Stats: 3,160,802 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? (8313 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by bandb1: 10:47pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ Agbo2

don't jump into conclutions here the poster has not said anything about  him being in that situation or has he? undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by WarfyBoy(m): 2:08am On Sep 04, 2007
NA WA OHHH, I GO tink am 2ice ohh, because i no fit sit down 4 house make my sholy dey tell me say make i go dey arrange [wash] her ondies ohhh, insohrt to b honest, any house were woman b breadwinner the man no dey get say @ all, n na the woman the children go respect pass because na she dey provide 4 dem, there may b peace and harmony in the family bt the children go respect there mom c pass pile

bt e still get some woman wey dey find husband to help am control moni ohhh

BUT THE FACT IS THAT ITS HAS ADVANTAGE N DISADVANTAGE
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by zimba315(m): 9:21am On Sep 04, 2007
to me it not all about the money but the love that radiate within us,but ladies can be somehow funny sometmes when it comes to their heads and they will do anything to turn you into wife and they becomes the husband.it's just god that can  solve that problem.normally it's ok for the guy to earn more than the lady.meanwhile some case come were the lady was earning low before but later promoted and earn more than someone do you would have know your wife then.finally to mi i can't marry someone that earns more i do, so that i will be able to control my house.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Sexyuhlala(f): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2007
Men would never cease to amaze me.

When u start dating a girl and she not working, they always  say "l can't marry a liability", when she starts working and she earns some cash no matter how much they start their nonsense just like "Ahhhhhhhhhhh ,she earns higher than l do"

If l may ask,what is it that MEN want? Cuz l really don't understand. Well l guess everything balls down to insecurity when it comes to the MEN oh.

Of course a lady would want her man to earn higher than she does but to me the other way round don't matter at all.

The most important thing is that there is mutual love,respect and understanding.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by VULCAN(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2007
Sexyuhlala:

Men would never cease to amaze me.

When u start dating a girl and she not working, they always say "l can't marry a liability", when she starts working and she earns some cash no matter how much they start their nonsense just like "Ahhhhhhhhhhh ,she earns higher than l do"

If l may ask,what is it that MEN want? Cuz l really don't understand. Well l guess everything balls down to insecurity when it comes to the MEN oh.

Of course a lady would want her man to earn higher than she does but to me the other way round don't matter at all.

The most important thing is that there is mutual love,respect and understanding.

@sexyuhlala
You made some serious points there. Men do act like that. But it all comes down to positioning. A successful/wealthy man doesnt consider a girl who isn't working as a liability-he sees that as an OPPORTUNITY. 'cos he can make a difference in her life. Whereas a struggling/up and coming man sees her as a LIABILITY. Both men are positioned differently so they see a different thing though they are observing the same person.

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by VULCAN(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2007
@sexyuhlala
You made some serious points there. Men do act like that. But it all comes down to positioning. A successful/wealthy man doesnt consider a girl who isn't working as a liability-he sees that as an OPPORTUNITY. 'because he can make a difference in her life. Whereas a struggling/up and coming man sees her as a LIABILITY. Both men are positioned differently so they see a different thing though they are observing the same person.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Oluchia(f): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2007
Warfy Boy:

NA WA OHHH, I GO think am 2ice ohh, because i no fit sit down 4 house make my sholy dey tell me say make i go dey arrange [wash] her ondies ohhh, insohrt to b honest, any house were woman b breadwinner the man no dey get say @ all, n na the woman the children go respect pass because na she dey provide 4 them, there may b peace and harmony in the family bt the children go respect there mom c pass pile
bt e still get some woman wey dey find husband to help am control moni ohhh

