Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt (24170 Views)

11 State Varsities Shun ASUU, FG Threatens Unions / Nigerian Govt Threatens ASUU; Begins Registration Of Rival Union / ASUU Strike:-Ambrose Alli University Management Attacks Chapters ASUU With Thugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Hussein035: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2022
itsRhamzy:
I used to support ASUU but it seems ASUUs selfishness have driven them to their Waterloo this time around.
I support this move by Ngige and the FG should be prepared to replace any mumu lecturer found wanting or not discharging their duties well.

What exactly is their problem? Went in strike for 9 months in 2020 and they still got paid for those months. Went on strike again 2022 for over 8 months and counting and they still want to be paid 8 months salaries as usual but I'm happy FG is calling their bluff to deal with them. No union is allowed to be a pain in the as$ of the people and government anywhere in the world.

The students have lost 8 months of their lives for ASUUs agitations, they also lost 8 months out of the rents they've paid in their respective campuses, that's enough sacrifice anyone could make yet ASUU doesn't want to sacrifice anything not even their salaries and instead, they're here threatening they won't lecture and using students as blackmail cos they won't be receiving the free 8 months salaries they looked forward to. FG should be prepared to fire any lecturer that as much as not carry out his/her duties well. Nonsense.

If FG is paying 8 months salary to striking ASUU who should pay 8 months wasted rentage of the students. ASUU or FG

4 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by sultan003(m): 8:46am On Oct 09, 2022
ogatboy:

Thank God say na final semester the last person for my family dey.

Hahahahaha!!!!

"How can a prof at sokoto be earning the same time as a prof at port hacourt" statement according to the minister

What it means is that individual universities will be the one deciding their fees according to their needs

It is scary what they are planning.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by nathyx(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2022
This Same idiot Ngige after his tenure is over will sit down and be insulting Govt. Say Nigeria no good ewwww undecided
Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Haywhy3579: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2022
System202:

The government are elected to improve standards of living, education and so on for citizens, and this Buhari government failed in all that, if it were in sane countries he would have resigned or impeached but bcs its in nigeria uchins are even supporting him
Mumu talk, so every time ASUU went on strike, the president should resign. That means in the last 8yrs we would have had like 4 to 5 president. U can do well to show us a sane country where Their ASUU went on strike and the president resign. Think b4 u talk. ASUU is a useless and corrupt organization. ASUU is the problem of Nigeria university

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by advocatejare(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:
Who said he who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.

ASUU will call off the strike only to embark on another one after few weeks

And you think CONUA is anything different from ASUU? Just give them time.
If FG proscribe ASUU, the same lecturers that were in ASUU will move to CONUA and continue their agitation. Ngige isn't smart, to proscribe and register CONUA is tantamount to emptying kaikai into a bottle of Fanta.
On what basis will CONUA go in strike? Will it also be on the signed 2009 agreement?

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by OcNetwork(m): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

What will they do that they haven't done before?
They haven't started lamenting about empty stomachs when they have been chanting " A is for God, B is for me" from many years ago
C for the serious student �

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by VIKTO83(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2022
I think the buhari administration has given ASSU the best management.
He finally polarised ASSU and made them irrelevant.
I don't think after now there's going to be ASSU again or that ASSU is going to be taken seriously again.
Invariably, this marks d end of ASSU unneccessay strikes in Nigeria.

People thought buhari never knew what he was doing.
I dedicate this day to the students and parents who had made great sacrifice yo end this turmoil called ASSU.
ASSU had been defeated. This shows how much buhari can go to fight for what is right.
I believe in d years to come Nigeria will begin to reap d rewards of certain policies of buhari administration.

I stand with BAT

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by FynBoyPlentyMon: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2022
And who's going to compensate the students for time wastage and rents??
collins07:

