Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

2333 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2333 (5821 Views)

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? / Obasanjo Was A Workaholic: Nearly Died Of Diabetes In 2005 - Atiku / Former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo Was Attacked At Lagos Airport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2333 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2011
qqq
Re: 2333 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
Nigerians ngwa! ova to una! The ball dey una court! Choose the best of the two evils! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

While i await OBJ's response wink wink
-----------------------------------

news source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201108171211.html
Re: 2333 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2011
shutup IBB
Re: 2333 by ak47mann(m): 2:29am On Aug 18, 2011
see wonder i see not only that IBB Nigeria could have seen wonders in your bank account embarassed
Re: 2333 by LoveKing(m): 2:33am On Aug 18, 2011
this Man is getting senile.
Re: 2333 by Roland17(m): 2:34am On Aug 18, 2011
See Kettle calling Pot black,
Re: 2333 by naijaking1: 2:37am On Aug 18, 2011
For a man who annuled June 12th, killed many of his friends in the name of fighting a coup, and refused to appear before the reconcilliation committe headed by Justice Aniagolu to come here and say these lies is simply unthinkable.

Anyway, like I said, the more IBB runs around saying things he knows to be untrue, the more he makes the average Nigeria wonder why he has been allowed to speak in the first place.
Re: 2333 by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 18, 2011
Another case of an old senile man approaching his grave.

OBASANJO A FAILURE , WHILE IBB A DISASTER
Re: 2333 by dramenda(f): 3:44am On Aug 18, 2011
OUREST :
tongue
Re: 2333 by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 18, 2011
See pot calling another pot black. shocked tongue
Re: 2333 by macIB(m): 4:19am On Aug 18, 2011
This Babangida guy is the world greatest clown ve ever seen in my life! He should just keep shut and let us be!
Re: 2333 by MMM2(m): 4:23am On Aug 18, 2011
d both of u re failure (IBB & OBJ)
So go & die.
Re: 2333 by ektbear: 4:35am On Aug 18, 2011
OBJ failed in some respects, but succeeded in others. He could have done more obviously. . . but others in his situation may have been killed off in a coup or something.
Re: 2333 by kawkab: 4:49am On Aug 18, 2011
He is only regretting that he did not have the oppurtunity of seeing the kind of cash in dollars that OBJ saw.

All his replies are ironies.

Thank you.
Re: 2333 by abdulmaliq(m): 5:00am On Aug 18, 2011
The fact still remains that i.b.b did perform better than obj, atleast i.b.b keeps sayin that he has made his own mistakes and no man is perfect.
Re: 2333 by kettykin: 5:10am On Aug 18, 2011
ibb brought an ex convict and forced him on nigerians , the ex convict obj brought a sick man umya and forced him on nigerians .

The blame lies on the person who brought the ex convict in the first place
Re: 2333 by ektbear: 5:21am On Aug 18, 2011
kawkab:

He is only regretting that he did not have the oppurtunity of seeing the kind of cash in dollars that OBJ saw.

All his replies are ironies.

Thank you.

Hehe. This is the truth. But didn't he chop the Gulf War oil money? So he did get to see some nice cash, if only for a shorter period of time.
Re: 2333 by Delafruita(m): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2011
IBB is just a senile old man.he seems to have conveniently forgotten that when he was in charge,nigeria was ruled by just him and his SMC while obasanjo had to go through the senate for almost everything.there were no checks and balances on IBB so if he had he interest of the nation at heart,he would have turned the nation around.

He also seems to have conveniently forgotten that at the time he was head of state,the dollar exchanged for #1.25k,inflation was below 5%(until he blessed us with SAP),unemployment rate was low and the economy was fertile for cultivation.he rather decided to lay the foundation for the wreckage of our economy which was made worse by abacha and now needs a miracle to recover.

IMO,if umoru had not sommersaulted many of obasanjo's policies,the effects would have had a boom on the economy over time.even shoeless and clueless ebele lifted the ban on toothpick.OBJ isnt the best of men but IMO,his eight years did more for nigeria that IBB and abacha years jammed together
Re: 2333 by ghm: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2011
There are too many ignoramus in the corridor of power.

How can this man be comparing $11 of 1980s with the $110 of the 2000s.

The question he needs to answer is .

What is the value of $1 then and how much is it now?
What about inflation?
What are the cost of things then?
How much salary was he paying then?
How much does it cost to build a good road, schools, infrastructure then compared to these days?

If him and his cohorts can shamelessly stole hundred of millions of dollar when crude oil was $11 per barrel, how much would they have stolen if it is $110?