BUT THE FACT IS THAT ITS HAS ADVANTAGE N DISADVANTAGE

Says Who? I can tell u that for a long time now and even as at now my Mum has been earning and still earns more than my Dad and It has never changed our respect for our Dad. It all depends on the Woman, if you have a responsible wife, then that wouldn't be a problem. Infact, we the children never got to know until we all became adults and it was even our Dad that told us. Even the car he drives was bought by my mum and we never knew cos she doesn't drive.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by hamabra(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2007
@SEXYUHLALA
Nice talk
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by freemimnd(m): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2007
i dont really think there is a problem with that if she loves me
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by kenflowers: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2007
What matter is understanding and love. Whwn these 2 are in abundance, there individual pay package will make no difference.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by akumbu: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2007
lie lie, I cant marry someone that earns lower than me the woman.
how is he going to provide for the family? abi na my Money he go depend on?
Infact, I intend to stop working as soon as i marry and my husband will take care of me. that's why i am the woman.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by texazzpete(m): 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2007
akumbu:

lie lie, I can't marry someone that earns lower than me the woman.
how is he going to provide for the family? abi na my Money he go depend on?
Infact, I intend to stop working as soon as i marry and my husband will take care of me. that's why i am the woman.

That's why women will remain an underappreciated lot!
Earning more than your husband doesn't mean he has to depend on you. in fact, it shoul dmean you have to depend on him less for thngs you want.

personally, i have no qualms if my wife earns more than i do. That'll leave up some of my cash for my usually impulsive buying sprees. YaY!

Seriously, it makes no difference. I dunno why educated people still keep up that myth of husbands washing their wives' undies (perhaps it comes from reading too many copies of Hints magazine?)
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by sammiek1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2007
My girlfriend was earning four times my salary till last month. I was also earning well though. I had a very tasking job that kept me in abuja most of the time. We had no issues about our income. I did my own part sha. I take her out and get nice stuffs for her. As God will have it, I got a new job last month that places me ahead of her now, I mean in terms of salary. So, there is no big deal in your girl earning more than you do. Your attitude towards life matters more.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by soulpatrol(f): 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2007
sure, now that u're "back on track" and earning more than her now, i'm sure u're more comfortable, and now u feel more manly and in control huh? well, good for u, buddy! cheesy
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by frankiriri(m): 6:58am On Sep 05, 2007
@ topic
I can
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Gold(m): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2007
That my woman should pay for the house rent, buy the family a car, and settle all bills and still love her, yes I can b/c all is her contribution to improve the status of the family.

This will put me on my toes to get more serious and drop all the 10k - 10k (ten - ten Kobo) girl friends and look for bigger connections.

imagine all our big bros in White man country, they hunt for bigger ladies and created love along the way.

Our generation is not - modern enough, but I know the next generation will appreciate this and enjoy the benefit.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by company1(m): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2007
Let be realistic about it. I cant marry a girl who earned twice my salary because if any problem occur , she will saw what have you done in this house. Example: She will be saying that she feeds the family , buy pay the bills E.t.c .

Guys, i will advise you not to marry a woman that earns more than you because that is the beginning of problem.

Guys, How do you see it? cool
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by fesse(f): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2007
if the love is there, why not. so long he is not lazy, i will.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by rowlandwhy: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2007
company1:

Let be realistic about it. I can't marry a girl who earned twice my salary because if any problem occur , she will saw what have you done in this house. Example: She will be saying that she feeds the family , buy pay the bills E.t.c .

Guys, i will advise you not to marry a woman that earns more than you because that is the beginning of problem.

Guys, How do you see it? cool

Guy u are not correct!
if you guys are deep in love all things are possible!
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Gold(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2007
This mentality has cause a lot of damage, many mother In-law has killed their daughter In-law out of hatred that, she is richer than her son, by this black race has wasted many glorious daughter.

When are we going to liberate our heart? the light is shinning but we pretend not to see it.

What is wrong, when couple prayed and one of them is lifted, if the other adjust, the will both operate on a higher standard.

