Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (28637 Views)

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions / Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by BigIyanga: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
omokab:
nobody is happy with what happening recently to our economy especially high cost of goods and services . But we can't as well run away from reality .firstly before the administration of Jonathan ends ,the minister of finance okonjo iweala said Nigeria should prepare for austerity because of looting and downfall in price of crude oil. Secondly ,we cant hide from the truth that covid 19 added to our problem .Thirdly ,economic recessed also contributed largely and I can say bad government policies over the years from buari and other past president is among our problem . CBN governor is the worst which I dont know why buari gave him the second term till today. He has no idea .His only interest is to get money for the government without planning on how to help the economy so that masses can benefit . Look at soludo ,he's a good economist . Sanusi also did better than this one . He raised a lot of alarm when ministers and governors were depleting our foreign reserves . meanwhile ,USA and other big countries of the world were also been affected with covid 19 . cost of goods have increased in UK and US tremendously. Their inflation has rise in recent time but that does not mean they are suffering like Nigeria .
Lastly ,we need someone who understand the system of governance . A politician who has been in the system for a long time . Who can't be control anyhow like buari. Who can bite at anytime and nothing will happen . over the years we dont have seasoned politician as the president and we can see the effect . Obasanjo is not a politician ,he was installed yaradua was and did better in shortest time. Jonathan was partially a politician but was installed and had a lot of problem . Buari wasn't a politician and we can see the problem we are having . To me this is why I prefer tinubu who has make a lot of people and respect in political arena than others ,Atiku could have also be another good politician but he can't be trusted .
Keep blaming GEJ and OBJ lol
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Ayomivic(m): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Peterobiisathie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/analysing-peter-obis-plans-to-remove-import-restrictions-reno-omokri/

I am not fan of Obi but I prefer removing of import reaction.

Now that import is restricted what benefits does it have on Nigerians? Does Reno knows how much we are buying rice and other commodities yy said you wanted to promote now.

During the time of Goodluck a bag of rice was sold for #7500 buy now that you want us to patronise out local product we are buying it #40000 while the salaries of the workers is not increase.

You don't want Obi to get money from importing goods but you want Dangote to becomes more richer by be a monopoly supplier while thins he produced is more cost than what we imported.

Nigerians are shouting now , what do you think cause there crying? They are crying because things are getting increasing in the market on daily basis all the money Nigerians are getting are spending on food .

You can't near the building materials when you are not super rich and all of us been rich or poor need where to lay out head.

I know people like Reno did not know what Nigeria is passing through that was the reason he said all he said .

What is benefits of the local manufacturing if they can't sell things at cheaper rate than foreign manufacturers. You got the materials in Nigeria and you sold at cost price higher than what is imported that bis wickedness.

Remove import reaction . Let local and foreign manufacturers be in competition. Nigerian would go for cheaper and best quantity that is the only way I think you can improve the local manufacturing.

Before we are buying cement for #2500 from this Dangote. It is in this country that he is getting the material but today we are buying it #4000 while in other countries he sold it cheaper.

We are all Nigerians . The government is government of masses . Our government should stop been government of rich men.

Reno is talking about one key issues that destroyed the present Government of Muhammad Buthari. We don't want government like that again.

When you try things and it doesn't work then go back o previous method that work and look at other way to prove than stick to that that is not working. Restrictions of import is not working for Nigeria what it brings is hardship Because our manufacturer and local producer are after their pockets alone
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
JoeNL22:

Bros....don't mind him jare. People don't understand basic economics. And the leaders too na zero. Obi truly understands the problems we are facing. We must vote for him if we want to move this country to a better place

Stop fooling and deceiving yourself all Nigerian politicians are the same idiot. Yes he might not the problem of Nigeria but does he do anything about it it is a different story. All the politicians in Nigeria right now are all the same birds of the same feather Partners in Crime.
The only way forward is for Nigeria to be destroyed so that b-iafra and y-oruba nation can exist nothing else. Nothing more nothing less. I cannot believe people are still supporting the same idiot and die of Hunger in the nation. Even if Peter obi get there he will do nothing the same as tinubu. It is like you have a donkey and you cut the donkey into half
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
Misterone:
when we say Obi is dense up there, some people think we are just talking. A man that could only get third class in a course like philosophy wants to dictate the economic progress of a country like Nigeria? I am not saying that he must know all to become president but he acts as if he knows all which is his Achilles heel. This man will send Nigeria to the doldrum
. Please our current president what qualification does he have me I am looking for somebody which can destroy Nigeria as president that is all I want
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Arnoldo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I have said it time without number that peter obi is senseless and dull.
at least he has more sense than the other candidates. Abi have they revealed their plans yet?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by OChimex: 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I have said it time without number that peter obi is senseless and dull.

The problem most Nigerians have is, they are lazy to read and research.

Now, take your phone and google if great countries like America and China have import restrictions. These countries are heavy importers too.

Here in America, almost all the countries bring in goods here, but it must be American standard, yet they are one of the biggest exporters too as well as importers.

Make your own research and stop being naive and ignorant.