You have time telling d students that government have failed in their duty. they're just being emotional without being logical, they don't know what is coming for them if ASUU should allow fg to go ahead with deregulation of university education.
Fg is saying they can't fix d infrastructure and taking care of ASUU without increment of school to 750k.ASUU is saying no cuz d children of d poor wouldn't have access to education but they are here supporting d fg.
They are shouting fg should not pay their outstanding salaries cuz of no work no pay and I laugh lol.are u guys saying that ASUU should omit what that supposed to have taught u in last two semesters as well cuz fg is not going to pay them? Are u guys not aware that ASUU must cover d syllabus whenever they resume and they should teach u for free since u are saying fg should not pay them, forgetting they must start from where they stopped?.
I think Assu should jump those semesters u guys have missed without impacting d needed knowledge since they don't deserve salary to cover d missed classes.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by itsRhamzy: 11:49am On Oct 09, 2022
FynBoyPlentyMon:
And who's going to compensate the students for time wastage and rents??
All those students losses doesn't concern them (ASUU) and they'd never reply anything regarding to that. Reason why FG must not pay them for the vacation they embarked on.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Legendforte: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
sreamsense:

I beg stop deceiving yourself Mr lecturer by hiding under conducive environment. How many of you even need stable light for research in the first place? The little semi-stable light available in most institutions, what do you do with it than to watch videos in your offices and switch ON AC and fans while sleeping with students to award marks? Which company wants to waste money funding your researches when majority of lecturers can't even conduct convincing researches that can attract funds and grants ?

You are not even ashame of yourself citing once in a while researches out more than 200 federal and state universities in the country. Can you imagine population of professors, doctors and research fellow lecturers in the country compare to the ratio of low accidental researches one or two lecturers stumble upon once in 5years? Justify little you are being paid first, many accidental researches some of you stumble upon don't normally lead to anywhere after company waste funds.

This is one of the reasons companies are reluctant to fund researches because many of the so called researches some of you stumble upon accidentally from student project are usually bait to waste funds. COVID-versine research that was funded from Nigeria university in 2020, how far about it? It has died down, it lead to no where, money wasted. How many Nigeria covid vacines promised are available now in local pharmacist stores?

Many equipment government purchased to teach students how many lecturers can even used those modern equipment to teach students when majority of lecturers never have industrial experiences in the first place? They only use equipment and chemical purchased by government to teach students only for accreditation. After departmental accreditation, they will pack those equipment and chemicals and keep again into store for another future accreditation. Many lecturers can not even supervise undergraduate project effectively because they don't even know it; many of you only use idea to criticise what you don't know.

Universities and polytechnics lecturers are the one recruiting unemployable students on yearly basis; many of them are only waiting for monthly salaries, they are never productive. 90% of lecturers should be lay off so we can use another technique to recruit competent lecturers. We should stop emphasizing only on academic qualification and number of journals written alone. Is not really making our schools to be functional. Let us combine industrial experience with it and let students also get involved in analyzing lecturers that can transfer knowledge to them.

Retaining first class students who never even attended SIWES or have industrial experience should never be allowed to teach. If you are brilliant but can not teach the dullest students to understand, they shouldn't hire such individual; he/she should be tried if he/she will fit into research, otherwise, never employed such person into our academic system. Many things I can't write here, all those professors that can't transfer their knowledge to younger generations via simple teaching and without even tangible active research should be lay off.
Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by bro4u: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
itsRhamzy:
salaries for what? Did you work for the 8 months you sat at home shutting down universities? I ask again salaries for what? The students are already suffering and paying for your own decisions to shut down schools and there's absolutely nothing left you can do that is new, and how do you intend paying the students who have lost almost a year rent? How do you intend to compensate some students that'll no longer be eligible for NYSC? You see that's where the problem is, you're talking about your own benefits but nothing concerns you with the students and what they've lost.

If Government job isn't conducive for you there's always the exit to use. Leave lecturing job and go find work elsewhere where all your demands will be met.. Don't come here threatening our students after forcing them to sit at home for close to a year wasting their time away.

I'm not a Buhari fan but before leaving next year, Buhari should kindly make it possible in the law to forfeit salaries of any striking body after three months. If Buhari can do that, he'll be praised by parents whose children have suffered in the hands of ASUUs agitations. That'll teach you overzealous lecturers what to expect when you decide on wasting student's time again. Nonsense.
I love you bro

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by bro4u: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

Did ASUU keep the students at home for 8 months or FG's failure to resolve their grievances early enough?!!

