Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,802 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? (8314 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by IG: 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2007
There is nothing wrong in marrying a woman that earns more than you do. It all boils down to your self esteem
and your readiness to accept your responsibilities. Her being rich doesn't mean she will take over your your
responsibilities. Her money is hers and your money is for the whole family.That's why you are the man of the
house.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2007
IG:

There is nothing wrong in marrying a woman that earns more than you do. It all boils down to your self esteem and your readiness to accept your responsibilities. Her being rich doesn't mean she will take over your your
responsibilities. [b]Her money is hers and your money is for the whole family.[/b]That's why you are the man of the
house.

Thank you for bringing us back to planet Nairaland--was getting steamily foggy in here!

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Yes! It all has to do with self esteem and the "understanding" of roles in any given relationship. It is when you allow others to interfere with your family dynamics that problems start having a domino effect---cascading all around you.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Gold(m): 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2007
doyin na wah for you ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Fitty(m): 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2007
Please where's she
infact i'm in search of a girl like dat
U cares hw she earns
She's bette be cute though
If u find or have one
Plz hola at me
I'll take her!! wink
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by rowlandwhy: 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!  Very tempting!  You see---My mind has told me that I have to avoid you at all cost.  

You are like a virrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrus that threatens to consume my whole being!  I cannot allow that!  In short, you are going to be the fall of me! wink  So I have to be extra careful---of this "thing" that cannot be pushed aside!!!

unfinished businesses?

I can't believe I am in this mood in the day time!  Only doyin can do this!!! tongue
hey babelove abi wetin dem de call u,
beta mind urself here because them go impeach u,
read and advise accordingly not like the other thread where u are advising couples to cheat on thier partners to spice up their marriage live.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by soulpatrol(f): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2007
men who fear that are just insecure joo.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by rizz(m): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2007
if she is not big headed about it and recognises that I am the man of the house, no problem.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by jayvin01: 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2007
yea thats more money in the bank wink, but she got to respect me as the main man of the house!

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by BABEELOVE(f): 6:38am On Sep 07, 2007
rowlandwhy:

hey babelove abi wetin them de call u,
beta mind yourself here because them go impeach u,
read and advise accordingly not like the other thread where u are advising couples to cheat on their partners to spice up their marriage live.

Oh sharrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaapppppppppp!!!!!  You boring prude!  Abeg stay for religious section oh!  Who release you from ya cage? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  Are you babies that one can influence?  Instead of you to admit that you have been guilty of f**king around the clock, you are calling Babeelove!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Please make a no see my name for ya keyboard again or that warrants a hot slap from me.  I don warn una oh! tongue

Gold:

doyin na wah for you ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Look this one!!!! cheesy  Abeg make you try get visa leave Naija small!!!!  embarassed cry embarassed cry embarassed cry embarassed cry Una too bush!!!! Nothing will make me ever befriend a dude who lives in Naija---a go just kill am take am make suya!!!!  Una too bush!!!!! You guys are more irritating than that "Head On" commercial--that always makes me want to puke!!!! Agggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by awarun(f): 7:17am On Sep 07, 2007
That's difficult I doubt if I can,I have seen issues where the women earns more and are humble but the men started feeling insecure the kind of trouble in those homes u prefer staying single and some the women earn more and their homes peaceful it depends on how humble the lady is and the kind of confidence the man has.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by fatty27: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2007
It is not everyman that feel insecure. Women contribute to the insecurity where it existed.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by coolkaboom(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2007
personally, i think it all boils down to maturity and compatability.if omo babe is cool-headed and supportive without any scoin-scoin, no wahala.but of course, man gots to be up and doing too because nobody wants a scrub.so long as d man is secure about his masculinity without necesarily letting his ego get in d way , another problem is society,extended family and gossip.

