Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,569 members, 7,865,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference (16441 Views)

Yari: It’s Unfair To Have Leaders Of Three Arms Of Government From The South / Peter Obi Says 'Oga Sir' To Sowore While Greeting Him At 52nd ICAN Conference / Garba Adamu Mocks Peter Obi's Speech At The NBA Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by naijapips04: 5:00am On Oct 13, 2022
Obi how many arms did you audit in Anambra? You that didn't hold local government elections? How do you want to audit legislative arm if government that you have no oversight on? This guy is a loud hypocritical fool.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by anochuko01(m): 5:03am On Oct 13, 2022
TINUBUISMAD:

See the way u sound so foolish and empty.
Enemies of Nigeria prosperity. Zombie. Ur senseless and bastard Tilumbu was invited but he ran away but if it's birthdays or women meetings, he will be there before anybody. Coward. I thought una claim say him get 1st class in accounting?
That's no how you won't sound stupid and senseless as a Tilumbu supporter to a sane person

If you're smart enough, you'll know that obi shouldn't be saying such things at this time. He might get praise from the common man like us, but he'll gather more enemies that'll work against his success in the elections. Play the fool until you get there, then unleash madness. Osinbajo is a typical example of this. He's quite and gentle, but his time as acting president would give you a hint of how ruthless he would have been as a president.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by NwaliE01: 5:04am On Oct 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
Mumu, dullard.

ICAN dey look you dey yinmu. grin

What's your problem?
You attack anything and everything even if it's a brilliant idea that can move the country forward. Even if you hate Peter Obi that much then welcome his ideas that has potential to move us forward.
Enough of all this hate abeg. Stop recruiting people online to hate someone that has done nothing to you. Politics is not about hating on someone but comparing brilliant ideas/opinions.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by obi58: 5:05am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:
If this man still wants to come 4th in the election, I think he should start learning how to always stfu at the right places instead of these nonsense he keeps spewing up and down. angry

The more he talks, the clearer the emptiness of that his big flat head is exposed. undecided

So if he is foolish what did your intelligent APC candidate Shettima say at the conference?

You are the one exposing your stupidity to all and sundry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by seunmsg(m): 5:08am On Oct 13, 2022
“As President, one of my priorities will rule of law and due diligence, and promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security. This will also underpin public sector accountability.

Nonsense. Is there any arm of government that is currently not being audited? The Office of the Auditor General audits and carry out periodic checks on all MDAS so this is nothing.

At the part in bold, can someone explain to me what he meant by “promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security”?
Baba just dey yarn nonsense confidently grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by NessFortunate: 5:08am On Oct 13, 2022
TINUBUISMAD:

Where is your push and start Tilumbu? He was invited as a guest speaker but he ran away like a thief that he is

isn't it laughable that APC Myopic and gullible supporters are pathetic. Mocking someone that does what you can't or couldn't and wouldn't do is madness and hypocrisy. Why was Tinubu a self acclaimed ACCOUNTANT ABSENT WHY? Lmao Tinubu always absent when it matters most. We are waitting for another old video to pop out on why he was absent from ICAN. Tinubu can't win this election no he I CAN'T. Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Soulsymbol99: 5:14am On Oct 13, 2022
Obi I hope the list circulating on social media is not from you guys. Hw ibo man go be coordinator of your champign for north undecided hope they never use juju on you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Spandau: 5:22am On Oct 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Nonsense. Is there any arm of government that is currently not being audited? The Office of the Auditor General audits and carry out periodic checks on all MDAS so this is nothing.

At the part in bold, can someone explain to me what he meant by “promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security”?

Kadoso Mutairu!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by fredoooooo: 5:29am On Oct 13, 2022
NwaliE01:

What's your problem?
You attack anything and everything even if it's a brilliant idea that can move the country forward. Even if you hate Peter Obi that much then welcome his ideas that has potential to move us forward.
Enough of all this hate abeg. Stop recruiting people online to hate someone that has done nothing to you. Politics is not about hating on someone but comparing brilliant ideas/opinions.
How many times did you condemn Peter obi supporters when hating on others ,from candidates to supporters? When they accord them same respect, that's the time you always remember someone is hating ,Whereas you lots are the real hater and the one that started it.
Look! you can only control your action but not reaction, retaliation or consequences.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by GUNITGuy: 5:37am On Oct 13, 2022
As if auditors don't know how to manipulate audits and present it as the figure .....
They just they laugh for their head
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by jamace(m): 5:38am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:
If this man still wants to come 4th in the election, I think he should start learning how to always stfu at the right places instead of these nonsense he keeps spewing up and down. angry

The more he talks, the clearer the emptiness of that his big flat head is exposed. undecided
Why was Tinubu absent from this all important occasion?