All the shoes I wear here are either, from india, Vietnam, turkey, etc, name them. Most Africans import foods here. I even buy Ghana yam from Aurora.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by todto: 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
americaninja1:
u are d senseless and dull person here. Even USA doesn’t restrict importation, not to talk of a country that her local production can’t cater for half of her citizen. They only gave few importation license and waiver, and block others from doing so in d name of promoting local production . Make few extremely rich at the detriment of millions of people.
This is so true. Although as an economist I am, import liberalization will affect local production but our local productions is very low compared to the people living in our country, therefore there is need for removal of import restrictions for now. And also our domestic producers are very greedy, always wants to make all the profits in the whole world to the detriment of consumers. Take the transportation company for example, any slight increase in the price of fuel will skyrocket the price of transportation
cost.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by colp2015: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
FlyoruB:
A Peter Obi presidency would usher in an era 'Container economics', whereby our struggling local industries would be killed off completely to make way for the dumping of foreign goods that can otherwise be produced locally and exported for foreign exchange. That's enough reason not to vote for that Pandora fraudster.

Granted, imports dependent economy is not good for any coutry; but we have a  unique case in Nigeria whereby all known economic indices and factors fall flat due to corruption, and sabotage, largely in the public sector.

What is the way out?

1. We need a synthetic economic plan to salvage the economy by making household products available at a cheaper price.

2. We need an economic system that makes multipurpose equipments available for income purposes. Examples are Keke Napep, Used Vehicles from Europe and America.

3. The multipurpose machines should be highly subsidised for the populace OR government can create a parastatal to oversee distribution and selling of equipments to the public at controlled prices.

It is understandable that importation is bad news for local growth, but the proposed solution marked item #2 will create a buffer for economic hardship which is currently biting hard on people.

4. Benin Republic thrives heavily on Importation of goods (mostly used items), but without any life threaning economic backlash as a result. Their currency takes the worst hit for being the dumping ground for foreign goods.

The merit of the economic system adopted by Benin Republic is that there is abundance of 'foreign goods' which makes the populace to focus on the Agric sector; thus there is abundance of food production in Benin Republic.

I understand very well that importation of goods is bad news (in the long run), but we can adopt a temporal economic sysyem that allows influx of foreign goods into the economy so the masses can generate sustainable income through open borders.

First step in the synthetic economic system is to open our borders.

What About Local.Manufacturers?

With the scarcity of foreign exchange and closed borders with porous restrictions on importation of goods, our manufacturers are currently closing shops at the speed of light and center no longer holds for local production.

What to do?

Despite restrictions on importation to eliminate capital flight, many unscrupulous people still find ways to circumvent the clampdown and thereby sabotage government's efforts to strengthen our currency.

The best way to go now is to open our borders.

We can still strengthen our currency while at the same time maintain an open border system by eliminating the use of U.S dollars in foreign transactions. Chinese currency and Japanese Yen can come to the rescue.

The proposition above are practical steps to alleviate suffering in the land. We can plug this temporary measure and allow it to run for two years before we start removing the plugs.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Waterbear(m): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
On the contrary removing import restrictions is healthy.. it creates competition of locally made...
It makes them up their standard and avoid trying to rip off customers.. exams the price if local rice was 4k after the restriction local farmers increased it to 30k because of high demands and reduce the quality of their products thereby crippling the economy.. allowing importation would make them bring down to right price and compete with the foreign quality vs price to deliver to customers top edge satisfaction...
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by americaninja1: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
ebbo:

Like supporter like his boss, the monopoly to import is only for those that have rice farms and rice mill which is a very good policy to improve and encourage our local productions instead of wasting our scarce forex on importation like during the years of PDP.
like agbado master like his slave. Anytime dey hear importation , all they think of is rice.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Tochj(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omockery is nothing but political Job Man
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Ajibade123(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
can we reduce the number of times this guy post is reaching front page maybe like 2 times. month is better
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Misterone: 11:31am On Oct 09, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
. Please our current president what qualification does he have me I am looking for somebody which can destroy Nigeria as president that is all I want
you have comprehension issues. Read what I wrote slowly. A president need not know all but when one thinks he knows it all, then there's a problem. And for your information, you are not as educated as buhari, Unless you thinks you can only get education through the 4 walls of a university.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2022
ElSudani:

What Obi is saying the direct opposite of what you are saying. Japan and China aggressively pursued local manufacturing ans export. What are the similarities to what Obi is saying?
He wants to create a system that will allow both imports and exports. You can't create restrictions on things you can't produce locally. It will lead to scarcity hence the price of the goods will go up. It is what we are seeing with rice. You made restrictions on rice knowing fully well the Nigerian farmers told you they can only produce 20%. It doesn't make sense.
How can we buy a 50kg bag of rice for 10k and 8 years later we are still buying the same quantity at 40k. It doesn't make sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sarah Pane: GEJ Is The Most Insulted In The World - / Crackdown On Corrupt Judges: How BVN Gave Out Suspects’ Hidden Cash-the Vanguard / Okorocha: I Felt Like Singing National Anthem When Obama Called Buhari ‘man...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.