Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? (8315 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by tkb417(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2007
i simply cannot marry such a gurl make complex no come dey catch me laterz
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by openspace(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2007
[color=#000099][/color], hi friends,i,m new in here, and i look forward to enjoying the place.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by openspace(m): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2007
Well, to marry such a woman my brother, it takes a man with an elephant mind
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by joeysuaza: 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2007
theres is really no big deal settling down with a girl that earns more than you as long she respects and loves you and realises that u are in the man and the head of the home, no long thing
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by donike2008: 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2007
smiley yes i can marry a lady that earn more than me, so far she respect me as a husband and do her duty as a wife
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by orobo50cl(m): 2:10am On Sep 16, 2007
Actually, there is nothing wrong in marrying a girl that makes more than me. For example, although am not yet married now by i plan to do that any time soon. My girl friend is rich, very very rich. He father was a former speaker of one of the southern states in Nigeria for 8 years and before he became a speaker, he was a director in one of the largest blue chip companies in the world. My people pepper rest die! She de buy my cloth, arrange my alawee, arrange my trips money, bought my last car, hell even pays for my internet subscription every month.

O boy i be super scrub and i de enjoy am die! If women have been scrubbing for 1000s of years, why man no fit chop belle full from them too. As i de like this, the moment i even hear gist say she de think of marriage, o boy, na Holy cross cathederal be that o! And any thing she say make i do, i must, i repeat , i must 2 do! grin

who get time to de form van damme say i be man, rubbish! King kong don die for hin last film. No need to do gragra say i must show say i be man of the house. No be only house, na hotel! Me wey never chop belle full, i go come de display one stupid pride and ego for the person wey de do family support for me!

All boys, it's time to find your own paris hilton or abacha pickin and chop am well well because if the roles were reversed, na the girl go chop you finish wey bone no go even remain grin

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Agbo2(m): 7:23am On Sep 16, 2007
@ orobo
Its usually great fun when u guys are dating i mean when its boyfriend/girlfriend thing
in case uve never thought abt it,
tak a look ahead thats if u intend to marry this babe,
how do u intend to retain ur place in the home?
u rightly mentioned that whatever she says u suld do u must do,
how long do u wana continue with that?
but it's ok if u really think u can live with that sha
Best of luck.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2007
Agbo2:

@ orobo
Its usually great fun when u guys are dating i mean when its boyfriend/girlfriend thing
in case uve never thought about it,
tak a look ahead thats if u intend to marry this babe,
how do u intend to retain your place in the home?
u rightly mentioned that whatever she says u suld do u must do,
how long do u wana continue with that?
but it's ok if u really think u can live with that sha
Best of luck.

See im mouth! Oh STFU!!!!! angry
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by soulpatrol(f): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2007
na wa o. some men are just evil! it is ok for u to work hard towards ur career goals and make a lot of money, wheareas for a woman, it is frowned upon? sheesh, u would rather she even stays home and babysits the kids, cooks and cleans the house ehn? like the olden days.

i hate seeing women that have so much potential being held down because the minute they put their intelligence to use and start making more dough, that's when some menfolk become threatened. shakes head

this rubbish is almost comparable to slavery u know. black people are rising against their adversities, hence white people are scared and doing everything they can to put them back down i.e racism in every form.

whoever makes the most money in the household, at the end of the day, the money is going to be spent on their upkeep isn't it? scrap all this head of the house BS. if a man is doing what he needs to be doing, irrespective of what he earns, there will be no reason to disrespect or whatever. as long as he's not lazy. i tire o.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by FactorChic(f): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2007
seriously?
I mean, does this post exist for real?
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by soulpatrol(f): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2007
my sista, if u be naija, e no suppose surprise o. obviously we still have a few guys left in the dark ages!
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by doyin13(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2007
like I stated earlier

I am prepared to be stay at home dad. grin

Modern geezer l'omo grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2007
doyin13:

like I stated earlier

I am prepared to be stay at home dad. grin

Modern geezer l'omo grin grin grin

That'a right! Please let me know when you are accepting applications plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by soulpatrol(f): 2:00am On Sep 18, 2007
that sounds like an excuse just to be lazy o. doyin13, don't be surprised when ur wifey starts treating u like a doormat o. tongue we no like lazy man o. u know how women's heads can become big. cool
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by okeyz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2007
well i have no problem with that !! infact its very ok with me at least i will not be worrying my self to death about taking care of her when she is capable of taking care of us!
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by stingersmi(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2007
I will only if the love is there and she respects me and takes me as i am, i will also work hard to upgrade my statues.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Bblak(f): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2007
I can't.Oh sorry the question is for guys lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by initiate: 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2007
where would they even meet each other for the guy to start toasting her. we live in a class conscious society
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by afrodixie: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2007
Not when you have shortage of men across the board in Nigeria or the whole world generally speaking.  You will be forced to step out of your "class" once in a while! kiss The men become bolder and the woman become more defenseless! We wan marry naaaaaaaaaa!!!! grin Anything goes at this desperate moment in time! wink
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by laudate: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2007
orobo 50cl:

Actually, there is nothing wrong in marrying a girl that makes more than me. For example, although am not yet married now by i plan to do that any time soon. My girl friend is rich, very very rich. He father was a former speaker of one of the southern states in Nigeria for 8 years and before he became a speaker, he was a director in one of the largest blue chip companies in the world. My people pepper rest die! She de buy my cloth, arrange my alawee, arrange my trips money, bought my last car, hell even pays for my internet subscription every month.

