Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (28746 Views)

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions / Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Zorn: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I have said it time without number that peter obi is senseless and dull.
The champagne they are drinking in Nigeria today , are they produced in Nigeria? The import restrictions Buhari placed has it helped the Naira in anyway? Some of you think your Nairaland post changes the reality on ground or should I say you're delusional . All the policies of Buhari has failed because he does not understand the complexity of 21st century Economy. You have more dollars in your bank's than the USA and Don't want your local currency to fall? The Chinese yen vs Naira trade deal that was proposed did it see the light of the day? Now people are throwing dollars in parties and clubs in your country as if it's your local currency but that didn't bother you . What does Reno Know ? Somebody that wants to trade the future of the for the post SA ? Selfish polictical jobber?

9 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
Food price in Nigeria is too high, allowing imports will crash prices of items in the short term then the government starts creating good business environment so that the locally produced food can be as cheap if not cheaper than the imported one. It is simple economics that countries all over the world are constantly using.

Nobody develops their economy by creating unfair advantage, you must be able to compete fairly globally.

You have to understand what is going on there is no production in Nigeria the production is borrowing money. Let me give you a good example let's say a product in America cost 5 u.s. dollar in Nigerian company will go and borrow 100 US dollar to produce a product which is supposed to cost $5 that is what is happening in the country with local production the local production and other local companies are in massive debts. Look at rice we have borrowed more than 12 billion US dollar every year to produce rice does it make sense
With all the local investment what the African countries are still getting more investment than Nigeria so the local investment is mouthpiece

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Yankee101: 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Doswnt make any sense
Local industries will collapse
Only igbo traders and importers will benefit
Dollar go reach 2k
He's not serious

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

We know he senseless but shaking old man is better and brighter. What a country

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Don't mess with the daughter of a loving father, else u go collect wotowoto

But where is lthe lie in what reno said..
U restrict import, put a high tarriff on it, wetin concern trader wey wan sell hin good, hin go inflate am asap, imagine paying high amount of money for goods that are dumped from other countries.. come to think of it, we are in a country where its citizens no get tamed culture when it comes to spending, who go see Burberry wey go come talk sey na Burburry hin wan put hin money on, restricting import will only endanger our local producer, ban Burberry, people no go get choice than to wear the burburry cool cool...

We can avoid diz calamity now, no allow ur conscience dey judge u later o, that kind level fit cause depression, obi no Sabi anything, forget the fact sey the werey dey cram, he is a fvcking dumbo, even his team don dey fail him sef, u can imagine the set of daft people hin go put for cabinet...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Cantonese: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Unfortunately Reno Omokri ended up not telling us anything.

He should please shut his mouth, rather than keep disgracing his fake self.

2 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by CheapHomes1: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

In what way?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Headachetoigboh(f): 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

Let your drug lord bring his own manifesto or you that is sensible should drop your own manifesto.
You follow all Anti Obi idiots on bird app thinking you will get Sense from there. Your idiotic candidate is busy showcasing he is alive. Riding bicycle like a toddler. Snapping social media pictures like a tik toker.
He better start acting movies.

You that is jobless is here sitting like an idiot I have been trying to defend an idiot like you.

We are waiting for Amoda manifesto so we see what he has for Nigeria B4 he does cos I said it earlier. He will not see the election day.

2 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Cantonese: 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
Zorn:
The champagne they are drinking in Nigeria today , are they produced in Nigeria? The import restrictions Buhari placed has it helped the Naira in anyway? Some of you think your Nairaland post changes the reality on ground or should I say you're delusional . All the policies of Buhari has failed because he does not understand the complexity of 21st century Economy. You have more dollars in your bank's than the USA and Don't want your local currency to fall? The Chinese yen vs Naira trade deal that was proposed did it see the light of the day? Now people are throwing dollars in parties and clubs in your country as if it's your local currency but that didn't bother you . What does Reno Know ? Somebody that wants to trade the future of the for the post SA ? Selfish polictical jobber?

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Tayorshd2(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

From 2007 - 2015 import restriction was removed

Foreign rice. 50kg N9,000
Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

From 2015 till date import is restricted
Foreign rice. 50kg N35,000
Local rice. 50kg. N30,000

Obi is right

I really wish Tinubu should win but with this analysis ehn at least food items needs.to be cheap to the citizens so i think retriction9should be removed so this items prices should be reversed Biko ...