Are you saying ASUU has no concrete or solid reasons for being on strike?!!
ASUU kept and is still keeping the students at home. But that'll soon change, I trust Buhari to deal with those bunch of destiny destroyers. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Angelfrost(m): 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
bro4u:

ASUU kept and is still keeping the students at home. But that'll soon change, I trust Buhari to deal with those bunch of destiny destroyers. Nonsense

So, you are letting the government off the hook even after their failure to abide by a signed agreement?!! Why?!!
Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by JJuanMiguel: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

So, you are letting the government off the hook even after their failure to abide by a signed agreement?!! Why?!!
Forget about the government and ASUU and think about the student.

It's obvious the strike won't yield the desired result, but why go on with it cos you thought you have nothing to lose and the government will pay you for staying at home as usual?

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Wilson500: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
I apologize for my insensitive posts aganist ASUU
But students deserve better
These incessant strikes is now a form of blessing for private universities because they are now cashing out big time
I pray for a lasting solution to this cancer destroying our tertiary education

Happy Sunday
Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Ebubu: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

buhari should deal with ASUU
amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by JJuanMiguel: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2022
Wilson500:
I apologize for my insensitive posts aganist ASUU
But students deserve better
These incessant strikes is now a form of blessing for private universities because they are now cashing out big time
I pray for a lasting solution to this cancer destroying our tertiary education

Happy Sunday

You don't owe anyone an apology, most of these lecturers pray and look forward to strike, they will tell you they want to go and rest.

Around April, ASUU president Emma said they are ready to remain on strike for two years cos he thought this strike will end up like previous ones.
Let him come and repeat that statement again.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by itsRhamzy: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

You don't owe anyone an apology, most of these lecturers pray and look forward to strike, they will tell you they want to go and rest.

Around April, ASUU president Emma said they are ready to remain on strike for two years cos he thought this strike will end up like previous ones.
Let him come and repeat that statement again.
grin just 8 months without salaries and they're panicking. How Dem wan take survive for 2 years without salaries grin

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Wwwq: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Really
Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by Shawl001(m): 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
loko50:

Is a fight between Ngige and ASUU. I don't think you have been following

And who's Ngige?
Re: Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt by BJanta: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Everlastingson:

Just like your Buhari obeys court orders abi. Blind hypocrites everywhere. If you force lecturers to return to classes on an empty stomach will you also force them to teach? Mr Knowledge.

Welcome, BJanta: Edit Profile / SH / Followed Topics(33966) / Followed Boards(2916) / L&S / MT / FG / FS / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,938,722 members, 7,113,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 October 2022 at 02:08 PM / Logout(all)

UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 (12329 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Un-Follow) (Go Down)

UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Sapa23: 6:10am

The University of Calabar is set to resume academic activities after the nine months strike following the court order by the Appeal Court of Nigeria, this is according to a reliable source at the University.

Last Friday, the court gave the order after dismissing the union’s application for a stay of execution of an earlier ruling of the National Industrial Court directing the university lecturers to resume work.

Read Also: UI, UNICAL Profs Narrowly Miss Nobel Prize

The University Management headed by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Florence Banku Obi is said to have plans to reopen the University on the week of the 17th of October, 2022.

Recall that the three-member panel of the Court of Appeal led by Hamma Barka granted the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) permission to appeal the ruling of the industrial court but ruled that it must first resume work to be allowed to file the appeal. It said should ASUU fail to re-open the universities, the permission it gave the union to appeal against the interlocutory injunction of the National Industrial Court “will be automatically vacated.” It gave the university lecturers’ union seven days within which to file its notice of appeal against the order of the National Industrial Court. “I am inclined to granting the application to appeal the decision of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria. But the order of the lower court shall be immediately obeyed,” the court held in its unanimous ruling. The National Industrial Court had on 21 September ordered ASUU to call off the strike.

https://www.opinionnigeria.com/ASUU-unical-set-to-resume-academic-activities/

(Quote) (Report) 5 Likes (Unlike) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Sonoyom(m): 6:12am

Nice

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Pakute: 6:16am

Time is up for ASUU

(Quote) (Report) 28 Likes (Unlike) 2 Shares (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Larincharles: 6:38am

Na so all of dem go dey resume small small

(Quote) (Report) 21 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Itari3(f): 6:39am

Hope they do soon

(Quote) (Report) 8 Likes (Like) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by babyfaceafrica: 6:39am