O boy i be super scrub and i de enjoy am die! If women have been scrubbing for 1000s of years, why man no fit chop belle full from them too. As i de like this, the moment i even hear gist say she de think of marriage, o boy, na Holy cross cathederal be that o! And any thing she say make i do, i must, i repeat , i must 2 do! grin

who get time to de form van damme say i be man, rubbish! King kong don die for hin last film. No need to do gragra say i must show say i be man of the house. No be only house, na hotel! Me wey never chop belle full, i go come de display one stupid pride and ego for the person wey de do family support for me!

All boys, it's time to find your own paris hilton or abacha pickin and chop am well well because if the roles were reversed, na the girl go chop you finish wey bone no go even remain grin

Oh mi gosh!!
grin grin You be ba-aa-ad guy!! I don laugh so tay, my eye don dey water! Nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland! Okay, if una do wedding for Holy Cross Cathedral, na for where una go do reception? Shey na Civic Centre, Balmoral or Muson? cool Abeg, make sure say you distribute di wedding I.V come this side o! Include di free aso-ebi if you wan make I show face! cheesy

Wait o! Orobo 50cl you sure say your last name no be "Gigolo"? Talk quick o, make we sabi how we go take solve yah matter. . .
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by mamaorga(f): 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2008
i dont mind at all,
once the guy has got potentials he might later on earn more than me so what the fuss
i will give him his due respect
am sure he will earn a good pay that will cater for us but the only thing is that am earning more

its alrite wit me
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by banni: 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2008
Those who say no have an complex problem and those girls who say no are stuck are women who just want even more money.

There is nothing wrong with it at all as long as the man is bringing his share home.Grow into the 21st century .Even those posting they are abroad makes me think if they live in those places or even worse live there and are stuck all aone in their flat to see the outside world.

Its coming more common now then ever.Main thing is the man is making an effort is all that matters.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:56am On Mar 05, 2008
Yes, provided:
1. She understands accepts her role as wife and mother
2. Is a giver, in all its ramifications, and not a taker
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Agbo2(m): 9:12am On Mar 05, 2008
Giver and not a Taker?

hmm hmm  shocked
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Tigress: 9:31am On Mar 07, 2008
Wow!, such lovely comments but thumbs up for WALCOM and HAYO, i think you said it all, damn! WALCOM, you hit the nail on the head so hard, it will take an idiot not to get the message (i love you bro), truth is, he's richer, i'm richer-it's all good, cause i love the good things of life and thank God 'someone' is rich, as long as we get our priorities right, can i get a witness in the house?
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by simmy(m): 11:27am On Mar 07, 2008
most people assume once the guy is comfortable with earning less than his woman its ok, what if the woman is not?, many ladies simply cant respect a man if he isnt as productive as she is and most men just cant live with a woman who doesnt respect them

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by vanariso(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2008
In this competitive 21st century - anything can happen at any time. Imagine getting married to a lady working in a bank and you earn more than her. 1 year down the line; she gets a job with an Oil company - now her salary is like 3 times your's. What do you do? I think the best thing is to have other basis for getting married and not about the money. The scenario I painted can also happen in the reverse order. If a lady earns more than me now, it is no indication things will remain d same way for long. As far as I am concerned; earn your partner's respect in other ways! And for the very egoistic male in the house - bad news - Women will most likely be getting the juicy Marketing and sales jobs more than men. Find a way to get yourself better and also earn their respect in the real sense of it.

@ Hayo

U re right.
Life is a black box, just put in your best n relax.most times your input(effort) is not a function of your output.

I married my wife when she was doing her OND.I financed her education n now she has HND,BSc,ACA,MBA and ACS.Its such a spontaneous growth.

She earns 2ce my take home now. Am i to kill myself.?
What matters is who captains and thats me.Am still the man regardless of her income.

Its God's law .She knows it ,I know it unless I let myself down/belittle myself.Thats when she feels/behaves like the captain.

So guys,u see it doesnt matter if she earn mo.Let money be last reason u will fall in love.Its important in a relationship,but let it be the last reason.

Cheers

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by carnal: 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2008
No probs
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 25, 2012
pejubaby: hello fellow nairalanders
lets not decieve ourselves, its very rear for a woman/ladies to earn more than the husband and be submissive. most times those kind of people are always in charge because they are now the BREAD & BUTTER winner of the house.
most ladies that goes for that are sometimes those who are despierate to answer MRS , somebody.
you are 99percent very correct. I wud have said 100percent. I leave d 1percent for d rare excemptions.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by tonym1(m): 11:50am On Oct 25, 2012
YES AND THE REASON IS SHE WILL BE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE KEEPING OF THE HOUSEHOLD, AS LONG AS SHE KNOWS WHO THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE IS AND HER RESPONSIBILITIES AS A WIFE ....... THEN THE SCORE IS SETTLED grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 11, 2015
sweetchick:
Been there, done that. Guys who earn less seem to have a big ego problem
True
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 11, 2015
orobo50cl:

looool

Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage / How Much Do You Love Your Mother? / Is It Right For Your Wife To Go Through Your Phone Records?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62