Abeg!
Re: 2333 by Ekiti1: 8:24am On Aug 18, 2011
ghm:

There are too many ignoramus in the corridor of power.

How can this man be comparing $11 of 1980s with the $110 of the 2000s.

The question he needs to answer is .

What is the value of $1 then and how much is it now?
What about inflation?
What are the cost of things then?
How much salary was he paying then?
How much does it cost to build a good road, schools, infrastructure then compared to these days?

If him and his cohorts can shamelessly stole hundred of millions of dollar when crude oil was $11 per barrel, how much would they have stolen if it is $110?

Abeg!
Thank you Ojare.
Re: 2333 by EgbonOlu: 8:27am On Aug 18, 2011
I won't blame both IBB and OBJ, I blame our system in Nigeria. I have seen and heard of so many Ex-presidents in countries that really wants to grow, being sent to prison for corruption and whatever attrocities committed while in office but in Nigeria, reverse is the case, I see Nigeria moving forward only when we wake up, tell those bastards that enough is enough with the way they loot our resouces, thinking that Nigeria's wealth belongs to them and their families, Don't let us be decieved that whatever this idiot called Babangida says is and has always been their game planned. They decieve the masses by saying sort of things and latter meet at their meeting place, making jest of the masses. They are nothing but what we know them to be, "Enemies of God", OBASANJO WAS A FAILURE + BABANGIDA WAS A DISASTER = OBJ, IBB ARE CATASTROPHE
Re: 2333 by babadlaw1(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2011
This ibb man never stop to run im mouth abi, dont know why people listen to him sef, its like hes always high on fresh palmy.
Re: 2333 by YoursGEJ(m): 9:09am On Aug 18, 2011
and he was a great success! B.a.s.t.a.r.d!!
Re: 2333 by Yeske2(m): 9:49am On Aug 18, 2011
Some weeks back OBJ said his successor is a failure and now IBB saying same of OBJ. Senile dementia. . . .need to go read up the pathophysiology(i Zap up as a medical doctor sha)
Re: 2333 by sicily4u: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2011
I believe IBB regime is better than OBJ, during OBJ time everything increase in price overnight but in other country is not so, even in 5years time the price of things remains the same but here in naija the case is difference
Re: 2333 by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2011
Rantings of a kleptomaniac
Re: 2333 by aribisala0(m): 10:09am On Aug 18, 2011
Re: 2333 by papadenzel(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2011
Congrats to both of u, So its now time to go to rest, both of u have done enuf harm to nigeria 4 us d youths, so d best you can both do 4 us now is to GO AND DIE,
Re: 2333 by seyilabi(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2011
POT CALLING CHARCOAL BLACK.[b][/b]
Re: 2333 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2011
Obasanjo was a thieving bastard, but IBB you were just a straight up demon,

With the gulf war windfall you still have mouth?! Atleast Obj brought us mobile phones which I'm sure you (ibb) have a lot of, What exactly did you for us apart from SAP?!
Re: 2333 by gogodaye(m): 10:45am On Aug 18, 2011
What a Travesty! A country in hypocritical self denial of its failings, Under the dangerous grips of kleptomaniac BOASTER leaders and their educated elite cult cohorts glowering over their triumphs over the ever accommodating populace who have been programmed to leave all to GOD ALMIGHTY.

OBASANJO, IBB, GEJ are all boasters with no regrets for their past misdeeds, whom collectively, we had as Nigerians entrusted our future well-being in and as well empathized with when they were struggling to be somebody's whilst consistently sliding down the abyss of life enroute to hell who had in return paid us back with humiliation.

Good spirited Nigerians do something to save Nigeria now for Nigerians.
Re: 2333 by ikooko(m): 10:45am On Aug 18, 2011
IBB just told us in plane language that he would have stolen 10 times more than he did and probably kill more people.

I assume IBB is more knowledgeable and smart, but with this comparison I guess I must have overacted him. How can he compare two regimes without considering the economic indices. Anyway he was just a military head.

If his only basis of comparison is the price of crude oil, then i can conclude that he is smarter at looting than management.
If we can obtain statistics of value of Naira ( Time value of money with element of inflation)  during his tenure and OBJ's, it will be glaring that OBJ is far more prudent and has achieve more than IBB in all economic aspect.

He talked about constructing nuclear power plant when we have bad maintenance culture. Whereas other countries are reviewing their policies on nuclear plants due to Japan experience.
OBJ did the necessary on electricity Umoru just messed it up with cash starvation for reasons known to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan Wades Into Oil Wells Dispute Among Anambra, Kogi, Enugu State / The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience / A Legal Analysis Of Why The APC Nominated Alhaji Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.