it's a non issue sha.suppose u marry struggling babe wey come hammer later in life, would u dump her cos she now earns more.balderdash. a good heart is d treasure , everything else na bonus. i am not going to turn back my angel just because she earns mo than i do.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by yebarbie(f): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2007
Definately not!
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by honeyzz(f): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2007
Generally i think nigerian men or should i say african men have this orientation of always having to be the one at the top of the food chain thinks it just makes them feel good about themselves.But i think any man who has got a great level of self confidence in the first instance would be able to marry any woman no matter what she earns. i think it just boils down to the guys self confidence.iv got loads of male friends who make silly statemnts like "i want to marry a teacher"," icant marry a girl who works in a bank" bla bla .i think it just boils down to you lovin and knowin who ur marryin that teacher that might become a senator and she will show u pepper i what i tell those dumbos.appearances can just be what they are appearances.u neva know people sometimes until they are ok financially so if u meet a girl whose earning six digits and is very coolheade that an indication of how she always be.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by degubi(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2007
where is it a hard and fast rule that a man must earn more than a woman, circumstances of life can always change, tables do turn, i earn more today does not mean it will be so 2morrow, the most important thing is that we are happy and the family does not fall apart over a nonsensical issue as who earns more, there are more important issue to sort out.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by bisii(f): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2007
i simply wooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by company1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2007
I will like to marry a woman that earns twice than me so that i will screw her up!! smiley, Well, the truth is that i will not marry a woman earn twice my salary because there will be problem in that marriage, When problem arise she will be using some such words against you, E.g she will begin to say that she feeds the family, she pay the bills e.t.c She will ask you that what have you done in this House?? , Well, that is an Embarassment because you will bve ashamed of yourself. Please, dont marry a woman that earns twice your salry, I no fit shout oooo
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by tanmo700(m): 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2007
I would not mind marrying a girl that earns twice my salary provided she is humble, knows and plays her role well as a wife in the house and does not expect me to stylishly play a second fiddle in my own house. She should not allow her income to enter her head and feels she should decide what happens in the house. remember the 1st and greatest commandment from God to wives is that should submit to thier husbands.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by soulpatrol(f): 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2007
yawns. undecided NEXT!
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Macutie(f): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2007
Why ever not!

If there is mutual respect and you both give each other his/ her due, there is no how u wont be happy.

Why i once dated someone i was earning wayy more than and we were happy!
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2007

well, i see alot of VALID points from the ladies and men, I don't see a problem with the woman making more as long as there is understanding that the relationship can't sustain "life" if both partners dont take on their rightful roles and contribute their best for the marriage to survive WITHOUT tripping. A confident man should not have a problem with his woman making more money, especially if God has gifted her to be multi talented. That should be his pride and joy, and should not impact on her decision to submit wholly to her man. Woman and men both are just losing touch with the basis of our roles, regardless of who makes more money. Im sure any woman of God, making more than her man likewise, would equally want to share her success and happiness with whom God puts before her, and would not have a problem with the understanding of who is the head. That woud be defying God's order,

One partner's weakness may be another's strength. thats how we maintain that balance and harmony. Tho, the imbalance comes into effect when the gold diggers that want to ride someone's success,, and come in all races & genders that both men and women must be watchful for,

Im glad that i think 'outside' the box. LOL

love & light,

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Agbo2(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2007
Good talk!
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by theffanyi(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2007
NO,NOT,CANT,NEVER,SHOULDNT,WILL NOT WILLNEVER,CAN NEVER,MUST NEVER, angry

Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Agbo2(m): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2007
All that na grammar,

support your position with reasons.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by hufiz(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2007
nawa O, ,what are you people talking about. i will marry a lady who earns thousands of salary than me,if she is fearful to God.Even the prophet married a lady who is richer than him,so what about me ? i have to learn from him.thanks
rgds.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by kdawg: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2007
I wouldnt marry a woman who earns more than me because money has a way of turning womens heads around whether or not there is love in the relationship or not, when she starts making more money than you, you start to see a change in attitude and then ur nothin more than a house boi and u start recieving a lot of insults, nah I wouldnt try dat!, My wife has to earn at least 4 times less than me. If I'm making $60000 she has to be at least $15000 - $20000
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by trendy(f): 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2007
why not? stupid men does that make her less of a woman
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by kdawg: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2007
check out www.naijawatch.com tho
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by presido1: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2007
Is money marriage? if she earns more than me no problem as far as she loves me cos of who i am and not cos of what i earn. Even with my small earning i will try my best to provide for her. it does not necessary mean that the ones who earns more will be richer. You can be earning more than me but am saving more that you. let her know also that you did not marry her for the sake of what she earns and do stamp your authority as the dude of the house.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by ozigbo(m): 11:46am On Sep 13, 2007
that u are even earning more than a woman she is in control.
some home even when the man is still the bread of family
the woman Tail them what to do. I don't no what the pic
will look like if she is earn more than you.
A brother of my always say, is batter to marry two that
are good than to marry one that have a questionable
Crater.
My pray is that wil shall not be vet-em of such circumstances.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by Bosdem(f): 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2007
Y not, i can marry a man u earns half of what i do, it's the level of understanding that matters.
Re: Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? by oisrael(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2007
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that if the Man is not a lazy and slothful Man. It will just be a matter of time for the man's income to rise above that of the woman more often than not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. / Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? / Women Need To Be Taught To See Beyond Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.