The way Tinubu is avoiding interviews lately, you'll think they are demanding for his kidney.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 5:49am On Oct 13, 2022
naijapips04:
Obi how many arms did you audit in Anambra? You that didn't hold local government elections? How do you want to audit legislative arm if government that you have no oversight on? This guy is a loud hypocritical fool.
Mr. Man, forget it, if it is accountability, he is topnotch.
It was part of what put he into trouble with virtually all organs in Anambra.
He came and wanted to introduce them to a new change and that was the beginning of his problem. No normal tip to get thing done at the House of Assembly. And he was impeached. But court brought him back, as court pronounced his impeachment as unconstitutionally.
The same reform he wanted to do in health sector, as Anambra health sector was down when he came. As the leadership then was so use to chop and make I chop. And they arrange for industrial action. Just for frivolous issue and not because all their nursing schools not registered. Not because all health facilities dilapidated and no health facilities in many communities. Not for upgrading of existing hospitals. As they were on strike, he went to register all their unregistered nursing schools, renovated them, start building new ones to meet exigencies of need. Before they came back, they were back to see new system in place.
We know to do that at the federal level will be difficult but there must be political will. Nigeria must change routine and we need man that is bold enough to do that, not one that will still swim in the bureaucracy of the system.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Gval123: 5:50am On Oct 13, 2022
Oga, u nor wan be president be that. You nor know say 75% of chaos way day happen 4 Nigeria, our security operative get hand for inside?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Yunus2012(m): 5:52am On Oct 13, 2022
Ok.so you actually expect FG to com and audit Cross river account or the Judiciaries' account?
To say that and then talk about rule of law? Thats premium emptyness.
CheapHomes1:

What's wrong with what he said?

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 5:53am On Oct 13, 2022
GUNITGuy:
As if auditors don't know how to manipulate audits and present it as the figure .....
They just they laugh for their head
And you think Peter Obi is a novice in accounting figure. He has worked in that field before. If he has failed the banks he managed wouldn't still be in existence till date. Forget it, Nigeria just need someone with political will.
People get away with wrong doing because the leadership has no political will to correct and sanction. We must get to that stage in Nigeria, before the nation collapse.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by kunleiky(m): 5:56am On Oct 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I expect the Anambra treat when Obi gets to aso vila. Many would find government job less attractive cos apart from your emoluments, nothing else. That's the only way we can curb excesses...come to alausa in lagos, Emilokan had introduced systematic corruption tipę tipę. You see an ordinary clerk building houses. Wjat a reckless man he is.
I'm telling you
I don't know why I find this to be really deep.
The degree of corruption in the civil and public services is alarming.
God should just help this country

2 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 5:57am On Oct 13, 2022
Yunus2012:
Ok.so you actually expect FG to com and audit Cross river account or the Judiciaries' account?
To say that and then talk about rule of law? Thats premium emptyness.
You see your crass emptiness. Is he talking of state government or federal government.
Young man, he is talking about auditing the constituency he is vying to become its president.
Use your head and stop changing narrative or are you comfortable with the situation Nigeria is and direction its going?

4 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Randy111(m): 5:58am On Oct 13, 2022
And the agbado dispenser that is said to be a 1st class graduate of accounting won't even understand what PO is talking about. Isn't that an irony?

Ride on OBI we Nigerians have decided to carry your matter on our head. Urchins can go and hang themselves

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by NwaliE01: 5:58am On Oct 13, 2022
fredoooooo:

How many times did you condemn Peter obi supporters when hating on others ,from candidates to supporters? When they accord them same respect, that's the time you always remember someone is hating ,Where's you lots are the real hater and yhe one that started it.
Look! you can only control your action but not reaction, retaliation or consequences.
Please check my mentions/quotes. I am not bias my beloved. I am not an open supporter of any political party or candidate because it tends to devide us instead of binding us.
Let's all preach love regardless of our political differences.
If you see any supporter of other political party dishing out hating words, don't join them but educate them on the need to refrain from it. We are the healing balm that the sickening earth need beloved brother.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by fredoooooo: 6:01am On Oct 13, 2022
NwaliE01:

Please check my mentions/quotes. I am not bias my beloved. I am not an open supporter of any political party or candidate because it tends to devide us instead of binding us.
Let's all preach love regardless of our political differences.
If you see any supporter of other political party dishing out hating words, don't join them but educate them on the need to refrain from it. We are the healing balm that the sickening earth need beloved brother.
Thanks for your kind word madam... I will try
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by NwaliE01: 6:02am On Oct 13, 2022
fredoooooo:

Thanks for your kind word madam... I will try
You're so loving. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by irunoko(m): 6:11am On Oct 13, 2022
Trenupdate:
Oga is always on point
I am still watching and observing but Peter should reduce his I Will,I Will so that when he doesn't perform up to the level of his sweet mouth they'll not help his uproot his promises.thr internet Never forgets.

I remember when Bubu too was saying I will destroy bokoharam but instead bokoharam became worse and had factions named herdsmen and Bandits or kidnappers.

Make una tell him to be careful of his promises.if he dey toast Nigerians like this,how he go take toast him wife

1.i Will buy mansions for you in Anambra
2 I will make sure your feets Never touch the ground again
3.i Will buy you gwagon and Rolls-Royce
4.i Will take you to America

He should reduce him sweet mouth o
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Akponmfet: 6:11am On Oct 13, 2022
KEEP DREAMING MR IPOB.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 6:13am On Oct 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Mr. Man, who audit who? Most of the MDAs are audited when they discovered there is financial misappropriation. Many ministries for years now, have not been audited.

How would you know the meaning of intangible asset, when you ran away from Economics class in secondary school.
Intangible assets are assets that are very difficult to value e.g copyright, tradename, trademark, software.
I know you won't understand all these and its relation to insecurity. You need artificial intelligence knowledge to understand. Just be playing politics at the detriment of the dilapidated nation.
Learn and wise up.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by SmartyPants(m): 6:14am On Oct 13, 2022
You will audit the NAtional Assembly?

cheesy

How?

Okay. Assuming you audit finish and find fraud. What will you do about it sir?

Can you fire a National Assembly member or a Judge?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by uckay304: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2022
TINUBUISMAD:

Where is your push and start Tilumbu? He was invited as a guest speaker but he ran away like a thief that he is
Is it that the man cannot face crowd or he is afraid of making mistakes.
He will rather send his vice than to come by himself, of all the conferences invited he has no show in anyone and you people want him to be our president?

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by jamace(m): 6:16am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Meanwhile Mr Agbadonomics dodged the event. He did not even send his boko haram VP.
Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigerians than dishonesty and thuggery, that is why he avoids all legitimate avenues where great leaders make their presence felt.

Anyway, Tinubu is proving to us that he has ordinary diploma certificate and lacks the mental ability to discuss real issues facing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 6:21am On Oct 13, 2022
SmartyPants:
You will audit the NAtional Assembly?

cheesy

How?

Okay. Assuming you audit finish and find fraud. What will you do about it sir?

Can you fire a National Assembly member or a Judge?

Are they under immunity that they cannot be sue for misappropriation or misapplication of funds?
You're asking wrong question.
Next.

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Paullo19: 6:22am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I wey dey wise where e land u?

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Bigchristo: 6:26am On Oct 13, 2022
suleimanwaziri:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9VtHAtwTg

The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi says he will subject all arms of government to routine audit if he wins the 2023 presidential election next February.

“As President, one of my priorities will rule of law and due diligence, and promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security. This will also underpin public sector accountability.

“We will abide by the Fiscal responsibility laws. All arms of government will be subject to routine audit this is the only way to ascertain the veracity of procurement figures, recurrent and concurrent expenses, even constituency projects,” he said on Wednesday at the 52nd annual conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
I think Peter Obi should be reserved at some point before he says what will affect the electorate too and they will start to be afraid to vote him in, everybody is corrupt in this country we do benefits from corruption one way or the other
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by tunde1200(m): 6:28am On Oct 13, 2022
grin cool shocked
LeoDeKing:

My comment is for human beings whose brains are still in their heads.

Hope you know some brains are in the custody of one monkey inside the cage. grin
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by rickyrex(m): 6:29am On Oct 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
Mumu, dullard.

ICAN dey look you dey yinmu. grin

and the olodo of all time tiefnubu finds it hard to speak to his audience or to grant any interview

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Applicant Convicted Of Drug, Fraud Not Qualified For Student Loan — Tinubu’s Aid / Birthday Mismatch, Gender Error, Unanswered Questions About Tinubu / That Supposed Victor Ikpeba twitter account Is Fake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.