I think I will vote for Obi this time due to this reason

6 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by shaklisco(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anthony0094:
I haven't seen a useless person like this Reno

obi is coming
they can go and die we will bury una well
why the attack? Counter his claim if you want to prove a point.

You people just make this man right all the time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Orch1981: 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
liasmiram2567:
Reno is very correct
Reno is very wrong you people are too dull even America import goods

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by CheapHomes1: 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Peterobiisathie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/analysing-peter-obis-plans-to-remove-import-restrictions-reno-omokri/

Reno hasn't told nigerians why he is obsessed with obi. Did obi offend him some time ago that made Reno vow to bring him down?

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Mike008(m): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Technically, there are no import restrictions. Imagine I went to buy ogbonno to cook, I complained about the price and I was told it is imported from Cameroon.
There is no single item you want to buy that there is no dollar factor attached to it.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Omenlon: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
americaninja1:
u are d senseless and dull person here. Even USA doesn’t restrict importation, not to talk of a country that her local production can’t cater for half of her citizen. They only gave few importation license and waiver, and block others from doing so in d name of promoting local production . Make few extremely rich at the detriment of millions of people.
USA doesn't need import restrictions per se because they have that comparative advantages over other countries producing similar products they are producing. E.g if you can produce a bag of rice in the US for 1o$ and similar bag of rice is produced in neighbouring Mexico for 12$ it won't make sense to import such rice from Mexico to the USA, even without restriction, It's simple economics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by GodsOwnMan: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
odoemenacelevian:
Reno didn't read economics unlike Peter Obi who has a PHD in economics..Reno should follow those runs girls he have lashing

Peteru obituary does NOT have a phd in anything. He is a 3rd class graduate of philosophy.
Shows us obituary's phd certificate?

Eboes say 'Buhari is a dullard.' Okay, fine. Then why do you want to replace Buhari with another dullard, obituary?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by blaise26abj(m): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Peterobiisathie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/analysing-peter-obis-plans-to-remove-import-restrictions-reno-omokri/

Why should Nigerians pay more for tomato pastes if the level playing field for local manufacturers to compete fairly with foreign manufacturers is not there . Your governments have failed in providing power that will help reduce the cost of production . Terrible infrastructure which does not help to reduce transportation costs of goods from one state to another .
Lopsided policies that favour their cronies alone to the detriment of Nigerians . Granting some tax reliefs and import waivers that can be used to develop the same infrastructure that makes local manufacturing unfavourable and unnecessarily high .

A reasonable person will help strike a balance between importation and local manufacturing at the same time then Quietly phase out importation as the local manufacturers develop capacity in a competitive environment .

The reason we have high costs everywhere is because the local manufacturers cant meet up with local demand . Even the incompetent government cannot produce/ refine crude . It imports . Imagine government bans importation of petroleum wit the very limited refining capacity , revolution for don happen in nigeria

RENO is a very stupid and cowardly man who just speaks nonsense because he has to justify his pay

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by delejoye: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Obi is not intelligent as people claim. I will advice him to better get real economist to advice him on simple economic issues before opposition start using his failed economic policies and projection to outsmart him.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Orch1981: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
This why I say nigeria is going no where whenever I see how the ordinary citzen reason .
Even America import , Singapore import

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Oduwils222(m): 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
He said so many things but ended us saying nothing.
Now that importation is banned, is there any good in that ? Let’s not just argue based on who we want to win or based on who we hate. What he means there is that he will give importers free movement which equally means that whatever can’t be produced here they can bring bring it in with little remittance to FG. You and I knows that US of all people still imports from China and Other countries. Let’s wait for Other candidates manifestos

4 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by delejoye: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Obi is less intelligent than people claim. I will advice him to better get real economist to advice him on simple economic issues before opposition start using his failed economic policies and projection to outsmart him.

2 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Iliveforever(m): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Godfullsam:

But Reno is correct on this one, a country that wants to move from consumption to production can not be planing to remove import restrictions on certain items we can product local.

Let's say the truth

Now tell me what buhari has done this past 7years.
He put restrictions and the economy is this worst.
Rice of 8,700 is now 38,000.

Obi is very wise to Remove it because the first thing to do is to give Nigerians breathing space from inflation of prices before tackling other things...

