Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? (8300 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Agbo2(m): 1:00am On Aug 21, 2007
Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? If Yes/no, Why?

Guys- Would you marry a girl who earns 2ce your salary?
Ladies - Would you marry a man whose pay is only half of your take home?
If Yes/No, please state your reason's'.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by ehie007(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2007
Y not, i personally would want to marry a woman that earns higher than me. A lot of guys wont cos they will feel insecure, but me i wont cos i will always be incharge.
Once you are in charge in the home and u love her then there is no problem.

But to those guy who their wife to be is the conntrolling they shuldnt dear maryy fer 'cos,

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Agbo2(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2007
I get your point,
Thanks.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by ochiaha1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2007
Agbo,ebi like say you get long throat smiley

You wan go chase senior chicks wey dey earn pass you?

I dey sorry for you if you try am, as those ladies go don see and taste life pass you. angry
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by NaJaHaJe(f): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2007
I know this thread is posed at men but i thought I let you guys know in all honesty that there are very very very few women that will marry a man who earns less than them even in this day and age.

I am on my way to financial independence so in al trueness I do not really need a man to be loaded to be my man but for the sake of EGO (which is the curse of many men) I would rather my man be beta off than me.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by ssRhino: 1:16am On Aug 24, 2007
There is nothing wrong with that, however, if a woman is earning than you and you as a man cant try to work harder, upgrade and just sit while you are being fed by the woman, u be lazy man be that
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by sweetiemi(f): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2007
hi, well there really is no prob as long as he doesnt have a complex problem!!! angry if he is able to deal with it and of course it is not due to the fact that he is lasy or just lackadaisical grin then why not undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Seun(m): 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2007
@sweetiemi: Yeah, but will such a man marry you? That's the real question. wink
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by otuonye(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2007
Why not? What's there? If she earns higher, and so what?

Josh
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by pages(f): 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2007
I certainly will provided he is add working, like sweetiemi said he doesnt have complex problem and I love him
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by ehie007(m): 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2007
Like i said earlier, i wouldnt mind marrying a babe who earns higher than me. but not too him grin grin

So rich girls in nairaland am avalable and single. shocked
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by RuuDie(m): 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ Topic/Poster,

the more reason why i'd marry her
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by kumbalo(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2007
There is nothing wrong with that , afterall it's all for the good of the family. but what are the characters such woman or lady pocesses? Personaly i can marry a RESPECTFUL & HUMBLE lady whose earns more than i do.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Seun(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2007
I won't be surprised if your definition of "respectful and humble" is unreasonable.
It may mean, "she submits her salary every month so I can spend it as I like". Nothing for you joo.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by nnada(f): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2007
As a lady, i will marry a man that earns lower than me, if he has potntials, that later in life, he will sure make it. i will not marry a lazy man, that wants my money, and later he will not move his ass up, to go and work, he will remain where i met him, no way for that kind of person. Work hard for me, and no problem.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by nnada(f): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2007
As a lady, i will marry a man that earns lower than me, if he has potntials, that later in life, he will sure make it. i will not marry a lazy man, that wants my money, and later he will not move his ass up, to go and work, he will remain where i met him, no way for that kind of person. Work hard for me, and no problem.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by khairat: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ nnada. when you are in love with someone it does not matter how much he earn
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by paulabok(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2007
to marry a girl that earn 2wise you salary is not a big deal. reason be that, you expected to grow. is just that at that moment that thong's are not working out fine for and if she agrees to marry you that means that she is not after your pocket she married U for you you are. And with this support things will work out fine because you are full of potential so EXPLORE IT AND THE SKYE WILL BE YOUR STARTING POINT
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Seun(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2007
In other words, you will work very hard to make sure you earn more. What if her salary also keeps rising?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by sweetchick(f): 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2007
Been there, done that. Guys who earn less seem to have a big ego problem

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by omekele(m): 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2007
i do not see anything that is bad in that provided the wife is submissive and is God fearing.
With the lean change of the husband they can still achieve their aim,the husband has to be dedicated to the wife
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by walcolm(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2007
to go out with or marry a girl who earns more than a guy, the guy needs a lot of patience, sincere love and appreciation of the girl plus a strong and enviable character to earn the respect of the girl.

