m): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
tsdarkside:

you make no sense....
do people earn in dollars in nigeria or nairas....??

You have no sense; people need forex in Nigeria to engage in any type of international trade.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Pakute: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
erico2k2:

if the ordinary man on the road can get access to $ don't you think the burden on the naira will reduce?
You mean if a suya seller and pepper seller have access to dollars, our currency will be as strong as Zimbabwe currency. Abeg, I no fit laugh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
erico2k2:

Well fortunately for me I can BUT You can't

and most nigerian are like you,kwa....??

no be scarcity make dollar price soo high....??
you igbos are soo fixated on the dollar,its like una need it to breath fresh air....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by erico2k2(m): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pakute:

You mean if a suya seller and pepper seller have access to dollars, our currency will be as strong as Zimbabwe currency. Abeg, I no fit laugh.
No it means they can mechanize their investment buy buying superior equipment! or even franchise like Alahaji Suya!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pakute:

its hard to explain simple economics to an igbo....

dollar is not your currency,but you crave it soo much....
should we all be using only dollars now or should we cancel zeros like ghana....??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by erico2k2(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
tsdarkside:

and most nigerian are like you,kwa....??

no be scarcity make dollar price soo high....??
you igbos are soo fixated on the dollar,its like una need it to breath fresh air....
School boy error that like of you make once one does not dive into your school of thought he is IGBO WOw when will you lot get educated we have more than 500 tribes in Nigeria, Lord I despise backward people so I have to be Igbo to see sense in what an Igbo man says?
Make una get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2022
erico2k2:

School boy error that like of you make once one does not dive into your school of thought he is IGBO WOw when will you lot get educated we have more than 500 tribes in Nigeria, Lord I despise backward people so I have to be Igbo to see sense in what an Igbo man says?
Make una get sense.

shattap their....stammerin and writing....you are igbo....
their is a way igbos think....when you know,you know....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by baretalk: 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2022
author=Barryseal post=117331665]
You're too emotive. Where did I mention Buhari? You make it really difficult to engage you. [/quote]
You talked about closing borders, it's Buhari that did that, and yes that was a good measure, Nigeria rice production has really boosted and that saves us billions yearly. When we can produce rice, why import it. I think I have enlightened you enough, just go through my posts slowly and learn.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by erico2k2(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2022
tsdarkside:

should we all be using only dollars now or should we cancel zeros like ghana....??
I get paid in ££ but to do anything out of England I got to xexchange it to $$$$. The reason why yah lot are finding difficult to understand is cos yah never earned $$$.U dnt need $$ for ur domestic consumption rather International trade
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2022
tsdarkside:

shattap their....stammerin and writing....you are igbo....
their is a way igbos think....when you know,you know....
Very Ignorant. This is one of them ones who lives under Mum and Dad at 45 years Old
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Traplord09: 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
Throwback:

What does Olodo GCE know about economics?

Who dose drugstore tinuubff and that of atiku nos about economics...

But rather there jetin in and out of Nigeria like da have a big plan
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Pakute: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
sisisioge:

Very typical of the current incumbent, insultive and dry. Good evening, bro empty making so much noise wink
When it comes to insults and empty noise, Obi supporters take the flowers.
I have been able to enlighten you with some nuggets, sleep on it & wake up a better person, rather than follow a cacophony of bandwagons.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Pakute: 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2022
erico2k2:

No it means they can mechanize their investment buy buying superior equipment! or even franchise like Alahaji Suya!
Why must EVERYTHING be centered around BUYING and not Production. You are hell-bent on killing the economy more than the damage you have already done to it.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by WikiGuru: 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2022
Throwback:

Is it also beyond Anambrarians who could not wait for the disaster called Peter Obi to be eased out of their lives?

But today, Peter Obi is the Igbo candidate who must be supported by Igbos and by many Chijiokes claiming to be "Tunde" or "Haruna".

Anambrarians have warned us from the past, Nigerians must avoid this one chance as we proceed to the future.

The chief importer wants to continue in his anti-Nigerian approach to wealth creation that builds other national economies instead of building Nigeria's.

Just try and rest! Oh and try to drink water first. You’re somewhere in Ikotun or Iyana oba or one those slums in Lagos, coaching someone who is speaking from HAVARD! No shame at all, all in the name of politics!

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
erico2k2:

how about build superior equipment in nigeria and use it....

people went to war because of markets....
and you are their thinkin its that simple....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Pakute: 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
tsdarkside:

They eat, drink, sleep dollar sotey our naira no get value again. I tire for dem.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pakute:

They eat, drink, sleep dollar sotey our naira no get value again. I tire for dem.

difficult people....

they all have this mentality....they think they are even doing nigerians a favour sef importin everything from abroad....
cars they buy abroad and bring in are banned to drive....

wait oo....
who even weakened nollywood....??
is it not them with their ruthless copy copy business....??

na dem started it,big big....
their drive for money is unhealty to everybody....

i dont admire somebody soo fixated on money....

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
baretalk:

author=Barryseal post=117331665]
You're too emotive. Where did I mention Buhari? You make it really difficult to engage you.
You talked about closing borders, it's Buhari that did that, and yes that was a good measure, Nigeria rice production has really boosted and that saves us billions yearly. When we can produce rice, why import it. I think I have enlightened you enough, just go through my posts slowly and learn.
It's time we understand the concept of global trade. Your imports are other country's export and your exports are other countries import. You should be more worried about trade deficit than all these ban this ban that.

Whats all this hullabaloo about rice?! Have local production driven the prices down? Does it make sense to you that the rice you produce is x3 of what you get when imported? You don't have a competitive edge in rice cultivation than say Brazil, India or Thailand my friend.