Now tell Reno to face his candidate and leave PETER OBI alone

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by TrumpDonald2: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Let us know your master's economic plan
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

Let us disregard a policy being applauded by renowned economists and ex cbn directors and believe you who know nothing and Reno Omokiri who has no known academic qualifications

4 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by hizeetech: 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
He once told you, he's ill-advised. Mad man get brain pass him.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by sweetkev(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Godfullsam:
Reno is right on this..

This is the kind of criticism we want - constructive criticism

Removal of import restrictions will only encourage container economy which is unhealthy for a country thriving to move from consumption to production.
Nigerians are so daft. Things are more costlier now than when there was no restrictions. There's even scarcity of dollars now compare to when there was no restrictions. What Nigerians need is human development not this economic policies that hasn't work since after independent. SHAME ON NIGERIA

5 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Powerhouse99: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
[*After Eleven Years, Presidency Exonerates Peter Obi*

Obi impeached for refusing to inflate Anambra budget.
—Presidency

ELEVEN years after his impeachment, the presidency has confirmed that former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, did not commit any crime deserving removal from office but that his offence was his refusal to inflate the budget of the state.

Commenting on the incident, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhamadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, in an article released on Sunday to commemorate the third anniversary of the Buhari Presidency, listed Obi as one of those who suffered injustice while in office as governor.

Corroborating the report, Chief Stephen Okeke, a community leader in Anambra State, said the statement was true. He went on to name other reasons for Obi’s impeachment thus: “It was not just the request to inflate the budget and accommodate their interests, they also gave as reason, the use of N43.2million by Mr. Peter Obi to repair the burnt Governor’s House for which 298 million was already appropriated in the budget; the use of N81 million for the reconstruction of the burnt Governor’s Lodge for which N486 million was also appropriated.”

- Vanguard, May 29, 2018. author=Peterobiisathie post=117357720]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/analysing-peter-obis-plans-to-remove-import-restrictions-reno-omokri/[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
KillSars:
Don't mess with the daughter of a loving father, else u go collect wotowoto

But where is lthe lie in what reno said..
U restrict import, put a high tarriff on it, wetin concern trader wey wan sell hin good, hin go inflate am asap, imagine paying high amount of money for goods that are dumped from other countries.. come to think of it, we are in a country where its citizens no get tamed culture when it comes to spending, who go see Burberry wey go come talk sey na Burburry hin wan put hin money on, restricting import will only endanger our local producer, ban Burberry, people no go get choice than to wear the burburry cool cool...

We can avoid diz calamity now, no allow ur conscience dey judge u later o, that kind level fit cause depression, obi no Sabi anything, forget the fact sey the werey dey cram, he is a fvcking dumbo, even his team don dey fail him sef, u can imagine the set of daft people hin go put for cabinet...

The problem with Nigerian people is illiteracy and Nigerians are so stupid they take Nigeria is the only country in the world if you put a lot of restrictions who will invest in the country, not even our own people. Just look at Botswana resident permit 50000 US dollar what happened 1200 Nigerian have applied in one year. Namibian resident permit for Nigeria is about 20,000 dollars over 2,000 Nigerian applied in a year. When you make the economical situation in the country had Nigeria is not the only country in the world Nigerians will just take their money and start building houses in other countries. This is exactly what is happening now with all the restrictions on products coming into the country. Nigerians living in Europe America Britain Australia New Zealand a lot of them are buying houses second opportunity Kenya South Africa Namibia Botswana and no more buying houses in their own country

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Lovenorth: 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
I just love Peter Obi, pls forgive me for insulting you when I was in the dark

4 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Iliveforever:
I told you guys that if the so called rally they held at delta today was organic without PDP paying a dime, Reno omokri the womanizer will be not bother attacking Peter Obi.

Somebody should tell him he’s promoting Peter Obi the more than what he thinks he’s doing.
mumu attack the matter and leave Reno alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Millionjeff: 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anthony0094:
I haven't seen a useless person like this Reno

obi is coming
they can go and die we will bury una well

Please can u offer an alternative analysis. As an undecided voter,I needed more facts to vote your candidate. please your analysis should be issue based.
For your information I got no candidates because Nigeria problem is systemic rather individual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Kingspin(m): 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
I listen to financial experts, not a YouTuber

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2019: Buhari Faults Oyedepo’s Claim On Defection Of APC Members To PDP / Babajide Sanwo-olu Takes The COVID-19 Vaccine / Secrets To My Longevity - E-President Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.