and that is where most guys miss the point, RESPECT is earned. it is not anybody's birth right

it is human nature to psychologically behave as if you are better than someone if u have more than them and in the case of women, they need to be convinced that the guy is a MAN who can take care of his business (family etc) and is genuinely interested in being with them, so a girl will naturally throw things at you to test your mental maturity, resilience, sincerity and love

it is your duty as THE man to understand the dynamics and earn her respect by loving her
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by hayo(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2007
In this competitive 21st century - anything can happen at any time. Imagine getting married to a lady working in a bank and you earn more than her. 1 year down the line; she gets a job with an Oil company - now her salary is like 3 times your's. What do you do? I think the best thing is to have other basis for getting married and not about the money. The scenario I painted can also happen in the reverse order. If a lady earns more than me now, it is no indication things will remain d same way for long. As far as I am concerned; earn your partner's respect in other ways! And for the very egoistic male in the house - bad news - Women will most likely be getting the juicy Marketing and sales jobs more than men. Find a way to get yourself better and also earn their respect in the real sense of it.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by pejubaby(f): 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2007
hello fellow nairalanders
lets not decieve ourselves, its very rear for a woman/ladies to earn more than the husband and be submissive. most times those kind of people are always in charge because they are now the BREAD & BUTTER winner of the house.
most ladies that goes for that are sometimes those who are despierate to answer MRS , somebody.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by hayo(m): 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ Peju - yes it will be hard to submit to a man that is not earning as much as you. But as I said- what would you do if the man you married 'cos he has more money suddenly loses his job or you got a bigger job/lucrative business after you got married? Just be open minded and as for being desperate - it is not as easy as that. The world is more complex and remember that women at different stages of their lives have all sorts of expectation about the kind of man they will marry. Maybe when you are ready to marry and you find the love of your life - I hope you will not allow such a temporary status to sway your decision the wrong way.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by deen(m): 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2007
@pajubaby

The fact that she earn more than u doesn't made her the bread winner. You can still provide for her if you still want to be the man of the House. I mean it PROVIDE FOR THE FAMILY if you want it to work.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by spora(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2007
Huum,

Easier said than done, judging from the egotistic nature of man (and woman)

Very hard to see a man than will want to be a glorified houseboy. Very hard to see a woman that will want to provide easy money for a "useless" man to spend on his girlfriends and his God-forsaking families.

May be there are, May be Not. But it takes the grace of God [s]and a lot of anointing[/s]

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by edeone(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2007
[s]In this competitive 21st century - anything can happen at any time. Imagine getting married to a lady working in a bank and you earn more than her. 1 year down the line; she gets a job with an Oil company - now her salary is like 3 times your's. What do you do? I think the best thing is to have other basis for getting married and not about the money. The scenario I painted can also happen in the reverse order. If a lady earns more than me now, it is no indication things will remain d same way for long. As far as I am concerned; earn your partner's respect in other ways! And for the very egoistic male in the house - bad news - Women will most likely be getting the juicy Marketing and sales jobs more than men. Find a way to get yourself better and also earn their respect in the real sense of it.[/s]

Well said bro, but the issue is if u are not confortable with a lady that gets paid more then u den u have no confidence in urself that how i see it,comon men bcus she gets more pay dan dose not give the rigth for her to control u,dat can only happen if u forget ur prerioty. u have to pull ur wight and do well men dats jst it forget if she dy get bah pass u men. sum guyz forget or are jst too chicken or sum go dy fear watin people go talk say na d gal money em dy find,but remeber that u shud not really be worried about wat poeple want u to be but wat u,urself want to be so do ur tin. and be bold
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by rowlandwhy: 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2007
Some guys may wish to marry such ladies because of their money which may definitely not work out good on the long run.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Chiori(m): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2007
@topic, what's wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Agbo2(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ rowland
If this poster is that kind of guy u're talking about "wants to marry a girl for her money" he wuldnt be seeking people's opinion on this issue.

Do u know what it means for a lady to have financial advantage in a home?
She's got a very good job and believe me I dont hav a problem with that.

The problem here is that she keeps me on my toes, remember she cant remain stagnant too!
some say its a good motivation, but i'd rather move at my pace cos I believe more in my career not a job!

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by FM4EVER(m): 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2007
My fellow nairaland user,

Based on the topic above, I want us to be sincere wt ourself, marry a lady that financial up-right is not bad, but it depends on the lady you're dating, some lady are well trained while some are not.

Earns twice of her partner salary is nt the issue but just pray to God that he shd give you the bone of ur bone and flesh of ur flesh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating? / I Had Sex With My Pastor / Do Yorubas Still Refuse To Marry Omo-igbos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.