The attention the government gave to rice would have paid off if it was same attention was given to palm, ground nut or other cash crops which we have a global competitive edge, so you import another countries export and they import your export.
In a nutshell, you put your best product forward, that's the concept of global trade.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tyinfinity: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
One of the poorest students UNN has ever produced .obi dullard

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Pakute: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
tsdarkside:

difficult people....

they all have this mentality....they think they are even doing nigerians a favour sef importin everything from abroad....
cars they buy abroad and bring in are banned to drive....

wait oo....
who even weakened nollywood....??
is it not them with their ruthless copy copy business....??

na dem started it,big big....
their drive for money is unhealty to everybody....

i dont admire somebody soo fixated on money....
Alaba boys wey use pirated CDs kill Nollywood that year. Abeg, make I no too talk.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
Barryseal:

It's time we understand the concept of global trade. Your imports are other country's export and your exports are other countries import. You should be more worried about trade deficit than all these ban this ban that.

Whats all this hullabaloo about rice?! Have local production rice driven the prices down? Do we have a competitive edge in rice cultivation than Brazil, India or Thailand?

The attention the government gave to rice would have paid off if it was same attention was given to palm, ground nut or other cash crops which we have a global competitive edge.
In a nutshell, you out your best product forward, that's the concept of global trade.

atleast people are earning money in nigeria....
still better than earnin nothing and still have to chop....

wait oo....
are you igbos suggestin we should all become importers....??

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pakute:

Alaba boys wey use pirated CDs kill Nollywood that year. Abeg, make I no too talk.

they think we forgot who started it....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
tsdarkside:

atleast people are earning money in nigeria....
still better than earnin nothing and still have to chop....

wait oo....
are you igbos suggestin we should all become importers....??
You earn more if the policy was channeled towards a product you have a global competitive edge. You're not going to out sell Thailand in rice sale for instance. But you can be number 1 in groundnut. You dig?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by MeineMutter: 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
GeneralPula:

When he mentioned Single forex market, I know Pandora no know Wetin him dey talk..

Single forex market that Obi's ancestors could not implement. Aboki parallel market CAN NEVER and WILL NEVER be eradicated till Nigeria is no more. The economy don dabaru beyond repairs. Na mouth Obi just dey make. I guess he has someone who is giving him some jottings on macro economics. He should go and ask Soludo. Nigeria's economy is one that has defied all known economic theories.

He would need to correct over 1 billion anomalies about Nigeria before he can implement single forex bla bla bla.

How does he plan our porous borders? Even when importation is/was regulated, people still find means to smuggle things in and out of Nigeria through our land borders let alone when you now allow importation of all sorts. I bet you, if there's no import restriction, as promised by OBI, Igbo's will go abroad and import toxic wastes which are meant for strict, guided disposal by just collecting cash from companies abroad to help them dispose these toxic industrial wastes in Nigeria. Container go just dey land weekly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by KaluwisxPRO: 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Simple reasoning indicates that we have to have plenty of fx for that to happen. And that exporters will not abuse the system by using the fx to import useless things like tooth picks when the economy really need the fx. They could also racketeer by selling the earned fx at higher rates. How will Obi address those issues?

The forex being given to oil importers, medical importers, bureau the change is enough to carter for the whole Nigeria’s legit forex demand. Do you know the amount of forex banks are hoarding for speculative trades?

If banks are forced to sell to Ordinary Nigerians at N430 at a monthly cap of $1000 whoever needs more should source for it themselves.

There will be a whole lot less demand for black market forex.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by udeh3(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pakute:

Was patronizing Innoson an achievement, Was/Is Obiano & Soludo not doing same?
It is pointless arguing with an ignorant folk who is as dumb as a stone. I would rather refer you to go read up on Tinubu's profile. Tinubu had worked and attained the Apex of his career at some of the world's top firms that Obi with his 3rd class in Philosophy can never be employed as a gateman.

The highest is been an accountant in Exon Mobil. Not even the chief accountant. He earns below $3,000 USD monthly. The question is, how did BAT made his wealth? And you're comparing him with Obi was the MD and the CEO of two banks?

I don't understand, you want to compare Obi's CV with that of BAT..? Please, I challenge you to compare

Your best fact always result to insult. All I just need to do is, put you up for a challenge. Obi is a Havard and Oxford graduate. You can also verify

Please, I'm putting you up for a challenge. If you really understand your candidate, let's do it here

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2022
Racoon:
Liberate the gateways. Not the senseless, impactless and useless economic blockades the APC govt placed on the lucrative southern borders with attendant huge economic loss sometime back while the northern fringes were just leeways for terrorists to freely stroll in and do more damages.

Nigeria case is an import and a oil-mono-economy dependent nation because local production are not sufficient enough to meet local consumption demand.

And what did the senseless blockade Buhari government imposed on the borders yielded? Did local production increased or saved Nigeria from the present food inflation and insecurity nationwide especially with the insecurity menace on farmers?

Liberate the economic and provide security first, to encourage local and foreign investors that will boost the process and enhance food production to help us shift from local consumption to export.
Actually local production increased. Nigeria is now the biggest producer of rice in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by GamalNasser: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2022
Okay for the first time obi is saying something I like

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
Barryseal:

You earn more if the policy was channeled towards a product you have a global competitive edge. You're not going to out sell Thailand in rice sale for instance. But you can be number 1 in groundnut. You dig?

and what product is that exactly....?? oyel....??

look,atleast foodstuffs....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by OsunOriginal: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1577948213998493701

This man is a trader. He doesn't know more than importing and shortcuts. He will wreck the country with this kindergarten mindset about the economy.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Emola12(m): 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
This man get sense pass my papa100% may God forgive me if nah sin
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by ElSudani: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
Dude is out to promote his importation business not to encourage any production economy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Is A Fraud - House Of Reps Declares / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi / Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.