If i have a Benz 190, and my wife decided to buy jeep, when I appear with the jeep in the company of friends, level go change, and I can be trusted with better responsibilty (contract) that will fetch better things.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by femionasan(m): 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2007
Abeg because a woman earns twice ur salary does not make her the breadwinner. U will still give her money to cater for the family but the minute u start expecting her to use her money to take care of the home cos u beleive she earns more, bros u are not doing ur duty. U earn N400k per month and she earns 800k per month, we know that u can still finance a kia rio for your wife out of that money buy yourself a car pay ur kids shool fees, pay ur rent and a few other things. U might not be able to take the family on holidays outside Nigeria but Obudu cattle ranch is there  grin  She can also add to the upkeep of the home, but knowing men they will feel intimdated by that salary. And some women dont help matters with their attitude. I have an Aunt who earns more than twice the salary her husband earns, her husband earns in the region of about N2million per month and she clocks over N4million month but do u know the trip? She rushes home almost everday to cook for her husband. Now wot do u call that?
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by femionasan(m): 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2007
Abeg because a woman earns twice ur salary does not make her the breadwinner. U will still give her money to cater for the family but the minute u start expecting her to use her money to take care of the home cos u beleive she earns more, bros u are not doing ur duty. U earn N400k per month and she earns 800k per month, we know that u can still finance a kia rio for your wife out of that money buy yourself a car pay ur kids shool fees, pay ur rent and a few other things. U might not be able to take the family on holidays outside Nigeria but Obudu cattle ranch is there  grin  She can also add to the upkeep of the home, but knowing men they will feel intimdated by that salary. And some women dont help matters with their attitude. I have an Aunt who earns more than twice the salary her husband earns, her husband earns in the region of about N2million per month and she clocks over N4million month but do u know the trip? She rushes home almost everday to cook for her husband. Now wot do u call that?
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by rowlandwhy: 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2007
@topic,
Yes, i would if we are madly in love and will be able to maintain the love. grin
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by kemd: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2007
Yes, no big deal about that, understanding is the key word.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by soulpatrol(f): 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2007
yeah right. i don't think some guys can get over the whole "breadwinner" "master of the house" mentality. they feel threatened when a woman brings in more cheese. y'all better get over it because at the end of the day, u both have to contribute to the upkeep of the family and household.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by doyin13(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2007
OL BOB ME i NO MIND O

I hate work sotay

I am prepared to be stay t home dad

Whoever get problem with am
make e com see me angry
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by BABEELOVE(f): 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2007
doyin13:

OL BOB ME i NO MIND O

I hate work sotay

I am prepared to be stay t home dad

Whoever get problem with am
make e com see me angry

Yes! I agree with you. This is the type of stay home dad that will really benefit any lady!!!! You are always on the right track doyin! Nothing like a good total body massage when the "gburu lady" comes back home. Besides, you kind no suppose to leave the house for any reason!!!!! cheesy
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by doyin13(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2007
Men I say Babeelove

we be like two peas in a pod

How you take know say I get masseuse qualification grin
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2007
doyin13:

Men I say Babeelove

we be like two peas in a pod

How you take know say I get masseuse qualification grin

Don't you trust my radar?  I can spot them from miles away!  Been around darling!  That is why I always say that there are[b] girls [/b] and there are women! A woman with experience in "worldly affairs" can always pick the right ones!

That pod go crack oh! tongue
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by doyin13(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Don't you trust my radar? I can spot them from miles away! Been around darling! That is why I always say that there are[b] girls [/b] and there are women! A woman with experience in "worldly affairs" can always pick the right ones!

That pod go crack oh! tongue

You go show me the world o grin
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by mishooo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2007
Hmmmm Doyin !! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2007
doyin13:

You go show me the world o grin

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!  Very tempting!  You see---My mind has told me that I have to avoid you at all cost.  

You are like a virrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrus that threatens to consume my whole being!  I cannot allow that!  In short, you are going to be the fall of me! wink  So I have to be extra careful---of this "thing" that cannot be pushed aside!!!

unfinished businesses?

I can't believe I am in this mood in the day time!  Only doyin can do this!!! tongue

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. / Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? / Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage