Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity (23017 Views)

Tinubu Was Right When He Said That He Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity(photo / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by ljoh: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2022
Majesty2:
Your salty tears dey give me joy, shukudi Tinubu built Lagos, if uno like am go hang yourself.... Zombiediot, you and your new saviour, braindead peter Obidient will labour in vain, the akpu munching bastard will never smell aso rock

Peter Obi is working for Tinubu

Go sleep
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by chinebu(m): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2022
You can lie all you want. You started selling lies and people kept quiet. No matter how long you lie, it cancer become the truth. Remember that meeting almighty in the end and living in paradise, requires clean hands and pure heart. How many more years do you have sir? Amen your ways now.

Majesty2:

https://punchng.com/i-turned-lagos-from-jungle-to-megacity-tinubu/
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Prince001(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2022
jazon:
Jungle kor. Na desert grin

No mind d idiot, he should have put amazon infront d jungle making amazon jungle and we that lives in Lagos before d yeye guy became president are amazonians!!!!!!!
He turns every properties, noons and crannies of Lagos to family affairs!
That's why we Yoruba want Yoruba nation not northerners apologist!!!!!!
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Electorate: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2022
Majesty2:

Someone should remind this drugee that Lagos was once a capital city of Nigeria before Tinubu entered school and was developed by the British.

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by bakynes(m): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2022
Is it that most people on this thread forgot that Pre-Tinubu, Lagos the former Capital territory was abandoned by the Federal Government and completely focused on Abuja. Infrastructural decay, refuse dumps everywhere, traffic was unbearable pick pockets, roads like under bridge Oshodi to Mushin was blocked by guys selling electronics. The city was a complete shadow of itself.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Painandgain(f): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2022
Ttalk:
Follow the person wey know road. Tinubu sabi im way, na im we go vote for

Gbam!! No going back kiss
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by victorsola: 10:45am On Oct 15, 2022
Majesty2:

most comments here are from people who don’t stay in Lagos during this time or people who are not old enough at that time or igbos with sentiments cus na them plenty for naira land or social media. Lagos hospitals was nothing to write about then, school where just rubish then . Truth been told this man refublished Lagos.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Electorate: 10:52am On Oct 15, 2022
GavelSlam:

Shatap.

At best you are 30 years old.

Which means you were 8 when Tinubu took over the reins and you have no clue what Lagos state was like.

Anyone telling you Lagos is comparable to Damascus is still living in the past.

People who have never been anywhere make assumptions until they see things for themselves.

Lagos has come a long way and this is in no small measure thanks to Tinubu and the successive government he helped to promote.

You should also thank Tinubu for bringing Airport, Seaport and building the third mainland bridge because these were not there when he became Governor, Infact no banks and oil companies were found in Lagos, no single Hotel...Tinubu became Governor and boom everything resurrected.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by buzorcharles(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2022
And jakande did what?
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Cantonese: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2022
noblemuk:

Truely, you grew up In Lagos. However, none of the schools you mentioned above were state schools. in-fact, if you didn't attend a Federal or missionary owned school in Lagos...you are almost doomed. You may want to answer the questions? What happens to garbage from your house at the time, without carrying on your head to dump by the roads side almost half a kilometer away? what Cinemas were functional at the time? How did you get around long distances in Lagos without the terrible 911 (Molue) buses? Victoria Island was predominantly residential, Even the entire Lekki as you see it now was a large swamp and mash land. Give the man some respect. He has paid his dues and does have bragging rights...there's no one like him in this era of Nigerian politicians

Then it's either you do not know much about Lagos or you are very young.

I can mention too many privately owned schools aside from the missionary schools in Lagos State, before Tinubu. I must credit the return of missionary schools to Tinubu, because he returned them at his tenure.

Cinemas? There were cinemas everywhere. There were Idera, Oregie, Pen cinema, National theater, Glover hall, etc , ages before Tinubu.

Aside from the privately owned schools, Lagos State had its own Schools, Polytechnic and University, before Tinubu's tenure. I can mention the Federal/missionary owned schools to you. I was born and grew up in Lagos and I know Lagos completely.

Lagos had health officials long before the war. There were wole wole, who ensured that surrounding areas were very clean. Refuse was properly disposed.

Transportation was well developed in Lagos long before independence. Before Lagos State transport corporation, there were oluwoles. Before the Oluwoles, there were Marcopolos. There were molues and Kia Kia buses (danfos) emerged around 1970 or before. Tinubu only stopped molues from getting into Lagos Island following his own idea of a better city.

Victoria Island/Ikoyi/Dolphin were largely residential. Broad Street, Idumota, etc, up to the present secretariat, Obalende and Keffi street in Ikoyi we're commercial areas.

Lekki sprouted out from the destruction of Maroko, by the late Brig. Raji Rasaki in 1989, as the governor. Victoria Island annex was extended to cover the present Lekki Phase 1 as people started migrating there. Those who could not afford the property prices in V/I and Ikoyi started relocating there and further down.

Tinubu had his own ideas of how Lagos should be further developed. He improved the healthcare system, especially LASUTH. Ayinke house was built and donated by the late Mobolaji Bank Anthony in memory of his mother. Tinubu created the bus rapid system and following the withholding of Lagos funds by Obasanjo, Tinubu developed the tax plan. I remember clearly how some companies that failed to pay excise duties, had their gates locked up until they paid.

There are better administrators than him. Marwa and Ambode made Lagos liveable. Marwa particularly chased agberos away from Lagos, but they returned when Tinubu became the governor. Now even an agbero organised a rally in his favour in Lagos. Intellectuals attended the rally, jumping up and down.

Baba Jakande brought the idea of a Lagos metroline. This same PMB, blocked it as a military president in 1984.

Tinubu's popularity centers on his ability to give out money with ease. As far as I am concerned, there are three political moneybags in this country, namely: Atiku, Tinubu and Wike.Their resources make them who they politically are presently.

Tinubu told a clear lie, but we will not overlook his own contributions in Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by mabea: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2022
Tinubu was actually the worst governor of Lagos State. The present governor may contest that

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by AstuteAyo(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2022
With your papa money abi?
Stop this s#it bro!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by dreadsbee: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2022
Oga
Nothing was wrong with Lagos before you stepped in a governor...

Everything you did in Lagos is for your own selfish ambition

Everyone you claim you help how many are you well or did well.

Everyone you helped once they refused to play according to your game you turned your back at them. E g Gov Ambode.

Pls why can some Nigerians reason well

Voting Tinubu is a bomb waiting to happen
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by bakynes(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2022
Cantonese:

Then it's either you do not know much about Lagos or you are very young.

I can mention too many privately owned schools aside from the missionary schools in Lagos State, before Tinubu. I must credit the return of missionary schools to Tinubu, because he returned them at his tenure.

Cinemas? There were cinemas everywhere. There were Idera, Oregie, Pen cinema, National theater, Glover hall, etc , ages before Tinubu.

Aside from the privately owned schools, Lagos State had its own Schools, Polytechnic and University, before Tinubu's tenure. I can mention the Federal/missionary owned schools to you. I was born and grew up in Lagos and I know Lagos completely.

Lagos had health officials long before the war. There were wole wole, who ensured that surrounding areas were very clean. Refuse was properly disposed.

Transportation was well developed in Lagos long before independence. Before Lagos State transport corporation, there were oluwoles. Before the Oluwoles, there were Marcopolos. There were molues and Kia Kia buses (danfos) emerged around 1970 or before. Tinubu only stopped molues from getting into Lagos Island following his own idea of a better city.

Victoria Island/Ikoyi/Dolphin were largely residential. Broad Street, Idumota, etc, up to the present secretariat, Obalende and Keffi street in Ikoyi we're commercial areas.

Lekki sprouted out from the destruction of Maroko, by the late Brig. Raji Rasaki in 1989, as the governor. Victoria Island annex was extended to cover the present Lekki Phase 1 as people started migrating there. Those who could not afford the property prices in V/I and Ikoyi started relocating there and further down.

Tinubu had his own ideas of how Lagos should be further developed. He improved the healthcare system, especially LASUTH. Ayinke house was built and donated by the late Mobolaji Bank Anthony in memory of his mother. Tinubu created the bus rapid system and following the withholding of Lagos funds by Obasanjo, Tinubu developed the tax plan. I remember clearly how some companies that failed to pay excise duties, had their gates locked up until they paid.

There are better administrators than him. Marwa and Ambode made Lagos liveable. Marwa particularly chased agberos away from Lagos, but they returned when Tinubu became the governor. Now even an agbero organised a rally in his favour in Lagos. Intellectuals attended the rally, jumping up and down.

Baba Jakande brought the idea of a Lagos metroline. This same PMB, blocked it as a military president in 1984.

Tinubu's popularity centers on his ability to give out money with ease. As far as I am concerned, there are three political moneybags in this country, namely: Atiku, Tinubu and Wike.Their resources make them who they politically are presently.

Tinubu told a clear lie, but we will not overlook his own contributions in Lagos.
Nobody is saying Tinubu built Lagos from the scratch because Lagos was developed by first the colonial masters and the the Federal Government since it was the Federal capital territory but as soon as the FCT was moved to Abuja, Lagos was left to rot, we all remembered how the city became a haven to Armed robbery,Pick pockets at Oshodi and Lagos Island, refuse dumps everywhere and infrastructural decay. We could not drive through Oshodi to Mushin because Under Bridge (Oshodi Isale was blocked by Market people and people selling electronics). Tinubu and his successors refurbished Lagos to what it is today.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Cantonese: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2022
codemaniacs:

Tinubu built and reconstructed Itire road, Ijaye road. A lot roads in Lagos were mud roads and sandy roads or roads filled with deep pot holes..

Tinubu created BRT which Fashola completed, LAWMA, LASMA, RRS, Hydro power plant and LASUTH remodernization, EKO ATLANTICS, Alpha beta, lekki toll gate and creation of more local govts which created more jobs and employment especially for Yoruba people..

Like you said Tinubu began a revenue drive that makes Lagos work better.. the same way parents work to make the lives of their children better than what they had when they were children..

Would Lagos have been able to maintain the infrastructure it had on a N600m monthly IGR and even build more infrastructure, before Tinubu started the revenue drive

your parents wealth and your own wealth between 1974 and 2022 did it remain the same grin grin grin

can you survive on the same income you earned in 1974 and use that same income to survive in 2022 grin grin grin

did your salary between 1974 and 2022 remain the same cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

How old are you, my pickin?

Tinubu built Itire road? Sorry my son. Itire road existed ages ago in the history of Lagos. The palace of the Onitire has not changed in anyway. Infact the whole of Ijesha, traversing Itire to Mushin, have largely remained the same. Lawanson remains the same, except for the new buildings. Those filling stations in Lawanson have been there for more than 50 years. Nothing changed in Idi araba. All the roads were refurbished and keep getting refurbishments.

Ijaiye road was always there. He made the new road. Obasanjo resurfaced Idi iroko to Sango in 1999, making it necessary for the then new government of Tinubu to fix Ijaiye road. Tinubu surfaced Ikotun-Igando road, but within the area of Igando, Ambode surfaced them all making them beautiful and habitable. Ambode fixed the whole Ikola to Sango. Go and see then today. What about the Oshodi interchange? Na Tinubu do am sef?

On an IGR of N600m, Marwa gave a peaceful and prosperous. The exchange rate was N21.89 to the dollar. Today under your Tinubu and Buhari, it is N433 officially and N740 unofficially, a ruined economy and miserable citizens. Make your calculation and tell us the difference in real value.

Ask your daddy his income in the 70s. Ask him whether it is not true that his 130 naira a month or 400 naira a month did not pay all his bills and give him joy. You could buy Coke in Lagos for 6 kobo then. Ask Tinubu and Buhari what happened to our economy. Presently you buy a bottle of coke for N200. On the face value, that was the salary in the period mentioned by you. In real terms presently, that's a bottle of coke.

Tinubu supported a baba go slow to bring this nation to its knees. Now he claims emi lo kan, with a promise to continue Buhari's legacies. No be wahala be that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 11:39am On Oct 15, 2022
I keep saying, if people are bragging and supporting Tinubu based on what he did several years ago when he was young, it means we should go and resurrect the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Alowo and Ahmadu Bello to come and rule us in this 21st century as we just wan de backward for this country. Naso dem scam us with Buhari past legacy and now Nigeria has never been this backward still under same Buhari. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by GavelSlam: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2022
Electorate:

You should also thank Tinubu for bringing Airport, Seaport and building the third mainland bridge because these were not there when he became Governor, Infact no banks and oil companies were found in Lagos, no single Hotel...Tinubu became Governor and boom everything resurrected.

Tinubu opened the Lekki-Ajah axis from which several billionaires and millionaires have been made and that is not in dispute.

The EPZ, the Lekki Seaport, Eko Atlantic are all examples of his vision.

The developments in real estate found across Nigeria were predicated on Tinubu's formula.

When you look at the likes of LASTMA, LIRS, LSAA, RRS, They not only bring sanity to the metropolis, they provide employment.

Tell us what new age legacies your preferred candidates are responsible for.

Market your candidate for a minute if you can.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by simplesearch: 11:47am On Oct 15, 2022
So the labour of Jakande,Marwa,Raji Rasaki, Otedola, and all the past head of state who ruled from Lagos as the capital of Nigeria is in vain. He actually had some tangible input in the economic growth of Lagos State. Unfortunately the output of the proceeds of this input accrued to himself alone, pale his total input into insignificant.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by RealTalkNoBull: 11:50am On Oct 15, 2022
Bobloco:
And yet, Lagos became second most unliveable city in the world after Damascus the capital of war thorne Syria
Really? Where were Aba, Onitsha, and Owerri on the list?
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by codemaniacs: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2022
Cantonese:

How old are you, my pickin?

Tinubu built Itire road? Sorry my son. Itire road existed ages ago in the history of Lagos. The palace of the Onitire has not changed in anyway. Infact the whole of Ijesha, traversing Itire to Mushin, have largely remained the same. Lawanson remains the same, except for the new buildings. Those filling stations in Lawanson have been there for more than 50 years. Nothing changed in Idi araba. All the roads were refurbished and keep getting refurbishments.

Ijaiye road was always there. He made the new road. Obasanjo resurfaced Idi iroko to Sango in 1999, making it necessary for the then new government of Tinubu to fix Ijaiye road. Tinubu surfaced Ikotun-Igando road, but within the area of Igando, Ambode surfaced them all making them beautiful and habitable. Ambode fixed the whole Ikola to Sango. Go and see then today. What about the Oshodi interchange? Na Tinubu do am sef?

On an IGR of N600m, Marwa gave a peaceful and prosperous. The exchange rate was N21.89 to the dollar. Today under your Tinubu and Buhari, it is N433 officially and N740 unofficially, a ruined economy and miserable citizens. Make your calculation and tell us the difference in real value.

Ask your daddy his income in the 70s. Ask him whether it is not true that his 130 naira a month or 400 naira a month did not pay all his bills and give him joy. You could buy Coke in Lagos for 6 kobo then. Ask Tinubu and Buhari what happened to our economy. Presently you buy a bottle of coke for N200. On the face value, that was the salary in the period mentioned by you. In real terms presently, that's a bottle of coke.

Tinubu supported a baba go slow to bring this nation to its knees. Now he claims emi lo kan, with a promise to continue Buhari's legacies. No be wahala be that?

what comment in summary means you can't compare 2022 and the 1990s...

Itire road was a terrible road filled with pot holes in the 90s.. most places in Ikeja that were not Alausa had very bad roads... service lanes on express roads were very bad, majority of inner streets had terrible roads and some are still terrible...

What happened to our economy

its not just Nigeria.. the global economy is affected...

Igbos happened to our economy... Igbos are the ones who import the most... when imports are more than exports it leads to a trade deficit..
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Billygee2u: 11:54am On Oct 15, 2022
Bobloco:
And yet, Lagos became second most unliveable city in the world after Damascus the capital of war thorne Syria
Don't mind the desparado
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by daviswaiz: 11:55am On Oct 15, 2022
The last time I checked Lagos, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria before Abuja creation. I guess he lasted developing Lagos while in the womb. BAT must be a miracle working guru.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Billygee2u: 11:55am On Oct 15, 2022
limeta:
Lets make believe you did all that as a regional champion ok good thank you that was donkey years ago
Now you very old shaky and sick go and rest
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Cantonese: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2022
bakynes:

Nobody is saying Tinubu built Lagos from the scratch because Lagos was developed by first the colonial masters and the the Federal Government since it was the Federal capital territory but as soon as the FCT was moved to Abuja, Lagos was left to rot, we all remembered how the city became a haven to Armed robbery,Pick pockets at Oshodi and Lagos Island, refuse dumps everywhere and infrastructural decay. We could not drive through Oshodi to Mushin because Under Bridge (Oshodi Isale was blocked by Market people and people selling electronics). Tinubu and his successors refurbished Lagos to what it is today.

When the capital was moved to Abuja, Lagos was left as the commercial capital and not to rot. Tinubu met a much safer Lagos, left by Buba Marwa. He met a Lagos free from agberos.

He said that Lagos was a jungle before he became the governor. Does he want us to believe that his office on Tiamiyu Savage, V/I was a jungle area?

Our political leaders must be circumspect with their words. We have gone past the age where we did not hold them accountable for their wicked acts on the citizens.

At his tenure, Oshodi was a battle zone, with many touts and OPC reigning. Fashola cleared the mess to fix the area and Ambode made it what it has become today.

We must not take overlook Buba Marwa's achievements in the calculation.

Lagos was lucky to have great governors from the days of Mobolaji Johnson. We had Adekunle Lawal, Gbolahan Mudashiru, Ndubuisi Kanu, Comm Ebitu Ukiwe, Raji Rasaki, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Mike Akhigbe, Michael Otedola (Femi Otedola's father), Buba Marwa. They all played their own parts, even with the accusations of embezzlement.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by harmony75: 11:58am On Oct 15, 2022
Jagaban just dey lie lie it was Fashola that did all the work in Lagos.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by hohafrank(m): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2022
If not for this thief called Tinubu,Lagos would have been been a paradise comparable to UAE.
This shameless man siphon Lagos wealth into private pocket.
As small as the land mass.Lagos is yet to develop.
Go to the hinterland, you will wonder whether Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria,just because of corrupt nature of one man.
Anyway,his end has come 2023 when Obi will be declared the president of federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Cantonese: 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2022
codemaniacs:

what comment in summary means you can't compare 2022 and the 1990s...

Itire road was a terrible road filled with pot holes in the 90s.. most places in Ikeja that were not Alausa had very bad roads... service lanes on express roads were very bad, majority of inner streets had terrible roads and some are still terrible...

What happened to our economy

its not just Nigeria.. the global economy is affected...

Igbos happened to our economy... Igbos are the ones who import the most... when imports are more than exports it leads to a trade deficit..

Grow up and stop this your "my papa tell me say...".

Nobody talked about tribes, but about Lagos and it's development. Our discussion centers on Tinubu's claim that Lagos was a jungle before his administration.

Igbos made your country's leadership fail? Igbos made your leadership fail to create jobs and establish industries? Igbos made your governments fail to provide electricity and security?

Wake up and be wise. Poor leadership, poor nation. Corrupt leadership, miserable nation. Crooked politicians, divided nation.

Ask me questions about how Lagos was before and after Tinubu.

Yorubas/Igbos/Fulanis/Hausas, etc did not ruin the nation. Politicians of every tribe teamed up to ruin the nation.

Nigeria was a far more peaceful and happy nation in the 1990s and before now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by codemaniacs: 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
Cantonese:

Grow up and stop this your "my papa tell me say...".

Nobody talked about tribes, but about Lagos and it's development. Our discussion centers on Tinubu's claim that Lagos was a jungle before his administration.

Igbos made your country's leadership fail? Igbos made your leadership fail to create jobs and establish industries? Igbos made your governments fail to provide electricity and security?

Wake up and be wise. Poor leadership, poor nation. Corrupt leadership, miserable nation. Crooked politicians, divided nation.

Ask me questions about how Lagos was before and after Tinubu.

Yorubas/Igbos/Fulanis/Hausas, etc did not ruin the nation. Politicians of every tribe teamed up to ruin the nation.

Nigeria was a far more peaceful and happy nation in the 1990s and before now.

Nigeria wasn't peaceful in the 90s... the violence wasn't reported the way its been reported today..

Lagos was a jungle can have many meanings and not that it was a forest and undeveloped....

Igbo leaders created a Unitary government ensured that the FG had control of security, electricity which are important for job creation and industry creation... so yes it's Igbos that started the ruin of the country...
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Masterito(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2022
Which jungle? Lagos was never a jungle. How can a former capital be a jungle? Lol
Majesty2:

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by pedrozone15(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2022
LadyExcellency:
Buba Marwa was a million times better than Tinubu as Lagos State Administrator.

Tinubu is talking to the Indomie generation.

The plain truth. Infact I can remember two governors that performed better than Tinubu.
1. Alhaji Lateef Jakande ( very humble and patriotic.)
He built low-cost houses for Lagosians. He was a good man.
2. Buba Marwa. This one I remember well. He changed Lagos. He rid Lagos of Agberos by introducing operation sweep....oh good times.
Then came another governor that opened the gates for all Agberos, both the ones born in Lagos and a lot from Ibadan (that now claim Lagos as their state) into the streets of Lagos.
Now at almost all junctions in Lagos are young lads looking to harass the citizens for money and all.....
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Jephyard(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
GavelSlam:

Tinubu opened the Lekki-Ajah axis from which several billionaires and millionaires have been made and that is not in dispute.

The EPZ, the Lekki Seaport, Eko Atlantic are all examples of his vision.

The developments in real estate found across Nigeria were predicated on Tinubu's formula.

When you look at the likes of LASTMA, LIRS, LSAA, RRS, They not only bring sanity to the metropolis, they provide employment.

Tell us what new age legacies your preferred candidates are responsible for.

Market your candidate for a minute if you can.

Tinubu didn't open Lekki-Ajah axis and Free Trade Zone in Ibeju-Lekki local government. My parents move to Ajah in 1995. Enough with the lies. And he got no formaula for estae boom in Lagos. Get it into your brain, Lagos was a commercial hub of Nigeria way before Tinubu became a Governor. The only notable thing he did was to expand tax collection and releasing mayhem on the citizen of Lagosain by bringing back tout in our bus stop thereby increasing cost of transportation.

So please stop the lies. Some of us grew up here and saw what he did. Oshodi got his highest notoriety under his administration, same as crime leading the arrival of OPC snuffing out people life without trials by competent court.

Even in transportation, some of you think it the likes of Fashola that brought Mass Transit like Macopolo and the like. Before Tinubu and his stooges there were Macopolo and Coaster Buses (New ones) moving round Lagos.

As for Lekki Free Trade Zone if the like of Jakande have not open that part of the world I don't think Tinubu will have the idea of creating a business hub there.

By the way. Everyone keep saying Tinubu brought Fashola and co who built on his legacies, can we also say same thing for Maruwa that Maruwa created a condusive environment for Tinubu to work on? Thereby it was Maruwa lagacies for a better Lagos that Tinubu is building on. Come on guys, enough of the lies that Tinubu built Lagos , it no longer funny.

Actually among the governors that did well in Lagos, Tinubu is one of the least. Nigeria just got democracy then and all investors were investing in Lagos cos it was a commercial hub of Nigeria. It has not to do with Tinubu, he didn't woo those investors to Lagos, Lagos was alread a big market before he was born. All he did was to create agencies to collect tax and steal properties for himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by CAPITALBEE: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2022
Majesty2:

Words in light RED Font... Bad for the eye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kowa And PDP's Reaction To Budget Signing.. / Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Resumes Work After Distractions / John Fashanu & Wife Visit Fani-Kayode & His Wife At Their Home (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.