Nice one

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Mrkrobz(m): 6:39am

Finally going back to school 
At least have learnt new skills

Meanwhile, don't forget to check out my animation story in my profile

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Naija4love(m): 6:39am

ASUU big loser, they’ll now shamelessly go back to the old offer giving them. Everything as being agreed, all asking as being agreed just no work no payment is the problem.
Why someone say student are the biggest losers of it. All our leaders are useless
Minister of education to FG be like

(Quote) (Report) 42 Likes (Like) 4 Shares (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by OgbeniOja1: 6:40am

Lols 2 weeks call off loading if govt no use their head

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by koolhayde(f): 6:40am

Betrayal

(Quote) (Report) (Like) 3 Shares (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by : 6:40am

A BIG shame on ASUU.

muykem:
Shame on ASUU. Everybody is blaming federal government until ASUU displayed irresponsible. There's no sector in Nigeria treated better than ASUU.

Gbamsolutely!
You've said it all.

Afamed:

Any strike from ASUU now again, the little respect they still earn from the people would be taken away from them. Presently they are fast loosing the little respect parents have for them

That's the word on everyone's lips now.
ASUU don lule

(Quote) (Report) 27 Likes (Unlike) 6 Shares (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by mannasseh(m): 6:40am

ASUU loosing relevance

(Quote) (Report) 26 Likes (Unlike) 1 Share (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by IamDietiesGod: 6:41am

ASUU ASUU my nigga.

Prof. Osodeke, what did you say you see again?.... Then I asked myself, where is the light, where is the tunnel.

Cruise

(Quote) (Report) 15 Likes (Like) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:41am

Good. If not for the warning I gave them, they would have still be on strike

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by tunwumi: 6:42am

Checkmate for ASSU

(Quote) (Report) 4 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Bigbishung(m): 6:43am

Hunger dey and profs dey die.so whatever goes

(Quote) (Report) 4 Likes (Like) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Threesha(f): 6:43am

Job Brief

We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Responsibilities

Manage all accounting transactions
Prepare budget forecasts
Publish financial statements in time
Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
Ensure timely bank payments
Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
Audit financial transactions and documents
Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
Comply with financial policies and regulations.
Requirements

B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or any relevant Degree
2 - 6 years work experience.
Work experience as an Accountant
Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Hands-on experience with modern accounting software
Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
Experience with general ledger functions
Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: jobs@kreateng.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

A mini flat
Outright payment: 300k (total package)
Subsequent payment; 200k (yearly)

Ps: it’s a first come basis. Leasing out the last one ☝️ (en-suite)

A 3-bedroom apartment ensuite with library and 3 toilets in Ajuwon
Outright payment: =N=550k (total package)
Subsequent payment; =N=400k (yearly)

Call 08 one 5 one 34 six 5 seven 9

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Afamed: 6:43am

OgbeniOja1:
Lols 2 weeks call off loading if govt no use their head

Any strike from ASUU now again, the little respect they still earn from the people would be taken away from them. Presently they are fast loosing the little respect parents have for them

(Quote) (Report) 12 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Jayson504(m): 6:43am

So this is how ASUU would eventually call of it's 8 months strike without the Federal government meeting their demands. It's sad because we do not value education in this country. That's what we get when we have clueless people in the corridors of power. Please vote Peter Obi for president 2023, and let's make Nigeria great again.

(Quote) (Report) 6 Likes (Like) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by money121(m): 6:43am

Noted

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by JASONjnr: 6:43am

:
A BIG shame on ASUU.

Look who's bringing shame to the table.....

Your darling daddy had to put on his deafening suits to the plea and cry of the varsity body and all you can say is this?

All Buhari kids graduated outside the country. And have their medical treatments outside the country and you talk about shame?

(Quote) (Report) 7 Likes (Like) (Share)

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Doyou2019: 6:44am

Naija4love:
ASUU big loser

Students, the biggest losers.

Na so Computer graduates go continue to dey finish school without ever having seen a computer for class. 

Na so dem go continue to dey pack dem up like sardine for Dia dirty hostels 

Na so old torn books for dem dilapidated libraries go remain. 

Na so una go continue with your archaic curriculum wey no dey help anybody life for the 21st century 

Una dead research life and labs nko

Body go tell una.

Sorry, my great Nigerian students, but yall are the biggest losers here.

(Quote) (Report) 14 Likes (

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The University Of Liverpool Comes To You! Move Ahead Without Moving Away / Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. / ABU Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.